The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Vote for the Worst?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

keone 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-24-06, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Vote for the Worst?"
Has anybody seen this lame website? They have picked Taylor as the worst idol hopeful and encourage people to vote for him to show how American Idol is a faulty system. First of all, picking Taylor is not a very bold move. He's been one of the most popular contestants each week from the very beginning. So if he wins, you know this website will take credit for this happening. Before they picked Taylor, each "worst" Idol contestant they picked got sent home the very next week. That shows how little of an impact they truly have.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Vote for the Worst? Reality_Tv_fan_90 05-24-06 1
   RE: Vote for the Worst? keone 05-24-06 2
       RE: Vote for the Worst? crs3192 05-24-06 3
           RE: Vote for the Worst? keone 05-24-06 4
               RE: Vote for the Worst? Fishercat 05-28-06 8
           RE: Vote for the Worst? priestdi 05-24-06 5
               RE: Vote for the Worst? Fishercat 05-28-06 7
 RE: Vote for the Worst? Irishbear0987 05-28-06 6
   RE: Vote for the Worst? zazzy 05-28-06 10
 RE: Vote for the Worst? Fishercat 05-28-06 9
   RE: Vote for the Worst? frisky 05-29-06 11
       RE: Vote for the Worst? keone 05-30-06 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Reality_Tv_fan_90 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-24-06, 06:01 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Vote for the Worst?"
Yeah Keone alot of ppl have seen this retarded website. It is probably one of the most hated websites ever. I know i sure hate it.

Scott

05-24-06, 06:23 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Vote for the Worst?"
Oh ok sorry. I just came across it and felt I should say something.

crs3192 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-24-06, 06:25 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Vote for the Worst?"
Actually, before Taylor they picked Kellie from the beginning. She was there for a long time. But, I don't like this site either.

05-24-06, 06:36 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Vote for the Worst?"
Well they had chicken little on there before too and he got bounced right after they picked him.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-28-06, 05:57 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Vote for the Worst?"
Kevin Covais lasted three weeks (F16, F12, F11) before being boote in 11th place.

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-24-06, 06:44 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Vote for the Worst?"
actually kellie only lasted two weeks after they switched to her from Kevin.

I think Brenna maybe lasted the longest for them.

anyone read the interview they just did with her? it's posted on their website. the mod tried to pass off the website as a supporter of her, it's a very strange read.

05-28-06, 05:56 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Vote for the Worst?"
Not quite true

Kellie was chosen when the Final 10 came (also, she was their female pick for the Final 16), and she was their pick for

F16
F10
F9
F8
F7
F6

Six weeks, then they switched to Taylor (a completely justifiable choice, and if anyone looked at their rationale, they were right).

And on the whole, the site loves most of the people they pick (Kellie was an exception), and Brenna was awesome. Bling Bling and Shine On...

Irishbear0987 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-28-06, 04:54 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Vote for the Worst?"
That site is why he won. Duh.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-06, 07:55 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Vote for the Worst?"
Hardly. I completely disagree with you and when the real vote totals are released you will see why. If it were at all close, AI would have been touting it. I am guessing at least 55-45 but more like 60-40 or more.

05-28-06, 06:02 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Vote for the Worst?"
Christ, if you are going to spew hatred about a website, get your facts right.

F24: Bobby and Brenna were picks, Bobby went home, Brenna stayed
F20: David and Brenna (2) were picks, both went home
F16: Kevin and Kellie were picks, neither went home
F12: Kevin (2) was pick, didn't go home
F11: Kevin (3) was pick, went home
F10-6: Kellie (2, 3, 4, 5, 6) was pick, went home in F6
F5-2: Taylor (1, 2, 3, 4) was pick, never went home.

And depending on how many votes you believe the site produced, it's possible they saved Taylor in the F3. I don't think they generate enough (300k) to make it so Taylor stayed, but their cause is valid.

As for my opinion of site, it's one of my favorite websites for Idol on the internet. The premise is great, the website on the whole is hilarious, the people who get riled up over it as just bad, their exposure of The Powers That Be and their pimpage is nice, and in general, it's a funny site.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-29-06, 11:08 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Vote for the Worst?"
Here here! I *heart* VFTW. The premise is not to pick the one the public dislikes the most -- it's to pick the one contestant that the producers would NOT want to market as an "American Idol." Taylor fit this role perfectly after Kellie left. That's why Taylor was okay with being the VFTW pick. It didn't mean he was the worst, it meant he was the one the producers would have to work their arses off to market as a "pop star." He gets the joke.

It's all in fun. If you don't think they have an impact, then why get all worked up about them?

Rolly made this.
Desperate Housecats

05-30-06, 11:43 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Vote for the Worst?"
Ok I'm not getting "worked up" about the site, I just think it's dumb. Mainly because they think they have an impact on the show and are now taking credit for Taylor winning. He got votes before he was their pick. And Fishercat, calm down man.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •