The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Thoughts on first night of competition"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-22-05, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Thoughts on first night of competition"
Hey all

First, no "theme"? I'm surprised, or are they just doing this until they get down to 12? Has anyone heard? Ryan said nothing about a theme, or lack thereof.

Secondly, I have to say I agree the "batch of boys" is great this year, but a couple let me down.

Anthony - boooooooring
Scott - i love your voice, but also boooooring

Then, on the other hand, Bo blew me away. Simon was exactly right that his voice is a great recording voice. He did great.

geekboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Nikko aquariaqueen 02-22-05 1
 RE: Thoughts on first night of comp... seahorse 02-22-05 2
 RE: Thoughts on first night of comp... PhoenixMons 02-22-05 3
   RE: Thoughts on first night of comp... Petunia 02-22-05 5
   DH's faves PhoenixMons 02-22-05 7
 RE: Thoughts on first night of comp... Corvis 02-22-05 4
 RE: Thoughts on first night of comp... badger 02-22-05 6
   RE: Thoughts on first night of comp... Corvis 02-22-05 8
       Constantine's Big Downfall Pepito 02-22-05 9
           RE: Constantine's Big Downfall geekboy 02-22-05 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-22-05, 11:23 AM (EST)
1. "Nikko"
Hey, it WAS a great night, a lot of good singing, but it did get a little boring for me as well. Spice it up, man!

Hey, tomorrow, we get to check out the ladies.......

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-22-05, 11:25 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Thoughts on first night of competition"
I was amazed at the amount of talent, they all had better voices than any of last year's men finalists. I thought Anthony and Scott had great voices and they guaranteed themselves a spot in the final 10 which is all they needed to do. Bo's song was an easy one too sing but it was a crowd pleaser.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-22-05, 11:34 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Thoughts on first night of competition"
If they are doing themes, it will not come until the final 12, as they always do.

Overall, I was not too thrilled with the performances. But, this is the first night and they're sure to get better as they start realizing what works and what doesn't. There is a whole lot of talent in that room, but the performances were mostly blah.

Nikko, Mario, Bo, & Scott were my favorites last night (in that order). I hope Judd & Jared go home. I did not like them one bit. I fear they'll have the teeny bopper vote (a la JP, RJ, and some other former mediocre-at-best singers) and that my many votes for Nikko won't keep him around another week. He really impressed me last night (and he went first - NOT easy to do).

Anthony is annoying, I agree. He's often off-key and while at least his annunciation isn't as drastic as Clay's, his voice certainly isn't as good as Clay's. He's better than the two teeny-bopper boys, but I don't like him.

The first time I saw Bo I loved him. He was great last night. Were it not for Nikko grabbing my attention and Mario bringing me back from the dead, he'd have been my favorite. I love David but he was disappointing last night. Stupid song choice. He should be singing classic R&B/soul ballads (like he did in his initial audition with A Change is Gonna Come). Anything by Donny Hathaway or Al Green or Curtis Mayfield.

Got blog?

Petunia 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-22-05, 12:54 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Thoughts on first night of competition"
Mario, Anwar, and Bo...top 3, in my opinion. Anwar took a risk with that song, because a lot of the younger people may not have even heard of it, or may not have any connection to the song (never saw the movie). I happen to think it is a beautiful song and he did a fantastic job. He truly is very talented and seems like such a nice, humble guy. What is up with Jared's song choice? If he's out, that will definitely be the reason. It will be a tough season...they can all sing. (Poor Constantine, I like to think he was just "off" last night....such a cutie. I was rooting for him.....have you seen his smile?)

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-22-05, 01:38 PM (EST)
7. "DH's faves"
He liked Nikko & Bo followed by Anwar & David (I think he just likes Anwar's name - it's his middle name )

He hated Jared (we were both sitting there in shock when he made it to the finals - his Hollywood audition was terrifying to say the least) and Anthony.

We both sing (I'm trained, he's not) and we both liked pretty much the same things about Nikko & Bo. Nikko wasn't exciting but his voice was amazing and he has excellent control of his instrument. Bo was just awesome. DH didn't like Mario too much, but I think that's cause I told him I thought he was cute

Got blog?

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-22-05, 11:49 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Thoughts on first night of competition"
Bo suprised me last night. I thought he was much better than the rocker I had liked more up to that point - namely Constantine. Still, I hope they both make it through this round as I'd like to see more of both of them.

Anwar was amazing, I thought. He took a song I can't stand and made it into something that I really liked. I mean, Moon River is my dad's favorite song. Or maybe it's Mack the Knife. In any case, I never expected to like it, but because of Anwar, I did.

I still like Anthony. His voice reminds me of Dennis DeYoung, whom I like a lot. I didn't think Anthony did a great job last night and I hope he starts taking some risks.

My wife really liked Nikko, and I do think he sang well, but he left me cold.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-22-05, 01:34 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Thoughts on first night of competition"
i really believe this year's winner will be a boy. and if the judges get to annoint their favorite (as they did with reuben and fantasia), then i predict mario will win.

i thought the best of the evening were bo and anwar. but i voted for constantine too, just cuz

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-22-05, 03:31 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Thoughts on first night of competition"
you know what Constantine's big downfall will be?

The double chin.

Pepito 587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-22-05, 04:06 PM (EST)
9. "Constantine's Big Downfall"
I think Constantine's big downfall is that he can sing in a 'rock 'n roll' style, and when the themes start coming, it will be difficult for him. Same for Bo...

Mario is a definite contender for the title, but I hope that Anwar and David and Scott stick around for a while, as I would like to see what else they can do.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-22-05, 04:21 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Constantine's Big Downfall"
I think the top contenders - in my mind at least - are Bo, Constantine, Anwar, Mario and Scott (in no order), simply because they bring something "new" to the table.

Anthony seems like a high-school-girl favorite, but unless he raises the bar for himself and steps out on a ledge to take a risk, i don't think he'll keep the ride going.

Of course, the same can be said for the others, so what do i know.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •