The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bottom Three Confusion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-30-06, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bottom Three Confusion"
Could someone attempt to explain the appeal of Kellie Pickler, and why after two awful weeks of performances, WHY she has not been in the bottom three at least?

Katherine was there this week, and Pickler wasn't.

Her Stevie Wonder week song was the worst of the week. This week i think her performance was as bad, if not worse, than Lisa's.

What is the appeal?

geekboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bottom Three Confusion Gar 03-30-06 1
 RE: Bottom Three Confusion Snidget 03-30-06 2
 RE: Bottom Three Confusion Glow 03-30-06 3
 RE: Bottom Three Confusion zazzy 03-30-06 4
   RE: Bottom Three Confusion LisaPles 03-30-06 6
   RE: Bottom Three Confusion CattyChat 03-30-06 11
       RE: Bottom Three Confusion finallytyping 04-03-06 15
 RE: Bottom Three Confusion PhoenixMons 03-30-06 5
   RE: Bottom Three Confusion Glow 03-30-06 7
   RE: Bottom Three Confusion TanNymph 03-30-06 8
   RE: Bottom Three Confusion Devious Weasel 03-30-06 12
 RE: Bottom Three Confusion nailbone 03-30-06 9
   RE: Bottom Three Confusion selah 03-30-06 10
 RE: Bottom Three Confusion Reality_Tv_fan_90 04-02-06 13
 RE: Bottom Three Confusion Bebo 04-02-06 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Gar 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

03-30-06, 07:59 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Bottom Three Confusion"
I am so with you. I have two issues with the Pick. Could she be that dumb, and if she isn't, why in God's name would she act that dumb. I am stunned by last night. Of course Simon was right on when he said any of them could have been in the bottom 3. gar

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-30-06, 08:00 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Bottom Three Confusion"
Kellie is the votefortheworst.com pick to vote for?

We see this every year. Someone that gets through based on personality or looks when other people don't get the votes. I can see Kellie's aw shucks schtick playing well for a lot of people and they will vote for her because she is just as cute as a bug. Katharine is a good singer and has looks but I don't think she has captured hearts in the same way to date.

Also there seems to be at least one show every year early on where everyone seems assume that such and so was safe, so they voted for another favorite they felt was at risk and then someone that everyone expects to make it near the end shows up in the bottom 3.

Imaginary friends by Bob!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-06, 08:27 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Bottom Three Confusion"
Well like Snidg said, VFTW is helping Kellie out a lot. The really unfortunate thing about that is that Kellie also has a big loyal fan base. That doubles her votes. Probably.

Unlike Kellie, Katharine has little to no personality whatsoever so she has to actually perform well to get votes. I'm not sure her fan base is a large one. She'll have to keep that in mind and maybe try not to svck so much next week.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-30-06, 08:48 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Bottom Three Confusion"
If you read the Kellie Pickler section at votefortheworst.com you can see the act that Kellie is putting on for America.

"What's a ballsy?" Pleeeasssee.

She has been marketed to America as someone to root for--dad in prison, mom who abandoned her. She was profiled in some mag this last week like People or Stars or one of those type-- I saw it at the beauty salon so do not recall. It was all about her estranged mother. Do the other contestants get that exposure?

If you read http://www.votefortheworst.com/pickler.htm you learn that Mellissa had two parents in jail but that was not played up one bit and when a reference to it was in Melissa's bio on the AI website, it was removed while Kellie's is still up there.

Kellie plays up that she doesn't know what salmon, spinach salad and calimari are yet several regular restaurants in her area have them on the menu.

Kellie acts like she has barely been out of the trailer but she performed in a statewide AI type contest called "Gimme the Mike!" (did not win) and she was a contestant for Miss North Carolina (did not win) and singing was her talent. She won $$ and ad endorsements for her local pagent--and she has gone to a dance school.

I am not down on Kellie per se...just on her manufactured image and the way AI selectively sells it to America. I liked her spunk initially but now she is overdone and I think others are better singers.

Last year we were served up a down home Carrie Underwood while nothing was said about her performing as an opening act for some groups, touring with them regularly. Kellie is this year's Carrie, and I think she is being groomed to appeal to the Tammy Wynette or Loretta Lynn loving country music fans. More country-ish than Carrie.

So, people are voting for Kellie because they think a)she is soooo cute, b) she has had a hard life and deserves it, c) she is good at singing country music that they like.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-30-06, 08:59 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Bottom Three Confusion"
I totally agree with you Geekboy. I don't get it at all!
Not only for the fact that Picklehead's performances stink, but also because she is a total twit. It would be such a joke if she became the spokesperson for AI. Duhhhh!
She has got to go!

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-30-06, 11:13 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Bottom Three Confusion"
"What's a ballsy?" Pleeeasssee.

Just for the record, Kellie said "T'Wasn't Ballsy." in response to Ryan's question. I had it on DVR and replayed it a few times just to be sure -- she did not ask "What's a ballsy?" She said "T'Wasn't ballsy" because Simon didn't call her performance ballsy he said gutsy.

I haven't jumped on the hate bandwagon, because I haven't seen her do anything mean spirted, arrogant or rude. I also wouldn't characterize her supposed "act" as DUMB it's called NAIVE as she questions certain things that some people may be very familiar with and she is saying that she is not familiar with.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

finallytyping 401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-03-06, 00:09 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Bottom Three Confusion"
Hey! So I did hear it right! I just misinterpreted her language.
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID69/553.shtml#45
(I hope I pasted that correctly...)

Thanks, CattyChat for confirming that I haven't completely
lost my marbles. At least, not the important ones!

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-30-06, 08:55 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Bottom Three Confusion"
It's the same as every other season. There's always someone who sticks around WAY longer than he/she should while someone with real talent is sent packing long before he/she should.

This season it's Kellie/Ace. Neither of them really has much vocal talent. They are getting by solely on looks and pandering to their fan base. Ace showed his scar because he knows that the people who do like him are more into him because they think he's hot. That's the same reason Kellie acts like a complete idjut every night...she thinks (and it seems rightly so) that her fans want to see her make a fool out of herself while playing the role of innocent/cute country bumpkin. Personally, I think Carrie was MUCH MUCH MUCH more attractive and MUCH MUCH MUCH more talented (and I didn't like Carrie-bot at all).

Also, Katharine was in the bottom three because of a very weak performance. I'd say more than a lack of personality, for her it's a lack of something unique that defines her to her fans. Most of the other contestants have some sort of defining quality. Ace is the boy band hot guy (*barf*), Kellie is the beauty pageant/country gal, Mandisa is the powerful-voiced diva, Taylor is the "true" musician who likes "real" music, Chris is the rocker, Paris has the young crowd/urban appeal. Elliot has the smooth R&B appeal, Bucky is the country guy (something AI hasn't really seen in the top group). Neither Lisa nor Katharine really has their 'niche' established on the show. Katharine has a wonderful voice, but what else is there drawing fans to Katharine (aside from the fact that she's a beautiful girl)? She was very outgoing and silly in early weeks and I think that probably helped make her stand out. Ever since, she's just sort of done her song and that's that.

At least, that's what I get from the whole thing.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-06, 09:04 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Bottom Three Confusion"
Well said, Spammer.

Yep. Carrie, I think, is way more talented. The only part of comparison I see is that they're both blonde and have country roots.

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-30-06, 09:37 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Bottom Three Confusion"
I saw Josh Gracin perform last night and he was really good. I didn't watch him on AI but it seems he has done pretty well for himself in the country genre.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-06, 11:18 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Bottom Three Confusion"
I think that's it right there. Kellie is not splitting her votes with anyone else. Up until last night, I was thinking that Lisa and Paris were splitting votes. But seeing Katherine and Lisa standing there, I realized that those two were probably splitting votes - they sing the same style of music, and sing it similarly - the smoky female vocalist.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-06, 10:08 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Bottom Three Confusion"
Oh I get it. It's very easy to understand. I don't like her anymore, but I do understand.

A) She's hot
B) She's not the worst singer yet
C) She's hot
D) Votefortheworst.com
E) She has a big "out there" personality
F) She's hot

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

selah 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-30-06, 10:31 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Bottom Three Confusion"

my husband's favorite is Kellie and I know its just because she is blonde and cute. ridiculous!

Reality_Tv_fan_90 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-02-06, 07:15 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Bottom Three Confusion"
I think Kellie is a great singer, but not nearly as good as Katharine. However I beleive Katharine was in the bottom three because Kellie is easier to remember (IMHO). Katharine is what I call a nobody girl (no offense to Katharine, I totally love her!). By a nobody girl I mean a girl who is just a pretty face and even though they often do have a considerable amount of talent get kicked off because they just don't stand enough. PPl more just remember their face and not their name. I also think Melissa McGhee, from earlier this season, and Lindsey Cardinale and Jessica Sierra from season 4 were what I call nobody girls. They all were very talented but just didn't stand out. Kellie although very pretty is not a nobody girl in my opinion as she has a bubbly and somewhat dim personality (whether just an act or the way she truly is we have yet to find out). Her performances are also always very fun and energetic, which I think many people enjoy. However I do think that Katharine will go farther than Kellie. My predictions for top 6 are (in no particular order)
1) Chris
2) Taylor
3) Mandisa (my personal fave!)
4) Katharine
5) Kellie
6) Paris or Elliot (I'm not which of these 2)

Scott

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-06, 08:23 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Bottom Three Confusion"
One of the main factors is where she's from. The North Carolina markets have huge AI viewership - ratings are much higher than the national average. In addition, the viewers in the area have shown that they don't just watch, they vote, given prior support to a champion (Fantasia) and a runner-up (Clay).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •