The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Idea"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ripley 196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-05-07, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Idea"
I know that the awful singers is what attracts viewers,but there will be a time where that may get old.I thought that they should treat American Idol like they do the Miss America pageant ,where each state is responsible for supplying their best male and female singers.That way the judges only have to deal with 100 contestants which don't really suck.They won't be called Miss or Mr.Vermont yet they could represent their state.There will be a time when this show calls it quits,and they could have this new version at least once a year.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Idea geekboy 02-05-07 1
   RE: New Idea AshLanie 02-07-07 2
   RE: New Idea bob_chester 02-08-07 3
       RE: New Idea Sues 02-08-07 4
           RE: New Idea bob_chester 02-08-07 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-05-07, 08:17 PM (EST)
1. "RE: New Idea"
First off, Idol isn't going anywhere anytime soon. When you're in your 6th season, and your ratings INCREASE each year...you have a bona-fide hit that is here for many years to come.

Now, re: the 'bad auditions'. This gets brought up each and every year. You have people that ONLY watch the audition episodes, you have people the watch and suffer through them simply waiting to see the good singers (I'm in this group) and you have those that NEVER watch until the Hollywood rounds.

The first indisputable fact - the audition rounds are extremely popular and get HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE ratings and ad revenue. They're are not going anywhere, the format has worked for the pruducers, the network, and the advertisers.

One thing as a point of comparison - RockStar. This show starts off with the finalists being strutted across the stage and you get a little 'summary/infomercial' on each one. I watched Rockstar last season and didn't for one minute miss the auditions. Yes, it could be done, but will it? Not a chance.

geekboy

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-07-07, 07:45 AM (EST)
2. "RE: New Idea"
Nashvill Star's format is like Rock Star's.

They also start with just the 12 and begin to eliminate right off the bat.

I like you watch the circus type format (my description of AI preseason shows) of AI looking for the ones that make it to Hollywood...hopefully I remeber my favs by the time the live shows come on to see if they made it.

They'll always be a place for both formats...NS's format being the more maturer format.

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-08-07, 01:47 PM (EST)
3. "RE: New Idea"
again I agree with you Geekboy. Well said

I love the auditions. But I cannot wait till they start crying in Hollywood. This is great TV.

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-08-07, 01:54 PM (EST)
4. "RE: New Idea"
You know, I wouldn't mind one night of bad auditions for 'Rock Star'.... ;)~

but it is a bit of overkill, I actually enjoyed last night's episode alot more....the worst and the best...nice balance!

But alas, we all have our guilty pleasures and watching folks tank happens to be a *somewhat* universal one...

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-08-07, 02:26 PM (EST)
5. "RE: New Idea"
I don't get to see them all but I can catch them when I can.

You are stalking me aren't you?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •