The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Trista/Zora = BORING!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

boomerang 556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-11-03, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Trista/Zora = BORING!"
I know I'm mixing characters from two different shows here, but I really can't understand why these two women are so popular. Both of them have the personality of a dishrag, and I can't believe they both made it so far in their respective shows. Neither one of them seems to have a sense of humor or fun, and I just can't understand the attraction men have for them. Trista seems especially troubled and distant, and doesn't appeal to me at all. Does anybody else feel this way?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Trista/Zora = BORING! SurvivinDawg 02-11-03 1
   RE: Trista/Zora = BORING! boomerang 02-11-03 4
       RE: Trista/Zora = BORING! SurvivinDawg 02-11-03 6
   RE: Trista/Zora = BORING! happygirl 02-15-03 9
 RE: Trista/Zora = BORING! frisky 02-11-03 2
   RE: Trista/Zora = BORING! SurvivorOverlord 02-11-03 3
       RE: Trista/Zora = BORING! SurvivinDawg 02-11-03 7
 Disagree realitybites 02-11-03 5
 RE: Trista/Zora = BORING! Long Dong Pagong 02-11-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-11-03, 09:34 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Trista/Zora = BORING!"
First, remember that these shows are heavily edited. Contestants on "The Bachelor" said that a lot of scenes that would've shown the chemistry between people was left on the cutting room floor.

I think Zora is very much a victim of editing.

Second, Trista is absolutely gorgeous, so I can see the attraction from that point. I'm not enamored of her voice, but if she were perfect she could run for God. Also, I'm just not getting the same vibe about Trista being "troubled and distant" that you are. She certainly didn't seem troubled OR distant when she was with Ryan and Charlie. Of course, Punka would probably make ANY girl feel troubled and distant, if not worse.

Third, I agree that Zora shouldn't have made it this far... and I think she DID make it to the end because the show is scripted, and the producers made sure Evan kept her around. I think she's involved in the finale "twist" that everyone is so eagerly anticipating.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

boomerang 556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-11-03, 10:24 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Trista/Zora = BORING!"
It's hard for me to explain the vibe I get about Trista, and I admit that a lot of personalities can be altered in editing. I'm a professional photographer, and I spend a great deal of time "reading" faces. They say the "eyes are a mirror for the soul," and I see a definite sadness in her eyes almost all the time. I could be totally off base, but that's just the way I see it.

02-11-03, 12:20 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Trista/Zora = BORING!"
I see a definite sadness in her eyes almost all the time. I could be totally off base, but that's just the way I see it.

Well, she *is* a DAW, and IMHO anyone who aspires to be famous and succeeds has, along the way, made a deal with the Devil. Mebbe that's what you're reading in Trista's eyes...

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

happygirl 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-15-03, 07:34 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Trista/Zora = BORING!"
Ew, Trista is butt ugly! She looks like an old lady without makeup (no offense to old ladies), but c'mon, she's only 30! But, at least if her personality was one that could be respected, then her looks would improve, but that is not the case. She lacks every bit of class, and she would've done just fine applying to ElimiDate, where she would've fit in much better.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-03, 09:54 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Trista/Zora = BORING!"
I have wondered all along why Evan has kept Snora around among all the hot rocket chicks.

The editing people have definitely not been kind to Snora. She appears on the show to be stiff -- heck, last night they even did a close up of her legs as she walked stiffly with Evan through the woods. She was barely bending her knees, just walking with her legs straight, and swinging her legs around with her hips and torso. Stiff as a board.

If she were really such a introverted, shy, awkward little thing, she wouldn't have applied to be on a reality TV show to snag a man. I smell something fishy, and it ain't caviar.

SurvivorOverlord 1351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-11-03, 10:19 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Trista/Zora = BORING!"
I agree....ZORA is the MOLE!!! Wait now we are mixing up three show...oh what the hell.

Actually I think DAWG is right on the money...Zora is a plant by the producers so they can have this big twist at the end.

As far as Trista goes........I'LL TAKE HER!!!!
She is such a hottie....I mean my god what a bod...great face....physical therapist, so she can make some bucks....I'd be all over that like white on rice!!!!

"It's only cheating if you get caught".....Al Bundy

02-11-03, 12:23 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Trista/Zora = BORING!"
For me, it was Trista's legs that got my attention. Verrrry nice!

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-11-03, 10:58 AM (EST)
5. "Disagree"
I respectfully disagree about Trista. As a guy, I think she's good looking, though not exceptionally so. My perception is that being the hatchet girl is getting to her in one of two ways:

1) She'd really rather spend time with her two chosen ones, and/or
2) She wanted to get to know the other guys better

Zora seems complicated, troubled, and doesn't have high self-esteem. I also think she is pretty. Perhaps Evan feels like he is some kind of prince that can come to her rescue. Perhaps he feels she won't reject him when she finds out The Big Secret.

Long Dong Pagong 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-11-03, 02:02 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Trista/Zora = BORING!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-03 AT 02:03 PM (EST)

I think as the episodes of "The Bachelorette" have progressed, Trista has shown herself to be a somewhat shallow, superficial person. Look at the whole Russ situation. He certainly came across as a totally pushy aggressive jerk in the early shows, yet she kept giving him a rose week after week. In the last couple of shows, I thought he actually looked a lot more humble and down-to-earth, but look at the treatment he was getting from her in return. I think she formed an initial impression, based on the Tiffany bracelet and hearing "Silicon Valley exec/writer" in regards to his occupation thatturned out to be not quite what she was expecting, and I think this actually made her angry, and she kept trying to push his buttons during the date last week that would elicit a reaction to justify her not giving him a rose...bottom line, I feel sorry for the eventual "winner" of the show. I know of which I speak when it comes to "high-maintenance" women!

Zora, on the other hand, comes of as much more sympathetic to me. I actually felt really bad for her when she was getting "interrogated" by Evan during that restaurant scene...this guy has no idea on how to make a woman feel comfortable. I ahve to agree with all of the posters stating that they believe that she's "the mole" of this show, since she really doesn't seem to emit the slightest hint of a "golddigger" vibe, yet it's hard to see any real chemistry that exists between her and Evan...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •