The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Billboard Poll"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Texas_Toast 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-12-03, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Billboard Poll"
Billboard has a poll going if anyone is interested about Clay and Ruben. You can only vote once a day but the results are pretty amazing.

http://www.billboard.com/bb/index.jsp

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Billboard Poll magic_star 06-12-03 1
   RE: Billboard Poll katem 06-12-03 2
       RE: Billboard Poll GeorgiaBelle 06-12-03 3
 RE: Billboard Poll RUTGERSpaul 06-13-03 4
   RE: Billboard Poll hotelle 06-14-03 5
       RE: Billboard Poll RUTGERSpaul 06-14-03 6
           RE: Billboard Poll hotelle 06-14-03 7
 RE: Billboard Poll managerr 06-18-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-12-03, 06:48 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Billboard Poll"
Thanks for posting this!
Here are the current results...

Winner Ruben Studdard's " "Flying Without Wings" / "Superstar" (J Records) 6%
Runner-up Clay Aiken's "Bridge Over Troubled Water" / "This Is the Night" (RCA) 94%

Total votes 21296

BTW, the vote total according to the percentages would be about 20,018 for Clay and about 1278 for Ruben. So that's a 18,740 vote difference.

Yeah, that is quite amazing, but definitely not shocking.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-12-03, 07:27 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Billboard Poll"

>Winner Ruben Studdard's " "Flying Without
>Wings" / "Superstar" (J Records)
>6%
>Runner-up Clay Aiken's "Bridge Over Troubled
>Water" / "This Is the
>Night" (RCA) 94%
>
>Total votes 21296

Make that 21473. I voted for Clay

(c) 2002, 03 GeorgiaBelle Creations, Inc. All rights reserved

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-12-03, 08:54 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Billboard Poll"
Poll Results:

Which second season "American Idol" contestant's single do you think will do better in the marketplace?

Answer Percentage:

Winner Ruben Studdard's (J Records) 6% of the votes

Runner-up Clay Aiken's (RCA) 94% of the votes

Total votes 21881

Votes are tallied immediately and the latest results -- including your vote -- appear on this page. Sorry, only one vote per person per poll is accepted.

Yeah, I voted for Clay.

Good friends are like stars....You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.

RUTGERSpaul 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-13-03, 06:52 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Billboard Poll"
Ruben Studdard's " "Flying Without Wings" / "Superstar" - 6%
Clay Aiken's "Bridge ... Water" / "This Is the Night" - 94%
Total votes: 25167

And Clay LOST!?!?!?!?

Clay had the better selling single on Amazon.com, Clay is going to be on the cover of "Rolling Stone", He's the #1 song on ALL the radio countdowns in the New York area.

...and Clay lost? Hmmmmmm... ;)

hotelle 3 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-03, 07:55 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Billboard Poll"
The main reason Clay is winning all these polls is because we Ruben fans dont spend all our time on the computer looking for ways to make Ruben look good. He is the winner of American Idol and his talents alone make him look good. He doesnt need to win popularity polls to show this. A;so, as it has been said by many, Amazon was only a "preordering" place. The real results will be on the charts. LEts wait and see how those come out.

RUTGERSpaul 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-14-03, 09:39 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Billboard Poll"
...I get what you're saying, but what about "Rolling Stone" picking Clay as their coverman?

hotelle 3 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-03, 09:42 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Billboard Poll"
I think its great that Clay is going to be on their cover. Each of these guys is getting a great deal from the AI coverage. Neither of them actually lost. Clay is a great singer and I wish him the best. I will be buying the RS when his cover is on there. Ruben is having plenty of good publicity also.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-18-03, 01:50 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Billboard Poll"
According to HitsDailyDouble.com, Clay's single is on track to sell 300K, Ruben's a respectable 250K. (Kelly's sold 230k in its first week) Billboard is also projecting Clay's single to be the #1 single of the week.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news04421m01

Meanwhile, no one is buying Justin Guarini's album. They released his album the same time as Clay and Ruben's singles--but I wonder if it backfired. His album debut'd at #20.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •