The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Question: Who will Carmen fans vote for now?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-27-03, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Question: Who will Carmen fans vote for now?"
Based upon the fact that she was around for SO much longer than her 'talent' warranted (relative to her competition), I'm curious...who will Carmen's loyal following be voting for now that she's gone? Will they even vote?

I'm guessing they'd be most likely to go the Josh or Clay route. I have a strong feeling that most of her fans were youngsters themselves and are more inclined to vote for the 'cute boy' (not saying that ALL young fans do this, rather that it's most likely that Carmen fans would) than necessarily the most vocally talented.

On a side note, I think Carmen has some potential. It's pretty apparent that she's never had a day of vocal training in her life (or her vocal training was just REALLY bad) because she has a lot of power that is wasted on trying too hard (if that makes sense).

So what do you all think?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Question: Who will Carmen fans ... Femme 04-27-03 1
 RE: Question: Who will Carmen fans ... 712 04-27-03 2
 RE: Question: Who will Carmen fans ... ejm92 04-27-03 3
 RE: Question: Who will Carmen fans ... managerr 04-28-03 4
 RE: Question: Who will Carmen fans ... lilgypsy 04-28-03 5
   RE: Question: Who will Carmen fans ... managerr 04-28-03 6
       RE: Question: Who will Carmen fans ... lilgypsy 04-28-03 7
           RE: Question: Who will Carmen fans ... Bebo 04-28-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-27-03, 11:40 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Question: Who will Carmen fans vote for now?"
I think they will flock to Clay. She was always paired with him and I think they will extend their votes to him in her absence. Just a guess.

Femme

"We are men of action; lies do not become us."

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-27-03, 03:16 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Question: Who will Carmen fans vote for now?"
If I were them, I wouldn't even vote.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-27-03, 07:15 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Question: Who will Carmen fans vote for now?"
I'm thinking that about one third of them will flock for Clay, another third will join Kim L.'s growing legion of fans, and the other third will split themselves between Josh/Ruben/Trenyce/not voting at all.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-28-03, 11:34 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Question: Who will Carmen fans vote for now?"
I blame Kimberley Locke and Trenyce fans for Carmen's dismissal, since on every site they were the ones rallying hardest for her to go.

So my revenge is that I'm taking my 2 hours of voting and giving them to Josh. Yeah, Josh sucks, but I'm bitter and spiteful that way.

lilgypsy 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-28-03, 11:54 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Question: Who will Carmen fans vote for now?"
>On a side note, I think Carmen has some potential. It's pretty >apparent that she's never had a day of vocal training in her >life (or her vocal training was just REALLY bad) because she >has a lot of power that is wasted on trying too hard (if that >makes sense).

Carmen has a vocal coach,( although if I were him, I don't know if I would want my name published). If she loses the vibrato, she really doesn't sound half bad. Her vibrato is almost a yodel. That is what drags her off key and makes her sound like she is a bleating sheep at times. A local radio station editted her performances and took out some of the vibrato and she really sounds good....now if she could do the same...

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-28-03, 12:15 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Question: Who will Carmen fans vote for now?"
Here is an article with an interview from Carmen's vocal teacher where the talks about Carmen's vibrato and compares it to other singers in general:

http://www.sltrib.com/2003/apr/04222003/tuesday/tuesday.asp

lilgypsy 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-28-03, 02:24 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Question: Who will Carmen fans vote for now?"
Good article....couple of interesting things to point out

>>Vibrato adds warmth and style if used tastefully; if overused or abused, it can drive listeners away. A distinctive vibrato can set a singer apart from the crowd -- for good or ill.

At times, Carmen's vibrato has helped her but other times, it has been very distracting.

>>"When I first met Carmen, she was doing lots of yodeling, and that had a huge effect on her vibrato, which tends to be more noticeable and bigger than it ought to be."

Hopefully he is helping her with this. I think if she can learn to control that urge to yodel that she has, she can be a great singer....

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-03, 02:51 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Question: Who will Carmen fans vote for now?"
At times, Carmen's vibrato has helped her but other times, it
has been very distracting.

I can think of one thing that could be contributing - NERVES. As someone with a healthy vibrato myself, I can tell you that when I'm nervous, it's a lot harder to control. That could be partially to blame.

I know that I'm one of the folks who celebrated that Carmen's no longer here, but I don't think she's completely talentless. I just think she's not ready for this kind of opportunity yet - she still needs to grow.

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •