The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode 8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-22-11, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode 8"
Chantal O gets the first home town date. Chantal is in West Seattle which has a gorgeous view of downtown Seattle across the water. Chantal says she is a package deal- her, her dog and her two cats. She warned Brad that her dog might bite him but the dog loves Brad.

Chantal's parents house is huge! They sit down for dinner and then Chantal's dad pulls her aside and she tells him that she's in love with Brad. Brad has a one-on-one with her dad and they have a lot in common. Chantal's dad thinks Brad is a great man.

Next home town date goes to Ashley. Madawaska, Maine is the northestern most town in the US. They go to the restaurant that she had her first job at. They have something I've never hear of. I can't remember the name but it is french fries with cheese and gravy. I googled it and it's called poutine pronounced poo-teen. They're picking up live Maine lobsters. On to her parent's house for dinner.

Ashley's mom notices the connection between her daughter and Brad. Brad has a one-on-one with her dad. Ashley tells her brother that she wouldn't say yes if Brad asked her to marry him because she thinks there's more she needs to learn about him. A lot of talk about her finishing school to be a dentist. Brad says that meeting her family only enhances his feelings for Ashley but he doesn't want to hold her back from her dream.

The next hometown date goes to Shawntel N. in Chico, CA. He meets her at her funeral parlor. He says that it facinates him that she embalms people. Then he starts to freak out. He lays on the embalming table. She explains the procedure and he's creeped out. Now he says that he's impressed with how she deals with death and grief.

We come to the end of the first hour.

New siggie by cahaya!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode ... rjrabbit 02-22-11 1
   RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode ... kathliam 02-22-11 2
       Emily samboohoo 02-22-11 5
           RE: Emily mrc 02-22-11 10
           RE: Emily mrc 02-22-11 12
               RE: Emily samboohoo 02-22-11 14
               RE: Emily Dotsy Meyer 02-23-11 25
               RE: Emily's Family samboohoo 02-23-11 27
                   RE: Emily's Family mrc 02-23-11 30
                       RE: Emily's Family samboohoo 02-23-11 39
                           RE: Emily's Family mrc 02-23-11 41
                               RE: Emily's Family kathliam 02-24-11 45
                                   RE: Emily's Family Loree 02-24-11 47
           RE: Emily Divr 02-28-11 50
               RE: Emily samboohoo 02-28-11 51
   RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode ... Loree 02-22-11 3
 RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode ... mrc 02-22-11 4
   RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode ... samboohoo 02-22-11 6
       RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode ... rjrabbit 02-22-11 18
           RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode ... rjrabbit 02-22-11 20
 RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode ... jbug 02-22-11 7
   RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode ... samboohoo 02-22-11 9
       RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode ... jbug 02-22-11 17
           RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode ... samboohoo 02-22-11 22
   RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode ... mrc 02-22-11 11
       RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode ... jbug 02-22-11 15
   RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode ... rjrabbit 02-22-11 21
 Brad & I's -- Brad & my's jbug 02-22-11 8
   RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's mrc 02-22-11 13
       RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's jbug 02-22-11 16
           RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's mrc 02-22-11 19
               RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's samboohoo 02-22-11 23
   RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's Dotsy Meyer 02-23-11 24
       RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's Ants 02-23-11 26
       RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's mrc 02-23-11 29
           RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's frodis 02-23-11 33
               RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's mrc 02-23-11 34
                   RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's samboohoo 02-23-11 38
                       RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's jbug 02-23-11 43
                           RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's mrc 02-23-11 44
           RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's jbug 02-23-11 36
       RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's frodis 02-23-11 31
           RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's mrc 02-23-11 32
               RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's frodis 02-23-11 35
                   RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's mrc 02-23-11 42
                   RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's qwertypie 02-25-11 49
 More Thoughts samboohoo 02-23-11 28
   ditto jbug 02-23-11 37
       RE: ditto samboohoo 02-23-11 40
           RE: ditto Tummy 02-24-11 46
               RE: ditto qwertypie 02-25-11 48

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-22-11, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode 8"
Continued
Shawntel's dad seems upset that she may follow Brad to Austin and not take over the family funeral business. But in the end her family gives their blessing.

The last hometown date is Emily in Charlotte, NC. Emily reunites with her daughter Ricky. Lots of hugs and kisses and I missed you. Brad shows up with a present for Ricky. Ricky is very shy. The present is a butterfly kite. She warms up to Brad when he helps her fly the kite.

They play board games with Ricky and then tuck her into bed and head downstairs for some alone time. Brad tells her that he wants to kiss her but isn't going to out of respect for her and her daughter. Emily kisses him on the front porch and he's glad that she did.

Next Brad meets with Chris in a hotel in NYC. They recap the hometown dates Chris points out that all the women except Ashley has told Brad that they love him.

Ashley gets the first rose. Then Emily gets a rose. Chantal O gets the last rose. Shawntel seems really upset. He comforts her telling her that she's amazing but he just didn't feel the way he should when a woman tells him she loves him. He walks her out. In the limo she talks about never having someone treat her as good as Brad but she hopes to find someone like him

They're going to South Africa.

New siggie by cahaya!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kathliam 3666 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-22-11, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode 8"
I was so excited when Ashley mentioned they were going to try poutine, because I knew what they were talking about, thanks to all the discussions here with our Northern friends! DH thought I was crazy, although I would like to think he was a little impressed.

Chantal's parents' house was HUGE! I forgot his background until I read some of the recaps this morning, but seriously that looked like 9,000 sq. ft. if it was an inch. You could put my house in their foyer with room to spare!

I'm sure Shawtel loves her work but taking Brad to the embalming room was tres creepy. Well, including the room on the tour might not have been so creepy had she not invited him to lay on the embalming table and explained in such detail the procedures and equipment she uses!

DH said during Brad's visit with Emily that he's sure Little Ricki has a nanny, and I'm sure there are other staff to help take care of that house. And every time Emily called her Little Ricki I had flashbacks to 'Talladega Nights'. I admit I don't know much about the NASCAR sport, but wowsie was that one heck of a house for a single mother. Guess money goes a little further in Charlotte!

We stopped watching before the RC, figuring we could find out who was sent home in the morning. We have a bet. Can't wait until he wakes up so I can tell him!

I've been cap'n'd

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-22-11, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Emily"
I've only seen through Chantal's hometown, but I wanted to comment about Emily.

All my opinion, of course.

Her house. I saw it in the previews, although I didn't get a full view. It didn't look to be the size of Chantal's parents, but it did look pretty big. It could also look big because of the high celings, entrance way. I thought I had read somewhere that Emily's parents had a little money - she and Ricky met in Key West, where both of their parents had homes.

Ricky Hendrick was the son of Rick Hendrick, one of the most successful owners in NASCAR today. I don't know how much you know, but his current drivers include Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Those are all three huge names in NASCAR. Huge. I have no doubt that the Hendrick family has provided for Emily as they would have had she married their son. She is and forever will be a part of that family.

Her job is stated to be a Children's Hospital Events Director or something to that extent. A good friend of mine used to do the same for the Children's Hospital here. Knowing what his job entailed, and going a little off of what I do as an events planner at my job, it doesn't surprise me that she has a nanny. I could also see her having other help taking care of things. Not that I think she's not capable, but I don't see Emily pushing around a lawnmower, etc.

This somewhat leads me into my next opinion about Emily and Emily and Brad. I think that ultimately, he will not choose her or vice versa. This would be the first serious relationship - especially if it led to a proposal - that she will have had since she was a teenager. And as much as Brad wants a family and would accept Ricki as part of the package, that is a big acceptance. You're talking about going from a bachelor's life to life with someone else's five year-old.

I also tend to recall (maybe from Chantal's date) that Brad has made it somewhat clear that his life is in Texas. So, would he want to uproot Emily and Ricki from Charlotte? Would Emily really want that? I don't see that happening.

I think that's another erason so many of these relationships just don't work out. Someone is uprooted and moved to a new place. As much as I didn't like Vienna, she made a point when she talked about being all alone in LA.

I wonder too if Emily will be the next bachelorette, especially after going through all of this.

I read a summary somewhere a week or two ago. The writer mentioned that Emily is probably the most mature bachelorette we have ever seen. I agree.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-11, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Emily"
You're spot on w/ Emily not moving and her maturity.

A Slice of Manga

02-22-11, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Emily"
One more thing: We only saw Little Ricki and Emily, no other family. That struck me as odd, but maybe it's more dramatic that way.

A Slice of Manga

02-22-11, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Emily"
Purely speculation. Purely.

Maybe Emily's family is still in West Virginia? I wouldn't expect her to meet the Hendrickses.

Dotsy Meyer 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-23-11, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dotsy%20Meyer Click to send private message to Dotsy%20Meyer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Emily"
>One more thing: We only saw
>Little Ricki and Emily, no
>other family. That struck me
>as odd, but maybe it's
>more dramatic that way.
>
>A Slice of
>Manga
>

Me too! Are there no parents!!

02-23-11, 10:12 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Emily's Family"
Having finally watched the whole episode, I'm actually not surprised we didn't see her family. Emily is completely different from the other girls in that she has a child, which would be a completely different lifestyle for all of them. I didn't watch either of Jason's seasons - he's the only one I remember having a child. Emily really does have to put her daughter first in this situation. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks at this point. And I think she really wanted and needed to give him a piece of her real life.

02-23-11, 10:23 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Emily's Family"
There was Stephanie, the widow, a few seasons back.

A Slice of Manga

02-23-11, 11:51 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Emily's Family"
But wasn't Jason a finalist on Deanna's season? Did she meet his whole family? Only Tye?

Perhaps I know more than I think if I know these names.

02-23-11, 12:02 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Emily's Family"
I thought she met his parents, too, but I could be wrong.

A Slice of Manga

kathliam 3666 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-11, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Emily's Family"
I thought so also. I seem to remember her having a conversation with Jason's brother on the deck of the house.

I've been cap'n'd

Or all the seasons are blending together and I'm confusing it with someone else.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-11, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Emily's Family"
DeAnna played leap frog with Jason's family. She definitely met his parents as well as his son Ty.

Divr 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-11, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Divr Click to send private message to Divr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Emily"
Emily's home is the one her and Ricky lived in prior to his death. Yes Rick Hendrick will be a large part of her life forever. She and Ricki will never want for anything. People gasped at O'Brien's home and his apparant wealth with his dealerships in Washington. However, he pales in comparison with Rick Hendrick. Rick has 60 dealerships in 11 states in addition to his racing franchise. Ya think Brad went with the money?

02-28-11, 05:21 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Emily"
Sadly, the one thing they probably do want, money can't buy.

When I saw Emily's house, I didn't initially think money. I thought it looked to be a house two girly people occupy. That would be another big change for her, I suspect.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-11, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode 8"
Shawntel's date did not go well. And I heard it actually took place on Halloween. So TPTB were really going for the creep factor with Brad. And I noticed it was still light out when he said goodbye to her. So it also ended earlier than the other dates.

Ashley just seems too young for Brad. She is just so giddy and exhausting to keep up with. I believe Brad has realized this too.

Chantel's hometown date seemed to go the best. Brad seemed the most comfortable with her family. Brad seemed to really bond with her father. They have alot in common. And I loved Chantel's dog Boca.

I still think Brad was a little uncomfortable with Emily being a mother and having a daughter. He looked like he needed his therapist back when he was on the couch with Emily.

02-22-11, 09:26 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode 8"
If I were the Bachelor, I would have picked Shawntel weeks ago. She seems the most genuine and ready for a relationship.

OTOH, Chantal is HAWT, and that house!!! Wow! What the heck does her dad do? She's probably a princess, though, so that wouldn't work for me.

Ashley--meh. Her sister was hot.

Emily seems like a very nice woman, but she has an idealized lover already. I don't see Brad breaking through that barrier permanently.

A Slice of Manga

02-22-11, 09:40 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode 8"
I think Chantal's dad owns a car dealership or two.

02-22-11, 05:32 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode 8"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-11 AT 05:32 PM (EST)

I think you're right.

New siggie by cahaya!

02-22-11, 05:42 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode 8"
I just Googled her and Her dad is Mike O'Brien of the O'Brien auto group. He has several dealerships in Washington and Oregon. He's a former Seahawk defensive back and they both live on Mercer Island (a community just east of downtown Seattle). Mercer Island is THE place to live in Washington. Very beautiful water front homes and the most desirable address in the Pacific Northwest.

New siggie by agman!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-11, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode 8"
Chantal O: (why have to use the initial of the last name when the names are pronounced differently?)
For lots of reasons, I think Chantal is best suited for this relationship. She is an admin assistant which I would think she could find employment in TX if she so chose to do so.
Her parent's house was way over the top! Made me think that she has probably not been overly impressed with the excess of the big dates & the travel - she's probably used to all that; but there was discussion that her dad was a self-made man; wonder if he made it before the kids were born? when they were small? has she always lived that way? wasn't there also some talk about construction or masonary?

Ashley: Up to now, I thought she was already a dentist; but she's still in school. After finishing school, she could go into practice anywhere I guess - it's not like she already has an office & patients established.
She seems immature to me. (& I laughed at the Poutine & how Brad said it looked delicious! LOL Now we know the man can lie with a straight face .

Shawntel: I was watching recorded so I FF thru all of the part in the embalming room; that was TMI for me. Showing him the other places & rooms was okay but I think she turned him completely off there. And? she should have had the conversation with her parents about possibly moving to TX long before Brad arrived. That was awkward & put Brad in the position of disappointing her father.

Emily: Why was she just reuniting with her daughter minutes before Brad arrived?
Shouldn't all the women have had time to be home & meet with families before the visits? They all seemed to have been seeing family for the first time with Brad -- odd to me.
Emily is the most mature; not sure if Brad is really ready for a ready made family. He handled the meet pretty good; didn't try to force himself on Ricky till she was ready. Kids that age are often shy about meeting new people - Emily seemed anxious about it; maybe that feeling transferred to Ricky a bit.
Can't see Emily wanting to leave NC.

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

02-22-11, 12:54 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode 8"
I think Chantal works for her dad. Didn't we see that back in Episode 1? I think of the four, it would be easiest for her to pick up and go.

Ashley: I think she is in dental school. I thought she went to school in PA, but her hometown is Maine. Also, not sure, but I'm thinking it might not be so easy for her just to up and move to Texas to complete. There is a little girl in Conner's class from Seattle. (I think. It could be Portland. I know it's definitely the other side of the contry.) Her mother was the room mother last year, and we talked about the fact that they are only living here in the short term for her husband to attend dental school at VCU. Perhaps there is a reason Ashley is where she is. I do think she could be a dentist anywhere, but I think the schooling is the factor there.

Shawntel: Haven't see it yet. Sounds awkward.

Emily: Not sure about why she was just seeing Ricki at that point. I haven't seen that was yet either. I do agree with you that I don't see her leaving Charlotte. I know she's from West Virginia, but her life and Ricki's life is definitely in Charlotte. I also don't see her moving herlse and that little girl into his condo, and I would think she would need to be really sure before moving at all.

02-22-11, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode 8"
Yes, I got that Ashely was still in school; but could move after she finishes without it being a huge problem.
If she had already had a practice established, moving would have been quite different for her.

& they did show her as a Dentist all season; not as a dental student.

02-22-11, 08:51 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode 8"
Yes, she could. I get the impression after watching her hometown that she may not be ready to actually settle down and to the domestic thing. She may want to go right into building her career. Plus, I meant while she's in school, there would be the long-distance issue. I don't see that happening.

02-22-11, 01:32 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode 8"
We're seeing the edit, jbug. I'm sure the women see their families beforehand, but they and family have to act like they haven't.

02-22-11, 04:41 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode 8"
The screaming and all with the mothers was a bit much - but i could over look that.
But Emily was saying to Ricky "I missed you" like she was seeing her for the first time since leaving.
If it's editing, it was not done well.

02-22-11, 05:50 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Bachelor 15 (Brad II), Episode 8"
I've noticed the bacheloretts seeing their families for the first time in weeks on prior seasons. I think they keep them away from their families so that they can get the reunion footage for the show. I also think they don't want them telling their families about the bachelor so that they can get all that on camera and it will look fresh and not rehearsed.

New siggie by cahaya!

02-22-11, 11:55 AM (EST)
8. "Brad & I's -- Brad & my's"
I have to bring up how crazy this is making me!
Not just on this show but it is more evident here than anywhere else.

Production SLAP: Stop filming for a few minutes and teach these people just a bit of pronoun grammar - please!!!!

02-22-11, 01:34 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's"
Ditto.

A PATCH of banana skin

02-22-11, 04:43 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's"
and?
Brad's use of the word badly.

"I want to meet your family badly."

He said badly several times - every time seemed like there was an easier way to say what he was saying IYKWIM.

02-22-11, 05:34 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's"
Ditto ditto.

02-22-11, 08:53 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's"
Me three.

Dotsy Meyer 2 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-11, 01:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dotsy%20Meyer Click to send private message to Dotsy%20Meyer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's"
OMG Brad is better than MOST and that includes broadcasters! And to reply to another criticism ----"badly" is CORRECT. It is a noun i.e HOW It is not "I want to meet them bad!! Egads--get out your own grammar books----start with 3rd grade!

Ants 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-23-11, 02:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ants Click to send private message to Ants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's"
Yeah, what's with the Brad hate? He's been right so many times.

02-23-11, 10:22 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's"
1. I don't think you want to get in a pissing contest w/ some of us on grammar.

2. Esp. if you think badly is a noun.

"Badly" is an adverb that can mean "very much." Jbug's point, however, is that Brad does use it wrongly (!) at times (i.e., "I feel badly," which means that he doesn't have a great sense of touch) or awkwardly (i.e., "I miss you badly" may be grammatically correct, but standard American English usually renders that sentence "I miss you very much," which sounds better to most people's ears.)

Regardless, it's not going to do you, as a newbie, much good to lecture us on whether we should slam Bachelor Brad for his grammar. It'll make us not like you very much, so we won't value any useful contributions that you might make to our playground.

Or it will lead to a threadjack about grammar, which, frankly, I get enough of grading my students' papers, and is not something I particularly look forward to doing before I drink my coffee, especially since I don't like coffee, or sock juice, as I like to call it if it's from Dunkin Donuts.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-23-11, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's"
Or it will lead to a threadjack about grammar, which, frankly, I get enough of grading my students' papers, and is not something I particularly look forward to doing before I drink my coffee, especially since I don't like coffee, or sock juice, as I like to call it if it's from Dunkin Donuts.

I kind of want to diagram this one, next.

A Mmmmmmmoonie plate special!

02-23-11, 10:27 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's"
It's what happens when I get worked up.

A Slice of Manga

02-23-11, 11:50 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's"
Wow! You're so HAWT right now!

02-23-11, 12:18 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's"
but is he sweatin hot?

Agman says my new glasses make me look sexy!

02-23-11, 12:23 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's"
She means I'm Brad's/Jake's abs HAWT.

A PATCH of banana skin
Don't attempt to diagram the modifiers in that sentence.

02-23-11, 10:50 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's"
I love you badly, my darlin.

02-23-11, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's"
In this sentence, badly is an adverb, modifying the verb want.

I want to meet them badly.

JBug never said it was incorrect, just that he used that particular phrase often and could have found a better way to express himself.

However, I don't totally blame Brad. He probably said all of those "badlys" over the course of several days and wouldn't have realized that he was saying the same thing over and over. We just noticed it because it was all compressed.

A Mmmmmmmoonie plate special!

And I just geeked out for the day.

02-23-11, 10:26 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's"
Jimmy Kimmel has a new drinking game to replace "Like, Amazing." Woot, woot!

A Slice of Manga
See, newbie? I told ya--grammar threadjack with a diagram FTW!!!

02-23-11, 10:32 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's"
Dear ABC:

We are discussing grammar and diagramming Brad's sentences here in The Bachelor Forum.

This should give you a clue about how interesting, innovative, and exciting this show has become.

Love,
Frodis

xoxo

02-23-11, 12:03 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's"
*snort*

Frodis: speakin' the truth.

A Slice of Manga

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-11, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Brad & I's -- Brad & my's"

02-23-11, 10:17 AM (EST)
28. "More Thoughts"
Ashley: He really didn't get a feel, IMO, of her everyday life. While that town in Maine is her hometown, it's not where she currently lives. I wonder what her life is like in Pennsylvania. How would that jive with Brad's lifestyle.

I agree with others about her maturity. She is young. I don't blame her though for questioning where she stands with him. How could she not.

Shawntel: That whole visit was just awkward for me. I think him letting her go was more about not wanting to take her away from her life and her family. The look on his face at the dinner table said it all. So maybe his "I don't feel the way a man should feel when a woman tells him she loves him" thing was his excuse to let her go.

02-23-11, 10:51 AM (EST)
37. "ditto"
and I love you badly too.

02-23-11, 11:52 AM (EST)
40. "RE: ditto"
Come here to me.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-11, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: ditto"
I hate you both badly!

I can HEAR it in Brad's voice and you KNOW what his voice does to my brain.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-11, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: ditto"
*passes Tummy a margarita*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •