The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ABC is cheap with Meredith and Ian"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

havucentral 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-27-04, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"ABC is cheap with Meredith and Ian"
I can't believe how much money they spent on Trisha and Ryan's pink wedding, but just gave Meredith and Ian a trip to Brazil. It's much more exciting to watch Meredith and Ian. Meredith and Ian seems so natural together. I think she made a daring decision. I totally respect her decision. I'm tired of people bashing Ian and feeling sorry for Matthew. Matthew should have realized before joining the show that there is only room for 1 winner.

Congrats again to Meredith and Ian. Erin and Chad and Meredith and Ian are my favorite reality show couple!

I hope there will be a show to give me updates on all these couples.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: ABC is cheap with Meredith and ... qwertypie 02-27-04 1
   Cheap dates, too. RealityAddict 02-27-04 2
       RE: Cheap dates, too. qwertypie 02-27-04 3
       Break the bank? Not likely realitybites 02-28-04 4
           RE: Break the bank? Not likely AMAI 02-28-04 5
               RE: Break the bank? Not likely realitybites 02-28-04 6
           RE: Break the bank? Not likely qwertypie 02-28-04 7
 RE: ABC is cheap with Meredith and ... redefine_perfection13 02-28-04 8
   RE: ABC is cheap with Meredith and ... Chrissy gal 02-28-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-27-04, 03:44 PM (EST)
1. "RE: ABC is cheap with Meredith and Ian"
I think it is because they spent so much on Ryan and Trista's Barbie dream come true Pink wedding (4 million dollars!?! absolutely DISGUSTING) that they had to be so cheap with Ian and Meredith. I am surprised they could even afford the trip to Brazil.

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-27-04, 04:10 PM (EST)
2. "Cheap dates, too."
At least Meredith and Ian got something...I don't recall any of the previous couples getting anything...maybe I'm wrong here, but I don't think Andrew and Jen got a trip??? But then again, shouldn't a 3 1/2 carat ROCK be gift enough???

BUT, moving on to my real reason for posting...the dates that Meredith and this season's bachelors went on looked a lot more inexpensive than the dates that Trista and Bob and Andrew etc. got to experience. Perhaps the pepto-wedding DID break the bank.

02-27-04, 04:18 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Cheap dates, too."
"pepto-wedding" ? LOL I must admit this is the first time I heard that phrase. Maybe if I had some I would have been able to sit and watch the entire production. Still makes me shudder.

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-28-04, 02:41 AM (EST)
4. "Break the bank? Not likely"
> Perhaps the pepto-wedding DID break the bank.

Nah. I'm sure Disney had money lying around for just such an occasion. If not, they would easily have been able to borrow it.

But what did ABC get for their $4 million? They got 3 episodes of "Trista & Ryan's Wedding", along with some repeats on ABC Family. It breaks down to about $1.33 million per episode - expensive for a reality show, but I'm sure it's less than their dramas (and it got higher ratings too, and higher ratings usually equals more money per commercial spot). My guess is that they made money on the first showing, and every time they show it again they make more.

Anyway, in response to the original poster, I'm sure ABC would be more than willing to pony up the big bucks if & when they decide to get married on TV. I'm not holding my breath for two reasons:

1) Meredith and Ian seem much less like media whores than Trista
2) Once Meredith figures Ian out, I don't think she's going to like what she sees

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-28-04, 08:38 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Break the bank? Not likely"
2) Once Meredith figures Ian out, I don't think she's going to like what she sees

That's entirely possible, but she nevertheless did the right thing by going for it to find out. She's better off finding out that the yummy package isn't so great on the long haul, than being too chicken to take the risk.

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-28-04, 12:06 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Break the bank? Not likely"
>2) Once Meredith figures Ian out, I don't think she's going
>to like what she sees

>
>That's entirely possible, but she nevertheless did the right
>thing by going for it to find out. She's better off finding
>out that the yummy package isn't so great on the long haul,
>than being too chicken to take the risk.

I agree. She's happy for now, and that's really all you can ask for.

02-28-04, 12:29 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Break the bank? Not likely"
>Anyway, in response to the original
>poster, I'm sure ABC would
>be more than willing to
>pony up the big bucks
>if & when they decide
>to get married on TV.

I have to disagree. I think ABC are saving their money for when Trista and Ryan decide to have their first child and we'll get treated to the whole glorious nine months of prenatal visits, decorating the nusery in pink (if it's a girl) and pink (if it's a boy), picking out high chairs, strollers, pink frilly baby clothes, Trista squealing over stretch marks, swollen ankles, a drunk Ryan begging his married guy friends to come back to the stripper party, etc. etc.
Enough to make me chuck my TV out for good.

redefine_perfection13 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-28-04, 04:44 PM (EST)
8. "RE: ABC is cheap with Meredith and Ian"
Well perhaps it was on account of the fact that Ian and Meredith have just gotten engaged and Ryan and Trista have been together for over a year and that they had already started planning their wedding with in a few weeks of being finished with the show?

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-28-04, 08:16 PM (EST)
9. "RE: ABC is cheap with Meredith and Ian"
The first Bachelorette finished taping in November, 2002. The Bachelorette aired on ABC starting in January, 2003. Trista and Ryan went into negotiations with ABC to televise their wedding in the summer of 2003 (June or July). As soon as the contract was signed, ABC started promoting the event.

I think that ABC and Extra had so much hype about the wedding that it seemed to the viewers that the televised wedding had been planned since the show ended, but in fact Ryan and Trista left the "After the Rose" night with the engagement ring (just like Alex and Amanda, and Bob and Estella).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •