The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Opinions of Sarah and Krisily changed now that show's over?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-17-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Opinions of Sarah and Krisily changed now that show's over?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-05 AT 04:02 PM (EST)

Wondering if anyone's opinion of Sarah B. and Krisily has changed since the show's over now. I've really flip-flopped. At first they made Krisily out to be a bit wacky and paranoid and Sarah B. as the sweetheart, but now that it's all over I'm really impressed with Krisily and starting to wonder about Sarah B. What did Charlie's friend see that made him say she's very controlling?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Opinions of Sarah and Krisily c... RebelYell 05-17-05 1
   RE: Opinions of Sarah and Krisily c... hunterjax 05-19-05 3
 RE: Opinions of Sarah and Krisily c... Loree 05-17-05 2
 RE: Opinions of Sarah and Krisily c... MTW1961 05-22-05 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

RebelYell 152 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-17-05, 04:42 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Opinions of Sarah and Krisily changed now that show's over?"
Hey cambo,
I felt the same way you do about the two girls. Sarah was about the only one I could tolerate the whole show (my faves were the single mom and the girl who torpedoed Kim Wild in Canada) and she seemed like an ice princess on the final three (gasp!) hours.
Krisily came way up on my scorecard and I was sure she was going to win when they went to Krisily first for the backstage interview and then again for the studio interview.
I wasn't disappointed in Charlie's choice -- hey, he's got to live with it -- but was very impressed with how all the players IN the game handled things.
That said, Chris Harrison stinks. Get him a better "book of questions" or something if you're going to go live, ABC. I think this guy gets my Jeff Probst award for most annoying host who has his hand in the game.
Obviously, Chris has little to do with the Bachelor's decisions and can't be Jeff on the changing the game stuff, but he is definitely more annoying.
My favorite telling moment with Chris in the finale: When Charlie is done with Krisily and Chris gives her that "go get 'em, champ," pat/slap to the shoulder. That was awkward.

So yes, Krisily's stock rose and Sarah's really kind of fell flat in the finale. She was nervous and guarded and maybe not herself. She didn't leave a bad impression, but I wasn't nearly as impressed as I had been.

And then there was Charlie's friend. Seemed like a nice guy, but man, I thought he was way out of line with Sarah.
Problems:
1) Why do they let Krisily meet the guys at a bar and Sarah just gets to meet the one "best" friend at Charlie's Mom and Dad's house? Just seemed like a difference in playing field and comfort levels.
2) Did he (jack, I think) not say that Sarah was a southern belle and he wanted to bring out a little fire in her? I think he did. He's used to Jersey girls and accepted Krisily as soon as she told him where she was from. He set out to fire Sarah up and, kudos to her, she didn't back down.
3) But then, the pompous best friend tells Charlie that he thinks Sarah has a controlling issue? And this is from a talk that last how long??? Let's say they talked for two hours (I bet it was more like 10 minutes) he still could not have drawn that conclusion objectively. He set out to fire her up, did so and then wanted to pass judgement on her for his actions?
That's bunk. And like I said, I thought he was probably a pretty nice guy. Just made a poor decision.

... And while I'm rambling ... were Charlie's buddies the biggest bunch of goobers you'ver ever seen or is everybody in Montauk like that??

Now my theory: I think Jack the best friend owes ABC a few hundred thousand bucks.
I said it to my lovely wife when it happened: Sarah was winning and had only a so-so visit to his parents' place. Krisily had a great visit and, thanks to comments from the well-meaning (I'm sure) Jack, Charlie was thrown into a quandary.
He spent two more months finding out what he already knew: He liked Sarah best.
Jack gets a bill for $457,379.21 and no invitation to the wedding.

hunterjax 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-19-05, 11:37 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Opinions of Sarah and Krisily changed now that show's over?"
First off, excellent use of the word "bunk." I haven't heard that in forever and it brought back so many memories.

Anyhoo, I wanted to say that I was talking to a friend last night whose sister lives in Montauk. My friend's sister says that Jack guy is known to be the biggest dork about town. So apparently it was pretty hilarious for Montauk locals to see him on tv giving out "relationship assessments."

Really, the producers made it impossible not to like Krisily by the end. She showed so much more enthusiasm for Charlie and the Bachelor show process than Sarah did. I'm sorry to all those that think she's great, but I think Sarah is a dud. But then again, I was never impressed with marble-mouth Charlie. So maybe Krisily is the luckiest one of all. She got good PR and didn't get stuck with Charlie.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-17-05, 06:05 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Opinions of Sarah and Krisily changed now that show's over?"
I was never that crazy about little Sarah. And I still think she is wrong for Charlie. So my opinion of her stayed the same. But Krisily did impress me with how she handled everything. And I did not like Krisily before. But I think she grew through this whole process.

I agree that I think Charlie was leaning toward picking Sarah until the visit to his hometown. After Krisily was so well liked by his buddies and parents. I think he started to have doubts about Sarah. So he needed more time to be sure.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-22-05, 04:00 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Opinions of Sarah and Krisily changed now that show's over?"
I thought Sarah was great - very natural and real. I thought Charlie's friend seemed like an idiot.

Krisily's stock went way up in my book. The way she handled the rejection was graceful. It showed that she cared more about his feelings than her pain. She does seem to have a lot of love to give and will make someone a great wife someday.

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •