The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Extraordinary Performances"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

crashstop 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-08-05, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Extraordinary Performances"
Some American Idol finalists seem to feel like they only need to perform well enough to get by to another week. That's how I feel, at least. This is especially true with the performers who feel safe. I watch the show to see something different. Every once and a while, there is a performance that's so good, I want to watch it over and over and download their version off the internet. This is how I rate the singers.
Top 24 week: The only one was Nadia Turner's Power of Love. Didn't know anything about her, but this night, she became my favorite.
Top 20: None
Top 16: Nadia again singing the Tenderness song and Anwar's Wonderful World. Never thought I would ever vote for him, but did.
Top 12: I was excited this week because the top 12 performance last year was amazing with my Diana topping off the night. But this year, almost everyone disapointed me. Carrie was a wreck. Once again I was shocked by who ended up with a download-worthy performance- Constantine with You make my feel so happy song. I also downloaded Nadia's let's do a calmer song performance.
Top 11: Carrie finally did it! I was elated. I couldn't wait to download her song and I loved her hair and the way she pointed her head down while looking up at the Camera on the big notes. It was hot. Besides Carrie, I found out what the judges saw in Jessica. Her Total Eclipse song was really good so I downloaded that too. Nadia.....Frohawk or however you spell it. Yikes.
Top 10: 90's night. I almost downloaded Carries Independance Day. And I kind of liked Anthony's performance, but Simon called it excruciating. Maybe it was. Nadia came back and sang the only real 90's song of the night. I downloaded it.

So if you lost track, my downloading leaderboard is:

Nadia: 4
Conny, Carrie, Jessica, Anwar: 1
Anthony: 1/2

I have plenty of room on my MP3 player to download some more songs. Trend analysis leads me to want Nadia to stay around as long as possible. I think Carrie may finally feel a little pressure to do a really good performance again soon. My friend and I put our finger on what we really love about Nadia's performances last week. She has passion. Unfortunately, she doesn't have the best voice. This is strange for me to be routing for that kind of contestant. I was a Clay fan season 2 and a Diana fan last year because they were the best voices. Now in the end, you may think I want Nadia to win...Nope. I'm hoping for 2nd which would really be a long shot considering she's been in the bottom 3 twice already, but she deserves it. She gives it her all every week. For the show's credibility, I want Bo or Carrie to win it. After the show is long over, I'll probably buy Carrie's CD and Nadia's. I'm sure Nadia will be sucessfull making Christian Music CD's.

Well, my Media Center didn't record American Idol last week so I don't know if anyone had an extraordinary Performance, but from what I've read, I don't think I missed too great an episode. If you feel I've missed some down-load worthy songs, feel from to add a comment. I may add some from previous seasons.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Extraordinary Performances TARugh 04-09-05 1
 RE: Extraordinary Performances zazzy 04-09-05 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TARugh 159 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-09-05, 01:40 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Extraordinary Performances"
Uhhh....

....whatever.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-09-05, 12:47 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Extraordinary Performances"
Hi Crashstop, this thread is like one already started and you will find what some posters have thought were the best performances so far:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID44/1330.shtml

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •