The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"this is ridiculous"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

elsquid 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-11-06, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"this is ridiculous"
tonight was the most horrific atrocity ever aired in the history of television. chris, by far, was the best (i.e. most talented) and most likeable, probably the two criteria that matter most. i really like both taylor and elliot, but absolutely cannot stand catherine. if you observe her facial expressions and listen to her comments/reactions, she has got to be the most arrogant, annoying person from this season's show. she is so fake that it drives me crazy. she always comments in ways to promote herself undeservingly. i will stop as this is starting to infuriate me even more.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: this is ridiculous Iconoclastic 05-11-06 1
   RE: this is ridiculous KoalaChick 05-11-06 2
 RE: this is ridiculous--It's always... singmeasong 05-11-06 3
 RE: this is ridiculous dingdong thankgodhesgone 05-11-06 4
 Locking - duplicate topic Bebo 05-11-06 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-11-06, 02:51 AM (EST)
1. "RE: this is ridiculous"
Dude, keep in mind that Idol is just a TV show and tonight that TV show "Jumped The Shark". It's become a glorified plug for products like Coke, Ford, the X-Men movie, Rod Stewart records and whoever else is willing to whore themselves out on national TV. The only question I have left is how long until Rockstar starts? Less gimmicky, Dave Navarro instead of Paula Abdul and MUCH better singers.

KoalaChick 509 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-11-06, 03:27 AM (EST)
2. "RE: this is ridiculous"
Icon is right...it's just a TV show. And it's the best vehicle that any of these kids have available to get their talent in front of the people who can market them. Don't think, for one minute, that the recording industry isn't monitoring the talent on this show. And anyone with marketability, meaning Chris Daughtry, will be offered contracts to record. This isn't the end for Chris, it's the beginning. Just remember how much you love him when his first CD hits the stands, and support him that way. Trust me, he'll appreciate your purchase more than your vote.

singmeasong 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-11-06, 04:20 AM (EST)
3. "RE: this is ridiculous--It's always to someone"
I agree with the majority. Although Chris does not sing the type of music I listen to; he was the most consistent and talented. I thought he had the title after week 2 and I personally only disliked one performance (the hard rock song I could not understand). There were a couple of so-so weeks, but he was steady and that makes his boot even more shocking. Chris has a great voice and I pray he has a great career. He seems like a very genuine person. I might buy his CD.

We all know everyone has different opinions and that is what makes the debate interesting. For what it's worth here are my opinions:

Last year: I had Carrie winning after week two. Most people on this site did not like her...I think mainly because of BO, but to me she simply had the best voice in the group and a humble personality that made her very likable. Sure her robotic like performances were not very entertaining, but I love her voice. Bo impressed me many weeks and I thought he might pull it off after the ocapela performance. Still if I buy a CD and I bought Carrie's (LOVE HER SOME HEARTS CD)...I listen, I don't watch.

This year:

Personally, I like Taylor, but to me he is just a slightly above average singer whose performance makes him stand out. Yet others rave about him. He has never truly impressed me in any week...yet has a great fan base who have kept him on top each week. I would not choose him over Chris and personally I believe Chris is WAY better than Taylor. I will not buy his CD.

Elliott: I like him more every week. He has steadily improved, and yes I thought this was his best week and was a notch better than other performers this week. That probably saved him. He has a distinct voice, not as much as Chris, but still it is his own and it appeals to me. He has not blown me away with any song, but has come real close the last 3 weeks with increasingly better performances. His song choices appeal to me more, but I believe Chris has the better voice/performances this year. I might buy his CD.

Kat: Always lets me down. I expect more from her, but she just does not hit the note that would make the song GREAT instead of just very good. To top it off she is inconsistent...often off-key and trying to hard on some songs and messed up the words in a song this week. I thought she was blown away by the guys this week. Yet, she has had two very memorable performances that I almost loved. Small chance in buying her CD.

IMO the biggest shocker is still MANDESA. To me, she sang one song that was below average and BOOM....GONE. She was as consistent as Chris in the first 6 weeks. I was not a fan of hers early on, but she realy grew on me...well until she was gone. A good chance I would by her CD.

The only other one I really liked was Paris. WOW, what a voice. I think she just needs someone to tell her what to sing. I was bewildered with her song choice most of the time. I think she has the best voice this year (close with Chris), just needs guidance. She might have won this competition in 2 years...course top-5 this year isn't shabby. She was like Kat to me...I thought she was going to impress me, but usually was disappointed with the song/singing.

But as Ryan says "America voted"...and the great thing about America is the ability to express our opinion.

dingdong thankgodhesgone 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-11-06, 05:01 AM (EST)
4. "RE: this is ridiculous"
THIS A COPY OF THE PETITION, WHAT A JOKE. I FOR ONE NEVER THOUGHT CHRIS WOULD WIN. IF 90% THOUGHT HE WOULD WIN, THEN WHY IS HE GONE???? If 90% thought he should win then he should have received 90% of the vote last night.
THIS IS GETTING REALLY STUPID.
Chris actually needed only 25% of the votes to stay on the show. If his so-called fans couldn’t get 25%, then they have no business whining.

To: American Idol and FOX
Hello Chris Daughtry Fans! This petition is from the hearts of us. We feel that Chris was wrongly kicked off of American Idol on May 10th, 2006. We, the fans of Chris Daughtry, demand American Idol and Fox to do a Recount on the Votes. Ask anyone who they thought was going to win American Idol this year, and 90% of them would say CHRIS DAUGHTRY. We are shocked and saddened that this has happened. This is a HUGE mistake. Recount the votes American Idol, Recount the votes Fox. You will be greatly surprised that Chris Daughtry should have remained in the competition. If a Recount is not done, with the signatures from all of the Chris Daughtry Fans demanding one, it will only PROVE, that this show is rigged. Please, give us a recount and bring Chris back. HE IS OUR AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!! If you agree with this petition, PLEASE, the Fans urge you to sign it and pass it along to anyone you know who LOVES Chris as much as we do. WE LOVE YOU CHRIS, OUR AMERICAN IDOL!! AND WE WILL FIGHT FOR YOU TO BE THE OFFICIAL AMERICAN IDOL!!!

Sincerely,

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-11-06, 08:15 AM (EST)
5. "Locking - duplicate topic"
Please join the existing discussion titled "I Am Done With This Season".

Posters are encouraged to join existing discussions where possible instead of starting new threads.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •