The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"American Idol Love List: Final Eight"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-05-07, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"American Idol Love List: Final Eight"
I know this is late, and if the mods don't like it, feel free to lock...but this works well on the other major shows forums and I'm kind of surprised there's not one here.

Most of you know the deal, but basically you list your favorite artists from 1 to x, with x contestants remaining. There is no specific reasoning behind your picks. They can be most strategic (well, on Survivor they can), best voice, most entertaining, most attractive, or simply your favorite for an inexplicable reason. I figure we have a lot of discussion on live threads about performances, so why not have a Love List too.

And why not, I'll start off with my list, a little unorthodox. Most of mine is based on who I look forward to seeing on a week-to-week basis and most entertaining, moreso than best voice. I buy albums if I enjoy a person's voice, I watch a show to be entertained.

1. Sanjaya Malakar - "Cheek to Cheek"
Sanjaya is my #1 this week mostly because he is the one person this season who consistantly entertains. He is, whether truly or not, exuding confidence and having fun. You can tell he is performing his favorite songs on stage and he is letting it all hang out, basically living out the dream for any performer. He is horribly outmatched on the songs, but he is just very entertaining. Plus, pissing off the enthusiastic fans and the establishment? Always fun. Not my favorite of his (I enjoyed Bathwater and his Kinks rendition), but he danced with Paula in a Scarface type of look.

2. Jordin Sparks - "On A Clear Day"
Not my favorite song of hers by any means (That would be "I Who Have Nothing", which is my favorite performance of the season overall, stunning), but she is my favorite real contestant on this show. She has a strong voice that is not total diva and not totally played out. I love how she performs young songs and she does the older songs really well as well. She did a nice job this week, and I love how she consistantly jabs at Ryan's height.

3. Blake Lewis - "Mack The Knife"
I really didn't like Blake Lewis. I thought his singing was too weak to do any damage during auditions and that he was your typical beatboxing audition. Well, I was wrong. No, I still think his voice is weak, but he is the best of the men remaining (Phil's too creepy, sorry Phil) and he is able to perform a nice range of music well. I like the guy now.

4. Melinda Doolittle - "I Got Rhythm"
Honestly, I don't care much about her. Yes, she is (by far) the best technical singer in this competition. She has amazing skills. However, she is staying in a specific wheelhouse of music (which annoys me) and her personality of being humble all the time (I know, it's the way she is) can be annoying since, by now, she has to know she's that good. I want to see her jump out of the box on Latin Week.

5. Haley Scarnato - "Ain't Misbehavin'"
I like her more with less clothes on. It's my teenage male side. Still, she does the poppy/upbeat songs well enough to be on the show, and she is horribly overmatched, but I do see why people vote for her.

6. Phil Stacey - "Night and Day"
Phil deserves more credit than he gets. I honestly do think he is an underrated performer now and he has the strongest voice of the men now that Chris Sligh is gone. When he finds his wheelhouse, such as his performance during "No Doubt" week, he is a top-tier performer. But his look and his inconsistency (compare his past two weeks to "Tobacco Road", yeah) drop him down.

7. Lakisha Jones - "Stormy Weather"
At this point...who cares. We've all been shown that she seems to be a one trick pony and she's no more than Mandisa v.2 to me. I actually went out of the room to talk with some friends rather than listen to Lakisha. On the voice alone, she's a very good competitior, but why should I care?

8. Chris Richardson - "Don't Get Around Much Anymore"
To give Glow's muse credit, he was a lot less nasally this week, but that doesn't make up for Karaoke Theatre in the first three weeks and his horrid performance of "Don't Speak". He's not in danger, but he isn't my cup of tea at all.

xx. Gina Glocksen - "Smile"

Probably would have been in the Lakisha/Chris area. She didn't do a lot for me. Her T10 performance was very good, but her inappropriate clothing choices (either for the song, or for her, that results show garb was fugly) annoyed me and she literally screamed her rock songs.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: American Idol Love List: Final ... priestdi 04-06-07 1
   RE: American Idol Love List: Final ... priestdi 04-06-07 2
 RE: American Idol Love List: Final ... Glow 04-10-07 3
   RE: American Idol Love List: Final ... zazzy 04-10-07 4
   RE: American Idol Love List: Final ... YankeeDixieDoodle 04-11-07 10
 RE: American Idol Love List: Final ... emydi 04-10-07 5
   RE: American Idol Love List: Final ... zazzy 04-10-07 6
       RE: American Idol Love List: Final ... priestdi 04-10-07 8
   RE: American Idol Love List: Final ... Glow 04-11-07 9
 RE: American Idol Love List: Final ... Iconoclastic 04-10-07 7
 RE: American Idol Love List: Final ... potatochyp 04-11-07 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-06-07, 02:24 PM (EST)
1. "RE: American Idol Love List: Final Eight"
oooooh I like this, I'll play!

I'm at work, so I'll keep it simple.

1. Sanjaya, for all the reasons you've stated

2. Blake, because I like the way he moves on stage. he's real. moving to his own inner orchestra.

3. Melinda. Love her.

4. Jordin. very good but not especially entertaining.

5. Haley, because all the hate gets so old. she's more in tune that a lot of them.

6. Chris, even though this week was his best for me.

7. Phil, even though this week was his best for me.

8. LaKisha. Just because.

04-06-07, 02:27 PM (EST)
2. "RE: American Idol Love List: Final Eight"
ah, gina too?

She'd be at #4. Mostly because she was something different, even though (as has been repeatedly said) she wasn't quite a rocker.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-10-07, 08:45 AM (EST)
3. "RE: American Idol Love List: Final Eight"
I'm not sure I'll even be able to do one of these lists but I'll give it a shot.

1. Blake – I think he’s talented and different. He has a lot to offer.
2. Chris – I think he’s cute. Seriously. He is true to himself and you can always tell it’s him. Never sounds like he’s imitating the original singers. I will never understand the “karaoke” comments.
3. Sanjaya – I think he’s moldable and trainable and has tons of potential. Sunshine and cookies. He is entertaining. No doubt about that.

(the rest are tough because I don't care)

4. Melinda – meh. Boring. I’ll just ditto your comments.
5. Phil – dude has a nice voice but needs a makeover. I wouldn’t be surprised if he turns out to be the “dark horse” of this competition. Thinking back, I do remember not wanting him to be eliminated the past couple weeks because I thought he was near the top in my rankings. Maybe I'd put him in the 4th spot. *shrug*
6. Jordin – I get where people like her. I’m just not one of those people.
7. Lakisha – Same comments as yours here too.
8. Haley – I can see how some people might be blind to the fact that she is awful… girl does have nice legs. yeah yeah. I'm sure there are people among us who are saying the same thing about me and my Chris ranking but I do really and truly like his style and he is.so.cute.

If Gina was still there, I’d put her under Sanjaya. I loved her “I’ll Stand By You” and her “Smile”. Or maybe I’m just a sucker for a pierced tongue.

Who would I like to see win? Anybody who can make me want to buy a CD. *looks at Top Eight* Yeah. I don’t care who wins. Though chances are good that I’d buy a Blake CD… Course I said that last year about Taylor. I did buy Daughtry's and I will be buying Buckylove's.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-07, 11:11 AM (EST)
4. "RE: American Idol Love List: Final Eight"
I'm kind of like Glow. I am not feeling the love like last year. I am not ranking them except for the top two:

Blake is tops for me--he is a breath of fresh air. I hope he builds enough of a fan base from this experience to make it in the post idol world. I read an article that said he has never watched the show, so I wonder if he is savvy enough as it grinds on--I don't want him to go earlier than he should due to Sanj.

Melinda--no denying her talent. I enjoy heraing her sing. Like many, though, I am tired of the aw shucks bit and want to see her grow in confidence. She will do well in the post idol world, and there is plenty of room for her as Gladys K and Aretha are in the later stages of their careers.

------------

I don't recall enjoying Chris R yet--he is not memorable for me and I do not get the looks thing with him, either. Maybe if he grew out his hair a bit and completely stops the nasal singing.

Haley is ok, but in other seasons we have had so much better.

Phil--see Haley

Jordin--yes I like her but I do not like the superpimping she is getting. I want them to share more of it with Blake. ;) (Will he ever get the pimp spot?). I like her better than Paris and I don't think Jordin will suddenly channel Beyonce for us or anything; I expect to see her in the top 4 if TPTB have anything to do with it. She is set for a repeat pimp spot in the next 2-3 of weeks or so.

Sanj--entertaining, yes, but I do not think he can deliver the goods as well as others, and the bar is already lower this year than last year. I would rather have a Pickler than a Sanj.

Lakisha--I appreciate her talent but many weeks she has been in a turtle shell of sorts. It's like someone told her that she is not as good as Melinda or something. She seems defensive most weeks and checked out during the results shows. If she engages the audience more--performs instead of sings--I could get more interested in her. Otherwise her attitude is a turn off.

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-11-07, 03:18 PM (EST)
10. "RE: American Idol Love List: Final Eight"
>Haley – I can see
>how some people might be
>blind to the fact that
>she is awful...
>
For weeks, she's been tryng to blind people, especially Simon, via exposed boobs and legs, to her awful-ness. But, she can't deafen him, or me, to it. Hopefully, after tonight, she won't be in the Final Seven.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-07, 03:34 PM (EST)
5. "RE: American Idol Love List: Final Eight"
I love love lists

1. Blake-he's been my fave for a long time

2. Chris-cute guy who is getting better

Here's a pic from VFTW for Glowie and Tribey!!

3. Phil-I think he is way underrated and I like him

4. Melinda..yeah she's boring but she can really sing

5. Sanjaya-what will he do this week?

6. Jordin-she's good but like a lot of people, something bugs me about her and all the pimping she gets

7. Lakisha..so over her

8. Haley...talentless but she has nice oobies

tribey is my American Idol!

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-07, 03:55 PM (EST)
6. "RE: American Idol Love List: Final Eight"
LOL Emydi! Do you think they know about the fan fic?

04-10-07, 07:53 PM (EST)
8. "RE: American Idol Love List: Final Eight"
rofl

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-07, 10:45 AM (EST)
9. "RE: American Idol Love List: Final Eight"
Adorable!

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-10-07, 04:32 PM (EST)
7. "RE: American Idol Love List: Final Eight"
Love list VFTW style:

1) Sanjaya - I don't know what everyone's talking about, we're looking at the next Bob Dylan, the next John Lennon, the next Elvis here. I think everyone is going to look mighty silly in 40 years when he is sitting in his dressing room covered with gold and platinum albums in Vegas preparing for yet another week of sold out shows.

2) Lakisha - That vacant look in her eyes makes me swoon.

3) Chris - He follows a long and proud tradition of being an "artist" who is a lock stock and barrel rip-off of other "artists".

4) Jordin - Just once I would love to hear her start a song with "Ready....OK".

5) Haley - Please Please Please bring on the wardrobe malfunction. Mr. Stiffy wants to dance. (For the Dancing With The Stars viewers)

6) Melinda - If you win I will pay you $10 to say "You like me, you really like me".

7) Phil - Severely underrated and anti-pimped plus you scare the girls. I like that.

8) Blake - If you want to get off this end of the list, bring back the Vanilla Ice gimmicky crap.

potatochyp 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-11-07, 06:00 PM (EST)
11. "RE: American Idol Love List: Final Eight"
Oooh, I like making lists! Especially when I don't have to worry about points and changes...

So in order of pure entertainment value, my list is...

Gina - I loved her, loved the rocker chick thing, the tongue ring, the hair... I stubbornly refuse to exclude her from my list

1. Sanjaya - every week he breaks up the monotony of The Divas and Phil/Chris R. I look forward to seeing what he's going to do and totally admire the fact that he took what could have been a terrible, embarrassing situation and turned it into something great.

2. Jordin - with Gina gone, she's the one whose personality I enjoy the most. She seems to have the most sell power of the girls that are left.

3. Haley - This girl may not sing as well as the rest (which honestly I can't tell, I'm pretty tone deaf, hence the lack of emphasis on vocal talent here and also the reason I don't actually vote) but she comes out and puts on a show and, like Sanjaya, is finding ways to keep her fans and stay around.

4. Blake - I have liked some of his song selections in the past (that kind of broke the Idol mold and gave us a break from the played out Idol songs of seasons past) and liked the beat boxing during Hollywood week

5. Melinda - Honestly, from what I can tell, she has a gorgeous voice, but I just don't see any selling power from her in the end. I think she can make a beautiful album that is much like other beautiful albums that have already been made. I'm not seeing the personality as much from her as from some of the others. Vocally, however, she is the most talented.

6. Phil - The sole reason that I chose him here is because I like him ever so slightly more than Chris R. Maybe it;s because he wore a hat this week and his shiny head didn't distract me as much, or maybe it's because of his little anecdote about his daughter's stuffed cow ("Simon Cow").

7. Chris R - boring boring boring boring boring.

8. Lakisha - See #7, add a comment about her being the lesser of the divas, tack on a couple more borings...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •