The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Master Class Lady --reviews of the performers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-11-08, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Master Class Lady --reviews of the performers"
Every week in the top 12 Master Class Lady provides a professional review of the AI performers. She has a couple of warm up comments this week:

http://tinyurl.com/yvxvk4

http://tinyurl.com/26qu7g

Looking forward to this week's review of the top 12, Beatles night, and the new stage that AI has created!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Master Class Lady --reviews of ... zazzy 03-14-08 1
 Top 11 Reviews zazzy 03-20-08 2
 RE: Master Class Lady --reviews of ... zazzy 03-26-08 3
 RE: Master Class Lady --reviews of ... zazzy 04-04-08 4
 RE: Master Class Lady --reviews of ... zazzy 04-05-08 5
 RE: Master Class Lady --reviews of ... zazzy 04-15-08 6
 Top 7 reviews zazzy 04-26-08 7
 RE: Master Class Lady --reviews of ... zazzy 05-05-08 8
 RE: Master Class Lady --reviews of ... zazzy 05-10-08 9
   RE: Master Class Lady --reviews of ... DoodleBug 05-12-08 10
 RE: Master Class Lady --reviews of ... zazzy 05-20-08 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

03-14-08, 07:49 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Master Class Lady --reviews of the performers"
The top 12 brings only one boot a week and...Master Class Lady reviews!

http://tinyurl.com/32jqpc

Here's what she had to say about David C:

---------------

DAVID COOK: ELEANOR RIGBY

Strengths: David C. –well, the lights started flashing, so I knew that David Cook was in the house.

I absolutely had goose bumps throughout this song. From the quiet intensity at the beginning, to the soaring vocal energy when you entered the chorus of this song, it was an absolutely inspiring, star-making performance. You were “cook”ing, David.

The dynamic contrast provided such an element of surprise and this is why your song was such a success. You provided us with a real, genuine multi-dimensional interpretation of this great song classic and, in doing so, the song came alive. It lived and breathed.

Your superb raw rock vocals enhanced and complimented the emotional core of this song, but, still you maintained a solid technical approach. Your circular mouth formation, relaxed jaw and open facial features were impeccable and it also highlighted the confidence and determination in your face and body.

I have a feeling that you just created another live recording to compliment last week’s performance of Lionel Ritchie’s “Hello”.

Excellent, stellar work David C! Bravo!

Critique: David C. – this performance was brilliant and, apart from reminding you to keep on utilizing your rock-infused vocals in harmony with a consistently technical approach, I could not find any problem with your inspiring performance!

This is as good as it gets on this show – supreme artistry in combination with stellar vocals. Bravo.

----------------

And Michael J:

----------------

MICHAEL JOHNS: ACROSS THE UNIVERSE

Strengths: Michael- it seems to me that you are a very sensitive and caring vocal artist. I absolutely loved everything about this performance. You sang this beautiful number with a quiet dignity and with sincerity; no flashing lights or fancy stage moves – just a lovely and heartfelt performance.Your superior vocal talent effortlessly embraced the haunting melodic line of this song and highlighted the superior technical and artistic skills that your bring to this competition.

Vocally, you used all the correct technical skills to augment and center your voice –cementing your melodic line on the pure vowels and avoiding those messy diphthongs, maintaining a circular mouth formation and relaxed jaw and, finally, accessing the depth of your diaphragmatic breathing skills.

Additionally, you exuded a fabulous presence on stage and this, coupled with your naturally gorgeous vocal instrument, resulted in a very memorable and inspiring performance. Your vocal style, although comfortable in many genres of music, is clearly at ease when singing the classical pop genre and, given that the Lennon-McCartney music has been revered by classical musicians around the world, then you are very well suited to this style of music.

This was a superior vocal performance. Congratulations!

Critique: Michael – no critique for you. When it works, it works! Maybe a couple of the judges were bored, but I certainly was not. Your vocal gift was magnified through this song and I can only anticipate the wonderful surprises you have in store for us in the coming weeks.

Kudos and bravo!

-----------------

As for the rest of the top 12: too long to copy over to here... but, for some, you know who is not a technically trained singer when the "critique" section is much, much longer than the "strengths" section.

03-20-08, 10:58 PM (EST)
2. "Top 11 Reviews"
This week's Vocal Masterclass reviews:

http://tinyurl.com/2e9ns3

Thank you Master Class Lady! Good to know that someone is talking about the level of difficulty of the songs this week.

BTW, MCL agreed with Simon about David A's performance. Hmmm. I don't feel the goosebumps she mentions. Perhaps AI's pimpage is getting in my way?

03-26-08, 02:39 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Master Class Lady --reviews of the performers"
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-08 AT 02:53 PM (EST)

Master Class Lady is on spring break vaca this week ...so no reviews. What a shame, because I would rather read her reviews of this week than of Dolly P week.

Here are some pf the comments she posted on last night, though, interesting comments about Jason C:

"Who is leaving us tonight? I think we may have a shocker on our hands. Between the negative commmentary from the judges and the less than adequate performance last evening, does this mean that Jason’s time on Idol is approaching the final phase?

All of the other singers have showed tremendous growth and promise in the last few weeks but Jason has remained artistically and vocally stagnant. He has a very relaxed and intimate vibe to his singing style that would work extremely well in a smaller environment - a nightclub or coffee house. However, on the Idol stage, it really does not translate in a monumental way to the live and viewing audience.

Also, Brooke White had some problems last evening. Even if she didn’t encounter the false start during the opening of her song, she didn’t establish an emotional connection and, additionally, the song choice was less than inspired. It did not suit her style."

For more and her readers' comments:

http://tinyurl.com/279f8m

04-04-08, 12:29 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Master Class Lady --reviews of the performers"
Master Class Lady reports there is a delay in posting her critique...but here is part of what she said right after the show:

"I did watch the show and thought that it was just 50/50 for me in terms of the performances. Either the singers performed immensely well or they just “sleep sang” their way through Dolly Parton’s music.

It was not the most enjoyable show from this season’s American Idol series, but there were definite standout performances.

And the judges are really starting to show their personal preferences, aren’t they? That’s all fine and well, but to call a superb performance subpar seems a wee bit subjective and “eye rolling”ridiculous."

04-05-08, 01:24 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Master Class Lady --reviews of the performers"
Master Class Lady is back!

http://masterclasslady.com/2008/04/04/american-idol-season-7-top-9-vocal-masterclass-country-music-with-dolly-parton/

04-15-08, 05:28 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Master Class Lady --reviews of the performers"

http://masterclasslady.com/

Master Class Lady says what I feel about Michael's ouster:

"I wish the judges would judge the singers on their singing ability and stop analyzing whether or not the song is appropriate for the theme. If this had been the case two days ago, Michael Johns would have been been performing on stage next week.

I am personally disgusted that one of the most promising and humble singers ever to grace the Idol stage has been prematurely eliminated. To think that he will not have the golden opportunity to work with Andrew Lloyd Webber is a travesty.

I suppose we can only imagine what the future holds for the remaining 7 singers but, after tonight’s shocker, anything is possible. No one is safe.

Feel free to discuss Michael John’s elimination when you come out of your shock-induced stupor."

Here's her top 8 reviews:

http://tinyurl.com/6k2afb

and she lauded Michael's falsetto on "Dream On":

"The 8ve jump when you said the words “dream on” was quite a surprise and you secured your falsetto range with clear, transparent head tone. It was beautifully pitch-centred and pure –you seem to enjoy this area of your range very much. It is almost becoming a signature element in your performances. "

She says more but you get the idea!

Just click on the link to read what else she had to say about him and the others.

04-26-08, 11:22 AM (EST)
7. "Top 7 reviews"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-08 AT 11:23 AM (EST)

Here's last week's reviews of the inspirational songs week.

http://masterclasslady.com/2008/04/17/american-idol-season-7-top-7-vocal-masterclass-the-music-of-mariah-carey/

David Cook's section is an especially nice read.

Just part of the strength's section:

"Strengths: David C. –as I listened to and watch you deliver another distinctively stellar performance, I came to a sudden realization: You always manage to harness the emotional center of a song and then musically expand from this center to find exciting new dynamic levels in the song’s basic harmonic and melodic structure.

You took this Mariah Carey song and artistically shaped the original musical sculpture, creating a 21st century replication of the original model. This requires intelligence, creativity and, most of all, courage, because an artist is at definite risk when he takes on the challenge of arranging an original song by an extremely famous artist like Mariah. "

Here's what she said in the critique section--the only one to get this accolade this week:

"Critique: David C. – I am pleased and proud to grant you a critique-free Vocal Masterclass evaluation. I thought the artistry far surpassed any vocal flaws that were evident in this week’s performance.

I felt very comfortable knowing that you were vocalizing with a more disciplined and accurate technical approach. However, watch that fatigue does not impede the energy necessary for powerful and consistent support from the diaphragmatic breathing muscles.

Warm-up your entire body before you sing. Sit-ups to strengthen the abdominal muscles are extremely beneficial, as is some kind of aerobic activity, such as running, power walking, cycling or swimming (the absolute best)

I do look forward to your performance from Andrew Lloyd Webber’s songbook. There is a plentiful supply of musical goodies from which to choose, so enjoy the ride and see you next week.

In closing, I have to say that I was deeply and enormously touched by the poignant vision of your courageous and loving brother in the audience. What a special memory for the entire Cook family. Please know that my thoughts and my prayers go with you at this very difficult time. "

05-05-08, 07:52 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Master Class Lady --reviews of the performers"
Master Class Lady has had the flu, so no review of last week's performance.

There is a discussion thread on the top 5, and she has started a discussion on the top 4 as well. For those, and to see the top 4 pic, click here: http://masterclasslady.com/

Notice anything about the top 4 picture? Wonder who they want to win now?

05-10-08, 11:13 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Master Class Lady --reviews of the performers"
Here's MCL's review of the top 4:

http://tinyurl.com/4yjml5

She liked David A's performances...so I stopped reading for now and will read the rest later. I still just don't get David A.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-08, 08:59 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Master Class Lady --reviews of the performers"
Thanks for posting these. Very interesting!

05-20-08, 06:55 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Master Class Lady --reviews of the performers"
Final three review and critique:

http://masterclasslady.com/2008/05/16/american-idol-season-7-top-3-vocal-masterclass-the-road-to-the-finale/

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •