The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Just curious...what makes some of you think Matthew is a country boy?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

angie1 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-27-04, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Just curious...what makes some of you think Matthew is a country boy?"
Being from the South and being a country boy are 2 different things. I'm not attacking anyone by any means, I'm just curious. Since I basically live right down the street from his hometown. And I am definitely a city girl!! I can't remember if he acted like he was from the country or not. I'll have to go back and watch the tapes. Now, Lanny...he definitely is a country boy.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Just curious...what makes some ... RealityAddict 02-27-04 1
   RE: Just curious...what makes some ... angie1 02-27-04 2
       RE: Just curious...what makes some ... RealityAddict 02-27-04 3
           RE: Just curious...what makes some ... angie1 02-27-04 4
               RE: Just curious...what makes some ... paperclip 03-03-04 5
                   RE: Just curious...what makes some ... Shereebie 03-03-04 6
                       RE: Just curious...what makes some ... paperclip 03-03-04 7
 RE: Just curious...what makes some ... heather_ridge 03-05-04 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-27-04, 04:37 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Just curious...what makes some of you think Matthew is a country boy?"
I think people are just referring to Matthew as "country" b/c he is from the South...but I agree that they are certainly 2 different things. I'm from the South, but wouldn't describe myself as "country"...however, I would say I'm more country than someone from New York! YEE-HAW!!! Just kidding...

02-27-04, 04:43 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Just curious...what makes some of you think Matthew is a country boy?"
I guess that could be it. They were referring to him being a country boy and how Meredith is such a city girl. Shoot....Houston is a big city and it's only 15-20 min. from Friendswood. In fact, I work in downtown Houston. I guess it's not the city life like New York but neither is Portland.

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 04:54 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Just curious...what makes some of you think Matthew is a country boy?"
Makes you wonder if people think everyone in the South rides horses and...sorry Lanny...works on a horse farm!?!?

02-27-04, 05:04 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Just curious...what makes some of you think Matthew is a country boy?"
Actually, that was my point. I think it's a stereotype. However, just because he's from Friendswood, Texas doesn't mean he's not a city boy. In fact, downtown Houston is the happenin'(Southern talk-LOL) scene right now for singles. I am sure he has been known to hang out there quite a bit. I wonder if they said he was from Houston if that would have made a difference? Basically, Friendswood is Houston - just a suburb. Most of our everyday life that we live involves shopping, eating, hanging out in Houston. In fact, just 5 min. up the street from him, is the Houston city limits.

Angela

paperclip 6 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-04, 01:28 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Just curious...what makes some of you think Matthew is a country boy?"
Does he currently live in Friendswood, or that is where the mother's house was, (or both)? I don't think anyone is stereotying the South. I think that his mother's house seemed a little bit out in the country...it could have been the way they carefully filmed. I don't recall if you could see any nearby houses when the panned the camera out or not, but I do recall lots of space, tree swing, etc. It just looked like they may live out in the country. "Out in the country" as defined by me meaning having some space, not the typical, crammed in, only 10 feet from your neighbor's house set up.

Shereebie 391 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-04, 04:39 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Just curious...what makes some of you think Matthew is a country boy?"
His mother lives in Friendswood, but the place Meredith was at was his father's place, which is in Fredericksburg. That's about two hours, give or take, outside the city.

I agree with Angie - Matt's not a country boy.

paperclip 6 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-04, 10:00 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Just curious...what makes some of you think Matthew is a country boy?"
Thanks, shereebie. I hadn't realized that.

heather_ridge 2 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-04, 02:36 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Just curious...what makes some of you think Matthew is a country boy?"
I think being in pharmaceutical sales gives us a hint that he's definitely in tune with the city!! A lot of people in Texas have a place (home) in the city, and a weekend place in the country. I believe they were at his dad's "weekend" or "getaway" place because i think Matt told Meredith that this was a special place and he didn't bring many people there. Lanny's life is the ranch and horse business that the family runs. That ranch is worth millions and he would probably care less about being called a country boy!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •