The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"charlie not for real?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

dallover2003 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-23-03, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"charlie not for real?"
did anyone see "charlie" on Blind Date? I never watch the show but when I saw his face I watched for a while. In the show he says he is a "manufacturer's rep" for a plastic manufacturer! On the Bachelorette he refers to himself as a financial analyst. Which is it? Are these shows completely fake with aspiring actors playing the roles, or did he just happen to change professions? I'm confused

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: charlie not for real? Chrissy gal 02-23-03 1
   RE: charlie not for real? MellowYellow 02-23-03 2
       RE: charlie not for real? SurvivinDawg 02-24-03 3
           RE: charlie not for real? smiley 02-24-03 4
               RE: charlie not for real? SurvivinDawg 02-24-03 5
 RE: charlie not for real? SurvivinDawg 02-24-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-23-03, 09:51 PM (EST)
1. "RE: charlie not for real?"
On Good Morning America Charlie said he was approached at the beach and asked if he would be interested in going on the show. Amanda from The Bachelor 1 said she was found at a cafe. Do you think ABC sent producers out and about in L.A. to find people to "cast" in The Bachelor/Bachelorette? Or do you think these two actually were put in contact with ABC through an agent? (By the way, Ryan is also a model!!)

MellowYellow 346 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-23-03, 10:30 PM (EST)
2. "RE: charlie not for real?"
A little of both. Agencies have scouts to find new recruits, so even if they do find them on the street they probably sign them . I'd imagine the producers are more at ease with contract players.

I even think the Jerry Springer audience is all actors, no one could be so ignorant and crude in real life.

Resistance is Fertile

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-24-03, 06:13 AM (EST)
3. "RE: charlie not for real?"
Jerry Springer DEFINITELY has actors. I remember one girl in particular that was on about 4 different shows... twice as the "same" person, but the other two times she was "different" people.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-24-03, 07:54 AM (EST)
4. "RE: charlie not for real?"
**Jerry Springer DEFINITELY has actors.**

Not always.......a girl that used to work with my best friend was on the show. She had contacted the show about "her story" which I think was about how she had left her boyfriend to date a girl...anyway the producers flew them to Chicago (i think thats where it is filmed), but they changed her story around so that it was more raunchier.

02-24-03, 08:03 AM (EST)
5. "RE: charlie not for real?"
No, not always, but definitely sometimes. And some of the "film footage" looks a wee bit scripted, ifyaknowwhatImean...

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

02-24-03, 08:06 AM (EST)
6. "RE: charlie not for real?"
Oh, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out that Charlie is an aspiring actor type.

And yes, they absolutely do recruit people for these shows... Big Brother is especially notorious for recruiting, and even Survivor has supposedly had recruits on occasion (Jerri and Hunter are two examples).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •