The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"REVOTE! New show Wed. Elimination Thurs."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

SouperStar 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-23-05, 07:37 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"REVOTE! New show Wed. Elimination Thurs."
IMPORTANT PROGRAM NOTE CHANGE
Due to an error with the graphics shown on-screen (incorrect voting numbers were displayed) during the performance recap at the end of last night’s AMERICAN IDOL, a live, one-hour show will air tonight, Wednesday, March 23 9/8c on FOX, to enable a re-vote. This new show will combine new live elements with encores of Tuesday’s performances from the remaining 11 contestants.

Phone lines will open at the conclusion of tonight's show and will remain open for two hours to give viewers the chance to vote for their favorite contestants and keep them in the competition. Only the voting results from tonight’s show will determine who received the lowest number of votes and will be sent home this week. Tune in to see who America has chosen to stay and who is sent home on the live results show tomorrow, Thursday, March 24 9/8c live on FOX.

RECAP
NEW LIVE SHOW & ENCORE PERFORMANCES THEN RE-VOTE - TONIGHT 9/8c
LIVE RESULTS SHOW - TOMORROW 9/8c

http://www.idolonfox.com/index.htm

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Yikes! Breezy 03-23-05 1
 RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Eliminati... Drive My Car 03-23-05 2
 RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Eliminati... geekboy 03-23-05 3
 RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Eliminati... brvnkrz 03-23-05 4
   RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Eliminati... samboohoo 03-23-05 5
   But? Breezy 03-23-05 6
       RE: But? Glow 03-23-05 7
           this person Breezy 03-23-05 10
           RE: But? frisky 03-23-05 12
 RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Eliminati... realitycoholic 03-23-05 8
   RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Eliminati... Glow 03-23-05 9
       RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Eliminati... realitycoholic 03-23-05 23
 RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Eliminati... ChaTTerBoxX 03-23-05 11
 From CNN.com TeamJoisey 03-23-05 13
   RE: From CNN.com Ricky 03-23-05 15
 Wrong Phone numbers displayed on th... Ricky 03-23-05 14
 RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Eliminati... geekboy 03-23-05 16
   RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Eliminati... Ricky 03-23-05 18
   RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Eliminati... Glow 03-23-05 19
 RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Eliminati... emydi 03-23-05 17
 Muhuahahahaha Angelfood 03-23-05 20
 RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Eliminati... geekboy 03-23-05 21
 RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Eliminati... true 03-23-05 22
 RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Eliminati... Pepito 03-23-05 24
   RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Eliminati... Snidget 03-24-05 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-23-05, 08:25 AM (EST)
1. "Yikes!"
I just heard about this on the radio. I didn't catch the mistake last night, did anyone else?

Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Sigpic by Syren.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-05, 08:25 AM (EST)
2. "RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Elimination Thurs."
OH MY GAWD!

I called so long last night that I never wanted to see a phone AGAIN!

Stoopid Idol!

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-23-05, 08:32 AM (EST)
3. "RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Elimination Thurs."
This really sucks on Fox's part. Why another hour show? COuldn't they simply replay the performances, get some overall comments from the judges and show the proper #s?

I'll have to rewatch my recording of the show and see what the messed up.

I voted by text messaging so i know my votes were correct.

geekboy

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-05, 08:42 AM (EST)
4. "RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Elimination Thurs."
Are you kidding me? So now Mikayla has a second chance? Please let her sound as badly tonight as she did last night. She needs to go home.

Yep, another Syren

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-05, 08:47 AM (EST)
5. "RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Elimination Thurs."
She was absolutely horrible. I'm glad they've warned us "not to watch."

Crowned by Pooh. Decorated by Syren

03-23-05, 08:53 AM (EST)
6. "But?"
Am I reading it right and they're showing the taped performances for the vote and just doing live stuff for filler? Please!?!?!??!

Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Sigpic by Syren.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-05, 09:01 AM (EST)
7. "RE: But?"
That's what I thought too. Somebody please clarify.

Please.

03-23-05, 09:40 AM (EST)
10. "this person"
http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=foxidol&msg=352074.1

Says it is but others say no. Ack!

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
12. "RE: But?"
>combine new live elements with encores of Tuesday’s performances from the remaining 11 contestants.

It's very ambiguous, isn't it?

I think "encore" means to sing again, but an "encore of Tuesday's performances" and the fact that they stipulated other stuff would be "live" leads me to believe that it is an encore "showing" of Tuesday night.

It wouldn't be fair to the good performers to give them another chance, because the crappy performers would have the benefit of last night's feedback from the judges.

The world is my litterbox.

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-23-05, 09:22 AM (EST)
8. "RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Elimination Thurs."
I thought that Tania was #2 when she sang last night, but at the end when they show a brief clip of each singer and their number, she was #8. Was that one of the mistakes? If so, and I inadvertantly voted for Mikayla, bring on the redo!

03-23-05, 09:29 AM (EST)
9. "RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Elimination Thurs."
Nadia?

Carrie was #2

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-23-05, 05:49 PM (EST)
23. "RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Elimination Thurs."
Yes, I meant Nadia and somehow my dyslexic fingers typed Tania! My bad...

ChaTTerBoxX 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-23-05, 09:46 AM (EST)
11. "RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Elimination Thurs."
I just don't know what to think of all of this! The season has had SOO MUCH D R A M A!! Let's get it together big, bad FOX! We all KNOW that Mekaylah needs to go home this week!! Carrie ROCKED IT OUT last nite!! She is the WHOLE package!! Jessica Sierra was good 2, but the rockers.. i just don't think they were on it last nite. The rest were "easily forgotten"!

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-23-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
13. "From CNN.com"

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- The 11 contestants left on Fox's reality hit "American Idol" are getting another shot at stardom.

Phone numbers that allowed viewers to pick their favorite contestant were incorrectly displayed during Tuesday's show, prompting a re-vote during the show scheduled to air Wednesday, the network said in a statement.

Phone lines will remain open for two hours following the episode, when another singer will be booted off this week by viewers. The contestant with the fewest votes goes home.

In the running are Bo Bice, Anthony Fedorov, Constantine Maroulis, Anwar Robinson, Scott Savol, Nikko Smith, Mikalah Gordon, Jessica Sierra, Vonzell Solomon, Nadia Turner and Carrie Underwood.

The series, which is in its fourth season, draws nearly 30 million viewers an episode.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-23-05, 09:59 AM (EST)
15. "RE: From CNN.com"
lol great minds think alike, I just posted the same story.

In the end, those of us that walk away winning, win more than just a loss - Audrey, Apprentice loser

03-23-05, 09:58 AM (EST)
14. "Wrong Phone numbers displayed on the screen last night"
According to Yahoo News the wrong phone numbers were displayed on the screen last night, causing us to revote tonight.

LOS ANGELES - The 11 contestants left on Fox's reality hit "American Idol" are getting another shot at stardom.

Phone numbers that allowed viewers to pick their favorite contestant were incorrectly displayed during Tuesday's show, prompting a re-vote during the show scheduled to air Wednesday, the network said in a statement.

Phone lines will remain open for two hours following the episode, when another singer will be booted off this week by viewers. The contestant with the fewest votes goes home.

In the end, those of us that walk away winning, win more than just a loss - Audrey, Apprentice loser

03-23-05, 10:17 AM (EST)
16. "RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Elimination Thurs."
I loaded up my taping of the show, and at the end in teh 'recap', they correctly displayed the numbers for the for 8, then for Mikalah, Anwar and Jessica, they had teh wrong numbers. it was '01' at the end for Mikalah, '02' and '03' for Anwar and Jessica, when it should have been '09','10','11'.

which means Carrie potentially got some extra votes for the Mikalah fans....., etc

geekboy

03-23-05, 10:23 AM (EST)
18. "RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Elimination Thurs."
they correctly displayed the numbers for the for 8, then for Mikalah, Anwar and Jessica, they had teh wrong numbers. it was '01' at the end for Mikalah, '02' and '03' for Anwar and Jessica, when it should have been '09','10','11'.

I didn't notice that - thanks.

which means Carrie potentially got some extra votes for the Mikalah fans

I don't have a problem with that. Let the vote stand.

03-23-05, 10:27 AM (EST)
19. "RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Elimination Thurs."
That would mean that Anwar's votes went to Carrie and Mikalah's would have gone to Anthony. I see the problem.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-05, 10:19 AM (EST)
17. "RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Elimination Thurs."
Well I actually voted last nite as I was watching the show on Tivo at the 10 pm EST hour and started to vote as they sang...I know I was right and I never even saw the mistake...but I never watch the recrap on Tivo...

I voted for Scott, Anwar and Nikko multiple times and got thru on Scott and Nikko every time and Anwar was busy sometimes. I tried to vote for Jessica around 10:45 pm and it was still busy..

I guess I'll have to vote tonite again.. I really liked these four and Anthony too (I love that song and he wasn't horrible) but I just can't vote for him.. he has enough teenyboppers anyway. I just don't want Mikalah to get through bc she was in the bottom 2 last week and her fan(s) will go crazy...I didn't want a better singer to go so I voted for the ones I thought needed it and bc they were good. Scott did a great rendition of Against All Odds and its one of my faves. Nikko was hot...

Thank god for redial

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-23-05, 11:20 AM (EST)
20. "Muhuahahahaha"
Fox marketing is Genius! pure, evil Genius I say!!!

Now, thanks to the "phone number malfunction", we'll just HAVE to go ahead and have an hour long show tonight, and then yet ANOTHER show on Thurs night

and our devoted fans will just HAVE to watch 3 times this week, and miss the other shows. Oh, darn.

from http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=3344 (RTVW has the best article on this so far!)
"While embarrassing for Fox, the broadcast gaffe is likely to prove costly for its competitors -- particularly NBC. In addition to forcing an original episode of its already sagging The West Wing drama to air against a full hour of the top-rated Fox juggernaut, the move will also impact NBC's plan to take advantage of Survivor's absence from the Thursday 8PM slot and run The Apprentice from 8:30-9:30PM so that it can sandwich the premiere of its new heavily-promoted The Office series in between The Apprentice and ER."

03-23-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
21. "RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Elimination Thurs."
I'm almost leaning towards thinking they should let this week be a 'bye week' and extend teh season by one week. This would prevent any accusations of screwed up votes. I don't like the idea of 'encore performances' along w/ a revote.

geekboy

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-05, 02:49 PM (EST)
22. "RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Elimination Thurs."
This? Realllly annoys me. I had my most prolific voting night ever, and now I have to do it all over again tonight. And, so does Buggy, as I have intimidated her into voting this season.

Pepito 587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-23-05, 06:03 PM (EST)
24. "RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Elimination Thurs."
So this rebroadcast must be a GOLDMINE for AT&T, with their expensive text messaging services. Not just one day in the week with some 30 millions votes being cast, but TWO days. In a row. Wish I had some AT&T stock right now...

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-05, 06:53 PM (EST)
25. "RE: REVOTE! New show Wed. Elimination Thurs."
During the rebroadcast they stated that the text votes thrown away from Tues night will not be charged.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •