The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-18-08, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
Wow, boys and girls, if this week proves anything at all, it would be that if "<insert theme here> Week" goes well, it is NOT reason enough to repeat that theme the following week, even if its the Beatles.

What a boring, dreadful night. Last week was, in my opinion, great. This week was not. Only two or three performances stand out as memorable in my mind.

On to the rankings....

1 - David Cook - Day Tripper - this boy is on a roll, and i doubt it will stop any time soon. Again, it took a well known song, and put his own rock spin on it. He mixed it up w/ the voice box, and avoided being called 'the same old same old'.
2 - Chikezie - I've Just Seen A Face - Yes, i'm putting him on #2. He, also, is on sort of a two week roll. My wife actually agreed with me that he's shown the biggst improvement of all. He deserves this spot after last week and this week's performances. Unlike the judges, i thoroughly enjoyed his song this week.
3 - Carly - Blackbird - Personally, one of my most hated Beatles song (just below another one below), but at least she finally showed a softer side.
4 - Brooke - Here Comes The Sun - I think its her voice, along with teh passion, that i love so much. The passion wasn't as strong as last week, but i still - like Chikezie - loved her again this week. Unlike the judges....
5 - David A - Long And Winding Road - Not my favorite of his performances. No, Simon, it was not "masterclass". But a lot better than the following 6.
6 - Kristy - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away - I actually liked Kristy this week.
7 - Amanda - Back In The USSR - Terrible song choice, but her performance somewhat redeemed her.
8 - Jason - Michelle - Perhaps my most hated Beatles song. Blech.
9 - Ramiele - Should Have Known Better - Loads better than the last couple weeks, but i agree, somewhat corny.
10 - Michael - Day In The Life - He wins the award for 'Worst Song Selection Of The Night' and perhaps in a long time. 1.5 minutes? And you choos Day In The Life? And to top it off, you sing it horribly.
11 - Syesha - Yesterday - What were the judges seeing in this? Terrible, overdone, overemoting, yikes.

I think this week's boot could be the first "shocker" of the season. I think its up for grabs.

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... Iconoclastic 03-18-08 1
 RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... riverrocker 03-18-08 2
 Without Reading anything above... MTW1961 03-19-08 3
   RE: Without Reading anything above.... iltarion 03-19-08 4
 RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... echogirl 03-19-08 5
 RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... mrc 03-19-08 6
 RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... zombiebaby 03-19-08 7
   RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... geekboy 03-19-08 9
       RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... zombiebaby 03-19-08 10
 RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... Ahtumbreez 03-19-08 8
 RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... Glow 03-19-08 11
 RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... emydi 03-19-08 12
 RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... Zimbochick 03-19-08 13
 RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... nailbone 03-19-08 14
   RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... Glow 03-19-08 17
       RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... nailbone 03-19-08 24
   RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... CTgirl 03-19-08 22
 RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... aquariaqueen 03-19-08 15
 RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... CattyChat 03-19-08 16
 RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... mia rules18 03-19-08 18
 RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... cjhope117 03-19-08 19
 RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... theincrediblehugey 03-19-08 20
 Kristy's Shining Moment CattyChat 03-19-08 21
 RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... bullzeye 03-19-08 23
   RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... Zimbochick 03-19-08 25
 RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... samboohoo 03-19-08 26
 RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... SilverStar 03-19-08 27
   RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... JACSUZWIN 03-20-08 30
 RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... zazzy 03-19-08 28
 How long have we been watching Idol... cjhope117 03-19-08 29
 RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rank... Magnolia_Rocker 03-20-08 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-18-08, 10:06 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
1) David Cook – Not his best but at least it was good
2) Amanda Overmyer – Wasn’t all that impressed the first time around, but after all the crap that followed, she sounded pretty good in the recap
3) Carly Smithson – She’s Irish and she doesn’t have a visible hangover the day after St. Patrick’s Day? That doesn’t seem right somehow
4) Michael Johns – Typical under whelming performance but this week its good enough for the top third
5) Syesha Mercado – Hey, at least she lost the mushroom head hair-do
6) Easy-Cheese – Picks up a new instrument and a couple of days later is playing it on national TV. This week that’s actually good enough for middle of the pack
7) Brooke White – Song was not terrible, but that dress looked like the bottom of Big Birds cage
8) Jason Castro – Doesn’t know that “ma belle” is French? Kelly Pickler in dreds
9) David Archuleta – Ballad Boy strikes again. I don’t know if I can stomach 9 more weeks of this
10) Ramiele Malubay – This gets the pimp spot? Well, I guess they want her on the tour
11) Kristie Lee Cook – She sang that song like a middle-aged hooker unconvincingly moaning “Oh yes baby, you’re the best”. Time to go

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-18-08, 10:09 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-08 AT 10:10 PM (EST)

Would have to agree with Geekboy on all counts--except Carly. I'd change her ranking w/Brooke's.

Any way we can get rid of the bottom six this week????

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-19-08, 01:42 AM (EST)
3. "Without Reading anything above..."
God, I love The Beatles! I could listen to a whole season of nothing but their songs. Here are my thoughts on American Idol Sings The Beatles, week 2:

1. David (Long and Winding Road) - Wow! His was a beautiful, mature performance and absolutely a perfect song choice! He was light years ahead of everyone else tonight. It wasn't even close.

2. Saesha (Yesterday) - Very daring to take on a classic like Yesterday. She made it personal and sang it beautifully. I thought she looked great tonight too. To me, Saesha is a great example of how I feel about this season. I think there are six or seven of the top 11 who actually could win. Last week, she was terrible and I could have been content to see her go home, this week, she was brilliant.

3. Carly (Blackbird) - When she said she was singing Blackbird, I thought it was very daring, very risky because it's such a simple song, it could very easily come across as boring. She was amazing and really gave it life. I was very impressed and moved by her performance.

4. David (Daytripper) - Except for the voice box thing, I liked it a lot. He was a little over the top theatrical at the end for my tastes, but I liked the performance as a whole.

5. Chikezie (I've Just Seen a Face) - I thought he was great this week! Last week's performance was the most surprising Idol performance ever, IMO. After being consistently mediocre, he was amazing last week. I made family members come watch him. Tonight, I loved the different styles he sang all within a minute and a half and it may have been a little gimmicky, but it worked for me. I am actually starting to like Chikezie! I'll ignore the bizarre harmonica solo.

6. Amanda (Back in the USSR) - I thought it was a perfect song choice for her to stay within what she does best. Something seemed a little funky early on, probably the pitch and timing problems the judges mentioned but I'm not sophisticated enough to identify. However, I loved what she did with the song and it put a smile on my face right away.

7. Brooke (Here Comes the Sun) - I actually thought this was a good song choice for her, and I liked the way she used the lower range of her voice at the start. But I kept waiting for some interesting runs or an interesting interpretation of the melody and ended up being disappointed. She showed a really flirty side tonight onstage, I thought.

8. Jason (Michelle) - he sang okay, but this performance felt like a complete fraud to me. I like Jason, but I thought this was insulting. First, we get two minutes of how he just learned the French part, and then he's singing it to us, smirking, and expecting us to believe it? Do you even know what the words mean? It's supposed to be a serious song - a love song. Not buying it.

9. Kristy Lee (You've Got to Hide Your Love Away) - I thought she sang it straight, but beautifully. Sadly, she may be just a little too shy and quiet for this competition. Simon wants to see her personality and I think we are. It's just not very big. She's an easy discard for this week or next.

10. Ramiele (I Should Have Known Better) - Cute, sweet, boring. Just like Ramiele. She is another easy discard.

11. Michael (Day in the Life) - A pathetic train wreck. The song was way too long, so he had to butcher the song then compounded things by butchering the lyrics in the last verse. His take on it was completely uninspiring. Worst of the night by far.

It'll be interesting to see who ends up in the bottom three this week.

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-08, 03:53 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Without Reading anything above..."
Beatles are awesome. This week was over the top though. Not nearly as good as last week.

1. David Archuleta- Long Winding Road- I am not a fan of his, but I am such a huge fan of this song that I hoped he would give it a good performance. He did. Very good. It had his usual lack of conviction, but I'll overlook that this week.
2. Syesha - Yesterday - What a coincidence that the two top spots go to the two best songs. Messing with the melody of Rolling Stone Magazine's #1 song of all time is risky and ill-advised, but she sang it with such purity and passion that it worked wonderfully.
3. Ramiele - Should Have Known Better - She seemed nervous and started slow, but she thoroughly entertained me. She is the female version of Archuleta. She is cute and probably the best pure singer in the group, but she has no ability to emote. Good enough for 3rd this week though.
4. Michael Johns - Day in the Life- Yeah, the arrangement was schizophrenic, and he failed to reach one impossibly high note. But I was completely convinced and entertained. It had high and low moments, and the high ones were enough for 4th this week.
5. Carly- Blackbird - OMG, what a boring song. With all the amazing Beatles songs out there, she picks this? Great vocals, which is good enough for 5th, but bored the ell out of me.
6. David C- Day Tripper- Lame song that was almost improved by being rocked out. But does this guy have to rock out every single song? Simon was right on. Getting redundant.
7. Kristy Lee- Got to Hide Your Love- As usual, great vocals from Kristy, but the song arrangement shot her down again. It just didn't really work for me. She needed to come out firing tonight, and she didn't.
8. Amanda - Back in the USSR- What? WTF is a southern rock chick doing singing Back in the USSR??? Didn't get it. Any of it.
9. Chikezie- I've Just Seen a Face- What is this song? Never heard of it. Dude is very talented, but that was just weird.
10. Brooke- Here Comes the Sun- I like Brooke a lot. She is real. She is a pro. But she takes every song and removes the high and low notes from it, singing everything in the same tone (see David C). It was nice seeing her move around a little. She is a geek, but that is fine. Go with it.
11. Jason - Michelle- Again, not a great Beatles song, and dude was lost without his guitar. Piece of advice, brah, don't sing French on American TV. That won't get you votes.

>

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-19-08, 04:07 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
I love the Beatles and thought last week that many of the contestants actually did them justice. This week no one wowed me. Mostly mediocre to bad performances.....

1. David Cook - Day Tripper - He's been the most consistent performer this season. Other than the voicebox, I thought he had another solid performance. Not his best, but better than the rest tonight.

2. Amanda - Back In The USSR - Amanda doing what Amanda does best, just rocking out. She seems to be enjoying herself more. I don't think she is long for the show, but I never find her boring.

3. Syesha - Yesterday - Syesha needed a good week and I think she may have saved herself. I wasn't blown away but it was much better than last week and reminded me of why I liked her early on.

4. Chikezie - I've Just Seen A Face - Last week I thought he was brilliant. I think he tried to duplicate that success with this song, but it wasn't quite as effective. Gimmicky? Who knows, but I'm actually enjoying the different facets of his performances. He continues to prove that he's a more versatile performer than most.

5. Brooke - Here Comes The Sun - I didn't hate it (other than her woo) but I do think she left her comfort zone a bit. Still I like her voice.

.....drop......

6. David A. - Long And Winding Road - Masterclass? No. Adequate? Perhaps. However I still don't care for him. He's gonna make boring records!

7. Carly - Blackbird - She can sing. That said I did not like the arrangement, I thought it was overblown. Sometimes less is more, especially with a beatiful (and simple) song like Blackbird.

8. Kristy - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away - Much better than last week. That said I don't see much potential in her.

9. Jason - Michelle - This was just awkward. I still like Jason but he needs to step it up.

10. Ramiele - Should Have Known Better - Once again an underwhelming performance. How did she get the pimp spot?

11. Michael - Day In The Life - How badly do you want to get booted? You simply cannot condense "A Day in the Life" into two minutes. Plus your vocals were all over the place. When the show first started I thought you might be one of the contenders, but you've been mediocre to bad every week.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-19-08, 06:52 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
1. Carly Smithson
2. David Cook
3. Chikezie
4. Brooke White
5. Jason Castro
6. Michael Johns
7. David Archuleta
8. Amanda Overmyer
9. Syesha Mercado
10. Ramiele Malubay
11. Kristie Lee Cook

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-08, 07:19 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
1. David Cook-I did not like it as much as his prior stuff but it was good enough this week for #1.

2. Jason Csatro- He is now my favorite. He is exactly what AI needs in a winner.

3. Chickizie - I am starting to love this guy. He takes risks and he has not been boring the past 2 weeks.

4. Brooke White - It was awlward but she sold it for me.

5. Micheal Johns - It was not horrible but I feel he is holding back. Tough song to do and one of my favorite Beatle songs. Does not work as a solo.

6. KKKristy - yes I am suprised she is going this high. I liked her arrangement of another of my faves.

7. Amanda- It was aaaight. Not great. I don't care for the song to begin with.

8. Carly - ugggh. I think she sucks and is in danger of becoming more of a cliche. Upon reflection I think her performance was dull. It is a cliched song to begin with, cute melody but the words are trite.

9. David A. - He does not have "it".

10. Ramilie - I like her slower songs better. It shows the best voice left off more. She should have done Helter Skelter or She Came In Through The Bathroom Window.

11. Syesha- How can someone mess this up? She did.

Arkie's Art! He's real and he is looking for you!
"Bigfoot making the crop circles would expain a lot. Those size feet could tromp a lot over a night."~SurveySez

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-08, 07:30 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
Hey, Zombie -

One quick question. What did you find good in Jason's performance this week? I'm just honestly curious.

Thanks!

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-08, 07:33 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
It is more on my personal taste for him that ranked him so high. I did think his French sounded good for just learning it and like Simon said I do think he sold it with his face.

But I do agree he could have been more serious and it definately is a weak song. Jus tfor me the others were pretty bad.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-08, 07:26 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
1. David Cook – Put him in the number one spot because I like people that show some originality. He could have been on Rock Star.

2. Brooke White - Safe song for her, but I love her voice.

3. Jason Castro - He didn't do safe, it's hard to learn French and pull it off in a song in 1 week. Not my favorite song of his by far but good for him. Simon's right..his looks and personality make it work.

4. David Archuleta - He's got a good voice but I'd never pay money for anything of his.

5. Kristy Lee - I liked her this week. I think if she ever had a week the judges liked she loosen up and be alot better. *note If you can blow Simon's socks off then do it, thinks she may have waited to long to do any blowing

6. Carly Smithson - She's okay for me, but just okay.

7. Micheal Johns - Weird arrangement, but.....

8. Ramiele Mulabay - Can't help but like her a little.

9. Chikezie - Oh Brother is right, but just Oh Brother me once

10. Syesha - She bores me

11. Amanda - Same thing as last week and the week before and the week before that.....I don't get the Amanda love.

I would love to know what song list they had to choose from and how many choices were on it.

Jason wants to be my Everything

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-08, 08:23 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
1. David “Daytripper” – I guess he ended up here by default. I wouldn’t rank this as one of the best performances this season but I guess it was good enough to be the best of the night. If he wouldn’t have reminded me that he copied Whitesnake’s version, I probably wouldn’t have remembered they did one. And that voice thingy? *wince*
2. Chikezie “I've Just Seen a Face” – He is the big surprise for me this season. I thought it was wonderful.
3. Carly “Blackbird” – This was a moving performance. She picked a great song to show us she can sing a slower song without being boring.
4. Jason “Michelle” – love him.
5. Brooke “Here Comes the Sun” – I love her. I don’t expect her to ever be this far down on my “rankings” again. That “woo” in the middle really caught me off guard. Yikes.
6. Michael “Day in the Life” – It pains me to put him down here because I just love his voice and I am such a fan of his work and I am so tempted to be biased when ranking him. I find it difficult to fault him for song choice because he told us why he chose it and I was touched. I forgive him for being #6 this week and I don’t expect him to be down here again.
7. David “Long and Winding Road” – This was nice. I just can’t get over his breathing issue. There’s this soap opera actress who takes a deep breath after like every sentence (Natalia Livingston – General Hospital). It’s sooooooooo distracting. That’s what listening to him reminds me of. Makes me want to fast forward. I didn’t think I’d be so over him so soon.
8. Syesha “Yesterday” – Liked the arrangement and the sincerity a lot. Don’t like her voice at all.
9. Amanda “Back in the USSR” – I like her but this competition isn’t for her. I’d buy a $20 (or less) ticket to see her perform in a small club. I wouldn’t pay $60+ for a ticket to see her perform in front of thousands. Of course, there aren’t too many people that fall into that for me… none of these people, in fact… so ignore all that.
10. Ramiele “I Should Have Known Better” – She is adorable but she bores me.
11. Kristy Lee “You've Got to Hide Your Love Away” – This chick is horrible.

another JSlice masterpiece

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-08, 08:37 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
Did not read anyone's post yet

OMH that was just pitiful...I had a hard time ranking them so I based it more this week on my likes/dislikes

1. Amanda-yes you probably are saying WHAT? but this girl is Gold...I love her "Ballads are Boring"! she is so VFTW worthy I watched the show from 11-11:30 p.m. and voted for her the whole time

2. Jason C-that sucked dood but his corny is cute...and Jason use your guitar the rest of the way f the judges' opinion

3. David C-Ok he is getting boring..the voice box thing was cool tho and this song reminded me of my dad as the "fun drunk" he used to sing this song loud and other Beatles Songs (Paperback writer to name one) when he was drunk...the only problem was it was usually in the car...hey it was the 70s

4. Chikezie-I voted for him a few times too...it was a bit too much with harmonica but i loved the first part of the song. He's at least interesting

5. Ramiele-i got nuthing other than I don't hate her as much as the rest of them this week

6. David A--only because the others sucked so bad but he was getting so pimped he almost was lower

7. Brooke-I knew she would wear yellow too and that is not good as Paula slurred...this was her worst performance and she has to SHUT up with the "I Knows" after the criticism...it got old after the 15th time she did it in 30 seconds

8. Kristy-that actually was her best perf imo which is so pitiful...I bet you can blow off simon's socks how else...

9. Michael-Omh just stop you are so lame and you ruined a good song again

10. Syesha-glowie you are so right about Syesha...she is awful and that arrangement was awful...but like last week with Kristy...her boobs will keep her in competition

11. Carly--blackbird fly away you talentless plant...maybe you should take the hint...

Zimbochick 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-19-08, 09:43 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
WOWZER, that was a terrible night. I was so confused I went back and listened to the performances this morning without watching them, well my 5 year-old was watching and giving a commentary). That was an interesting exercise, some have much better voices than I'd thought, and some way worse.

1. Amanda (Back in the USSR) - I lurve Amanda. Her performances are getting better and better, she makes me smile when I watch her unlike most of the others. Listening to the song again this morning, her singing was actually better than I first thought.

2. Carly (Blackbird) - Beautiful performance. Maybe she should get botox, then she couldn't do the eyebrow thingy?

3. Michael (Day in the Life) - Ooh buddy, you are in real danger of an upset boot. That was bad. I love ya, but you've got to get it together.

4. David C (Daytripper) - It was good, but crank up the sound, add the flashing lights, and everyone looks better. More of the same. Cut your frikkin hair.

5. Asthma Boy (Long and Winding Road) - he does have a beautiful voice, so beautiful that I was in a coma at the end of the song. BORING! What is with the pimping, it's really bothering me.

DON'T CARE ABOUT THE REST:

6. Saesha (Yesterday) - Pretty. buh-bye!

7. Chikezie (I've Just Seen a Face) - Countrified Beatles from a black dude, wtf?

8. Brooke (Here Comes the Sun) - Barf! What a corny overdone performance. My 5 year-old loves her, nuff said. Maybe she should sing for kids. If you listen to her without watching her, she sings badly. Don't get the pimping.

9. Jason (Michelle) - He needs to go back and sing in college bars cause I'm really bored with him. He's cute, but a one-trick pony.

10. Ramiele (I Should Have Known Better) - Remind me again why she is still here?

11. Kristy Lee (You've Got to Hide Your Love Away) - PLEASE go hide yourself away in Oregon, don't let the door......

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-08, 09:46 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
1. David C. – Good, just like last week, but he needs to change things up a bit. He's done the same style two weeks, now go lighter.

2. Carly – such power and control. Beautiful.

3. Jason – probably not his best choice, but I like him. He'll get better.

4. Brooke – she's just so dang cute. She's got that same light, goofy style that Jason has.

5. Michael – I musta missed something, because parts of this song gave me chillbumps. I wouldn't have tried to mush down such a long song, but parts of it were great.

6. Chikezie – He's fun, but he shouldn't do country. As soon as I saw harmonica and dobro, I knew I wasn't gonna like it as much.

7. David – Meh. Yeah, he's technically a great singer, but he's too young for some of what he sings. It's just missing something for me.

8. Syesha – She looked beautiful and sounded just fine. She's not knocking my socks off, though.

9. Amanda – I am SO over her. Screaming and looking wild and freaked out is NOT rock. She's a MAJOR one-note performer, and I don't think she even does that one note particularly well. And NEVER sass Simon.

10. Ramiele – She is cute, but that's it. And I kept yelling "STOP WIGGLING" at her last night. That wasn't dancing. It was like her feet couldn't move, so she just wiggled everything else.

11. Kristy Lee – You can tell there's some talent bottled up in there, but she is WAY out of her league.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-08, 10:34 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
"5. Michael – I musta missed something, because parts of this song gave me chillbumps. I wouldn't have tried to mush down such a long song, but parts of it were great."

He is pretty great. He isn't winning this but I hope he sticks around for a long while.

"10. Ramiele – She is cute, but that's it. And I kept yelling "STOP WIGGLING" at her last night. That wasn't dancing. It was like her feet couldn't move, so she just wiggled everything else."

I noticed that too. Then I looked at her shoes. Her feet couldn't move. I think she was afraid she'd fall down... or her feet were killing.

Love the siggy, btw.

another JSlice masterpiece

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-08, 01:19 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
Then I looked at her shoes. Her feet couldn't move.

That's what DW observed as well.

Love the siggy, btw.

Thanks. It's an original by the incomparable Agman.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-08, 11:57 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
I agreed with everything you say.

I do worry about Jason though, he hasn't stretched that much.

IMO, David A. is just too young to be singing about a long and winding road. What does he know about life?!

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-19-08, 09:52 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
"Just keepin' it real..." I wasn't wowwed by anyone, really.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" - Albert Einstein

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-19-08, 10:29 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
Back-2-Back Beatles not a good idea, especially for the ones with great performances last week. As Brooke said, disappointment was inevitable.

1. Carly “Blackbird” – Loved it! Carly grows on me more each week. She has an amazing range and powerful vocals without screaming. I feel bad that she is getting the brunt of the "already had her chance" media smear. She is really talented.

2. David “Long and Winding Road” – Glad he came back after a disastrous week. He is so adorable, I just have to like the kid. His vocals are amazing. His breathing thing wasn't as noticeable last night. He just needs to get his technique down, so that he pulls the mic away when he draws in his breath and he'll be fine. Hearing the rumors of his allegedly overbearing father pains me. Knowing his vocal cord paralysis in the past makes me wonder if his father has been just pushing the poor kid past his physical limits. I'd hate to see a boy with such a wonderful gift have it ruined.

3. David “Daytripper” – Can't deny that was great. He needs to change it up. As with Amanda, I can only take him in small doses.

4. Brooke “Here Comes the Sun” – I love her and this was just okay. I'm glad she intends to go back to what she does best -- singing along with playing guitar/piano. Don't fix what's not broken, honey.

5. Michael “Day in the Life” – I didn't think it was as bad as the judges thought. That was a tough song to cram into a minute 30 seconds. I give him props for attempting it. I want to download the entire song performed by him. I'm sure that it is worth it.

6. Jason “Michelle” – I just love him. Jason & Brooke are in the same boat -- they need to quit listening to the judges telling them to leave their instruments behind and just do what they do best. What I love about Jason & Brooke is their musicality. They are more than "just singers," they are artists and they emote so much with their performances that I am drawn right in.

7. Ramiele “I Should Have Known Better” – Sweet girl with a really good voice. She is just out of her league this season. She needs more experience.

8. Chikezie “I've Just Seen a Face” – I don't know what Chickeze was thinking with that bluegrass arrangement. I love his personality & enthusiasm and he comes out and surprises me every couple of weeks with a great performance, but I just don't get him. What is his style? He's all over the place right now. He needs to find himself and come out and wow me.

9. Amanda “Back in the USSR” – I'd enjoy her in a bar or as the opening act to someone else. I can only take so much of her sound and style.

10. Syesha “Yesterday” – I am just not a fan. I was waiting and hoping for a Simon comment about it being "Indulgent," but it never came. She just rubs me the wrong way. I don't know.

11. Kristy Lee “You've Got to Hide Your Love Away” – I'm not country fan and she has no personality. Pickler I loved enough to break down and buy a country CD. Kristy doesn't make me want to do anything but change the channel.

Top O' The Mornin' To Ya!

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-19-08, 11:07 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
I think Simon was right, they were pushing their luck with two Beatles weeks in a row...last week was great, this week was so blah...only one performance that I really enjoyed, nothing was terrible, but it was overall blah!

LOVED IT

David A-yes, it was a ballad, but man it was a good ballad...he was the only one that really made me sit up and notice last night

LIKED IT

David Cook - second best performance of the night for me...it was fun

Michael Johns - I thought it was a bit better than the judges gave him credit for, but yeah, probably not the best song to cram into a minute and a half. Please wow me next week.

Jason Castro - his vocals were smooth, I thought he picked the right song for him...will add to his goofy hearthrob rep
Ramiele- not worthy of the pimp spot, but hey it was cute.

NO THANKS

Amanda - sounded a little shaky at the start, pulled it off okay but maybe I just didn't like the song.

Carly - this song has been covered so many times, I think I've just heard one too many covers that were better than hers last night.

Brooke - still love her, just did not like anything about that awkward performance.

Chickeze - all over the place again, just didn't like it.

Syesha - Disagree with the judges, it was boring and over the top at times, like she was going to bust out into tears.

Kristy - Not terrible, but not great either...it's got to be her time to go...right?!

cjhope117 584 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-19-08, 11:16 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
Ok, was not overly impressed last night...probablly not the best idea to do the Beatles two weeks in a row.

1. Carly--OH MY GOSH! That was just amazing. Her voice is truely fantastic!

2. David C.--Only reason he is not #1 is because of the voice box thingy...ew! Other than that minor glitch, he did great!

3. Syesha--It shocks me to put her here but she did really good last night, especially compared to everyone else.

BIG GAP

4. Brooke--I was not thrilled, only reason she ranked so high is because everyone else was so bad.

5. Chikezie--I am very confused by that performance last night, it was very weird. Again, only reason he is so high is because of how bad the rest were.

6. Ramiele--she had a great voice but something is just not clicking for her, ehh.

7. Jason--he is freaking adorable but was not thrilled with his performance last night, ehh, again.

8. Michael--so cute but so bad last night. ick!

9. David A.--I just don't get this kid. He has a great voice but I did not like at all.

10. Amanda--I really, really don't like her. The only reason she is not last is because...

11. Kristy--ICK!! EWWW!! Time to go home.

Seriously, I hope next week is better!

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-19-08, 11:17 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
1. David A. - best vocal technique and interpretation of lyrics. I'm not as skeptical about him as some. If he seems like a nice guy, he probably is. He's never done anything to make me think otherwise. Poor boy had strep throat last week and never mentioned it.
2. Carly - absolutely lovely lower register, hope to hear more of that.
3. Brook - She is one of my favs, even when its not her best night. You can rain on her parade, if you want, but her vocal was strong, and I enjoyed seeing her bright sunny personality shining through.
4. David C. - the vocoder added an element of surprise, not necessarily effective for the overall product but it was cool that he tried it. It was a competent performance.
5. Jason - also one of my overall favorites. He sang the song I was hoping he would sing, but he had a hard time taking it seriously. I hope the whole "I sang a bad note and nobody cared" thing hasn't gone to his head.
6. Syesha - beautiful, heartfelt performance, although it exposed the weakness of her voice, compared to others.
7. Amanda - Great performer. I liked her "fun chick" comment, and that she stays true to herself. I just wouldn't be one of those people at the bar in Lafayette. It's not my thing.
8. Chikezie - disappointing. Should have sung "O Darling."
9. Michael - disappointing.
10. Ramiele - disappointing.
11. Kristy - disappointing.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-19-08, 11:38 AM (EST)
21. "Kristy's Shining Moment"
Oh my gosh, how could I forget the only thing memorable about Kristy Lee Cook's performance?

After the judge's critique when Kristy stated to Simon: "You KNOW I can blow you out of your socks!"

I couldn't help myself, but to laugh until tears were rolling down my face. Thanks for making me laugh last night, Kristy. You may go home now.

Dirty thoughts were swirling in my head last night. Bad, Catty, very bad.

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-08, 12:23 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
Well, add me to the chorus of not liking a repeat theme night. Some of the contestants struggled once with the Beatles. Tough to hit them with another dose.

Top Tier

1. David Cook “Daytripper” – To me, this guy is becoming the most consistent of all the contestants. That was his third good performance in three weeks - I would challenge anyone to claim another contestant has done the same. Plus, I like his style.

2. Carly “Blackbird” – This had "potential for distaster" written all over it and yet IMHO she knocked it out of the park. I don't give a crap about any of the baggage that has been following her around - I genuinely believe she has one of the best Idol voices ever.

3. Amanda “Back in the USSR” – Once again, a performance to enjoy. Play it safe? Screw that. I love her attitude and don't care if she is a one trick pony. It's a pony I would ride again and again. (what?)

4. David A “Long and Winding Road” – I'm not a huge fan of his by any means, in fact he kind of bugs me. But to come out and do what he did after the fiasco that was last week took a lot of character. He really is a talented kid.

Middle of the Road

5. Syesha “Yesterday” – As boring as I found it I must give credit to her amazing voice and stellar performance, especially after being on the cusp last week.

6. Chikezie “I've Just Seen a Face” – This one was a bit of a roller coaster for me. When he started I was thinking - "too bad, he's playing it safe." By the end of it I was wondering if he took too big a chance on it. Overall, not as good as last week, but certainly better than some of the others.

7. Jason “Michelle” – I didn't mind that rendition at all especially when compared to some of the others. He keeps growing on me though I doubt he will go too far.

8. Kristy Lee “You've Got to Hide Your Love Away” - I don't think she would have gotten bagged on as badly if she had sung this last week instead of that monstrocity she performed. I also give her props for continuing to hold it together after three weeks of the harshest critisism that any contestant has been subjected to. Plus, I think she is kind of cute.

Bottom Tier

9. Michael “Day in the Life” – Dude, you were one of my early favorites with that rendition of "Light My Fire". Then you butcher Fleetwood Mac, Simple Minds and now the Beatles. I had such high expectations but no more will I expect anything of interest from you. So disappointed.

10. Ramiele “I Should Have Known Better” – Another of my early favorites that cannot seem to live up to her potential. Shame as I think she has a killer voice.

11. Brooke “Here Comes the Sun” - I actually hated this more than I hated Kristy's performance of "Eight Days" last week. I think it is because (unlike Kristy), she has real talent and she instead of showcasing it, she dumps that pap on us. Was she auditioning for "Sharon, Lois and Bram" last night? That was inexcusable.

Overall, not a great night for AI.

An Agman!

Zimbochick 35 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-08, 02:05 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
"Was she auditioning for "Sharon, Lois and Bram" last night? That was inexcusable."

Or the Wiggles, or Little House on the Prairie. I agree, I don't buy the whole sweetness and light thing either. She should stick to working with kids cause she sure doesn't entertain me!

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-08, 02:38 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
1. Chikezie. I loved it. I even liked the harmonica. Cod help me, but I agreed with Paula on this one.

2. Carly.

3 - 10: Everyone else but Kristy.

11. Kristy. Horrible. The only part that sounded good was the "hey." That was it. She tried IMO to do too much with it after the train wreck from last week, and it sucked. Horribly. Go home. She reminds me of that Hailey girl.

Also, David Cook scares me. I'm not sure about his performance because looking at him just really creeped me out.

Tribe is pushing up my daisies!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-08, 03:39 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
Man, this season is so bad. There are only 2 contestants that I even remotely care about. Once they are voted off I will probably quit watching.

1. David Cook-- 1 of the people I care about. I love his style and that he's not afraid to change things up.

2. Chikezie-- Last week was such a pleasant surprise from him that I did not mind seeing the same type of thing again. But the harmonica was HORRIBLE.

-gap-

3. Carly-- I wish she would tone down the screaming a bit, but she's ok.

4. David Archuleta-- He annoys me to no end, but this was good compared to the other crap last night.

5. Syesha-- see Carly, and tone down the screaming a LOT.

6. Jason-- only ranked this high because he is the other contestant that I love, but this was bad. Awkward and uncomfortable and bad vocals. I wish he would sing with more power sometimes.

7. Michael-- Step.it.up. you are boring.

8. Brooke-- I don't know what it is, but I cannot stand her. I don't think she can sing very well either. And that performance was so awkwardly bad!

9. Kristy-- Someone please help this girl with her song choices. She can sing, but there's just something off with her.

10. Ramiele-- see Kristy. I like Ramiele better overall though.

11. Amanda-- If she would've agreed to sing a ballad next week, I would love to see her stick around (because I'm sure that would be hilarious!) But since she won't, goodbye.

A Tribe work of art

JACSUZWIN 35 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-08, 09:31 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
Looking at everyone's ranking just goes to show how subjective taste is. We have ranked the contestants in just about every spot.

I listen to the contestants, I form an opinion (amature I admit), then the judges speak. I sit and wonder...was I listening to the same performance? Once in a while, the judges agree with my opinion. Do the contestants sound totally different on TV?

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-19-08, 03:51 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-08 AT 04:04 PM (EST)

I feel like I was dragged through the Beatles this week as opposed to being transported by them last week. ITA now with those who said they should have waited to repeat the theme. This week’s crapfest casts a negative backwards halo on last week, like it was a mirage. They really don’t get the Beatles for the most part, huh?

Amanda--screamy singing. I didn’t know till later that it was one of the better performances of the night. Liked her putting it on the line with the judges. Most honest comments ever on AI--even if she only sells out a bar in Lafayette! She is one smart girl and has her expectations in line--she probably realizes she won’t win but can get a big leg up from being on the show. 6/10 until she spoke up about having a minute and a half--that put her at 7/10 for me.

Kristy--5/10. Pitchy with country twang Beatles = not my thing. Didn’t know until later that the evening wasn’t going to get much better.

David A--made me want to cry and not in a good way. LAWR is one of my favorite Beatles songs and he just mushed it all up. Blech. Make him stop, please. I don’t get him. There have been much better “David” type singers on AI in the past. I agree with whoever said the Claymates are probably voting for him. Spare us. 5.5/10. He just does not have the emotion that goes with that song. I am thinking about fast forwarding through his stuff next week.

Michael. Sigh. 2 or 3 lines of the song were off. That spoiled the song for many. I loved the other parts and am looking forward to the studio recording which I think will be awesome. Michael, please pick something easy and just dazzle the coaches. AI can give you more exposure but you need to outlast the so-so people in the season for Pete’s sake! Michael doesn’t get credit for the difficulty of the song this week or last week. 7.5/10, my fav of the evening despite its flaws. And the judges are too harsh on him. They have lost his number.

Brooke--just didn’t like it. It was dippy. Halo effect from last week and attitude with judges will carry her along. She certainly plays the personality card well. 4/10 except for the attitude gets her to 5/10. Hah. Tied with Kristy.

David C. One of the better ones but starting to be derivative/poser type, just after last week I thought he was good enough to win the show just like Simon said. I agreed with Simon on this one--he looked smug. 7/10 though.

Carly. Sings well, best voice of the night along with Michael but no goosebumps like Kelly Clarkson. No connection. Technically good. 7/10. And I think the top she choose to wear = she is pregnant, like I wrote in the individual thread this weekend.

Jason. Looked goofy again in the pre-singing part. 6/10 singing; his confidence and naturalness are his assets.

Syesha. Another song I love, sorta ruined but at least I could stand it unlike David A’s. I don’t think she really gets the melancholy of the song. It called for her to spellbind us but she did not. I don’t like that she tried to diva it a bit--just when she was showing a different side. 6/10.

Chikeze. Half was good and half was not. 5.5/10

Ramiele. Kareoke and disappointing ending for the evening. 5/10.

Most entertaining: Carly, Michael, David C
Parts were good: Chikeze, Jason
Please improve: Syesha, David, Amanda, Brooke
Bottom of the barrel: Ramiele, Kristy

cjhope117 584 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-19-08, 06:38 PM (EST)
29. "How long have we been watching Idol..."
Geekboy, you called last night dreadful, how Simon of you. I think we have definately been watching this show too long!

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-20-08, 10:50 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Top 11 Week - Beatles II - Rankings/Thoughts"
Ugh, and eww, and yuck!!! Not even gonna bother to rank except to say that the whole night was rank. I'd be happy if they would just declare the final four of Carly, David C., Brook and Jason and send all the others packing. They are really killing this season for me with the freaking horrible themes. Mariah Carey???? Someone pass me a bag please. /sigh

My future Rockers! Twins Blog

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •