The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bad for Clay..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Yazimodo 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-01-03, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bad for Clay..."
Ruben being in the Bottom 2 this week is so unbelievably bad for Clay i want to cry (or, the more manly subsitute of going on a murderous rampage).

I was half hoping for Clay to remain the underdog the whole season with everyone thinking Ruben would win and not need to necessarily vote for him. But those morons did it this week instead.

Everyone was "the one to save", everyone was looked at as if they COULD go if *YOU* didnt vote for them, except Ruben and maybe Clay. What would have happened would be people thinking it was in the bag and Clay fans freaking out and over-voting to MAKE HIM win.

Now, people will over-vote Ruben till the end. Which is a shame cuz Clay IS the best singer of the two.

It might even be dangerous for Clay before the F2 because most people (me included) are smart enough to realize these 2 should be F2 and so are voting for both. Now, with Ruben threatened, all those people might over-vote Ruben and nonintentionally forget to vote equally for Clay.

With all the Trenyce fans going to *arg* Kim Locke, we could see Clay gone in the F3!!!

Please let the quirky nerd freak win! Please vote for Clay!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bad for Clay... Bebo 05-01-03 1
 RE: Bad for Clay... I_AM_HE 05-01-03 2
 RE: Bad for Clay... GuessItRains 05-01-03 3
 RE: Bad for Clay... managerr 05-01-03 4
   RE: Bad for Clay... PrettyInPink 05-01-03 6
 RE: Bad for Clay... weltek 05-01-03 5
   RE: Bad for Clay... tanyafrommd 05-06-03 7
 RE: Bad for Clay... munson 05-06-03 8
   RE: Bad for Clay... Bebo 05-06-03 9
 RE: BAD For RUEBEN.. rilond 05-06-03 10
   RE: BAD For RUEBEN.. Drive My Car 05-06-03 11
   RE: BAD For RUEBEN.. SaphireLady 05-06-03 13
 Clay's doing OK Bebo 05-06-03 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-01-03, 09:23 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Bad for Clay..."
Please let the quirky nerd freak win! Please vote for Clay!!!

It's been interesting to watch the voting this year. A contestant will end up in the bottom 2, then be saved from the bottom 3 the next week by a huge wave of fan support, then ride off into the sunset a week or so later.

I'm not all that worried. The Clay fans I've talked to (and they're easy to find here in his hometown) recognize the trend and know that they have to be diligent next week in protecting Clay from being a victim.

Josh was saved this week when he didn't deserve to be, and I think the fans of the other contestants are ticked off enough by that fact to do everything they can to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-03, 10:03 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Bad for Clay..."
yeah, i said in another thread that i would not be at all surprised to see josh and clay in the bottom 2 next week :/

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-01-03, 10:57 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Bad for Clay..."
With all the Trenyce fans going to *arg* Kim Locke, we could see Clay gone in the F3!!!

I have no idea why this is assumed as fact in all the thresds. Many of them may vote for Ruben. If anything, I think Kim is the greatest threat to go next week.

It will be interesting to see what happens next week. I would guess that a Ruben groundswell will propel him back to the Top 2, but I could see any of the others in the Bottom 3...most likely Tubby and Kim. And if Kim (or Clay) doesn't have a sensational performance some of those on-the-fence voters may just not phone in, allowing Tubby to stick around another week.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-01-03, 02:23 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Bad for Clay..."
If there's any fan base that can overcome it it's Clay fans. Seriously, judging by the # of Clay posts everywhere, it's really scary how rabid his fan base is. It's funny to read the Clay boards on Bolt after the show: "OMG! His line is only 75% busy! We need to call call call!"

Frankly, the level of dedication Clay's fans have is admirable. I won't say "Don't Worry" because at this point everyone is in danger, but I have noticed Clay fans being a tad paranoid in the past. (But that's a good thing)

PrettyInPink 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-01-03, 03:27 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Bad for Clay..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-03 AT 03:28 PM (EST)

Ohhhh, never fear, we thrive on Clay paranoia, LOL!!! I pointed out in another thread that we're obsessed, we're huge, and we're organized! AND we recognize that every week could very well be his last chance if we don't vote hard for the whole two hours - complacent fans are fans who don't get to see their favorite go all the way. The way I always like to think of it is - he didn't make it through on his group #2 rounds by a hair. He had to sit around and wait to get back in via wildcard. So that was his second chance used up right there - he got back in, and it's our job to keep him in. So doooon't you worry about Clay, we've got him covered!

"His name is Blane??? That's a major appliance, that's not a name!!"

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-03, 02:36 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Bad for Clay..."
Also, with the rumors of a Clay/Carmen love interest, whether true or not, her large fan base may have jumped over to Clay when she was booted.

tanyafrommd 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-06-03, 02:25 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Bad for Clay..."
>Also, with the rumors of a
>Clay/Carmen love interest, whether true
>or not, her large fan
>base may have jumped over
>to Clay when she was
>booted.

Oh...I heard Clay was gay............. and if he is, he wouldn't be the first homosexual to date women.

Don't shoot the messenger!

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-06-03, 03:37 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Bad for Clay..."
I wouldn't worry too much. Clay doesn't have fans, he has fanatics. Clay supporters think nothing of calling in their votes for him...for two straight hours!

The thing that worries me is that Josh also seems to inspire this type of dedication from his fans.

Despite Ruben's appearance in the bottom two last week, I don't know if he has the rabid fan base necessary to offset the Josh/Clay vote.

I fear we'll see Ruben and K'Lo in the bottom two. I hope I'm wrong.

05-06-03, 03:58 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Bad for Clay..."
The thing that worries me is that Josh also seems to inspire this type of dedication from his fans.

But he has finished in the bottom 2 as well, which was what motivated his fan base to be so active last week. Maybe the same thing will happen for Ruben this week to offset Josh's bounce back.

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

rilond 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-06-03, 05:09 PM (EST)
10. "RE: BAD For RUEBEN.."
American need to pick up the telephone phone and vote for Rueben in full force. VOTE FOR RUEBEN. VOTE FOR RUEBEN. VOTE FOR RUEBEN.

AMERICA USE YOUR VOTING POWER NOW. RUEBEN NEEDS YOUR VOTE TONIGHT. DON'T GIVE UP THE LINE UNTIL YOU GET YOUR FULL VOTING IN FOR RUEBEN

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-03, 06:00 PM (EST)
11. "RE: BAD For RUEBEN.."

Vote for him? I haven't heard him sing yet. Am I the only one who thinks this is still a talent competition and not a popularity contest?

If Ruben is sings good, and I feel like it, I may dial the phone.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-06-03, 11:42 PM (EST)
13. "RE: BAD For RUEBEN.."
Sorry, no can do, he sucked.

"Now I will believe that there are unicorns..." William Shakespeare; "The Tempest"

05-06-03, 10:22 PM (EST)
12. "Clay's doing OK"
The AT&T Wireless tower got overpowered here in Raleigh again, and Clay's line has been quite busy - only able to get through 2 times so far...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •