The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Beware Backlash "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

SeniorCitizen 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-20-06, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Beware Backlash "
I was hooked on watching AI as more than a train wreck movie when Taylor walked the long room to the judges playing his harmonica. I cast my first votes ever for the funky gray haired guy. He remains one of my main reasons for watching the show, but when I clicked a link and saw the sorry pastiche of images that allege that his one remaining rival hates her family, I had the knee-jerk reaction to spend money on a Cingular Cell just so I could text message votes for her until my fingers bleed. This show is entertainment,not a blood feud. I hope overzealous fans of either singer will realize that underhanded tactics only damage their favorite's cause.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Beware Backlash AshamedPoster 05-20-06 1
   One More Thing AshamedPoster 05-20-06 2
       RE: One More Thing SeniorCitizen 05-20-06 3
 RE: Beware Backlash sylvester 05-20-06 4
   RE: Beware Backlash SeniorCitizen 05-20-06 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AshamedPoster 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-20-06, 00:53 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Beware Backlash "
I don't mean to come off sarcastic, but you would change how you vote because there are a handful of idiots in the millions of people who watch this show? Just seems an odd reason to spend money/vote. But I agree...as much as I hate Katherine, some people take this stuff too seriously. Both will get contracts, and in a few years AI will have no bearing on their sales.

AshamedPoster 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-20-06, 00:54 AM (EST)
2. "One More Thing"
I don't know if the story/link/etc alleging that she hates her family is necessarily damaging to her. I think Kat haters misstepped with that one.

05-20-06, 01:09 AM (EST)
3. "RE: One More Thing"
We could even get involved in circular reasoning ie. Kat fans made the video to garner sympathy, AI producers produced the video (which is otherwise probably in violation of copywrite because it uses clips from the show) so they could influence the vote. It all becomes absurd. I said my reaction was knee-jerk, and I don't usually follow through with impulses. That is why I'm posting to bring this to discussion. I anticipate that both performers/singers will give us a great finale show. I really like both of them.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-20-06, 03:26 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Beware Backlash "
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-06 AT 03:34 AM (EST)

I have no idea what you're talking about regarding a link, but maybe you're taking all this a little too seriously?

05-20-06, 09:00 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Beware Backlash "
When someone who belongs to a group with which I identify does something crumby or acts like a jerk, it bothers me.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •