The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Becomes a Free Agent"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

omar316 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-20-04, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail omar316 Click to send private message to omar316 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Becomes a Free Agent"
(sorry hosts for posting in both boards- did this incase anyone was gonna watch the repeats and didnt want to visit the other board)
The mole is officially a free agent!! I am shocked, maybe a superior network like CBS can pick it up, bring back the regular edition, actually advertise it and it will be HUGE.

Here is article:
ABC's The Mole Becomes a Free Agent
Source: Variety
Friday, February 20, 2004

ABC reality game show The Mole is now a free agent, says Variety. When the network's option to produce more episodes of the series came up recently, ABC told producers it wasn't ready to commit to more "Mole" just yet, and let its option expire.

The Stone Stanley Entertainment-produced game just wrapped its fourth cycle on ABC (the last two featured celebrities) once again scoring solid ratings. Celebrity Mole: Yukatan ranked first in adults 18-34 (tied with Law & Order) and improved ABC's 10 p.m. Wednesday average by a hefty 43%.

Stone Stanley execs and their reps at WMAWMA are meeting with other broadcast outlets, shopping the show as a reliable adults 18-34 magnet. One executive was surprised to hear it's on the market. Given ABC's lack of major hits, "you'd think they'd be treating that show like it was 'Dynasty,'"

Site:http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=3573

The article says the source is Variety- which is reputable and just to make sure I checked on Variety's site to confirm and it did in fact have the article there. located here:http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=upsell_article&articleID=VR1117900460&cs=1

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Your only warning Bebo 02-20-04 1
 RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Be... survivorscott 02-20-04 2
 RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Be... Jims02 02-20-04 3
   RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Be... I_AM_HE 02-20-04 4
   RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Be... awolvesfan 02-21-04 9
   RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Be... Estee 02-21-04 10
   NBC - Doubtful Bucky Katt 02-21-04 11
 RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Be... Loree 02-20-04 5
   RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Be... Molaholic 02-20-04 6
       RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Be... silentJ 03-01-04 12
   RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Be... mookiemeister 02-21-04 7
       RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Be... aviators99 02-21-04 8
       RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Be... PatrickB 11-06-04 15
 reality central? survivorscott 03-02-04 13
   RE: reality central? SurvivorBlows 03-08-04 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-20-04, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Your only warning"
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-04 AT 08:48 AM (EST)

Just in case you don't bother checking the same thread you started on the other forum. I don't care if you apologize after the fact, posting the same message on multiple forums is a violation of the guidelines. Do it again, and you will be banned. It is obvious from the "apology" you posted both times that you know better. We have better things to do than clean up after you.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-20-04, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Becomes a Free Agent"
Away from ABC means AWAY from Disney, which means I can finally send in a tape!

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-04, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Becomes a Free Agent"
This is either good or bad. I'm really worried that no other channel will pick the show up, or it will end up on UPN.

I think it would be good if NBC to go after it. After the recent success of The Apprentice and Fear Factor doing well, I could see NBC looking at another reality show. Maybe as a possible way to boost young viewership.

A 2004 IceCat creation

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-04, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Becomes a Free Agent"
yeah, especially with them losing Friends and Frasier after this year too, NBC would make sense.

awolvesfan 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-21-04, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail awolvesfan Click to send private message to awolvesfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Becomes a Free Agent"
There is no way with the lack of programming that draws any kind of ratings numbers that this show will stay off the air for long. NBC is losing Friends and Frasier, the WB is losing Angel, I'll bet next year will be ER's last year. This show did extremely well with the under 40 crowd. Networks will be clammoring to get this show. IMO they do have a regular Mole series with average people and a Celebrity one as I enjoyed Stephen Balwin and Corbin Bernsen.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-04, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Becomes a Free Agent"
I'd think GSN and the (as yet unformed) new reality channel would take a look at it, with GSN placing the first bid: they've already got ahold of the reruns, and with their slow slant towards bringing in the old competition-based reality shows, having an original of their own wouldn't hurt. It might even send them back to normal contestants: given that new editions would be on cable, how many D-listers would want a 1.2 Neilsen's worth of exposure in exchange for their participation?

Then again, this can't be the least expensive series to produce -- at least, not with the first two editions, which at least had to rack up some formidable airfare charges. A cable network might be tempted to ground it in one location and put together some very cheap-to-execute games. Think Double Dare with your father out to trip you.

I just hope that:

A. It lands somewhere.
B. 'Somewhere' is not FOX.

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-21-04, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "NBC - Doubtful"
With them just paying $2 million an episode for The Contender I think they have their fill or reality TV.

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article4139.art&page=1

"How 'bout a birdy? I got a little birdy right here."

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-04, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Becomes a Free Agent"
I just hope someone picks it up and they go back to doing the original game with regular players.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-04, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Becomes a Free Agent"
I just hope someone picks it up and they go back to doing the original game with regular players.

I agree 100% -- sad thing, I fear, is that someplace like FOX will pick it up and we'll end up with the All-Silicon Boobs version (and in keeping up with the mental abilities, the "hidden" clue will be a billboard in the background, featuring a topless (pixelated, post-Janet ) bimbette with "MOLE" superimposed over her lower-body 'naughty bits').

And the host will be Rush Limbaugh.

sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-01-04, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Becomes a Free Agent"
But the show will still be produced bt Stone Stanley. I doubt they'd change the format too much. This is a cerebral game. If Fox forces them to use players that think cerebral is a breakfast food, it will tank. They have to keep it ""for it to work.

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-21-04, 02:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Becomes a Free Agent"
>I just hope someone picks it
>up and they go back
>to doing the original game
>with regular players.

Yes. Please let another network pick up this smart reality show. Also put back regular contestants. And make the season longer. The show gets very good young adult rating. I don't understand why ABC didn't nurture this show better.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

aviators99 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-21-04, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aviators99 Click to send private message to aviators99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Becomes a Free Agent"
Must...have...Anderson Cooper...

PatrickB 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-06-04, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PatrickB Click to send private message to PatrickB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: BREAKING NEWS ABC's The Mole Becomes a Free Agent"
I think the Mole is too sophisticated for viewers, which is why it never got terrific ratings when it is obviously one of the top reality shows. Hopefully we will see it someday again.

----------------------------------------------------------------

free Photo iPod Guide

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-02-04, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "reality central?"
this would be a good fit for them. they were wanting original reality shows, plus with this one they have a benifit of an established show

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-04, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: reality central?"
I was told first-hand from a senior RealityCentral person just last week that they had no interest in The Mole's repeat rights that were nabbed by GSN, so I really doubt they have any interest in paying the costs for new first-run editions -- as it is RealityCentral plans only one real reality show of their own -- a documentary about the starting of the network.

The rest of the lineup will initially be repeats of previous US and overseas series, a daily news show, and a "where are they now" type series.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •