The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Worst bachelor?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

JoeGazillionaire 349 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-05-07, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Worst bachelor?"
Who do you think was the worst bachelor?

I thought it was Bob Guinea because he kind of took the show out of reality....all those girls throwing themselves at a guy with a weird laugh...plus, he didn't seem like the nice guy that was originally portrayed.

Followed by the older bachelor who was a fisherman....and the fake Prince (first of all Italy follows a parliamentry system and his royalty was kind of dubious...and second, his answers always seemed pat and he didn't seem to lack any sincereity).

Here's my list in descending order:

Bob Guinea (the chubby guy with the funny laugh)
Old bachelor fisherman guy
Fake Prince Lorenzo
the brother of a famous actor

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Worst bachelor? LisaPles 04-05-07 1
 RE: Worst bachelor? riverrocker 04-05-07 2
   RE: Worst bachelor? JoeGazillionaire 04-06-07 3
       RE: Worst bachelor? woiwod 04-06-07 4
       RE: Worst bachelor? riverrocker 04-06-07 5
           RE: Worst bachelor? JoeGazillionaire 04-07-07 6
               RE: Worst bachelor? Wasabi 04-07-07 7
                   RE: Worst bachelor? riverrocker 04-07-07 8
                       RE: Worst bachelor? JoeGazillionaire 04-07-07 9
                           RE: Worst bachelor? riverrocker 04-07-07 10
                               RE: Worst bachelor? woiwod 04-08-07 11
                               RE: Worst bachelor? peacenlove2u 04-08-07 12
 RE: Worst bachelor? alaholly 04-09-07 13
   RE: Worst bachelor? peacenlove2u 04-09-07 14
       RE: Worst bachelor? JoeGazillionaire 04-10-07 15
           RE: Worst bachelor? peacenlove2u 04-10-07 17
               RE: Worst bachelor? Loree 04-11-07 19
 RE: Worst bachelor? maryellennaco 04-10-07 16
   RE: Worst bachelor? JoeGazillionaire 04-11-07 18
 RE: Worst bachelor? qwertypie 05-10-07 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-05-07, 02:28 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Worst bachelor?"
I agree Bob was pretty bad. Every five minutes he was tonsil-checking another bachelorette. Remember when he was on Oprah?!
Charlie was also one of the absolute worst! I thought he was pretty darn unattractive.
At first I liked the other guy better than Byron (remember, the women had a choice?) but once I got to know him I liked him.
There has yet to be a bachelor who was "my type".

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-05-07, 04:39 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Worst bachelor?"
Think you have a great list! But, I'd go with Charlie,brother of the actor, as 'the' worst. Firestone wasn't much of a 'class act' either; nor was the banker from Missouri. Didn't watch the 'fake prince.' Bob was bad; kind of liked Byron,the fisherman. Did not like the football player, can't remember his name at all so he certainly didn't impress!

04-06-07, 03:06 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Worst bachelor?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-07 AT 03:16 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-06-07 AT 03:12 AM (EST)

>Think you have a great list!
> But, I'd go with
>Charlie,brother of the actor, as
>'the' worst. Firestone wasn't
>much of a 'class act'
>either; nor was the banker
>from Missouri. Didn't watch
>the 'fake prince.' Bob
>was bad; kind of liked
>Byron,the fisherman. Did not
>like the football player, can't
>remember his name at all
>so he certainly didn't impress!
>

Yeah, totally forgot about Firestone. My sister said that he was the most boring bachelor out of all of them...I didn't really like who he picked eihter (Jen)... The Missouri businessman was ok, but there's was one thing that he did that really annoyed me--during rose ceremonies he would always take a deep sigh repeatedly...it's like we get it, this is serious, stop sighing... I also didn't think the previous doctor (not this one)....the one with Moana was kind of a cold and snooty guy. I remember how he dealt with that goofy girl who put an orange peel in her mouth and thought he was really mean to the poor girl...yes, she was being goofy, but he could have been nicer. I just get the feeling that doctor guy is really cold in real life...and certainly did not have a sense of humor at all. My sister liked the first bachelor Alex and personally I think he was probably the best. He's not without faults, but at least he wasn't so far off from bahelor material like Bob Guinea, or was suspect like the non-successful brother of a B-list actor or cold and snooty like the previous doctor (not this current one). Actually, now that I think of it, I'm persuaded by some of your views...I revise my list.

1. Bob Guinea (I actually felt sorry for him when Trish dumped him, but realized that he wasn't the nice guy he's was portrayed as when he started shoving his tongue down every girl's throats).
2. the previous cold snooty doctor guy (the one with Moana)
3. Andrew Firestone
4. Charlie OConnel (brother of the actor)The "no rules" thing was a disaster for ABC.
5. Fake Prince

I wonder what kind of show it would have been if they had gotten a JFK jr. type and the girls to match....but I guess someone like that would never do the show.

woiwod 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-06-07, 03:08 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Worst bachelor?"
I saw the previous Dr., Dr. Stork, on the Dr. Phil show the other day, he was there not as a bachelor but as a Dr. and the woman he was supposed to be helping really ran rough shod over him and wouldn't listen to anything he had to say and he seemed kind of wimpy, but still very good looking. He kept trying to get her to hear him but she wasn't about to listen....I felt kind of sorry for him. Pity is not a very good thing to get if you are on TV. I also noticed that he is not wearing a wedding ring either, so must still be single.

04-06-07, 09:06 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Worst bachelor?"
Agreed about the other doctor; he, too, was 'unremarkable' and came off very cold.

Still can't remember the football player's name. I think he was from Canada but played for the NY Giants???

Didn't see the very first bachelor.

I've read about the casting, the questionnaires, tests, etc., that ABC conducts to get the participants...but when the bottom line is drawn, it will always be about the 'drama' and the ratings!

Firestone came off as 'genuine' and 'sincere'...and a multimillionaire, of course, but his choice of Jen predicted a crashing end to that one. Then, of course, when 'she' was on the bachelorette, it ALL went downhill! Never thought anyone could make the cigar-smoking Meredith look positively 'normal'!!

04-07-07, 02:15 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Worst bachelor?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-07 AT 06:55 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-07-07 AT 06:52 PM (EST)

The previous doctor Travis Stork was the most humorless bachelor of all...even when he smiled it came off cold or judgmental. He was good on paper and from outward appearances but there was just something about that was quite cold and he wasn't all that nice to some of the girls that he disposed of....it's surprising because doctors are supposed to be warm compassionate people with a good bedside manner. I wonder how he got past the interview process.

The football player you're talking about is (Jesse Palmer...oops yeah, it's Palmer.....I just made a typo and accidentally typed the name of a business colleague since I was half paying attention writing here while listening to phone messages)...he doesn't play for the Giants anymore. He never really played in a game. He was a 3rd string quarterback his entire career and I'm not sure where he is now...and I watch a lot of football. I thought he was ok.

Firestone was extremely boring. When he talked it felt liked he was giving a speech on global warming. Jen was equally boring so I guess that was a match of equal water leveles.

If they ever re-air the first bachelor, you should watch it...it was probably the most interesting because it didn't have all the manufactured drama like the past 8 and the girl's reactions were more real because they hadn't watch any of the previous bachelors so as to plan ahead their "lines" and reactions. I showed my sister the 1st bachelor series and she got so hooked she watched the entire series in two sittings.

Meredith was terrible...I don't know why they picked her...I thought they should have picked the girl that finished 2nd (can't remember her name)as she was cute and warm...Meredith finished 4th. I would really like to see them bring back Moana (ok she's a little emotional) but I thought she was one of the sexiest bachelorettes ever on the show.

Wasabi 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-07-07, 09:55 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Worst bachelor?"
I am pretty sure the Giants back-up QB's name was Jesse Palmer.

04-07-07, 12:23 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Worst bachelor?"
>I am pretty sure the Giants
>back-up QB's name was Jesse
>Palmer.

Yes. I looked it up--finally. Sorry about that. He was with the Giants, but apparently not for long. I found the story about his break-up with the lady he selected on the program.

What I was saying about Firestone, by using the single quotes around genuine and sincere, was a tongue-in-cheek comment...not hateful or that I believed him to be one way or the other. It was just that ABC tried to make him out to be a rather 'ordinary' guy; didn't fall for that.

At least this one does seem to be a real person.

And, yes, I will try to find the original and watch! Thanks for the info!!

04-07-07, 07:08 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Worst bachelor?"
You're right. It was Palmer. I just accidentally typed something else because I was listening to phone messages while typing and subconsciously typed a colleague's last name instead... I don't think Jesse Palmer is in the league anymore because he's not on any NFL roster...maybe, he'll catch on somewhere as a last minute add-on or in NFL Europe.

So, you didn't like Firestone? He probably was sincere, I just thought that he speaks in a very boring matter. But, he is doing very well now....he's dating some really beautiful girl who either is on a cable show or posed for some magazine (i can't remember...but it was in US weekly).
You'll probably like the First bachelor alot better.... also, might want to check out For Love or Money 3 with Preston....much more entertaining and filled with drama.

04-07-07, 11:29 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Worst bachelor?"
Yep. Firestone lost my vote when he tossed "Tina Fabulous"...a woman who could throw a football like that in high heels!!! My hubby was practically yelling at Firestone to pick up her! lol

Actually, I did see the episode of "For Love or Money" with Preston. That show had a different vibe than Bachelor/ette; some would think it too contrived, but it seemed to address people's motives in a more straight-forward manner.

woiwod 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-08-07, 10:34 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Worst bachelor?"
I liked For Love or Money" and I wish they would bring it back.

peacenlove2u 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-08-07, 09:52 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Worst bachelor?"
Lorenzo was definately the biggest dum dum ... for not picking the cute, nice italian woman and going for gun-toting father instead. blech. and he had that crooked smile and plastered hair ... he looked like he was a big geek in high school and this was his 1st time around 1/2 decent looking women.
and "prince" ... yeah .. right ....
but this "officer and gentleman" might give him a run for his $$ as worst ... we'll have to wait and see!

alaholly 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-09-07, 09:30 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Worst bachelor?"
They all seem to be just as big DAW's as the women.

"I'm here to find my soul mate...my one true love...my future wife..."

Yeah, right.

Then they take their shirts off and start posing. And pretend to be concerned about dating more than one woman while they are happily slobbering on all of them.

Very sincere.

04-09-07, 10:56 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Worst bachelor?"
who was the one that made the girl turn around and bend over and take his boot off then he kicked her in the a$$ and he had to apologize after?? (i think it was at some bull riding bar or something) ... HE'S in the running for the worst too!

04-10-07, 00:52 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Worst bachelor?"
That was from "For Love or Money" and after that infamous boot episode, all the girls hated him and were after the money. That show series was highly entertaining (more so than the Bachelor) and I too would love to see them bring it back.
I wonder if the bachelors and bachelorettes come on the show looking for a wife/husband....

04-10-07, 10:38 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Worst bachelor?"
oh yeah!!! I'm getting my loser guys mixed up! sorry about that ...

ok - after last night's episode I have to say andy is taking the lead ... is it me or did he look like a pigeon with his shirt off??

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-11-07, 11:09 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Worst bachelor?"
My hubby kept saying Andy looked deformed with his shirt off. He was sucking his gut in to the point it was very strange.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-10-07, 06:06 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Worst bachelor?"
I thought that goofy guy whose brother is an actor was really horrible. Prince Fake-o was a real turn-off and after watching last night, I'm starting to think Dr. Andy might take the cake. We'll see....

04-11-07, 09:24 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Worst bachelor?"
>oh yeah!!! I'm getting my loser
>guys mixed up! sorry about
>that ...
>

LOL. Nothing wrong with that... These shows do sometimes come up with good bachelors, but it makes you wonder at how hard it is to find a good bachelor when they soemtiems come up with the brother of the actor or that bachelor that was discharged from the military for groping a female colleague in the 1st For Love or Money.
"Prince Fake-O" LOL. I originally was enthused to watch that series to see how a real prince would act, but felt kind of duped by the producers when other news outlets brought out the truth about his "royalty".

I dont' have much to comment on Andy since I'm a guy so I can't really tell what women think of him....but I will say that I'm kind of disappointed in the selection of women this season...no one stands out and they seem kind of boring...but more catty than ever. The Travis Stork season had a lot of cute women....a little nuts...but more interesting to watch.

Another show I really enjoyed was that Joe Millionaire 2 International (not the first one, but the second one with the Cowboy) I thought it was really good, but unfortunatley the first season was so bad that no one bothered to watch the second. Also, the bachelor there at least seemed like a nice guy who felt guilty about eliminating girls.... that's the one thing that bohters me about the rose ceremony, the bachelors don't seem to feel all that bad about hurting the girl's feelings by not giving them a rose.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-10-07, 02:34 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Worst bachelor?"
That one is tough.

I think I'll have to go with "Blob"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •