The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Shut Up!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-07-03, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Shut Up!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-03 AT 07:28 AM (EST)

How do we get them to shut off the freaking background vocals?
Are they using them to cover weak spots in the contestants vocals? Sometimes the background singing is so loud it almost covers up the performance. It seemed to be throwing Kim off.

Shut them up!

Josh was good? Last night? Ok I really like this Kid, but jeeze he has been over his head for weeks. Last night was better then the week before, but it was hardly good. He seems like a nice guy, but he can't sing well enough to pull this off. The judges raved over him last night. Maybe the background vocals were covering the fact that he was FLAT.

Clay sounded better then Frankie Vallie singing Grease. When Simon said he was awful, I wanted Clay to say, " Well, what did you want me to do with it, you made me sing BeeGees songs fercryinoutloud"

From the raves the judges gave him, looks like they have pegged Rueben as their American Idol.

Am I the only one who wants to smack Randy Jackson? The guy is starting to sound like a parody of himself. Oh and Randy , you said what you thought, if you don't agree with the other judges, SHUT UP! You did your thang already Dawg!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Shut Up! smiley 05-07-03 1
 RE: Shut Up! L82LIFE 05-07-03 2
   RE: Shut Up! SaphireLady 05-07-03 4
       RE: Shut Up! L82LIFE 05-07-03 5
       RE: Shut Up! TechNoir 05-07-03 10
   RE: Shut Up! cyclehausen 05-07-03 6
       RE: Shut Up! L82LIFE 05-07-03 7
       RE: Shut Up! Drive My Car 05-07-03 8
           RE: Shut Up! cyclehausen 05-07-03 9
 RE: Shut Up! jkokoj 05-07-03 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-07-03, 07:45 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Shut Up!"
Now tell us what you really think Buggy LOL

I agree about the background vocals though. They are kinda annoying.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-03, 12:41 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Shut Up!"
You tell 'em, Buggy. Couldn't agree more. The background vocals do cover the singer's voices. I think we need to put one of those collars that they use on dogs on the background singers. When they try to sing, they'll get a little shock (totally harmless). I think it would be much more humane to use these collars on those singers than it is to use them on dogs!

Josh doing Jive Talking made me want to hurl. He did well for Josh, but that's still pretty sucky in the scheme of things. I hate to ask, but what kind of people are actually voting for this hack?

Clay did do a good job with Grease, and an even better job the first round. I LOVE his voice (and his cute little sparkly eyes).

Ruben has a nice, smooth voice. But, he's no Clay Aiken!

Randy sounds like a 45 year old man trying to be a 20 year old boy. Does he not hear how stooopid he sounds? Grow up, Randy and stop talking like you walked in straight out the 'hood.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-07-03, 01:52 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Shut Up!"
HHmm that kinda person would be ME. I like Josh. I think he should be third and if Ruben does one more same ole same ole 2nd.

Yes I think Clay should win. And if Kim L. had not forgot how important this was, her 2nd, but she is back to her terrible self after two great weeks. Ruben just needs to go. Josh, is a cute family man with potential. He keeps showing me extreme flashes of brillance while amid a sea of donkeys and sharks. Clay also shows me the same thing. Ruben has never showed my anything other then he is a big, big starfish, while they can be pretty, they have no depth. Kim L. At one time was a clam, then she became a Dolphin, now she is working her way back to clam. Josh on the flashes of brilliance does not win this, but it is better then what two are doing right now.

"Now I will believe that there are unicorns..." William Shakespeare; "The Tempest"

05-07-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Shut Up!"
Josh, is a cute family man with potential. He keeps showing me extreme flashes of brillance while amid a sea of donkeys and sharks.

I'm not quite sure I understand your analogy on the singers, but that's just me.

I like Josh, as a person. However, the fact that he is a cute family man does not make him able to sing any better. Seriously, I don't think he'd have made it this far if it weren't for his playing off his status as a Marine through this whole competition. Allthough he may someday (after more voice training) make a decent country singer, that does not make him a pop idol, which is what this show is supposed to be all about.

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-03, 08:32 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Shut Up!"
OK, I finally have to say it.

Josh always looks like he has a load in his pants.

"Half of Tech's charm is that sometimes I have no idea what she's talking about" -- True

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-07-03, 04:04 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Shut Up!"
People like ME also vote for Josh - see the "Why I'm VotingFor Josh" thread. There are 3 tyes of people who vote for Josh..

1. Those who think he actually have what it takes to be the American Idol - i.e. those with extremely indiscriminate taste in music and men

2. Those who like what Josh proports to represent - the All-American family man, the country boy (from urban Michigan, no less - LOL), the patriot (*cough* draft dodger *cough*)

3. Those who are fed up with the competition, and realize that winning the shebang once you make the final 4 is a liability. We vote for Josh out of disgust.

So please, don't insult ALL of the Josh voters! Stick with 1 and 2, please!!

(-wink-)

05-07-03, 04:16 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Shut Up!"
I'll ammend my statement to include only those voters that fall into the first 2 categories, Cycle. Only because you've made me laugh so often, my ears are going to forgive you.

If you ever fall into the first category though, all bets are off.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-03, 08:21 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Shut Up!"

Cycle, can I just say for the record?

Damn you're cute!

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-07-03, 08:26 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Shut Up!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-03 AT 08:40 PM (EST)

Awww, you're sweet! But you haven't even seen me!

Here's a picture of me at church
(COMING SOON) (maybe?)

I'm a keeper!

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-07-03, 12:55 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Shut Up!"
Ok I broke my word and watched a little last night. I LOVE THE BEE GEES! I liked seeing the monteage at the beginning.

I also watched Josh and thought he did ok. But Randy, Dawg, say something ORIGINAL!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •