The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-15-03, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
Billy Joel/Smokey Robinson night....not bad, but still I don't think anything will be toppling movie night, that one still has to be my favorite night of the competition....I love Smokey, but he's one of the judges that had some really "so what?" comments.

1. Kimberley Locke - My favorite Billy Joel song, my favorite rendition, my favorite performance of the night....my votes are headed in her direction.

2. Ruben Studdard - Awesome performance, but I agree with Simon....the thing is, he really hasn't had much of a choice to change a lot, the song categories have been pretty subjective.

3. Clay Aiken - He's on the rise after a few weeks down low, but he's still not quite what I want in an American Idol.

4. Joshua Gracin - Impressive for his voice, but he would've been more impressive if he would've sang "Shameless".

5. Trenyce - She's on the way up, but it's a slow rise.

6. Kimberly Caldwell - Not bad, but not great...she can perform much better than that, but she looks better just about every week.

7. Carmen Rasmusen - Didn't enjoy her much, she should've went last week and most likely will go this week.

This Week's Bottom Three: Carmen, Kim Caldwell, Trenyce
This Week's Bottom Two: Carmen, Kim Caldwell
This Week's Bootee: Carmen
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Cumulative Rankings.....
1. Ruben = 1.833
2. Clay = 2.667
3. Kim L. = 3.667
4. Joshua = 5
5. Trenyce = 5.5
6. Kim C. = 5.833
7. Carmen = 8.5

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 I_AM_HE 04-15-03 1
   RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 dajaki 04-16-03 19
 RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 cyclehausen 04-15-03 2
   RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 Spidey 04-15-03 5
       RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 cyclehausen 04-15-03 6
       RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 Ahtumbreez 04-16-03 14
           RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 Spidey 04-16-03 22
 RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 SaphireLady 04-15-03 3
 RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 carencey 04-15-03 4
 RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 Lisapooh 04-15-03 7
 RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 true 04-15-03 8
 RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 Bebo 04-15-03 9
 RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 katem 04-15-03 10
 RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 johnthemod 04-16-03 11
 RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 drawde236 04-16-03 12
 RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 SherpaDave 04-16-03 13
 RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 smiley 04-16-03 15
 RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 Connie E 04-16-03 16
 RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 Breezy 04-16-03 17
 RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 Schnookie Palookie 04-16-03 18
 RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 managerr 04-16-03 20
 RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 PrettyInPink 04-16-03 21
 RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 GeorgiaBelle 04-16-03 23
   RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 Lancerdude74 04-16-03 24
 RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6 PackMan 04-16-03 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-15-03, 09:10 PM (EST)
1. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-03 AT 09:16 PM (EST)

This was the first complete episode of AI I’ve ever watched, although I have to wonder why (take that how you will, but if you take it as a compliment, you'd be wrong)

1. Trenyce – others may have sung a bit better, but she had the best total package tonight

2. Ruben- yeah, a bit predictable, but it was still probably the best

3. Kim L – great look, great sound, but it just felt very uninspired

4. Clay – still one of my favorites, but I just didn’t care for the song or performance much. That said, I think paula should shut the f*** up about dancing. If I wanted to see someone do aerobics up there I’d watch stupid cheerleading contests or miss fitness america pageants on espn2. There’s nothing I hate more than some idiot prancing about on stage. He doesn’t have to stand still, but he doesn’t have to make a fool out of himself either

5. Kim C – good overall, but still not good enough to seriously challenge the top 4, even on a sub-par night, especially from clay, but from the others as well

6. Josh – by far the best I’ve heard him. That said, simon should be making his eyes closed comments HERE, and not enough to overcome his horrid attempts at singing from the past

7. Carmen – certainly the worst, but not so horrible as the judges said

GO AVS!!!

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-16-03, 10:29 AM (EST)
19. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
There’s nothing I hate more than some idiot prancing about on stage. He doesn’t have to stand still, but he doesn’t have to make a fool out of himself either

Hee Hee. The reason they (young, marginally talented performers in general) dance around so much is to drawn our attention away from the fact that they can't play instruments (not even kazoos). Boy Bands, my a$$. Bands are generally marked by the proliferation of instruments, not by the complete lack of them.

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-15-03, 09:16 PM (EST)
2. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
1. Kim Locke - flawless rendition, soulful, great look, great stage presence, and a performance that would be phenomenal in ANY circumstances. And given tonight's circumstances, it's like comparing all of the visible celestial bodies in God's heaven to six mealworms.

2. Clay - but not by much. This song did not suit him. The "surprise" tempo change apparently took HIM by surprise. He stretched his voice, and for the first time went noticeably flat. He looks doofy. But still, what are the alternatives....

3. Carmen - vocally solid. Hands down. She was nervous and shaky and still had a hint of yodel in her voice, but she was NOT flat as usual, or devoid of feeling. The judge's harsh criticisms were unwarranted. I won't lie and say it was great- but it was passable, and good for her. Hell, it was above average for the show in general.

4. Trenyce - mmmm, sweetie, there's a difference between A Minor and Random Minor. She wasn't really too off the notes, but the notes were questionable. After watching it again, I'm still torn between bad performance and bad arrangement. I'm leaning toward performance, just because of the straining. I've seen better from you, honey.

5. Ruben - SEE? DO YOU SEE WHAT HE SOUNDS LIKE WITHOUT 50 TAPED BACKUP SINGERS? It ain;t pretty. Scratchy, sharp, and the same damn performance as always. And white isn't your coulor, fat boy.

6. Kim C - ugh. Dreadful. So very bad. So much badness. The prancing pony performance. The lame singing. So flat. So bland. So so-so.

7. Josh - Dear God. I hope America loves Piano Man more than they love the Marines. Holy hell. He couldn't choose between country and pop. He couldn't hold a note without hollowing out. He couldn't stay in tune - EXCEPT at the octave change. The best part of his performance? When Ryan asked "How long do you have to hold that last note.....eight, nine bars?" I was ROFLMAO.

So there.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-03, 09:30 PM (EST)
5. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
Psst, Cycle. Might be time for your prescription refill. You sound on edge. But hilarious as usual.

Kim C - ugh. Dreadful. So very bad. So much badness. The prancing pony performance.

The image is burned into my brain: Bad singing, worse turquoise get up, flabby arms a-pointing, head flips and all. Biker Slut Barbie.

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-03, 09:50 PM (EST)
6. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
I would swear she is actually a man....

On less "proper" boards, she is known as KimBenet C_ntwell

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-03, 07:16 AM (EST)
14. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
Spidey, my arms should be so flabby! Oy!

(c) 2003 GeorgiaBelle Creations,Inc. All rights reserved
Celebrity Mole PTTE Champion

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-03, 03:40 PM (EST)
22. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
Maybe it's not so much flabby as manly and plasticine-looking. I'm telling you, she is my kid's Barbie Make-Up head after it has been defiled and possessed.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-15-03, 09:24 PM (EST)
3. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
okay here is my list.

Josh---by for the best performace of the night. He showed a change, he showed versitility, he showed that he was there to win.

Clay---showed us something alittle different, like Paula, you need to move alittle boy.

Kim L---tonight she sang. She was good, just somebody dress her.

Trenyce---really dislike her but she was better then the rest tonight.

Ruben---he is so boring. This boy needs to show us something else or go home. What he can do he does well but he did not even do that tonight.

Kim C.---Great clothes, great make up, great stage presence, with all of that going for you, please please start working on the songs. I know you can sing, but you have got to do better then you did tonight or you are going going gone.

Carmen---WOW, bad bad song choice. you sang like garbage and would never have been invited to be on AI if you had sang like that at the audition. If you get a reprieve, you need to work hard this week.

"Now I will believe that there are unicorns..." William Shakespeare; "The Tempest"

carencey 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-15-03, 09:26 PM (EST)
4. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
1. Kimberly Locke--New York State of Mind--Loved it. One little pitch bobble at the beginning I think, but the rest was great. Plus, this was by far her best performance-wise.

2. Clay--Tell Her About It--I was happy to have him get to the fast part--he really can do it! Next time, go 100% up tempo. He outsang the other guys (ooh look! a lower register!) and got off his ballad kick--and the performance quality went up with the tempo. If the whole thing had the energy of the second half, this would have been in first.

3. Josh--Piano Man--I was going to say that I didn't think he had a pop side. That said, it's far better than I expected, though one should just not sing 'Piano Man' when nowhere near a piano. He really sounded nice for most of it with a few little bobbles...the best he's sounded for weeks. Change IS good!

4. Trenyce--Baby Grand--Well, can we just put a piano on stage for some of these? That would make me feel better. She just doesn't quite have the 'it' that she had at the beginning...and Paula, it was not subtle, if anything, a little over the top. That said, Simon is right--she does versatility better than just about anyone else so far, and Randy was right too--there were some pitch issues.

5. Ruben--Just the Way You Are--This was the worst I've heard out of Ruben yet--and he still gets the free pass from 3 of 4 judges. Simon was exactly right about the lack of versatility, and he didn't even call Ruben on the (uncharacteristic for him) funky pitches and raggedness in the low register. That said, at his worst--well, he's still ahead of Kim C and Carmen.

6. Kimberly Caldwell--Still Rock and Roll to Me--I actually liked her take on it, though I hated the background. The little pitch wobbles keep it from being up at the top, but that one's a toughie for pitches. There was a really weird breath thing on the last phrase too. Simon is now recycling jabs.

7. Carmen--And So It Goes--I think she didn't know this song before tonight--not that I know it well either. But the pitches were all wrong, and I can't really think of much that was right. Simon, it was bad, but don't make the girl cry on national TV.

I don't know when they switch to bottom two, so I'll go ahead and pick my bottom three--Ruben, Kim C, Carmen. No way Ruben should go--this was a weak week, but he deserves to still be top two IMHO. I think the audience will put Trenyce at the bottom rather than Ruben, and Carmen should go (like I said last week).

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-03, 10:40 PM (EST)
7. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
Kim L. - so understated and strong. I hope she's not in trouble - her bottom dwelling is inexplicable to me. she's among the cream of the crop and gives it her best every week. Looked like an idol tonight too.

Trenyce - I can't decide if I like her or not. I loved the torchy thing she did tonight - she performs the song rather than simply siging it. Some weeks it works, some weeks it seems kitschy and out of place. It worked tonight. Her smile lights up the room too.

Clay - finally I get what is bothering me with Clay. And I got it at the same time Simon did. Watching him sing up tempo and do that little thing with his mouth, I said "oh my heck - that's so Barry Manilow"! Hey, you can have quite a career being Barry Manilow - but I don't want Clay to fall into that trap. I liked how he tried to make it his own. Clay is bullet-proof right now anyway.

Carmen - It wasn't that bad. I kind of dug it actually. She is versatile and is trying. How many of the rest of them actually try something different and embrace the genre each week? She's fearless and maybe it's the mommy in me, but bless her heart. Simon got her into this and is just so brutal to her. And I thought her zits were so cute!

Ruben - a big dive for Ruben this week. Honestly, it's getting a little old. And the shiny forehead was unnerving. I *heart* Ruben, truly. I just want to see him stop phoning it in.

Kim C. what is with the arm pointing? what is with the shouting instead of singing? what is with the hair flip? what is with the doe-see-doe kicks? Go away already. And for God's sake, stop showing us your belly button ok?

Josh - you suck Dawg. Seriously. You suck. A lot. He is the most uninspiring, boring singer on the face of the earth. It bears repeating....Josh sucks

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-03, 10:52 PM (EST)
8. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
I missed Kim C's performance (and from reading the reviews here, guess I should be glad) so I won't rank her.

1. Kim L.- I thought her performance was, by far the best of the night. I also think she looked much better than usual. (and I've voted for her 47 times so far, so she better not be out this week.)

2. Josh- He did a great job with a song that I didn't think any of them could touch. It also helped that he didn't look constipated when he sang it.

3. Clay- I am so in agreement with Simon on Clay. It almost looks like he is singing for the deaf. The way his mouth moves so slowly and precicely to form each word exactly. It's waaay distracting, but if I close my eyes, he sounds great.

4. Reuben- Glad he's stayed away from the jersey. I think he's adorable, kinda teddy bear like. His smile is infectous, and his personality shines on stage. I just thought he didn't sound too great tonight, kinda raspy and scratchy.

5. Trenyce- She was ok, she just doesn't do it for me. She seems the same every week, not bad, but not great.

6. Carmen- That had to be the worst performance ever on this program, this season or last! Yes, it was that bad. And that dress? OMH! That thing had to be the ugliest most unflattering, mess I've ever seen. Can't wait to hear what Larry has to say about that!!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-03, 11:38 PM (EST)
9. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
The Vote Worthy:

1. Kimberly L. - Perfect song for her and she nailed it. I voted for her a lot tonight.

2. Clay - He listened, he tried something different, and he sounded quite good compared to most of the others. Yes, Simon is right about the mouth thing. But you know? I DON'T CARE. The man can sing, and he has more than a 5 note range. He paid attention and showed some versatility outside the ballads. Was he completely comfortable with that? No, but hey, he's willing to step outside his comfort zone and grow. Again, a reason for me to dial in multiple times.

Didn't Vote, Didn't Hate:

3. Ruben - Ends up this high on default this week. The worst performance by far for him. Yes, he showed some vocal range, and he also showed quite a bit of scratchiness as he went for it. And thank you Simon for finally pointing out that Ruben is predictable! Clay has the better vocal range, so I'm no longer ready to hand the competition to Ruben on a silver platter. And I can't wait for Larry to skewer his bland, bland outfit choice, especially when everyone's favorite geek dared to wear a bright blue shirt under his black jacket tonight.

4. Trenyce - I love the song she picked, but don't love what she did to it. It didn't show off her talent the way it could have. Still, I give her credit for trying to make it her own. I was just hoping she'd sing, well...like Kim L. this week. If Trenyce had picked a song like "Honesty", she could have nailed it. This was just not good enough for me to want Trenyce to be in the endgame. If this is what she intends to do for the rest of the competition, she better be prepared to be spending lots of time sweating at center stage during the results show. Oh, I'm sorry, she won't sweat, she'll glow.

Go Home Already:

5. Joshua - Piano man? Nah, didn't work for me. Strange pitch issues throughout the song. He's just not a "la da diddy da" man. And it bothers me that he countrifies every song now. Why couldn't he just sing this one straight, like he was singing at his auditions? I'm going to start calling him the Rhinestone Marine if he keeps this up. Still, I can see the votes are divided on him this week, and I'm sure he still has a strong enough following to survive.

6. Carmen - I love this song, but I thought it was the wrong song for her. She doesn't have the confident presence to pull off such a simple, uncomplicated song that exposes the singer that much. Pitch was all over the place, and she kept running out of breath. But at least she made an attempt to be interesting.

7. Kimberley C. - No. No. No. Couldn't handle the low notes, was boring during the other parts. I keep waiting for her to pull out her baton and twirl it during her performance. Or maybe she'll come out on a unicycle (although that would make pointing difficult). Six Flags? She'd be lucky to get hired there.

The bottom 3 will probably be: Trenyce, Carmen, Kimberley C.
I think Ms. Caldwell may finally be shedding the mascara for her own farewell.

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-15-03, 11:57 PM (EST)
10. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
I enjoyed this week. It was pretty good. Here we go:

1. Kim L. PHENOMENAL !!!!! Loved her. She looked great as well.

2. Clay. Finally he stopped the ballads. He was great.

3. Ruben. He sounded great, but he sounds the same. Thank goodness Simon FINALLY told him. He sooooooo bores me.

4. Joshua. He dared do Piano Man. It was not great, but it was not bad. I actually enjoyed most of it. He looked chunkier than ever.

5. Kim C. Not surprised she sang "Still Rock & Roll To Me". I liked it.

6. Trenyce. I thought he was pitchy, I just did not get it. It was dull.

7. Carmen. I actually felt soooooo bad for her. I don't think that is anything I could say, that would make my opinion sound less than nasty, so I will just put her last and that's that.

My picks for bottom three: Carmen, Trenyce and Kim C.
OUT: FINALLY Carmen !!!!!

(c) 2002, 03 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

johnthemod 423 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-16-03, 00:56 AM (EST)
11. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
1. Kimberley Locke (9,5,3,1,4) - excellent performance, right on, one of the best of the competition, she's sneaking her way into a possibly number two pick for my over Trenyce. Looked incredible as well, can we say Diva of the Week?

2. CLAY AIKEN (1,2,1,6,1) - nice work with the up tempo, way to try something new. Simon had a great point about the facial expressions, listen to him.

3. Ruben Studdard (8,3,4,4,2) - solid performance...should keep the hats, not a fan of how much he sweats from one song, think about an entire performance? They'll have to mop up the stage.

4. Trenyce (2,1,7,2,3) - nice performance, a little over sung at parts, but like simon said, way to make it her own.

5. Kimberly Caldwell (4,4,2,5,8) - slight comeback from last week, but not enough to save her. She loses some of her performance energy every week.

6. Joshua Gracin (7,6,9,8,5) - not horrible, not very good either, really don't enjoy watching him sing. Would love for him to go this week, but it seems much more likely it will be one of the blondes.

7. Carmen Rasmussen (12,11,8,3,7) - doesn't look too hot for Carmen in my overall rankings..this was one of her worst weeks, I'd like to see her go, but don't really care whether it's her, Kim C. or Josh, as long as it's one of them and not my final four.

RIP
Vanessa Olivarez (3)
Charles Grigsby (10,7)
Julia DeMato (6,8,5)
Corey Clark (5,10,10)
Rickey Smith (11,9,6,7,6)

drawde236 317 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-16-03, 02:36 AM (EST)
12. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
I enjoyed this week, but am wondering where they got this Billy Joel footage? He didn't have a comment for each song, just a choice few.

1. Kimberley L--Bravo! Confident, sultry and alluring. Made the song her own. Her star is on the rise and I cannot explain why she is always in the bottom three.

2. Trenyce--I really like Trenyce, but this week, she shed the Whitney/Celine albatross and was herself. Yes, she may have overdid it a bit, but who cares. She was fierce!

3. Josh--I may be in trouble for placing him this high, but the nasal twang is gone and he sounded quite refreshing to me.

4. Clay--Someone please explain to me why I keep envisioning the Aflac commercial with Wayne Newton everytime Clay sings. Another issue with Clay, at first I was distracted by Clay's huge feet, but now it's that mouth thing he does. Thanks, Simon.

5. Ruben--Not bad, not good, just outsung by 4 other people. Slipping into same rut Clay was in.

6. Kimberly McKibben--She'll stick around another week. She is so much better than Nikki, but blows it week after week with shoddy song choices and even worse performances.

7. Carmen--I could barely hear her. Distracted by the dress. Looked out of place compared to the rest of the field.

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-03, 03:40 AM (EST)
13. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
1. Kim L. - right on, sistah. She even LOOKED right for the song.

2. Trenyce - even though she was a bit off tonight in places, she still sells it and makes me moist every week.

3. Ruben - sounded a bit hoarse tonight. Didn't think it was the best choice of a song for him. He's capable of so much better.

4. Clay - he's only this high because everyone below him is so completely uninspired. Here's my deal with Clay. Yes, he has a good voice. But you know what kind of voice he has? A Broadway voice. So go away and start doing vocals for Disney cartoons already. Seriously, I cringe every time I look at that twitchy face. And the voice, while I think it's very good, is much better suited to understudying Matthew Broderick in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" than it is to the radio. There. I said it. Go ahead and disagree. I dare you.

5. Kim C. - she doesn't deserve to be this high. She was bland. But she was on key, at least.

6. Carmen - I'm actually not sure if she was off-key so much as her voice just wasn't anywhere near the microphone about 50% of the time, which caused some really strange fluctuations in volume. Very odd performance. Some folks can get away with not holding the microphone. She's not one of 'em.

7. Josh - Holy crap, was he bad. Bad, bad, bad. Know what I hate? This guy's gonna get a free ride on pro-war votes for a while now, and if it wasn't for that, he'd probably be gone by now. If talent were the only factor, this'd be the week he'd be gone. As it is, I fully expect to see his Kaopectate-needing face til the bitter (forgive the pun) end. Ick.

Criminals From the Neck Up

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-03, 08:00 AM (EST)
15. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
Kind of an up and down week i think.

By far the best this week was Kim L. I think her voice is amazing and I don't think she has deserved to be in the bottom 3 at all yet.

I saw something on inside edition (i think). they were saying that the producers pretty much know who is going to be the final two based on the voting thus far. The show said this was going to be Ruben and Clay...no surprises there.

Anywho.....the worst performers tonight were Kim C and Carmen....oh Carmen what the heck were you wearing. Simon was right on when he said she looked like a little girl standing up in front of her parents at the end of dinner to sing.

I liked Ruben, Clay, Trenyce....not sure about Joshua..it was ok but the country twang can get old.

Connie E 117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-16-03, 08:35 AM (EST)
16. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
OK, my picks....

1. Kim L- As Smokey said, you can SANGGGG, girl. I am mystified that you've EVER been in the bottom three. And please, please, Larry, Diva of the Week, ok? Looked and sounded GREAT.

2. Clay- Love that song, liked Clay doing it. Love the Geek!

3. Reuben- wasn't as good as in past weeks, but still above all the others on this list.

4. Josh- Like the rest of the country, I was expecting "Shameless". But he did a decent job on "Piano Man". I just DON'T like watching this guy sing.

5. Kim C- KNEW she would choose this song. Thought she would do it better. I remember hearing her perform "Supersititon" in the auditions, and being SO impressed. What's happened to THAT girl?

6. Lashundra- Go home.

7. Carmen- PLEASE, PLEASE, America, send this poor child home. She's outclassed and I think the strain is killing her. She gets "worser and worser" each week.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-03, 09:20 AM (EST)
17. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
Love Billy Joel.....

1. Kim L- That was fantastic, she can sing!
2. Clay- Loved it.
3. Josh- only because he stretched himself.
4. Ruben- I do not get the draw with him.
5. Kim C- she could do soooo much better.
6. Trenyce- Don't like her.
7. Carmen- that was painful!

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-03, 10:20 AM (EST)
18. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
1. Kim L: Love her voice, she's looking good. She picked the perfect song to sing.

2. Clay: Love his voice but it's getting old. Simon is right. Clay is a joy to listen to with my eyes closed.

3. Trenyce: Didn't like her performance too much but she was better than my choices below.

4. Ruben: He's only this high because again, he's better than my choices below. Love his voice but I'm tired of him. Same old - same old. Glad to see he's shucked the 205 shirts though.

5. Josh: Wow I actually liked his singing last night. No twang. Still, he doesn't belong in this competition, and, stop making those faces!!!

6. Carmen: Pitiful performance and what was up with that outfit? I think she'll stick around because of her fan base.

7. Kim C: YUCK! Never liked her. They say she looks confident ... I say she looks cocky! She yells out the songs. She should go this week.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-16-03, 10:32 AM (EST)
20. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
1. Clay - One of his best performances in awhile.
2. Kim C - I surprisingly liked it.
3. Kim L - Didn't like the song, but she did great singing it.
4. Ruben - A few of his vocal flaws came out in this song.
5. Trenyce - Boy, she gets worse and worse every week.
6. Carmen - Took a risk and it totally backfired.
7. Josh - Almost as bad as "celebrate". The judges were on crack for praising that awful performance. Josh, if you are going to do pop, stick to ballads.

PrettyInPink 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-16-03, 11:24 AM (EST)
21. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-03 AT 11:48 AM (EST)

1. Kim Locke - Knocked it outta the ballpark, it's over the fence, it's going, going GONE, and K-LO ROUNDS THE BASES AND HEADS FOR HOME PLATE!!! SLIDE, K-LO, SLIIIIDE!!!! In other words - Stellar! Just perfect perfect perfect!

2. Clay - I haven't been posting here very long. In fact, this is my first AI2 love list. But had I made previous lists, you'd see my Sweet Baby Clay at the top of every one of them! But not this week! WOOF... did that make me all sorts of unhappy! First of all, "Tell Her About It" and "Uptown Girl" mark the period of 1983 for me when I personally feel that Billy Joel went totally commercial. I hate anything he did after that period, and I love anything he did before. So, "Tell Her About It" has long been on my "Sh*t List" as far as BJ is concerned! That was the first thing that killed me. Second thing was that I simply hated the way he did that cheesey "Starting off slow, then SURPRISE! Now we go fast!" thing! I'm glad he did an uptempo song, but I just wish he'd started that way, because the slow/fast thing is sooo Lounge Lizard, and I love Clay soooo much! I also couldn't stand the whole Vegas-ey, finger snapping thing! Now that I've gotten all THAT off my chest, I will say he sounded amazing, as he always does, and he looked fabulous! Sharpest dressed I've ever seen him since the wildcard show! So, I hate putting my sweet baby at #2, but I was just so not happy with his ass last night!

3. Trenyce - Girlfriend did really well! I didn't find her to be pitchy at all! I thought it was a great improvement over previous weeks, and she looked stunning!

4. Ruben - Meh...I'm just so unimpressed with him, I can't even rank him lower because Caldwell, Carmen and Josh were so bad. But the big man does nothing for me. He's got a great voice, but I wouldn't recognize him if I heard him on the radio the way I would Clay. And regardless of how diplomatic Simon was, it was nice to see a liiittle teensy bit of Ruben Smackdown from him! Because, let's face it, within the context of Simon comments - "Clay, you sound fabulous, but your facial expressions are a bit distracting because your voice is so great!" is worlds better than "Ruben, I'm tired of the Barry White thing week after week. I knew you were going to do that song before I even heard you sing, because you've gotten predictable. You need to start stretching and doing something different." LOVED IT, in the most evil way!

5. Josh - Meh...boring. You're not the Piano Man. I know the Piano Man, the Piano Man is a friend of mine, and YOU SIR, are no Piano Man!

6. Kim Caldwell - Yeah, I know, you're always trying to prove you're a rock chick by shouting your song at us and stomping around the stage, but just because you did a song with "Rock and Roll" in the title doesn't make it so. You were flat where you weren't pitchy. You were pitchy where you weren't flat. And your scary mother was back in the audience frightening the children again.

7. Carmen - *Sigh....* I like this kid. She's a terrible singer, and that's on a consistent basis, but there's something about that girl I've taken a shine to. Maybe it is the fact that she's so cute, how can you hate her? But dear sweet God, she was awful last night! Baby Girl, if you get sent home tonight, what can I say? You should maaaaaybe possibly perchance think of taking up....oh, I dunno, print modeling, where you don't have to sing. Because you *are* such an unbelievably pretty girl, and you seem very sweet and polite as well, but the voice, Carmen! The voice! Just...stop. Don't do it. Okay?

"His name is Blane??? That's a major appliance, that's not a name!!"

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-03, 06:57 PM (EST)
23. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
1. Kim L. - Wonderful, excellent and any other similar adjective.

2/3. Ruben - Great sound, but I am just tried of his performances. Must agree with Katem and Simon here.

2/3. Clay - Great song and sounds great. He is tied with Ruben in my critique this week.

4. Kim C. - Fun song and I like her better than the rest.

5. Josh - Sorry Josh I like ya, but I did not care for the way you sang. Plus dear that outfit did not do a lot for your figure. Just saying, that is all.

6. Trenyce - Only slightly better than Carmen. ONLY slightly!

7. Carmen - Sorry sugar, I don't you did very well this week and I think it just may be your week to go!

My picks for bottom three: Carmen, Trenyce and Josh.

OUT: Carmen (sorry hon, the rest are just too good)

***Because I can - Ryan - I like to look at him and listen to him. He is cute He looks so tiny next to Ruben each week.***

Lancerdude74 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-16-03, 07:57 PM (EST)
24. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
Not bad of a week, but not the best. Here goes:

1) Kim L. - She gets better every week and this is the best she's ever looked too. If this can't keep her out of the bottom 3, nothing can.

2) Josh - He's still my guy and he sounded good. Wish he would have done "Shameless" though.

3) Clay - It was better than the last couple of weeks. I think we may soon see some personality coming out of him.

4) Trenyce - Not really her style, but she did the best she could with it. Good job.

5) Ruben - Sounded great as usual, but he sounds the same every week. At least someone finally criticized him.

6) Kim C. - Not her worst week, but probably her last. She's had kind of a roller coaster ride on AI, which should set her up well for her future career.

7) Carmen - Sorry honey, that was awful.

Cumulative Rankings:

1) Josh 1.83
2) Clay 2.83
3) Kim L. 3.67
4) Trenyce 4.00
5) Ruben 4.33
6) Kim C. 6.00
7) Carmen 7.33

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-03, 08:32 PM (EST)
25. "RE: AI2 Critique List, v.2.6"
Getting these in at the last minute, so I'm not going to spend a lot of time on each.

Clay - My boy! Even with the goofy eye thing he's got going on, he still shines.

Ruben - Number 2 on my list this week. I'm glad he got rid of the jersey, but Barry White's got to sho some range.

Kim L - Rising star. She's got talent, but I don't think America will allow her to go much further.

Trenyce - Getting tired of her Whitney act.

Josh - Could someone please get this boy some Ex-Lax. He looks like he's in pain.

Kim C - Fake smile, fake tears, and fake idol. It's almost time for you to go. And tonight could be your night.

Carmen - Ouch. She was pretty awful, but Simon's comments were even worse.

Okay, gotta go. Show's starting.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •