The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Canadian Idol Top 6 East Coast Update Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-16-05, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Canadian Idol Top 6 East Coast Update Thread"
Let's keep the comments here until everybody has had a chance to watch the show.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Rock 'N' Roll strid333 08-16-05 1
 Melissa strid333 08-16-05 2
   RE: Melissa Loree 08-17-05 9
 Rex strid333 08-16-05 3
   RE: Rex Loree 08-17-05 10
 Casey strid333 08-16-05 4
   RE: Casey Loree 08-17-05 11
 Aaron strid333 08-16-05 5
   RE: Aaron Loree 08-17-05 12
 Suzi strid333 08-16-05 6
   RE: Suzi Loree 08-17-05 13
 Josh strid333 08-16-05 7
   RE: Josh MissRaven 08-17-05 8
   RE: Josh Loree 08-17-05 14
 Results (Part 1) strid333 08-17-05 15
   RE: Results (Part 2) strid333 08-17-05 16
       RE: Results (Part 2) Loree 08-18-05 19
   RE: Results (Part 1) Loree 08-18-05 18
 Next Week's Theme SPOILER ALERT strid333 08-17-05 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-16-05, 10:53 PM (EST)
1. "Rock 'N' Roll"
Aka Classic Rock. Suzi, and Rex should do awesome.

Three is the perfect number.

08-16-05, 11:03 PM (EST)
2. "Melissa"
"Alone"

The performance was good. I liked the back up singer. She worked very well with Melissa. Kudos to CTV for giving Kudos to the band and the back up singers.

Jake said that it was good that she gave kudos to the band - which you need for this song - and it was believable. Farley said it was really natural. Sass said the poptarts (Britney, etc) better watch out because she kicked @$$. Zack said she does what she does. (And Ben she smoked Carrie Underwood.)

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-17-05, 11:28 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Melissa"
When Melissa started singing my first thought was Carrie Underwood and I think Carrie did it better. But I think Melissa did well. But at times the backup singer was drowning her out.

08-16-05, 11:11 PM (EST)
3. "Rex"
Yep, it's rock but I thought Rex should be beyond awesome, I just don't think he's living up to my expectations. It was still good.

Farley says he takes a passionate approach to every performance. Sass says he's got a vibe. Zack said huh? Gibberish. Jake said true rock is passion and that's what he has.

08-17-05, 11:30 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Rex"
Rex was good. But I also expected him to be better. This should have been his showcase. But he was just alright. And the white cap seemed out of place. I know it is signed by his family and friends for good luck. But he really needs to lose it more often. The white cap did not fit for that song and performance.

08-16-05, 11:20 PM (EST)
4. "Casey"
"I'll Stand By You"

Meh.

Sass said it's her best effort so far. Zack said it was pretty good. Jake said she sang it with heart, meaning and vulnerbility. Farley said it was her most passionate performance so far.

08-17-05, 11:31 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Casey"
Casey is a sweet young thing. But she should have been booted weeks ago. And it bugs me that more talented people are booted while she sticks around. She could use some voice training.

08-16-05, 11:25 PM (EST)
5. "Aaron"
"Hot-Blooded"

Yes, it is a cheesy song, but I guess he sang it well.

Zack said it was rocking but parts sucked (it was the song). Jake said he looks so natural that it's almost unfair. Farley said the energy ... and people luv you. Sass said it thrilled her.

08-17-05, 11:32 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Aaron"
Aaron was good. He is comfortable on stage and likeable. But I don't see him as winning this thing.

08-16-05, 11:36 PM (EST)
6. "Suzi"
"Piece of my Heart"

It was good.

Jake said she brought the pain (which is needed). Farley said good song choice. Sass said she is fiesty and it works. Zack said that is what she does and either wins or goes home tomorrow.

08-17-05, 11:34 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Suzi"
Suzi is starting to annoy me. And I know it is her actions more than her voice. She stomps around the stage in the exact same way swinging her arm for every song. It is getting distracting. Can't she sing one song without doing that?

08-16-05, 11:45 PM (EST)
7. "Josh"
"Layla"

The guitar trick was very neat. Good performance. Nobody totally wowed me tonight, but nobody completely sucked either. Doubt that I'm voting tonight.

Farley said he was good. Sass said the final trick was neat. Zack called the final trick cheating, but he found 6 good artists. Jake said it was obvious he missed his guitar.

MissRaven 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-17-05, 10:32 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Josh"
The guitar trick was neat but is it major break of the rules? Zack made the comment it was up to the "judges" (I assume he means producers?) to decide what to do about it. Although he isn't my favourite, it would be a shame to see him booted on a technicality. Casey needs to go.

08-17-05, 11:36 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Josh"
The minute I heard he was doing Layla I thought of Jordis on RockStar: INXS. She did that song and bombed. It is not an easy song to do. So I am not sure why Josh picked that song. In fact I am often critical of his song selections. Usually because they are obscure and not popular enough. This song is well known and he did a pretty good job of it. But I do wish he had picked a different song.

08-17-05, 09:39 PM (EST)
15. "Results (Part 1)"
Aaron safe. Melissa safe. Suzi not safe. Josh not safe. Rex not safe. Casey safe.

Hmmm, so 2 of the bottom 3 are supposed to be rockers and this was supposed to be their week to shine because it was rock week. I didn't feel they were stellar and that may be why they are in the bottom 3.

Rex is safe now.

Final results after the commercial break.

08-17-05, 09:42 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Results (Part 2)"
Bye bye Saskboy aka Josh.

08-18-05, 10:46 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Results (Part 2)"
I am going to miss Josh. If nothing else he made it interesting. I was always curious what he was going to do next.

08-18-05, 10:45 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Results (Part 1)"
Well with Rex ending up in the bottom 3 they have now all been there. That makes for a close contest now. But I find myself a little bored this year. I think there was more talent last season.

And I find it depressing that Casey was in the top 3. I have doubted she even deserved to be in the Top 10. But now there is a chance she could even win this thing. Yes she is a sweet cute girl. But her singing talent is not ready for this.

08-17-05, 09:48 PM (EST)
17. "Next Week's Theme SPOILER ALERT"
American Woman? Running Back to Saskatoon? No Sugar Tonight? The Guess Who!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •