The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Trish hired by the producers?!?!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-06-04, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Trish hired by the producers?!?!"
I have seen mention of this topic in several threads but don't see one that is specifically discussing the possiblity of this theory. I'd like to start with some reasoning as to why I think this is true.

First, Trish is a model and ABC could have hired her saying that it may further her career by giving her so much camera time. They also may have known that Jesse would be initially taken with her since she is so (outwardly) pretty.

Next, the producers know they have a spy in the house. Now how fun would it be for the spy to say "I like all the girls, they are all great!" No one wants to hear that. That doesn't make for good ratings or get people talking.

So they have Trish say all sorts of outrageous things. Like I've slept with a married man before, I've slept with two women (who were married at the time), I'm a golddigger, I've slept with over 30 men, etc. Then the spy has lots to report back to Jesse.

Even if a women has done all those things in real life she is not going to say so on nation wide tv! Why would she admit to all these things to girls she just met?

Lastly, not only has Trish been given more camera time than probably even Jesse, she is now being allowed to come back to the show.

This really seems like a staged event. For instance, we all know the producers would have had to fly her to Jesse's location, given her the address of where he and Mandy are having their date, etc.

It's not like she just walked back into the house after being dumped. She was given lots of help by the producers to show back up. All to gain viewers and increase ratings.

Now granted she could just be a gold digging, hoochie mama, but my gut is telling me that this was all set up beforehand to gather ratings.

What do you guys think?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?... calamityc 05-06-04 1
   RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?... pmspml5 05-06-04 2
   RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?... Sweater_Puffs 05-06-04 17
 RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?... Tiggertramp 05-06-04 3
   RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?... schmoe 05-06-04 4
       RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?... Tiggertramp 05-06-04 5
           RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?... sisyphus 05-06-04 6
               RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?... RealityAddict 05-06-04 10
           RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?... Sweater_Puffs 05-06-04 16
               RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?... Tiggertramp 05-07-04 20
                   RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?... Sweater_Puffs 05-07-04 21
   RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?... Pamselfish 05-06-04 7
       RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?... Tiggertramp 05-06-04 11
 Trish on all three dates? Pensha26 05-06-04 8
   That would be funny! KScott 05-06-04 9
   RE: Trish on all three dates? Sweater_Puffs 05-06-04 15
 Yes TenPin 05-06-04 12
   RE: Yes Sweater_Puffs 05-06-04 14
 RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?... Sweater_Puffs 05-06-04 13
   RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?... Spidey 05-06-04 18
       RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?... Sweater_Puffs 05-07-04 22
 RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?... Norcalfella 05-07-04 19
   RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?... Sweater_Puffs 05-07-04 23
       RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?... escapedude 05-07-04 24
           Friends Sweater_Puffs 05-08-04 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-06-04, 12:18 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?!"
Well reasoned, and probably right on "demoney". I think it has been commented several times that this is more the "Trish Show". I think we ought to start calling reality shows imitation of reality shows. The producers obviously don't think their original premise is good enough and feel the need to script them up.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-06-04, 01:04 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?!"
I dont this she was hired from the beginning but they realized what a ratings gold mine she is and flew with it afterward.

Sweater_Puffs 269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-06-04, 06:16 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?!"
Maybe the producers just want to re-enact their own love lives just to see how main stream people would have handled the same situation in a genuine artificial semi-reality nonreality show.

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 01:34 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?!"
I'm sorry, but what kind of conversation would that be...

Trish: "I need you to tell me where they are, I don;t care what it takes, I need to see him?"

Sorry, even for Trish it's too desperate, and ABC would open themselves up for a lawsuit by inadvertently allowing her access to the show. So, what is better than actually writting into the script? It reads better like this:

Producers: "Trish, so far you have done really well, the camera loves you, America hates you. How about next week, we fly you in to try to break up dinner with Mandy Jaye as he really doesn't have that great of a connection with her, but we haven't let the audience see that because the show HAS been all about YOU. So, we will add more drama by throwing you into the mix, wadda you say??"

Ummhmm Hired help I say. It seems way too obvious. It has seemed that way since the Trish show began during the "I never" game. You are right, this hasn't been about getting to know about Jesse and his dates, it's about creating drama with Trish and initally Jenny.

Well done ABC you fooled everyone.

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

schmoe 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-06-04, 02:00 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?!"
Producers: "Trish, so far you have done really well, the camera loves you, America hates you.

The filming was complete before the show started airing. The producers could only suspect America would hate her. They had no way of knowing for sure.

05-06-04, 02:11 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-04 AT 02:19 PM (EST)

They knew how it would play out, they wouldn;t actually say either that "America hates you" to her. It's a matter of how are they going to get the highest rating, how do they play at the hearts of the public.

How do they get people to chant Jerry Jerry Jerry! On the stupid Jerry Springer show? They have the lesbian mother sleep with her daughter's 14 year old boyfriend and find out she's pregnant by him, THAT'S how! For the shock value and the ratings.

I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

sisyphus 321 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-06-04, 02:50 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?!"
I will have to agree with the views expressed here....but I feel that trish was hired by ABC from the beginning to create drama. I have looked at the application on ABC and you just about have sign away the rights to your first born inorder to get on the show...They interview family and friend and possible enemies who knows....and the fact that it is known that trish has a problem getting along with other girls she was the perfect candidate for the job.

They knew Jesse would have a spy so they put in place someone who would give the spy something nasty to take back to jesse...they also knew from prior experience and from interviewing jesse, friends and family what would attract his attention...and so the hooked him.

Now they have the opportunity to create more drama by letting her back into the game....

This was all a set up and we as viewers got caught up in it and will be watching the next episode to see what transpires....now isn't that the object of the network .....to attract viewers.

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-06-04, 03:15 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?!"
>They interview family and friend and
>possible enemies who knows....and the
>fact that it is known
>that trish has a problem
>getting along with other girls
>she was the perfect candidate
>for the job.

I think I agree with you sis...at first I thought it would be a stretch to think that ABC sought out a "bad girl" to shake things up, BUT that makes perfect sense. They do these background checks and look for someone who could be a potential problem. If ABC wanted things all lovey-dovey with the girls then they never would choose someone who has had problems with other girls for decades (per Trish's sister...weird!).

05-06-04, 06:09 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?!"
How do they get people to chant Jerry Jerry Jerry! On the stupid Jerry Springer show? They have the lesbian mother sleep with her daughter's 14 year old boyfriend and find out she's pregnant by him, THAT'S how! For the shock value and the ratings.

Don't forget the follow-up show where they test half the population of LA to figure out the REAL paternity of the lesbian's mother's child.

Tigger! Tigger! Tigger!

05-07-04, 10:43 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?!"
It WASN'T ME gol dang! I swear! I am not nearly that trashy, and don't even play one on TV!

05-07-04, 06:31 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?!"
I know. I just liked your comment. Cute glow worm BTW!

Pamselfish 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-06-04, 02:56 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?!"
Well said, Tiggertramp. That Trish's part has been scripted is really obvious to me.

My question, though, is how much Jesse was a part of the script. Has he been playing along with The Trish Show to boost the ratings, or is he really a clueless lug.

I'm even wondering now about Jenny S. Was she aware that this show was really all about Trish, not her friend Jesse, and she played her part for the ratings? On the one hand she seemed genuinely remorseful that she had lied to the unsuspecting girls in the house - but she lied whether she was acting or for real. I know the first time she had alone time with Jesse, I came out of the conversation thinking "Huh?" She didn't say even a fraction of what she could have, and she was more mild mannered about what she had to say than I would have expected.
Also, maybe it was in the editing, but she seemed to only report to him on Trish. I think I remember her briefly saying something to Jesse about Tara, Karen, and maybe Suzie, but nothing about Mandy, Jessica B or any of the other girls.

I'd love to know if you all think Jesse and Jenny S were also being played, or if they too were players.

05-06-04, 04:20 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?!"
Jenny had time to give her 2 cents about all of the girls, not just to fill him in on what a b!tch Trish is, we just didn't see it due to editting. Just like we haven't seen any of the actual conversations or actual good times that may be had with any of the other girls Jesse is dating besides Trish.

It's all in the editting.

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-06-04, 03:10 PM (EST)
8. "Trish on all three dates?"
I agree with you all about Trish. My question is:

Is she going to crash just Mandy J's date or is she going to crash all of the dates?

I do not think it would be fair to Mandy J if she just crashed that date. I think it will also be even better to see Jesse's face the second and third time she just happens to stop by. After all, isn't that what a stalker does?

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 03:11 PM (EST)
9. "That would be funny!"
I can just see ABC making it happen also!

- of course it's a Slicey!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

05-06-04, 06:03 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Trish on all three dates?"
...or is she going to crash all of the dates?

You should write for soap operas!

TenPin 263 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 05:01 PM (EST)
12. "Yes"
Simply stated, Jesse was allowed to have his ringer, and ABC has theirs. My only question is how much did Jesse know about this upfront. Has he been receiving encouragement to keep Trish in the mix until the final three? IMHO By this point most of the previous “contestants” have already made their mind up on the final two to decide from. As a result they have a spot or two to fill with an extra person. Why not encourage the Bachelor to keep a drama queen for ratings.

Take a look at the track record… all of the previous couples, except the big DAW Trista , have broke up. Just look at the last Bachelor…The show has been very unsuccessful in getting people together. ABC needed to create a buzz and they used insiders to provide some drama.

My wife watches this show and I am too lazy to move into the other room when this show comes on. After last night, from now on I just get up and go to bed.

TenPin

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intellegent, but the most responsive to change."
Charles Darwin

05-06-04, 06:01 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Yes"
"My wife watches this show and I am too lazy to move into the other room when this show comes on. After last night, from now on I just get up and go to bed."

Too funny! I'd love to be a fly on your wall!

05-06-04, 05:58 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?!"
It's a real possibility. They may be trying to test "the one" Jesse is interested in as to how she would deal with a situation like that in real life.

As a celebrity, Jesse is vulnerable to such attacks, and just as soon as he has found someone, an ex-girlfriend could be standing in line just waiting to try and sabotage the realtionship.

The sabotage theory also holds true for one of Jesse's good male friends who feels threatened by his new love interest, especially if it takes Jesse's time away from his buddy (at least in the eyes of his male friend).

I know, you take a look at Trish and think, how could anyone be so stupid? She's letting out all this dirt on national TV foolishly thinking it wont make its way back to Jesse, and who chose her in the first place? Now Trish has this "I always get what I want" thing in her head, thinking that's going to get Jesse back in her life, she's only kidding herself, and whereas before she only looked like a golddigging idiot, now she looks like a psychopathic golddigging idiot. Where's her self esteem?

Did she ever have any intention of telling Jesse about her past? If she did that after he chose her at the end, that would be such a dishonest way with which to start a relationship, and it would mean sudden death when he found out.... and oh yes... they always find out.

The way Trish thinks is so out of whack. She blames the other contestants for being catty and immature little girls just because they call her on her seedy personality, lack of values, and hidden agendas. She plays the "poor me" game stating she's been persecuted like this all of her life never stopping to consider for one moment that her critics might have a point.

Then they show Trish offering Jesse her room card as if he's going to give into a one night stand on national TV and her love charms will save the day.... not! She's gonna need therapy... a truck load.

This is very pathetic. I feel sorry, in a strange way, for Trish because she is so absolutely clueless and fixed.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-06-04, 11:30 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?!"
that would be such a dishonest way with which to start a relationship, and it would mean sudden death when he found out.... and oh yes... they always find out.

Oh crap.

J/k, he knows all. Stayed anyway, the hapless soul.

05-07-04, 06:33 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?!"
Your secret is out Spidey. No one to play with no more, no more.

Okay, maybe a little Mr. Potato Head Twister, nice trap door! He's got some junk in the trunk! HA!

Norcalfella 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-07-04, 07:00 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?!"
Good theory, I'm sure a lot of folks will agree with that assessment. Without Trish this show would have been absolutely unwatchable, wouldn't it?

http://www.small.to/article.php/2004050620003660

05-07-04, 06:35 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?!"
She IS the one we love to hate.

I think this series may be stalled for a while. I still can't believe they are bringing back For Love or Money on NBC.

escapedude 250 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 10:29 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Trish hired by the producers?!?!"
I am starting not to like this "Bachelor" series..How is it any different than a soap opera..If you are going to call yourself a reality show then be it.
Honestly i would rather watch an "Average Joe" type show cause at least they are poking fun at the whole thing..
Obviously this whole thing or at least parts are very contrived. I dont think this show will air much longer..
BTW what did everyone think of the "Freinds" finale? LOL

05-08-04, 04:55 PM (EST)
25. "Friends"
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-04 AT 05:02 PM (EST)

It was cute! They wouldn't have been able to take the twins home that same day though, unrealistic, but ya know about TV land.

There's also thread over in Non-Reality TV Shows forum.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •