The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-12-01, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!!"
*SQUEALS!!!* We got a mention in another news article!!!

Here's the link, with the article below...
http://www.canoe.ca/TorontoShowbiz/ts.ts-04-12-0073.html

Thursday, April 12, 2001
Colby's turn to go?
15 minutes could be up for the 'movie star'
By CLAIRE BICKLEY, TORONTO SUN

When Jeff Probst stripped the Barramundis of their shelter on last week's Survivor: The Australian Outback, it didn't just prompt viewer cries of, "What? Is Jeff going all Col. Kurtz on us?"
It injected a badly needed element of surprise into proceedings that have become pretty darn predictable week to week.
Probst's Lord Jim "I giveth and I taketh away" shtick also reminded us of another great quality -- and the great character who personified it -- that's been a little lacking: Ruthlessness.
While Survivor II's remaining bunch of happy get-alongs have turned Tribal Council into a don't-hurt-anyone's-feelings Liars Club, time hasn't softened up Survivor I's King Richard the slightest bit.
Writing in his Hatch Report column in US magazine, Richard Hatch heaps scorn on the nicey-nicey nature of the new batch.
He compares their conciliatory attempts --promising to buy treats in the real world to make amends for voting people off -- with the don't-worry-be-happiness of his sweetest colleagues, Colleen Haskell and Jenna Lewis.
Once, after discovering a bubbling mudbath, the women invited him, saying, "Don't you want to go?'
"And I'd think, 'Do you want me to slap you? I'm playing a game here, I don't have time for a facial.' "
Oh Richard, those were the days.
Hatch also rates the SII players, as follows:
Colby Donaldson (or Mrs. Richard Hatch, as we believe Hatch actually likes to think of him) topped the list with an A+. The plus is a bonus for lying to Jerri Manthey.
Tina Wesson earned an A; Rodger Bingham got a B but also the qualifier that he may not have enough determination to win; Elisabeth Filarski got a B- for being too emotional; Keith Famie's perceived irritating personality landed him a C; and Amber Brkich got a D for "disposable."
On tonight's show, the perkster, Elisabeth is promising as darkly as is possible for her, that the Survivor game is going "drastically primal."
Here's hoping she's not referring to Rodger "Kentucky Joe" suddenly seizing upon that ancient older man-younger woman genetic imperative.
As much as we hate to break Richard Hatch's hard heart, the fact is that Colby is predicted as the player to go tonight by voters on several fansites,

****HERE IT IS!!! HERE'S WHERE THEY MENTION US!!***

including SurvivorBlows.com, SurvivorFever.com and SurvivorAddicts.com. Automaton Amber Brkich is targeted by voters on Zap2it.com.
Online gaming house intertops.com is keeping its money on the cowboy. Colby is their top choice to take home the $1-million prize, with his odds at 2.5 to 1. Odds on the rest are Keith 5 to 2; Rodger 3 to 1; Tina 6 to 2; Elisabeth 4 to 1 and Amber 6 to 1.

I think other than mentioning this site, my favorite part is where they said Richard likes to think of Colby as "Mrs. Hatch"! ROFLMAO!!!!

W.L.S.F.C. - NY chapter

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about???

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!! dabo 04-12-01 1
 RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!! Survivorerist 04-12-01 2
   RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!! ACPS65 04-12-01 4
 RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!! Kokoro 04-12-01 3
 RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!! Survivorerist 04-12-01 5
   RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!! Cherberrie 04-16-01 12
       RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!! Survivorerist 04-16-01 13
 RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!! Drive My Car 04-12-01 6
   RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!! ItzLisa 04-13-01 9
 RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!! Lightmage81 04-13-01 7
   RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!! Kokoro 04-13-01 8
       RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!! Survivorerist 04-13-01 10
 RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!! taginite 04-15-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-12-01, 03:09 PM (EST)
1. "RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!!"
hehehehehehehehehehe
thanks, this made my day.

hey, i actually agree with richatch once more, the tc's are getting pretty trite.

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-12-01, 03:19 PM (EST)
2. "RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!!"
Whoo! We're famous! If anyone needs me, I'll be in my trailer.

Survivorerist
S.B.P.C.
S.B.J.S.B.C.
N.L.F.C.
G.A.W.D.

My New Mascot:

"It's day seven and we just caught our first fish. It did take us a week but, hey, it's better than two weeks."
-Amber Brkich

ACPS65 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-12-01, 04:07 PM (EST)
4. "RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!!"
Oh for....! But it's RODGER who GOES! Yeesh.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-12-01, 04:04 PM (EST)
3. "RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!!"
The Sun! That is ~the~ Survivor newspaper up here....lol but also the least respected ~news~ paper. ^-^

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

04-12-01, 05:23 PM (EST)
5. "RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!!"
with (Colby's) odds at 2.5 to 1. Odds on the rest are Keith 5 to 2; Rodger 3 to 1; Tina 6 to 2

Question. Is it just me or these people trying to confuse us into thinking that Colby and Keith/Rodger and Tina don't have the same odds?

================

Survivorerist
S.B.P.C.
S.B.J.S.B.C.
N.L.F.C.
G.A.W.D.

My New Mascot:

"It's day seven and we just caught our first fish. It did take us a week but, hey, it's better than two weeks."
-Amber Brkich

Cherberrie 1285 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-16-01, 08:53 AM (EST)
12. "RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!!"
>with (Colby's) odds at 2.5 to 1. Odds on the rest
>are Keith 5 to 2; Rodger 3 to 1; Tina 6 to 2
>Question. Is it just me or these people trying to
>confuse us into thinking that Colby and Keith/Rodger
>and Tina don't have the same odds?

No, those odds aren't the same. Colby has the best odds (meaning the betting folks think he will win). So, in Colby's case, there is almost a one and two chance he will win. What that means is that there is a slightly less than 50% chance he will win. In the case of Keith, even though the math reduces his odds to 2.5 to 1 (by dividing each number by two), his odds are second best to Colby's because the "5" number is higher than the "2.5" number. Roger's odds are third best followed by Tina's. You shouldn't be using math to reduce the numbers -- that isn't how betting odds work.

04-16-01, 10:06 AM (EST)
13. "RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!!"
Ok, I gotcha. You learn something new every day, don't you?

================

Survivorerist
S.B.P.C.
S.B.J.S.B.C.
N.L.F.C.
G.A.W.D.

-The Early Days of the Late Amber Brkich

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-12-01, 06:39 PM (EST)
6. "RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!!"
We be noticed. We be cool.

Umm I missed the part of the article where they praise us as more brilliant then all the other sites though. Maybe that was lost to editing due to lack of space.

High fives all around, especially to those brave (obessed) men and women doing the real work ove on the spoilers board.

EBug
(damn boring again)

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-13-01, 07:14 AM (EST)
9. "RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!!"

>Umm I missed the part of the article where they praise us as more brilliant then all the other sites though. Maybe that was lost to editing due to lack of space.

*** Weeeeeelll, at least we got listed first out of all the sites, ya know? Means they think we have our act together better than anyone else!

W.L.S.F.C. - NY chapter

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about???

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-01, 01:58 AM (EST)
7. "RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!!"
well......
I live in Singapore. (thats half-way around the world from you guys....)

and i came to know of this site through one of the local newspapers.... (the paper is called TODAY)

they mentioned this website after a day after Debb's ouster and have been lurking here since (till last month when i made my first post)

though you guys may want to know!

PS. will post the site if i find it...

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-13-01, 02:19 AM (EST)
8. "RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!!"
Heh, SB is Internationally famous! ^-^
<of course, Canada also makes it internationally famous, but really, C/US may as well be the same country for all the culture swapping that's going on>

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

04-13-01, 07:42 AM (EST)
10. "RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!!"
>>>C/US may as well be the same country for all the culture swapping that's going on<<<

Amen to that. It's only a matter of time. I wonder if they'll let us be one big state or if they'll split us into 13? Hmmmmm...

================

Survivorerist
S.B.P.C.
S.B.J.S.B.C.
N.L.F.C.
G.A.W.D.

My New Mascot:

-The Early Days of the Late Amber Brkich

taginite 222 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-01, 04:09 AM (EST)
11. "RE: WE MADE THE PAPERS AGAIN!!!!"
>>I think other than mentioning this site, my favorite part is where they said Richard likes to think of Colby as "Mrs. Hatch"! ROFLMAO!!!!<<

...this was my second most favorite line..

----

>>****HERE IT IS!!! HERE'S WHERE THEY MENTION US!!***<<

...this was the bestest line of yer article.. we feel yer intergalactic absurd joy..

a'int the 21 foist century grand..

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •