The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Canadian Idol Starts This Week."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-30-05, 02:57 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Canadian Idol Starts This Week."
... and I'm just checking to make sure this is still an ok forum to be discussing it. I'm pretty sure I remember it being mildly brought up last season, but I just wanted to confirm. Also, to see how many CI fans(or at least people who like to bash the show, and with Ben, you always know there will be plenty to bash) there are around here.

Having auditioned, and been rejected at the second round of precuts, I've been planning on doing a sort of "Bitter Rejected Contestant Summary/Commentary" this season, based on my (fairly) knowledgable wisdom. (A year of being a voice major at university, amoung other things) The main spot for them will probably be on my LJ, but I'll cross-post here, if there's interest.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Canadian Idol Starts This Week. strid333 05-30-05 1
   RE: Canadian Idol Starts This Week. Risti 05-30-05 2
       RE: Canadian Idol Starts This Week. strid333 05-30-05 3
           RE: Canadian Idol Starts This Week. Risti 05-30-05 4
               RE: Canadian Idol Starts This Week. strid333 05-31-05 5
                   RE: Canadian Idol Starts This Week. Risti 05-31-05 6
 I'm watching for the first time northernlights 05-31-05 7
 RE: Canadian Idol Starts This Week. Phonestayedbusy 05-31-05 8
   RE: Canadian Idol Starts This Week. strid333 05-31-05 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-30-05, 03:53 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Canadian Idol Starts This Week."
Yep, I can't wait.

We could do official summaries (that is if the blue peeps approve), like we did for this past season of AI. I wrote a couple for them.

I'm willing to do a few summaries, but I don't want to do every single one because they are quite time consuming and I do also want to write some Big Brother summaries this summer, as well. And yes, if people won't read them, I don't really want to put the effort into them.

Three is the perfect number.

05-30-05, 07:17 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Canadian Idol Starts This Week."
Ooh, official summaries. I'd gladly trade in attempting to do them every week if there are others who are interested in trading off. In any case, I'll be watching tonight with a notepad in hand and the vcr set.

05-30-05, 08:12 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Canadian Idol Starts This Week."
I just sent an email to one of the moderators asking about summaries. In the AI season, we didn't start summarizing until the top 32 was revealed. I think summarizing before then can get difficult (making The Amazing Race summaries look easy).

05-30-05, 09:35 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Canadian Idol Starts This Week."
Probably, but I decided to torture myself this season and attempt it anyhow. Especially since I just watched them show the city I auditioned at.

On another note, though. Wow. I was really, really impressed with that episode.

05-31-05, 00:03 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Canadian Idol Starts This Week."
I just saw that episode too, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the previous two years. They didn't showcase the cities and didn't show as many of the "stories" of the contestants as they did previously. Nobody struck me as really wonderful. But on the other hand, there wasn't anyone who was William Hung horrible, either. To me, the episode was ok.

05-31-05, 02:04 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Canadian Idol Starts This Week."
It was different, but to me, after the first city or two, it lost the feeling of being rushed, and began to just feel sleek. No five minute pieces dedicated to people who they're just going to end up humiliating, but rather, just a nice overview of talent and personality. I'm wondering if they're changing the format of the show, considering that if they do another episode that covers this many cities, they're barely going to have any first audition episodes.

I liked the way things were edited together. Ben and Jon, with only one or two exceptions, seemed funnier than normal(Ben in the tan bed was classic, IMHO, and shows that a producer somewhere knows what the main Ben snark is). There was a real flow to the episode, an overlying arc, even. Would I have liked to have spent more time in each city? If they could have kept the production level and pure filler-quotient at the same place? Yes. However, as long as there proves to be a purpose for rushing us through this stage(Longer time spent in the Toronto auditions, perhaps a Top 24 similiar to AI4), I'll be happy. I don't mind if we get to know our eventual finalists(as picked by the judges) better, while leaving behind the people who turn out to really only be mediocre.

Mainly, though, I'm glad it didn't turn into the "point and laugh" form of entertainment that Fox is dragging the show towards more and more each season.

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-31-05, 12:05 PM (EST)
7. "I'm watching for the first time"
Seeing as I enjoyed this years American Idol so much I thought I'd give the Canadian Idol a try. Last night was the first time I've ever watched the Canadian version. I liked it.

I'm guessing that Rockerchick from Vancouver will be our version of Constantine.

Holy cleavage Sass!

Phonestayedbusy 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-31-05, 06:42 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Canadian Idol Starts This Week."
Never heard of Canadian Idol. Where can we see that show? What channel, time? Will it be aired in the US? I'm in Texas. I just love to see the passion and drive of these kids.

05-31-05, 08:44 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Canadian Idol Starts This Week."
I think that it airs only in Canada (which is dumb imho because we watch your American Idol), but I do know of some torrent websites that do sometimes show this. For example, I know a couple of sites that are providing the torrents for Big Brother Australia. If I start seeing the Canadian Idol torrents, I might PM you. (Because technically, it is illegal to download this stuff and posting on this website is breaking the rules.)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •