The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Really "Survivor"?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bushwacker 74 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-04-01, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Really "Survivor"?"
Just wanted to throw this out there. I must say I was very disappointed to find the outback survivors were so limited as to what they could hunt for food. If someone was really stranded in the outback they could hunt whatever prey they wanted. I'm wondering with all the wildlife in Africa if those survivors will also be limited on what they can eat.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Really "Survivor"? buffalohead 05-05-01 1
   RE: Really "Survivor"? Survivorerist 05-05-01 3
       RE: Really "Survivor"? SurvivinDawg 05-07-01 9
   RE: Really "Survivor"? Lightmage81 05-07-01 8
 RE: Really "Survivor"? Cherberrie 05-05-01 2
 Send Skupin in! IceCat 05-05-01 4
   RE: Send Skupin in!-SCREAMING MIMI-... larman 05-05-01 5
 RE: Really "Survivor"? Fast Eddie 05-05-01 6
   RE: Really "Survivor"? Art Vandelay 05-07-01 7
 RE: Really "Survivor"? SurvivinDawg 05-07-01 10
   RE: Really "Survivor"? BluSavana 05-07-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

buffalohead 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-05-01, 02:15 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Really "Survivor"?"
they were still able to get a pig/boar although i wonder what it would have been like to see them hunt a croc.(Mike " Croc. my what lovely teeth you have" Croc "the better to eat you with" ). As for Africa since they will be in Kenya they will most likely be in a nature reserve/national park and they will not be allowed to hunt many of the animals. However if they were allowed they got to go for an elephant if they got one they might actually gain weight instead of losing weight.

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-05-01, 10:26 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Really "Survivor"?"
>>>i wonder what it would have been like to see them hunt a croc<<<

I was reading the special issue of People about Survivor and one of the doctor guys said they shouldn't hunt crocs. He said, "Crocs are hopeless in terms of cuisine...Plus they'll probably eat you first." (from People Extra Spring 2001 page 12)

Thought you might find that interesting...

================

Survivorerist
N.L.F.C.
G.A.W.D.
N.T.B.U.G.F.

"It's day seven and we just caught our first fish. It did take us a week but, hey, it's better than two weeks."
-The Early Days of the Late Amber Brkich

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-07-01, 01:51 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Really "Survivor"?"
> He said, "Crocs are
>hopeless in terms of cuisine...Plus
>they'll probably eat you first."
>(from People Extra Spring 2001
>page 12)

Bull! (I don't disagree with YOUR post, SV, just what the doc said). Croc tails have plenty of muscle (read: meat). Other body parts can be eaten also.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-07-01, 12:58 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Really "Survivor"?"
hey!

if the next lot of survivors are really courageous (or mad) or desparate they can camp next to a pack of lions and wait for them to kill a deer or something and try to steal it from them!

Cherberrie 1285 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-05-01, 08:35 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Really "Survivor"?"

I'm wondering with all the wildlife in Africa if those survivors will also be limited on what they can eat.

LOL! I doubt they will be limited on what they can eat. They will be limited on what they can catch, though! For example, without a high-powered rifle in hand, I wouldn't volunteer to catch a lion or a rhino (sorry JV) for dinner!

Cherberrie

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-01, 10:40 AM (EST)
4. "Send Skupin in!"
Old Psycho Mike could bring down an elephant with a shoelace, a bobby pin, and bandana.

Imagine the BBQ afterwards... just picture the 'Bronto Ribs' from the Flintstones!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.... That's good elephant!

larman 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-05-01, 11:02 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Send Skupin in!-SCREAMING MIMI-KIMMI thwarts efforts!"
I can just see it now....

Skupin applies splatterings of yesterday's hunt above his brow in war-like fashion..Scoping the field he eyes a fine elephant as his mouth begins to water...Removing his overstamped bandanna, he reaches for a small stone, geared for battle in traditional David & Goliath style...Never letting his eyes leave the fine scrumptous sight before him, he steps slowly to set his slingshot pace...only to find that Screaming Kimmi has tied his shoes together as evidenced by the cheesy booby (oops-bobby) pin buried beside his footprint...ARRRRGGG....he cries...as the delectable meal scampers away and out of his gaze...(echoes of high-pitched giggles are heard in the background)....

So....how many more days til we see Africa, eh?-Gator

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-05-01, 02:16 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Really "Survivor"?"
I was also disappointed in both series that they were prohibited from killing indigenous species. I can understand that they must not kill anything endangered, as it is not a true life or death situation, but common animals should not be prohibited. For example, snakes are tasty and kangaroo tail is okay. Kangaroos are considered a pest in much of Australia and are killed by farmers to protect their crops. As long as they do not break the laws of the country, they should kill what they want.

I should point out that the Masai who live their lives in the area where S3 will be held rarely kill any animals. They eat mostly vegetation, supplemented by milk from their cattle, and occasionally some blood drained from the cattle. Maybe it would make sense to ask the Survivors to live like Masai - give each tribe a cow. Then they would have to guard against predators as well. Could be a very interesting, and somewhat different, series

Art Vandelay 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-07-01, 12:53 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Really "Survivor"?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-01 AT 12:55 PM (EST)

Does anybody know exactly what animals they were allowed to kill, such as could they kill a kangaroo? I bet they would be tough to kill anyway.
In one of the shows, Alicia caught a big crawfish in the river, but that was the only one we ever saw them catch. They could have been eating like kings if they had caught a lot of crawfish.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-01, 01:55 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Really "Survivor"?"
I totally agree... the laws of Australia prevented the killing of kangaroos, crocs, the turtles, and almost everything else.

If I'd have been there, damn the laws, I would've had turtle soup that night (and gotten my fishing hook back!).

Kangaroos would've been hard to catch without a rifle, but a croc could've been lassoed (Colby! where are you!). Just get a knife in his back before he can whip around and bite you (or, more dangerously, get his snout while his mouth is closed, crocs cannot OPEN their mouths with ANY strength, only CLOSE with ferocious strength).

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

BluSavana 694 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-07-01, 02:13 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Really "Survivor"?"
The kangaroos are probably a really tough chew, but those freshwater crocodiles (unlike the uber-dangerous salties) are relatively harmless. Lord knows I have watched that boob known as the Croc Hunter drone on and on about how lovable they are. They could have butchered one or two for the yummy tail meat, as my man Dawg brought up. BluSavana

Pain is just weakness leaving the body, Sir!

Stop eye-balling me Recruit Lemon!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •