The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WHAT IF..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-16-01, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"WHAT IF..."
If the "3 person switching thing" hadn't happened - who would win the game? Would the young people alliance hold and pick off Boran?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: WHAT IF... Uberwench 11-16-01 1
   RE: WHAT IF... I_AM_HE 11-16-01 2
       RE: WHAT IF... Dakota 11-18-01 3
 RE: WHAT IF... Frank15 11-18-01 4
   RE: WHAT IF... KevMo 11-19-01 5
   RE: WHAT IF... MikeD 11-19-01 6
       Switch Meant Diddly Round Robin 11-21-01 7
 RE: WHAT IF... Lurking 11-22-01 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Uberwench 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-16-01, 07:34 PM (EST)
1. "RE: WHAT IF..."
In the long run, I honestly don't think the Great Switch made too much difference in who the final four (or two, or one) will be. The GXA was playing a losing strategy from any angle. Take a look at the possibilities for them if there had been no switch:

1. The original Samburu goes into the merge with a 6-4 advantage over Boran (the four "Bead Brigade" members and two elder outcasts). When the merge happens, the two elders---Frank and Teresa, say---go crawling on their bellies like reptiles to the erstwhile Boran tribe members and cast their lot with them. Ergo, the GXA is outnumbered by two people despite their official tribe having more members going into the merge. They get picked off one by one.

2. The original Samburu goes into the merge even with Boran (5-5). The non-bead-wearing elder again goes to Boran and sells out the lazy slugs for the lazy slugs they are, and Boran picks the GXA off one by one.

3. Samburu goes into the merge with their alliance intact and no hard-working older people around to spoil their camp-out (4-6 at the merge). Boran picks them off one by one, as they are both useless to the merged tribe and---being young and conserving all that energy by never lifting a finger---a potential threat in some of the more physical individual challenges.

Plainly put, intentionally alienating half of your tribe members is a lousy way to play the game---for them, for you, and for viewers.

Any way you slice it, the merge didn't really influence the final game much at all. What it did was make the game a lot more watchable for those of us who prefer Survivor to, say, MTV's "The Real World" in which nothing ever happens.

-----The Logical Wench

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-16-01, 08:45 PM (EST)
2. "RE: WHAT IF..."
perfectly said Uberwench!

the GXA stood no chance. the one advantage they might have had was if they went in without Frank or T. then they might have been able to lie and pretend they weren't horribly repulsive wastes of breath, and one or two of them might have been taken along. but the whole alliance still would have fallen apart, and none would have sniffed a finals appearance.

i've already said this, but i still think that the switch actually prevented the Pagonging effect, even though we may still get a final 6 or 5 of all old Boran. they seem to be sticking together not so much for numerical advantage, but because they genuinely like each other, and i wouldn't be surprised that if they had not originally been on the same tribe, the same five or six would have joined together

what i think the switch does is put a stop to pagonging in future incarnations of Survivor, where you won't have one tribe so completely fragmented, and one tribe so completely intact (with the possible exception of CLarence)

sorry, went a bit off track there, but the Switch did not have any real influence on who would make it to the final 4, much less on who would win the whole thing

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-18-01, 02:59 AM (EST)
3. "RE: WHAT IF..."
Without the Great Switcheroo, Silas would still have been picked off by Boran and any Boomers left in Samburu. He was the biggest threat. Lindsey would have to pull a "Kelly" and win immunity to stay. Burnitt really wants to see people switch loyalties because backstabbing and fighting make for a more interesting show. Jiffy has eluded to that in numerous tribal councils but it never seems to happen (other than that little tiff between Kelly and Soooooooozin).

Frank15 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-18-01, 03:47 AM (EST)
4. "RE: WHAT IF..."
What if... interesting thought... let's go back to episode 6 and start the "what if's"... in the best possible way things could've happened in my point of view!

Episode 6 comes, and likely, with Ethan and Silas, Boran win immunity. Samburu goes to Tribal Council... after 2 votes for Lindsey and 3 for Tom, the final vote goes to... Brandon? Yep... Kelly has aligned herself with the Youngins to get ahead, and voted Brandon. Why not vote Tom? If Kelly voted for Tom, Lex would know Kelly voted against him. If Kelly voted for Brandon, Lex can't be certain whether Kelly or Tom voted for him, or if one of them had a miscommunication on who they were going to vote for!

Episode 7 comes, no merge (that's my guess, anyway), and Boran wins immunity because only Kelly and Lex are making any attempt to win the challenge (but Kelly's only making herself look useful, so as not to look suspicious to Boran). Samburu goes to TC, and vote out Lex 4-1. Lex knows Kelly has turned on her original tribe now, but too late... no one will know... at least not yet.

Episode 8 comes, merge occurs (again, my guess). Kelly convinces the old Borans that it would be better for the tribe if Frank were voted out over one of the youngins, claiming that they're not bad people, and Frank is only out to get them, and other truths about Frank. Kelly complains about Frank to everyone, trying to get him to get on her nerves, and allow others to see how he is toward her. Kelly says they can oust the other Youngins after Frank. Old Boran members are pretty sick of Frank, and in a 7-2 vote, Frank is gone.

Episode 9 comes, and this time, Kelly makes a request for Teresa to go, again, before the Youngins, as Teresa now does not get along with anyone, and trusts no one. Teresa feels everyone is out to get her, everyone gets annoyed, and Teresa is voted out 7-1.

Episode 10 comes, and it's time for Kelly to make her move. Kelly agrees with the rest of Old Boran that it's time to get rid of Lindsey... but Kelly agrees with the rest of Samburu it's time to get rid of Clarance. Clarance loses 4-3, and he's gone.

Episode 11, Kim J. and Ethan are wondering what went wrong, and wondering who voted for Clarance, and why. They don't trust one another, or Kelly. Boran is completely split now, with no one trusting anyone. Kelly and the Youngins vote off Ethan, in a 4-2 vote.

Episode 12, Kim J. knows Kelly voted for Ethan, but knows it's possible that Kelly didn't trust him, and that's why she did that. But she doesn't trust Kelly either, and is shown when Kim J. is voted out next in a 4-1 vote.

We have out Final Four! I'm not going to try to figure out the mess that might come now, but this'll make me happy anyway... too bad we KNOW it's impossible... and it probably wasn't realistic, anyway, but hey, I can dream !

KevMo 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-19-01, 10:46 AM (EST)
5. "RE: WHAT IF..."
hmmmm....interesting....uhhh Frank, what color is the sky in your world?

( sorry, no offense, couldn't help myself )

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-19-01, 02:58 PM (EST)
6. "RE: WHAT IF..."
Frank - Now THAT is a freaking game of survivor......good work. That would be much more fun to watch than seeing nice guys Lex, Ethan or Tom at the very end of the game.

The funny is I guess MB was trying to extinguish all alliances by switching teammates - but in turn he simply sabataged the samburu team and we're stuck with all nice people from boran who are all going to vote the same if we merge - snooze, snooze....

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-21-01, 03:08 PM (EST)
7. "Switch Meant Diddly"
That 3 for 3 switch made the show more fun, but it didn't mean jack squat to the outcome of the game. Unless something weird happens, the final 5 are likely to be all original Borans, and that would have been the case with no switch.

Lurking 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-22-01, 00:56 AM (EST)
8. "RE: WHAT IF..."
Scenario A:

Boran would win the last two IC's. Frank and Teresa would leave. With Samburu down 4-6 at the merger, Silas, Brandon, Clarence, and Lindsey would go within episodes 7-10. The last 6 would be Kim P, Kim J, Lex, Tom, Ethan, and Kelly. The winner would be from Boran.

Scenario B:

Samburu would win the puzzle IC but lose the archery IC. It's probably Kim J and Frank who would go. Silas, Kim P, Clarence, Brandon, and Lindsey would be ousted within episodes 7-11. The last 5 would be Teresa, Tom, Ethan, Kelly, and Lex. The winner would be from Boran.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •