The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ratings, 05/03/05"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-03-05, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ratings, 05/03/05"
Ratings! Get your ratings here!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 geekboy 05-03-05 1
   RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 ginger 05-03-05 2
 RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 Glow 05-04-05 3
 RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 mrc 05-04-05 4
   Big surprise Breezy 05-04-05 11
       RE: Big surprise mrc 05-04-05 15
 RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 theking0075 05-04-05 5
 RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 geekboy 05-04-05 6
 RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 PhoenixMons 05-04-05 7
   RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 emydi 05-04-05 17
   RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 Lasann 05-04-05 21
 AOL Poll Weds am Snidget 05-04-05 8
 RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 Roo 05-04-05 9
 RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 kahanasunset 05-04-05 10
   RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 JustTryinToBeReal 05-04-05 18
       RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 kahanasunset 05-04-05 19
 RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 Corvis 05-04-05 12
 RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 Devious Weasel 05-04-05 13
 RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 frisky 05-04-05 14
   RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 mrc 05-04-05 16
 RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 udg 05-04-05 20
 RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 nailbone 05-04-05 22
   RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 PhoenixMons 05-04-05 29
       RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 theking0075 05-04-05 31
 RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 geg6 05-04-05 23
 RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 lovwigglesworth 05-04-05 24
   RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 nailbone 05-04-05 26
 RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 Fishercat 05-04-05 25
 RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 Dot 05-04-05 27
   RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 Dot 05-04-05 28
 RE: Ratings, 05/03/05 Lisapooh 05-04-05 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-03-05, 04:55 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
Can i get fries with that? And a supersized cola?

geekboy

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-05, 05:02 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
I think Dweeze looks cute in that cap and messenger bag.

Now say "Extree! Extree!"

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 08:33 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
1. Bo - Two fabulous song choices and two great performances. Whatever he's selling, I'm buying.
2. Carrie - Two good song choices and two good performances.
3. Scott - Two good song choices and two okay performances.
4. Vonzell - Two eh song choices and one really good performance. The first one didn't make up for the second one. She had some serious pitch problems. *screeeeeeech*
5. Anthony - One good song choice and one really good performance. The second one didn't make up for the first one. I almost want to put him above Baby V but I can't.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 08:57 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
1. Carrie
2. Bo

<gap>

3. Vonzell

<big gap>

4. Anthony
5. Scott

Oh, and Scott? Lose the attitude. It's not endearing.

A Nefarious Dice Creation

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 10:39 AM (EST)
11. "Big surprise"
I agree with MRC. And!?!?! I think Simon toned down most of his comments last night (especially to Scott) so that the voters wouldn't crazy vote just to prove him wrong.

My prediction? Bottom two- Vonzel and Scott, Scott doesn't get a chance to work on a song for next week.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Sigpic by Syren.

05-04-05, 12:02 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Big surprise"
*sighs*

My favorite.

Just don't tell zombs, Monsty, Seana, or *checks list* Slicey.

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-04-05, 09:01 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
Just a little different from what Glow said...

1) Bo: Definately the best of the night. Two good, entertaining perfromances!
2) Scott: I think he picked two songs that fit his voice very well. Sadly, I think he may go home one of the few weeks he doesn't deserve to go home.
3) Carrie: I've grown so tiered of her. Take out 80's night and musicals week and it's just the same thing out of her each and every week. Also, I just don't like female country performers.
4) Vonzell: Simon was right. This wasn't a good week for her. She did one upbeat song, but she has had better upbeat performances. Then she did a slow song, but she has had better performances before in that area as well. Face it, she was just a little off.
5) Anthony: If the competition last night was a goldfish tank, Anthony would have been that thing stuck to the side of the tank sucking slime off the glass.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-04-05, 09:24 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
I'll keep this simple.

Bo and Scott deserve to stay.

The other three were basically weak to teh same degree, with Anthony's first song bumping him up perhaps a notch, but by the same token i did enjoy his Backstreet Boys peformance.

I'd say Anthony/Carrie/V have an equal chance of getting the boot.

geekboy

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-04-05, 09:37 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-05 AT 09:38 AM (EST)

Well, as usual I posted this in the East Coast thread last night before midnight...a few changes in the comments, but the same rankings...

1. Bo - #2. Not my favorite Los Lonely Boys song, but he did a fantastic job with the song. One little comment to add...if Bo weren't already established in this competition as not being karaoke-ish, this would have teetered on the brink of being karaoke. It was VERY similar to the original...the arrangement was alost exactly the same, his voice is quite similar to the lead singer's voice...just thought I'd throw that out there...

2. Bo - #1. Good choice! I thought Scott would've picked this song, but it worked well on Bo. The main reason I put Bo 1 over Scott 1 (AK, 2 & 3 were the hardest to rank since I really enjoyed both of them) is because of the performance. Bo is a better performer (though Scott's performance last night was his best yet)

3. Scott - #1. When I heard he was singing Broadway, I was a little worried (I shouldn't have been though...we performed it high school in our jazz vocal group and one of our male singers had a voice similar in tone/timbre to Scott's)...but it was good. Mostly I was worried about the performance aspect, but it was a good choice for him all around. And I don't see how he's still chastised so much for his 'arrogance' after last week when he was absolutely STUNNED he was in the top 3 and this week when he was laughing with Ryan after his comments.

4. Vonzell - #1. Loved her working the stage/song. She does tend to have pitch problems still, but she is usually the ONLY one who looks completely at ease and normal on stage (some of Bo's antics seem a bit forced even though I still like him). One thing I have to realize is that most pop stars, when performing live, have pitch issues. I try to be a little lenient in that department if it's a few notes here and there...

5. Carrie - #1. Off-pitch quite a bit tonight and again, looked and sounded as if she was just singing random words that meant nothing to her, but there were definitely parts I enjoyed (haven't been able to say that about a Carrie performance for a while now). She really needs to learn how to convey something when she sings (other than boredom)...this is not cutting it. I'm sure her fans don't care though since Miss Perfect can do no wrong.

6. Scott - #2. Didn't like the song selection (one-note chorus = not the best choice), but with most of what's on the top 40 charts today, he really didn't have much choice in the matter unless he wanted to go out of his genre. Brian McKnight is a pretty risky artist since he's got a phenomenal voice and you'll almost always sound like crap singing his songs no matter how talented you are. His options were very limited (as were Vonzell's, as you'll see by her top 40 selection) given the theme.

7. Vonzell - #2. Not as bad as Simon alluded to, but not as good as Randy/Paula thought. Still, I like her and the way she actually pays attention to what she's singing each week. Funny Bebo (noting your comments in the East Coast thread)...I was actually thinking the same thing about Simon's comments to Vonzell...he did seem like he was trying to get a rise out of her fans based upon some of his non-verbal cues. LOL, I'm psychoanalyzing Simon, now!

8. Anthony - #2. Well, he sure was back to his old ways tonight...NOT a good night for Mr. Federov. He needs to sing either mellow pop music or big 'bravado' type ballads. He missed the mark tonight. If Anthony stays tonight it is ONLY because his fans know that he's in trouble

9. Carrie - #2. Ew. Icky song, icky performance, really icky wardrobe. What on earth was she wearing? Talk about doing everything possible tomake yourself look larger than you are. She did a horrendous job with her wardrobe last week (that black western shirt looked dreadful on her and made her look like she weighed about 15 lbs. more than she does) and this week was no different. That skirt appeared to have some sort of chain-link fence motif going on. wtf.

10. Anthony - #1. My word that was hideous. He'd been impressing me (a little anyway) over the past 2 weeks, but that performance just about erased every positive thought I'd had about him in the past. Ouch. This is the first time I didn't think he looked like Dweeze's weasel guy though (his face is very smooshed together), so that's good.

Overall

Bo
Scott
Vonzell
Carrie
Anthony

Should go home: Anthony
Will go home: Scott ('luck' finally catches up with him even though this was arguably his best night in the finals).

On one hand I hope Carrie's in teh bottom three, but then that would just make her fans vote like mad for her next week and I don't want to see her stick around any longer than necessary. I really hope it comes down to Bo and Vonzell - they are the only two who 'get it' in terms of giving a good performance and vocal ability.

Got blog?

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 01:36 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
Similar but not the same as PM this week, she has more love for Baby V than I do...

1. Bo 2--I liked that song by Bo...I don't care if it was too similar to original --I think that's what people want with this week's top 40 songs.

2. Scott 1- I actually would put Scott's first performance up here above Bo's first... maybe it's bc the song Bo sang is just a bit too hackneyed for me to enjoy it any longer. I liked Scott singing the song to Simon too... but I was sort of hoping he would do Yakety Yak and sing "DON'T TALK BACK" in a really low voice

3. Bo 1--Even with that song, he did very well.

4. Carrie 1--she sang this well and showed a bit of personality here. Her fans will love it.

5. Carrie 2-it was okay but it was perfect for her fan base, she's totally safe

6. Scott 2-eh, it was good, but the first one was his best performance since his first audition.

7. Anthony 2--it was okay, but the tweeners/teens loved it and thought he was singing to them, so he will get the vote...

8. Vonzell 2- I didn't like this song from her but it was a bit better than her first one

9. Vonzell 1--I don't have any idea what that was and I almost fell over when Randy praised her that much...Simon was right it was all over the place

10. Anthony 1-- Poison Ivy...well, his rendition did make me itch ...

I think Vonzell will be in the bottom 2 (are they doing b2 or b3 tonite?) with Anthony and she will go home. But with that first song Anthony really should go home, but the tweener vote will save him again bc of his 2nd song. If there is B3, Scott will join them but I think he will again be safe.

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-04-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
What Phoenixmons said!!

!

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 09:42 AM (EST)
8. "AOL Poll Weds am"
Who should win American Idol poll on AOL

Bo 54%
Carrie 37%
Vonzell 4%
Anthony 4%
Scott 1%

Roo 705 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-04-05, 09:52 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
1. Bo - Not my favorite of his performances, but good as usual. The first song was definitely better than the second.
2. Carrie - Excellent job on the first song, not so much on the second.
3. Vonzell - First song was a little rough, but I thought she did a great job with the 2nd.
4. Scott - Nice job with the first, poor with the second.
5. Anthony - Bleh on both counts.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

kahanasunset 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-04-05, 10:03 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
1. Bo - He was good on both songs but didn't electrify me. Still my favorite, though.
2. Vonzell - I liked both performances, especially the second. SHe looked more like a star last night than she ever has.
3. Carrie - great job on the first song, ok on the second.
4. Anthony - Great job on the second song. Cringe on the first.
5. Scott - I am not into r&b singers with rapper hand movements, however, his voice was pretty good last night. Not great, but good. This is the only contestant that would be difficult to package and market.

JustTryinToBeReal 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-04-05, 01:44 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
<This is the only contestant that would be difficult to package and market.>

I Disagree! You are wrong - but entitled to your opinion.

Scottie will do well as will all the other finalists!

kahanasunset 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-04-05, 01:46 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
Yes, I realize that I contradicted myself. Scott has a rabid fan base and his type of voice/songs sell well at the moment, so if he wins (which it looks like he might - IMO he'll be in the top 3, gag) they'll make money off 'im.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-04-05, 11:01 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
1. Bo.

What, there are other singers?

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 11:15 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
Stealing from Glow and altering slightly.

Tier 1
Bo - Two great choices. Two great performances.
Carrie - Two great choices. Two good performances

Tier 2
Vonzell - Two eh choices, two good performances.
Scott - One great choice (On Broadway), one horrendous choice. One great performance (On Broadway), one oh-my-god-is-that-awful-how-can-he-possibly-think-he-deserves-to-be-there performance.
Anthony - Two eh choices, two eh performances.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 11:26 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
Bo. Bo bo bo bo-bo bo bo, bo bo-bo bo bo bo. Bo? Bo bo.

Bo bo bo bo! Bo bo bo bo bo bo-bo. Bo.

Bo.

The world is my litterbox.

05-04-05, 12:03 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
Do you need a Band-Aid for that bo-bo?

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-04-05, 02:30 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
1) Bo.
2) Vonzell.
3) Carrie.
4) Anthony.
5) Scott.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004
My conundrum? Tomorrow night, both the "Fallen Idol" expose and the results show both start at 7 pm here. Which one do I record?

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 02:37 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"

Bo - #1 all the way, both songs.

Scott - Y'all oughta close your eyes ands picture someone else when Scott sings. On Broadway was just wonderful. The second song I didn't know, but it sounded OK to me.

Carrie - First song was great, second song was eh.

Vonzell - I don't know the first song, but I didn't like it. Second song was eh.

Anthony - see ya.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-04-05, 03:45 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
Scott - Y'all oughta close your eyes ands picture someone else when Scott sings. On Broadway was just wonderful. The second song I didn't know, but it sounded OK to me.

ITA! I know I am sometimes guilty (try as I might not to be) of being blinded by my dislike of some contestants (I loved Scott from the get go, so I'm talking about others in this and previous seasons). I think Scott written off by a whole lot of people before he even utters a note. Scott's rendition of You Are My Lady from one of the pre-final 12 shows was fantastic. On Broadway was pretty nice - still nowhere near what he's capable of, but much better than he's been of late. The man can sing. He just needs to work on the rest and he'll be just fine

Got blog?

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-04-05, 04:21 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
I'm right there with you on this one! I really have to wonder what show the people were watching who are putting Scott at the bottom of their lists.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 02:41 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
1) Bo - both songs were great choices for him and how anyone of these other pretenders can even have the guts to go on the same stage as him is ludicrous.

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE GAP

2) Scott - pretty decent songs for his voice. He's getting better at choosing the right songs. Still does nothing for me.

3) Vonzell - she's only here because I detest Carrie and Anthony so much. But this girl has no idea what it means to sing on pitch.

4) Anthony - meh. Average at best for both songs.

5) Carrie - why is this woman still here? I don't get and I will never get it. I get nauseous every time I see her, let alone hear her.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-04-05, 02:48 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
1. Bo's "Stand By Me"- When someone sings one of my favorite songs, they get an extra brownie point, and he did it great.
2. Carrie's "Trouble"- My husband likes Carrie a lot more than I do. But we both really like Elvis and she gave a good tribute.
3. Bo's "Heaven"- I will buy Bo's CD when it comes out whether he wins this thing or not.
4. Carrie's "Broken Road"- I have a soft spot for country because it is what I grew up with.
5. Vonzell's "When you tell me"- She sang this really well.
6&7. Scott's "On Broadway" and "Every Time..."- I think Scott had his best night yet last night. I would not like to meet him but you don't have to like someone personally to like their singing.
8. Vonzell's "Treat Me Nice"- Although she sang great, whatever version this is of this song was just horrible.
9&10. Anthony's "Posion Ivy" and "Incomplete"- Poor guy had a bad night when he really needed to have one of his best.

Side note- I really missed Constantine.
(Don't let this thread get sidetracked by that please)

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 03:08 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
1. Bo's "Stand By Me"- When someone sings one of my favorite songs, they get an extra brownie point, and he did it great.

Can I have some brownie points, cuz I sang that song once. It was at a Name that Tune contest at a resort in Mexico. I named the tune and THEN found out I had to sing it also, in front of about 400 or so people. Now I can't carry a tune in a bucket, and I pretty much butchered it. But I got a t-shirt out of the deal, and it made it extra cool when Bo sang it last night.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-04-05, 03:07 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
Just a little C&P...

1. Bo (Correct, no one is even close to Bo at this point. He may not have the best voice, but he is by far the best performer, which is really what matters)
2. Scott (Really not much of a choice between the four below Bo, but Scott's the only one of the four who did two songs I care for or didin't butcher his songs)
3. Vonzell (The hype from the first two judges was unwarranted and I think she's in danger for lackluster performances. What she did wasn't the worst...but they are the type of performances that can't save a contestant from being ousted due to large opposing fanbases or lucky contestants)
4. Carrie (Her first song was uninspired and her second song was amazing...ly boring. I couldn't care less for her performances and if not for her appealing to her fanbase, as you should do, she'd be in danger)
5. Anthony (He did the Backstreet Boys...(heh, Meatwad flashback) and that was the better song. He wasn't that bad, but he...well...wasn't Top 4 quality. I honestly enjoyed Judd's performance from the first episode where he was booted more than his first job. Congrats).
Bottom 3 (projected): Vonzell, Anthony, Scott
Home: Scott (his good performance will cause a ceasing in votes due to confidence, and he'll be ousted when he was not the worst performer because of his previous record or lack there of. Think Chris from The Apprentice).

A generous Icecat donation

Dot 13 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 03:38 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
1. Carrie
2. Bo
3. Vonzell
4. Anthony
5. Scott.... Needs to go home tonight!

Dot 13 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 03:43 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
Msn.com poll

Who should be the next American Idol:

Anthony 1%
Carrie 48%
Bo 42%
Vonzell 7%
Scott 2%

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 04:02 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Ratings, 05/03/05"
1. Bo - head and shoulders above the rest last night - two solid performances.
2. Carrie - loved the first one - and sorta liked the second- they chopped it up lyrically and since she is razzed on for forgetting the words, I thought that was a bad move.
3. Scott - first performance was awesome. perfect song for his voice. second was meh.
4. Vonzell - for some reason it bothered me that she sang the AI song
5. Anthony - first one painful; second one way way way too vanilla.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •