The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

krismiss2us 787 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-09-12, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
Well, I think they proved it all on their own. Men truly are the dumber of the species (please guys, take no offense, but can you honestly disagree with me?)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER dabo 03-10-12 1
 RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER Aruba 03-10-12 2
   RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER michel 03-10-12 5
       RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER Aruba 03-10-12 7
           RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER iltarion 03-10-12 9
               RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER Aruba 03-10-12 10
                   RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER iltarion 03-11-12 11
                       RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER michel 03-11-12 12
                           RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER iltarion 03-11-12 13
                       RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER Aruba 03-11-12 14
                           RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER michel 03-11-12 17
                               RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER Aruba 03-11-12 19
                                   RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER michel 03-11-12 20
                                       RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER iltarion 03-11-12 21
                                       RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER Aruba 03-11-12 22
 RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER TxMom2011 03-10-12 3
   RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER Aruba 03-10-12 4
       RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER iltarion 03-10-12 8
           RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER Aruba 03-11-12 15
               RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER michel 03-11-12 18
           RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER michel 03-11-12 16
               RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER Aruba 03-11-12 23
                   RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER dabo 03-11-12 24
                   RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER michel 03-11-12 25
                       RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER iltarion 03-11-12 26
                           RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER dabo 03-11-12 27
                           RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER Aruba 03-12-12 31
                               RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER michel 03-12-12 32
                                   RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER Aruba 03-13-12 36
                                       RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER michel 03-13-12 37
                                           RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER Aruba 03-14-12 38
           RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER TxMom2011 03-12-12 29
               RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER Aruba 03-14-12 39
           RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER TxMom2011 03-12-12 30
 RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER michel 03-10-12 6
   RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER garyc 03-12-12 28
       RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER krismiss2us 03-12-12 33
           RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER dabo 03-12-12 34
           RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER michel 03-12-12 35
 DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Winner... michel2 06-09-14 40
   RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Wi... Colonel Zoiderg 06-09-14 41
       RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Wi... MCPorche 06-09-14 42
           RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Wi... michel2 06-11-14 44
           RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Wi... Aruba 06-19-14 46
               RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Wi... michel2 06-19-14 47
                   RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Wi... Aruba 06-19-14 49
                       RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Wi... michel2 06-20-14 51
                           RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Wi... Aruba 06-22-14 55
                               RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Wi... michel2 06-22-14 57
       RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Wi... michel2 06-11-14 43
   RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Wi... Aruba 06-19-14 45
       RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Wi... michel2 06-19-14 48
           RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Wi... Aruba 06-19-14 50
               RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Wi... michel2 06-20-14 52
                   RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Wi... Aruba 06-21-14 53
                       RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Wi... michel2 06-21-14 54
                           RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Wi... Aruba 06-22-14 56
                               RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Wi... michel2 06-22-14 58
       RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Wi... udg 06-22-14 59

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-10-12, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
and for the dumbest possible reason.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Aruba 2000 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-10-12, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
For the purpose of this move I've divided this season's male species we know as Manono into three groups.

The first group involved the ones spearheading this move. Yes they are morons but to insinuate Colton and Greg and samples of the general population of the male species is insulting.

The second group who were totally on board with the idea possess as much backbone as a jellyfish. I would label them more embarassing than dumb.

And the last group were not thrilled about the whole move but when it's tribe vs. tribe majority will rule within a tribe. They were more victims of circumstance in my opinion.

My final decision on how dumb any move is will depend on the aftermath or effect of such a move. Potentially this could be the dumbest move ever, but Colby and Lil's moves proved to be $900,000 blunders! That's a lot of Do-Re-Mi, so the after effect of Manono's decision to go to TC would have to yield some monsterous and tragic repercussions for me to personally replace Colby and Lil's decisions as the "dumbest move ever."

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-12, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
Lil loses to Fairplay though!

03-10-12, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
I doubt it.

Aside from the straw poll taken on that season's Reunion Show which indicated a Lil win, there's NOOOOO way Rupert, Sandra, and Tijuana give Fairplay the million, so Lil's three-quarters of the way there.

Burton and Ryan vote Fairplay no questions asked; which leaves Krista and Darrah. Both women were sickened by JFP's womenizing talk everyone was subjected to that season. Not that Lil was a worthy winner but at the end of the day at least one (if not both) women would have leaned toward a woman and a mom as opposed to the season's villian who had zero regard for women.

Pearl Islands was easily the worst F4 ever to emerge from a season, so any two player combination in the Finals would have been chosing the lesser of two evils. Lil wins by default.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-10-12, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
Woah, now HERE is an old argument!

Arubaba, when did you get on the wrong side?

I have always argued that JFP beats Lil, no problem.

The straw poll after the fact was bunk. It overlooks the fact that JFP would have slaughtered Lil in a FTC, which is why she didn't want to take him in the first place. She was intimidated by him.

All JFP has to say is you were all voted out and so was Lil. Game over. No one other than idiot T would have voted for her.

>

03-10-12, 07:31 PM (EST)
10. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
I have always been on the side contending JFP doesn't win in the F2...where have you been?

Lil told us why she didn't want Fairplay in the Finals. She stated she didn't even want 100 grand to go to a "womanizing partier" like Johnny.

It's not like Burton and Lil were parachuted into each respective tribe and told they were automatically back in the game. If anyone had a beef with them coming back they didn't have to look any further than their own reflections in the mirror because had even one of the two tribes beat the team of returning players, Lil never gets a second chance.

Fact is Burton and Lil earned their way back by beating BOTH Drake and Morgan in the Challenge. If you think the straw poll was "bunk" that's your opinion.

In any event whoever does emerge from the worst F4, worst F3, and ultimately worst F2 in Survivor history isn't really worth a whole lot more discussion IMO.

03-11-12, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"

Come on, Aruba. You don't buy Lil's BS, not you. And I know you don't put much wait in straw polls regarding rhetorical FTCs that never happened months after the game ended and emotions subsided.

Lil said in the weeks prior to the end that JFP was a smart guy and would be a tough person to face in the Finals. It was obvious she was intimidated by him.

I agree though, not much worth talking about.

>

03-11-12, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
Lil's BS?

From exchanging with her, it was clear she thought she couldn't beat Fairplay.

03-11-12, 00:59 AM (EST)
13. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"

I believe that, michel. I was referring to Lil saying she didn't take JFP to the Finals because she didn't want someone like him to win.

That might have had a little to do with it, not saying it had nothing to do with it, but I don't think that was the main reason.

I have always maintained that she feared him.

>

03-11-12, 09:16 AM (EST)
14. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
The whole point of my post is to say I put a big preminum on what transpires AFTER a move is made before I dub it the "dumbest move ever." And when the move results in a $900,000 blunder it doesn't get much bigger than that.

Whether you want to give that distinction only to Colby or want to share it with Lil is your own opinion.

I don't think a straw poll is the be all and end all, but I do give it consideration. I can't believe anyone would think Ruppert and Sandra would have given JFP a million dollars. Can't see that happening. Do I think Lil deserved it more than Johnny? No. But it wouldn't be the only time a villian or disliked castaway who outplayed the other finalist came up on the short end of the voting for obvious reasons and consequently the lesser deserving finalist walks away with the million.

03-11-12, 12:57 PM (EST)
17. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
Rupert despised Fairplay but he knew he couldn't trust him. He thought he could trust Lil, She screwed him so that would have decided his vote. Same with Sandra who was absolutely nasty to Lil when they were sent to Exile so that JFP could share the shelter with Danger Dan.

As for Colby; a dumb move should be defined as an error resulting from defective judgment. For example, Erik thought he would improve his chances to win it all by giving up immunity. Truly defective judgment. Colby always knew what he was doing. He knew he would beat Keith and knew Tina would be a tougher opponent but he accepted that. His judgment wasn't impaired. He had promised F2 to Tina and you are the biggest proponent of integrity that I know so I find it odd that you can't accept his decision.

03-11-12, 01:53 PM (EST)
19. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
Then why did Ruppert and Sandra's hands go straight up in the air when Jeff asked who would have voted Lil in a JFP/Lil final?

During the airing of Survivor: Outback we have footage of Colby and Tina making a F2 pact and sealing it with a handshake??? I must have missed that episode. If in fact is wasn't shown then I guess it was officially made public AFTER we watched the Finale for that season. Which would make perfect sense to say that to save face for such a bonehead move. It would also be interesting how some people pick and choose certain post-finale "knowledge" as acceptable and others not.

Erik's move was dumb but it only meant the difference between 5th and 3rd place for him. Not sure what the prize money difference we're talking about between those two places...but it sure as heck ain't $900,000.

03-11-12, 02:51 PM (EST)
20. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-12 AT 02:52 PM (EST)

Because they had seen the season by then and had about 4 months to talk to each other. They realized JFP was truly despicable (the grandma lie) while Lil was nice pre-merge and in real life, something they never got to see in person. They only saw the angry, disturbed, emotional Lil. Also, during the reunion, Sandra was feeling gratitude towards Lil for giving her a million. If she had cast a vote on the island, she would have felt anger towards Lil who had, just hours before, voted her out.

We never saw a F2 pact between Tina and Colby but all accounts told us about it, especially Mitchell's interview. The first pair was between Jerri and Mitchell while the second one was Colby and Tina. Amber was their 5th wheel.

"It would also be interesting how some people pick and choose certain post-finale "knowledge" as acceptable and others not."

Easy: Look for those that aren't self-serving.
If someone says: "I played much better than the edit showed" then I strongly doubt the onterview. If someone says: "He played better than it showed" I see it as interesting.

Don't you think Erik could have won F3 IC?

03-11-12, 03:43 PM (EST)
21. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"

I am just repeating what I have said before here, so I'm not going to go on at length about it, but I have never considered what Colby or Ian did to be mistakes.

I believe the two choices were similar. In both cases, they traded in a great shot at a million dollars for something else.

I know it was within the context of the game, a game where the ultimate goal is to win a million dollars. Thus, I understand people considering it a mistake.

But I would never say friendship or integrity or whatever else it is that you are choosing over the million dollars is a mistake if you feel confident in the decision that you made.

In short, if Colby and Ian still feel like they made the right decision, then it wasn't a mistake.

>

03-11-12, 03:48 PM (EST)
22. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"

"They realized JFP was truly despicable (the grandma lie)..."

Final words on the most pathetic F4 in the history of Survivor. By my recollection I do not recall the cast grilling JFP for his dead grandma lie...as a matter of fact some of the cast actually gave him props on Reunion night for cooking up that scheme as despicable as it was. OK...enough about that...

"Don't you think Erik could have won F3 IC?"

"Could have?" I guess anything is possible, but realistically? No, not THAT F3 IC. If the final IC was something "old school" involving endurance or strength, then yes Erik has the advantage and probably wins going away. The final IC in Skankivor: Micronesia was as silly as the circus plate act final IC in China or the House of Cards final IC in Gabon.
So I feel Amanda wins that IC regardless who she goes up against from the F5 that season.

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-10-12, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
Not all men.... but certainly this band of merry misfits.

It still puzzles me why Leif and Bill agreed to go to TC. They knew that their time was limited anyway. Why not say NO... and take their chances on a merge, bust their butts to keep winning immunity, or pray for a miracle?

The only Pro would be to win some brownie points, but who needs brownie points when you're headed to loser-village where I'm sure real brownies are available.

Gotta agree dumbest.move.ever.

03-10-12, 01:35 PM (EST)
4. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
I doubt ALL EIGHT tribemembers wanted to go. I would suspect Colton, Greg, Jonas, and Michael were set on going. By body language and how they responded to Jeff's questions, Jay and Troy not so much. Actually Leif was an easy sell by reassuring him Bill would be the one going after he must have felt like a Dead Man Walking for most of that day. All you need is five Manonos to say yes and the immunity statue gets handed over to Salani. Once Salani has possession of the immunity EVERY Manono must attend TC whether they like it or not.

That's my take on the situation.

03-10-12, 07:00 PM (EST)
8. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-12 AT 07:05 PM (EST)

I was going to make a separate thread to talk about this, but this will do just fine.

What the edit was selling was two contrived big hooks: the Super Villan and the Dumbest Move Ever.

It seems to me that a lot of people have bought what the edit was selling, line and sinker.

You shouldn't. And the conclusive proof that you shouldn't is in the vote itself. Despite the edit suggesting the men wanted to go to TC to vote out Leif, the fact is that the ruling 6 all agreed to vote for Bill. This shows that getting rid of Bill was why 6 of the 8 wanted to go to TC.

Again, this move was painted as idiocy but could the men have actually correctly predicted that a tribal switch was coming after this TC? It appears that is the case.

Since Leif told Bill he was nearly voted out, I think the big concern was that Bill would certainly jump ship on the men after the tribal switch. This would turn the 8-6 male majority into a 7-7 tie, and that isn't counting Michael, who would very well go with Bill if given the chance.

Obviously, the men thought they were better off with 6 solid and 1 questionable in Michael versus going into a tribal switch with 2 rogues. This is actually pretty perceptive considering they are 1) right about the tribal switch and 2) the women actually have possibly 2 rogues themselves in Monica and Christina.

So, why would Colton, Greg, Troy, Jonas and Jay vote to give up immunity? To vote out Bill before the tribal switch gives him new life. Why would Leif vote to go to TC? Same exact reason.

Why would Michael and Bill vote for it? To vote out Leif, which is the reason why that was sold so hard.

Bill said he wanted to go to TC to vote out Colton. Of course, that wasn't happening. So, either he thought he had a shot of that at the time of the decision, or he never voted for it. Or, he isn't supposed to talk about it and is just making crap up.

Even though we were shown Tarzan stating the decision should be anonymous that doesn't mean that it was.

So, I believe there likely was some strong strategic reasons for the men to want to go to TC, starting with the correct assumption that a tribal switch was coming.

Of course, this decision hinges on the notion that Colton is with the men. This would seem to be craziness, but remember that we have been gifted with the edit while the players have not. Has Colton really associated with the women since the day they spurned him?

We haven't seen it. So, it may be understandable that the men believe he is with them.

If he were with the men, (I don't believe he is) then it makes sense to want to go into a tribal switch with Colton having the HII as a weapon that the men could possibly use. That explains why the men would want him around with the HII versus going after him.

So, stupid/crazy? Maybe based off what we've been shown, but not necessarily based off what the men have seen.

This is results-wise the same thing as a tribe throwing a challenge, which has happened several times in the game. The edit has always done its best to make these decisions look as bad as possible, and they should. It negates the entertainment value of the challenges.

Ultimately, I believe the death of the men is going to come down to the same factor as in Day 3: Colton getting the gift HII from production. This decision will only speed the inevitable.

>

03-11-12, 09:37 AM (EST)
15. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
It seems like every week I'm blowing sunshine up your butt with your posts/thoughts, but have to give credit where credit is due and say JOB WELL DONE.

What's really amazing is you, Michel and myself actually agree on the same thing...Let's see what happens AFTER this episode and when/if a tribal switch comes soon. It would appear to occur next episode based on the preview, but we have been misdirected before.

Excellent point about Colton cooling off with the women after they threw him out of their sandbox. Of course that could change on the dime because we are talking about Colton.

Assuming the switch occurs next episode it would be 7 vs. 7 and both new tribes will have an uneven gender distribution. Should Colton be on the tribe with four women, he switches back with the females without any questions and it would be death sentences for the two unlucky men in this switch.

On the other hand if he ends up on a tribe with three women he becomes that all important swing vote who ends up giving their service to the highest bidder or (in Survivor) the biggest liar.

03-11-12, 12:58 PM (EST)
18. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
I want to be on record as saying that, while I agree it wasn't the dumbest move ever, I still think it was pretty dumb!

03-11-12, 12:39 PM (EST)
16. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
"Even though we were shown Tarzan stating the decision should be anonymous that doesn't mean that it was."

I think that, by rule, it had to be unanimous. The men won immunity so each one had a claim to it. You can give up your immunity but it cannot be taken away from you.

If a simple majority wanted to give it up then it would be like stealing it from someone. I don't know this for sure but, based on the contract, I think that's how it works.

As for the rest, I mostly agree with you except for a couple of facts:

- They got rid of one outsider but they created a couple in return. You can't be trusted if you are that sneaky.

- In a switch, they could have put the target on Bill if they acted quickly with the women. Both groups would have had 4 men and 3 women. You immediately neutralize Bill by telling him the 4 guys are sticking together and then you gain the trust of one woman by telling her that Bill is the real target. It could backfire but, trust me, when someone offers you an alliance, the first reaction is to accept it. The guys just needed to find the most paranoid woman in the group and offer her safety to the merge.

03-11-12, 04:34 PM (EST)
23. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"

"I think that, by rule, it had to be unanimous. The men won immunity so each one had a claim to it. You can give up your immunity but it cannot be taken away from you. If a simple majority wanted to give it up then it would be like stealing it from someone."

Interesting concept and would be curious to know the official ruling on this.

The men won the immunity as a team. It is a competition where a SINGLE prize or statue is awarded as opposed to eight separate awards given to each member of the team. The prize is then either possessed, traded, or "stolen" as a team so no individual theft is committed when a majority of the team doesn't want it.

Obviously I don't know this for sure either, but I would think if the Immunity Statue is given to Salani in any way, it becomes Salani's possession and Manono must attend TC.

03-11-12, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-bill-posley-talks-about-survivor-one-world-%28part-1%29-13234.php

Bill: Once the idea of giving up immunity was put out there, it came to our knowledge that it basically had to be all of us or it couldn't happen.

03-11-12, 04:56 PM (EST)
25. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-12 AT 04:57 PM (EST)

I just read that, according to Bill, it had to be unanimous:

Reality TV World: What I was really looking to ask was last night's episode seemed to go out of its way to suggest that the only way you guys could give up tribal immunity is if everybody in your tribe agreed to do so -- so just to clarify, was that one of the conditions that was in the rulebook or part of the ruling you got from the producers? Because that's something that the show did broadcast but didn't explain in detail.

Bill Posley: Right, right. Once the idea of giving up immunity was put out there, it came to our knowledge that it basically had to be all of us or it couldn't happen. I legitimately felt that either Leif was going home or I had a chance to get Colton, and that's why I went -- I legitimately felt those two things. It was a big move. It was a big move.

ETA: Thanks Dabo, you have faster fingers!

03-11-12, 07:01 PM (EST)
26. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"

That just makes it worse for Michael, Bill and Jay, especially. If just one of them says no, then the women go to TC.

They didn't have to worry about being voted out over it thanks to the upcoming tribal switch. You make it to the tribal switch, and the other men will need you.

You take your chances with an 8-6 advantage into the switch and hope you end up in a favorable situation.

>

03-11-12, 07:48 PM (EST)
27. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
There has been a switch every single time they've done the men v women twist, so they should have been expecting it, just not knowing when.

Thing is, Jonas was right, a man up is better than reward, and two men up is better still. But they weren't actually a man up because they are harboring Colton, who will betray the men and throw in with the women as quickly as he can. So 8-7 was actually 7-8. Letting the women go to TC would have made it 7-7. As things worked out the men are now at 6-8. Colton duped the lot of them, and I'll give him credit for playing them so well. Their best option, letting the women go to TC or going to TC and booting Colton, was 7-7 either way.

03-12-12, 07:17 PM (EST)
31. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
Even with the "official" word that it had to be unanimous, as soon as the majority were gung ho on going, if you were not in that majority you had better darn well be ONE HUNDRED PERCENT sure of a tribal switch going into the next challenge is you're going to force Manono to keep immunity.

Because if no switch occurs whoever is dead set on not going and thus prevents the majority from doing what they want, is a dead duck next episode.

Think about it...if the majority is willing to hand over immunity they already won they will not think twice of throwing the next IC to ensure they go to TC and punish the person who prevented the unanimous decision.

I'm happy my curiosity was solved but in my mind it doesn't change anything about majority rules while the team (tribe) concept still prevails in the early stage of the game

03-12-12, 07:48 PM (EST)
32. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
But even without a swap, 3 days is an eternity out there. Cooler heads would have prevailed and Bill was still there to eliminate.

And what if Jay and Michael had both said it was smarter to keep immunity, does Manono throw 3 challenges to kill 'em all?

03-13-12, 05:58 PM (EST)
36. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
Colton's head could "prevail" in three days??? Make me laugh!

Someone would have to be the one to initiate a desire to want to keep immunity or pitch the idea first. Whoever is that one would be most at risk for next TC, hence the hesitancy to be THAT ONE when the majority has already made their feelings known.

Actually I believe it was Jay and Troy more on the fence with this than Michael. If Jay or Troy felt a decent amount of threat to be voted out it could have been worth the risk. But both were feeling pretty safe, so I can understand not wanting to be the ONE to challange the majority.

03-13-12, 07:44 PM (EST)
37. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
So, you are admitting that, had you been there, you would have gone along, riding Colton's coat-tails!!

I know exactly what I would have done if I had been in that huddle: As soon as Jay said he was bum-puzzled and didn't understand, I would have jumped in saying: "I'm with Jay. That challenge win felt so good that we can't give it up."

See, no initiation per se but already 2 people are on the same wavelength to keep immunity. I'd continue to direct the discussion that way, turning to Jay to keep him with me.

03-14-12, 07:18 PM (EST)
38. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
This current situation has never been about riding coattails but instead it's more about working with a team/tribe. It's apparent our definitions pertaining to "riding coattails" are VASTLY different.

If I was on that tribe I'd be pretty PO'd at several things: 1) I have a castaway in serious need of professional help on my tribe (something I had ZERO control of), 2) this moron had the HII gifted to him no thanks to himself, and 3) because of this huge benefit a couple of suck-ups have their noses up his butt.

The good news is it's not a permanent situation. Sometimes the best option is to bide your time especially if you feel strongly the situation will eventually self-destruct. Colton is a train wreck waiting to happen and has NO chance of winning. Once the game becomes more individual than tribe dynamics, then I'll be able to play my game. And I can assure you it would NOT involve coattail riding.

03-12-12, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
Didnt COlton tell the men in his alliance that the women gave him the idol? I think so... that's reason enough to think he might jump ship.

03-14-12, 07:52 PM (EST)
39. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
Yes he did, but the women (namely Sabrina) gave him the HII because she was MANDATED to. Being there was no strategy on his part in obtaining the HII and Sabrina was forced to hand it over, I'm not sure that would be enough reason to suspect Colton would automatically join forces with the women if given the chance.

03-12-12, 10:00 AM (EST)
30. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
T think the men are given too much credit in this discussion of dumb move or not. Those guys are just not that savvy to have run through all of the scenarios being thrown out here. If anything "good" comes out of this it will only happen because the men went "stumbling and fumbling" into it. I think it clearly is what we saw... Revolton and Tarzan flying off the handle and the others cowardly falling in line. But then again still... a glimmer of sanity occured when they voted out Bill instead of Leif. But I am holding fast to my opinion that it was a dumb move, fueled mostly by the temper tantrum of a spoiled child.

03-10-12, 05:51 PM (EST)
6. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
The move happened much too early to be called Dumbest ever. What if a man goes on to win? The effects of this move are so complex that we don't know if that man would have even come close to winning without it.

As is, the move apparently saved Alicia or Christina. If a man wins because he already had or eventually forms an alliance with one of those two, who is to say that, for him, it wasn't the best move ever?

And throwing challenges has been done before. This is worse because it told Salani that Manono was divided but the difference isn't so great to call it dumber. The 4 original tribes that threw challenges; Sook Jai, Drake, Aitutaki and Zapatera all went into tail-spins after that decision. Of those 4 teams, only Aitu knew that there would be a tribal swap. This time, with a season starting as Men vs Women, Manono knew there would be a swap. The "Team" concept isn't as important then. And Bill isn't Russell. I'd therefore say that Sook Jai and Drake made dumber decisions but even those weren't the dumbest ever.

The dumbest moves ever still go to Alex and Erik.

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-12, 07:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-12 AT 07:31 AM (EST)

Did get rid of one potential recruit for the strongest women's alliance after merge. And if Leif believed he was in danger, he probably will not give away alliance secrets again.

Even the usual reason for not throwing challenges: that you might not win future IC as easily as you think you will, might not matter this year. Not certain that large same gender alliances will hold up until the end of the show. And if Colton has made allies on the women's side, he may have more than enough votes to control voting after merge.

krismiss2us 787 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-12-12, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
geez guys. all i said was dumbest move ever and ya'll go off quoting from season freakin 1 or some such sh!t. didn't mean to make ya use your thinkin caps!

03-12-12, 08:58 PM (EST)
34. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
LOL! But this is how they have fun!

I gave up discussing antique Survivor for Lent, got to say it is easier this way.

03-12-12, 09:12 PM (EST)
35. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER"
When someone uses the words best ever or dumbest ever, I take it as a challenge!

michel2 189 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-14, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Winner!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-09-14 AT 04:58 PM (EST)

This discussion has come to an end: Woo is the Dumbest of them all.

So when asked "Who made the dumbest move ever on Survivor?" don't say "I don't know" simply answer "You are right."

Colonel Zoiderg 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-09-14, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Winner!"
Was he really any dumber than Colby, who did the same thing?

MCPorche 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-09-14, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MCPorche Click to send private message to MCPorche Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Winner!"
Yeah...I'd actually say that Colby was worse.

Maybe my memory is wrong...but wasn't Tina fairly well liked? There is the possibility that some of the players this season assumed that enough of the jury would be bitter at Tony that they (Woo) could beat him.

06-11-14, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Winner!"
Tina was well liked, yes, but so was Colby. Woo needed all the help he could get and Krass was easily the most hated contestant there.

Colby only lost 4-3 and his loyalty was understandable since he was honoring a Final 2 deal. That makes it hard to say he made a mistake.

Woo lost 8-1 to Tony when he probably would have won 9-0 against Krass and his loyalty is incomprehensible since he knew Tony had plotted to vote him out and would have done so instantly had he won final immunity.

06-19-14, 06:45 PM (EST)
46. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Winner!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-19-14 AT 06:48 PM (EST)

"Yeah...I'd actually say that Colby was worse."

"Maybe my memory is wrong...but wasn't Tina fairly well liked? There is the possibility that some of the players this season assumed that enough of the jury would be bitter at Tony that they (Woo) could beat him."

Right you are on every count, MCPorche

Everyone on the Jury liked the quintessential Soccer Mom. Not the case with Colby. Keith flat out hated him. It was blatantly obvious that Jerri had the "hotts" for Colby, but Colby wanted no part of a sappy showmance.

Although Jerri would never ever admit it, it must have been crushing to a woman who thought she was God's gift to the male population. Colby also promised her a F3 spot he reneged on. Based on these two facts alone he had absolutely zero chance of getting Jerri's vote.

When you are staring at a Jury of seven, need four votes to win, have no chance of getting two of them, and pass up the opportunity to sit next to the most annoying castaway that season...THAT'S the dumbest ever.

What makes Colby vs. Woo an apples to orange comparison is Woo RODE Tony's coattails whereas Colby WORE the coattails.

In retrospect, yes Woo's move was dumb, but in my other post on this threat I explained why it was not the "dumbest ever."

06-19-14, 07:07 PM (EST)
47. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Winner!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-19-14 AT 07:44 PM (EST)

What you are pointing out by saying that the jury didn't like Colby is that a Colby vs Keith Final 2 would not have been a certain thing for the Colbster. You are right to a certain extent: Colby would certainly get votes from Lamber, Kentucky and Nick but none of the other 4 would have been locks. Tina would probably have voted against him and LisLis would have done the same just because she was doing whatever Tina said. Jerri's head would have exploded having to decide between the man that betrayed her and the one she hated. Finally, Keith could have gotten some votes simply by saying: "If I hadn't won the immunity challenge at the merge then all of Ogakor was dead. Colby wouldn't be here without that crucial win." I think that would have worked on Alicia at least. Therefore, you seem to be proving my point that Colby's move wasn't that dumb.

PS: Colby won challenges but he still rode Tina's coattails whenever it came time to vote. She decided ALL the votes.

06-19-14, 09:38 PM (EST)
49. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Winner!"
I never said "the jury" didn't like Colby...I said he had no chance of getting Keith and Jerri's votes at FTC. With Keith in the Finals Colby wouldn't have to worry about Keith voting against him.

Despite your spinology, to even remotely suggest Keith would have beaten Colby in the Finals is plain ludicrous.

Colby voted out the players he did because they were bigger challenge threats compared to the lame inept players he finished the game with; not because Tina told him to. That's the only reason he was able to have his immunity run at the end.

Therefore, YES Colby won the challenges and YES Tina rode Colby's coattails.

06-20-14, 06:03 PM (EST)
51. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Winner!"
I'm not saying that Keith would have won, just that Colby had some reasonable fear that he may lose to him especially since he would have had to eliminate Tina who would not have forgiven him.

Colby was always a dumba$$ when it came to strategy. A$$ and HvV certainly proved that Colby was about as smart a player as Erik the ice cream scooper. In the Outback, Colby first followed blindly what Jerri told him to do until Tina woke him up and told him they had to keep Keith and boot Mitchell. The same happened after 5the merge4 where Colby again followed Tina blindly. He didn't like the idea of booting Jerri at F8 but he obeyed. he only time he disobeyed his "Australian Mom" was when it came to booting Lamber. Still, despite little Colby's refusal, Tina got her way once again and Lamber left.

06-22-14, 05:32 AM (EST)
55. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Winner!"
Tina rode Colby to the end and was given the win by the dumbest move ever. Nothing more for me to say on this fact that I haven't already stated about a gazillion times over the years.

06-22-14, 07:02 AM (EST)
57. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Winner!"
With this way of putting it, we actually agree: Tina rode her dumb mule to the end, guiding him all the way through the game.

06-11-14, 05:34 PM (EST)
43. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Winner!"
Absolutely. Colby had a chance to win against either Keith or Tina whereas Woo HAD to take Krass in order to win. Tony even told Woo a day or so before the finale that Krass would get zero votes.

06-19-14, 06:30 PM (EST)
45. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Winner!"
It took a while to get a post season thread going, although I'm not surprised being there was very little love for Tony (even though he clearly outplayed the other castaways this season.)

It's also a breath of fresh air NOT to have a sore-losing, bitter jury casting disgruntled votes in the end for the "other' finalist. Simply put...the Jury got it right...this time.

As for this thread "Dumbest Move Ever:" In this poster's opinion Colby still has that dubious distinction.

We the viewers had the benefit of listening to the parting words of every booted player joining the Jury, and it suggested this Jury would not cast bitter votes. The only juror I recall taking the "low road" in her parting words was Pillow Morgan and they were directed toward Kass. With Kass not in the Finals that became irrelevant. Woo, as well as the other players in the game, did not have the benefit we did to determine whether this Jury might be bitter or not.

As a student of the game, you can't fault Woo for thinking he had history on his side. Sore-losers (along with a major blunder of how he played the game with Alicia) deprived Rob the win in S8. The same type of cry-babies refused to give the win to Russell twice. Other examples exist where disgruntled Juries gave the win to another finalist by bitter default. I believe Woo honestly thought he has a realistic shot at beating Tony based on this history.

Here's another point to consider. At the F4 TC, had Tony not voted Spencer and wrote down Woo's name, we would have had a fire-making tie-breaker between Spencer and Woo. Had Tony not stayed loyal to Woo at the F4 TC and Spencer goes on to win the tie-breaker, Woo would not have been in the F3 and in a position to win the final IC to take Tony to the Finals.

One final consideration. Although Kass was appropriately tagged the perfect F2 goat, one had to have some concern sitting next to a seasoned courtroom attorney who would have been in her element at FTC. But even if Kass gave a FTC performance for the ages, IMO I do not think she wins.

I believe a majority of the jurors were voting Tony even before they marched into FTC, so kudos to them for purposely making him sweat during the inquisition. I thought that was the highlight of Finale Night.

With all that being said, taking Kass to the Finals would have been an easy win for Woo as opposed to thinking he had a chance to beat Tony. So that in itself qualifies it as a dumb move in his quest to win Survivor. But for all the reasons stated above, not the "dumbest move ever."

This was one of the better seasons we've had recently that culminated in a deserving winner. My illusion that perhaps Production might "wake up" and credit this season's success to an entire cast of first timers was short-lived with the announcement of B vs. W II.

Oh well...

06-19-14, 07:19 PM (EST)
48. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Winner!"
Tony cannot be considered a deserving winner because he is the luckiest winner ever. Krass winning would have proven that the jury wasn't bitter but between the lucky man and the dumbass what choice did they really have? At least, compared to Woo, Tony played the game even if he was totally inept in the final challenges.

I wonder how you would have reacted if Krass had beaten Woo in that final challenge. She came within a fraction of a second of doing so and she flat out outplayed your "deserving winner". Had she won it and taken Woo, would you have been rooting for her or would you have been bitter?!!!!!

PS: B vs W II is supposed to be done with all new cast members, no returning players.

06-19-14, 10:00 PM (EST)
50. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Winner!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-19-14 AT 10:07 PM (EST)

Whereas Tony did have some good fortunate in the game, it does not take away from the fact that Tony played harder, worked harder, and searched harder than anyone else this season. For those reasons he was this season's deserving winner.

Kass winning?????? What season were you watching. She had no chance of winning in any scenario.

Although Tony never wore an immunity necklace at TC, he did possess three immunities in the game. That's part of playing the game and there's nothing "inept" about that.

Yes his challenge performances were nothing to write home about, but even by his own admission, he totally sucked at puzzles...and Production seemed to be orgasmic about puzzles this past season. In several challenges he enjoyed an early lead only to falter at the final puzzle stage. By no means am I making excuses for him; just stating the facts. But at I stated before, being able to have immunity by possessing idols serves the same purpose as wearing an IN.

Had Kass won the final IC she would voted out the more deserving player she had no chance of beating and taken Woo to the Finals who would have beaten her as well.

This would have been a similar scenario to how S3 Africa ended when Kim won the final IC and voted out the most deserving player that season (Lex) resulting in a likable player (Ethan) winning the game.

I was not bitter when Ethan won, so I would not have been bitter had Woo won over Kass.

PS: Thanks for the good news that B vs. W II will be with all new players. You now realize that means you'll have to put up with me for another season! LOL

06-20-14, 06:30 PM (EST)
52. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Winner!"
>Whereas Tony did have some good
>fortunate in the game, it
>does not take away from
>the fact that Tony played
>harder, worked harder, and searched
>harder than anyone else this
>season. For those reasons he
>was this season's deserving winner.

"Some good luck"? I say he had the most good luck we've ever seen. In addition to the dumbest move ever, Tony had the good luck to have someone as docile as Trash to save him. Trash said it herself: No one trusted Tony, they trusted HER and she was the one that put out the fires that his stupid strategy created.

In addition, Tony was playing for a Final 3 which meant he was extremely lucky that Krass won the Final 4 immunity. If she hadn't made that incredible come back, Spencer would have won it instead and he would have certainly won the Final 3 vote.

Even after they learned it was a F2, Tony was lucky that Spencer wasn't there anymore because he could have also won the F3 immunity. You'd expect he would have been running much faster than Krass and she only lost by a fraction of a second. Tony had no chance of beating Spencer in the end so Krass did him a huge favor. Imagine, he needed Krass to win immunity and she did! How lucky was that?! If I were to make a winners' ranking, Tony would be ahead of Fabio and Bob but not many others.

>Kass winning?????? What season were
>you watching. She had no
>chance of winning in any
>scenario.

I know because the jury would have been much too bitter to give her the title!!!! Between Krass and Woo, she would have been the most deserving one for sure.

>Although Tony never wore an immunity
>necklace at TC, he did
>possess three immunities in the
>game. That's part of
>playing the game and there's
>nothing "inept" about that.

I'd say it's part of the gimmick that the game of Survivor has become. I'm astonished that you are such a fan of the idol to equate finding one to winning immunity. I put much less importance on winning immunity than you do but I still consider winning a challenge much more of an accomplishement than finding a bobble in the sand.

>Had Kass won the final IC
>she would voted out the
>more deserving player she had
>no chance of beating and
>taken Woo to the Finals
>who would have beaten her
>as well.
>This would have been a similar
>scenario to how S3 Africa
>ended when Kim won the
>final IC and voted out
>the most deserving player that
>season (Lex) resulting in a
>likable player (Ethan) winning the
>game.
>I was not bitter when Ethan
>won, so I would not
>have been bitter had Woo
>won over Kass.

But Ethan was a much better player than Woo because he was a true partner to Lex, not just someone that went along like Woo. Spencer's description of Woo in his FTC comment was completely accurate.

Personally, I felt that Krass would have been much more deserving than Woo.

06-21-14, 07:01 AM (EST)
53. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Winner!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-21-14 AT 07:25 AM (EST)

Michel, Michel. Michel...

When it's a player you dislike, you will take your PhD in Spinology and refuse to give even a morsel of credit to that castaway even when if fact they outplayed the others and deserved to win.

I agree the way the ICs played out at the end of the game clearly benefitted Tony. So what else is new???

Natalie does not get the title if Hantz doesn't defeat Brett in the final IC.

Ethan does not win if Kim doesn't outlast Lex.

Sandra does not get the title handed to her if Lil doesn't better Fairplay on that silly lillypad.

Earl doesn't win if Dre does not outlast Yauman.

And the list goes on and on...

So yes, I admit Tony caught breaks along the way, but far from the "most luckiest ever."

HMMMM... in an early season Love/Loathe list YOU said Trish was an outsider until Tony took her in and aligned with her. So Trish displays loyalty to the man who brings her in and you spin that off as good "luck" for Tony???!!!

SPIN, SPIN, SPIN...it's a wonder you don't get yourself dizzy!

It's no secret I despise Kass, but (unlike yourself) I will give credit where credit is due. Kass clearly had an innate mental ability to solve puzzles. With Production being "puzzle happy" this season it served Kass well especially in the endgame. Which is why I would not be so certain Spencer wins the final IC.

But that fact does not make Kass a deserving winner in this game. Quite honestly, if Tony, Spencer, or Tasha did not make it to the Finals, then no one IMO would be "deserving" to win this season. It wouldn't be the first time on Survivor we had pathetic finalists at FTC. Although someone has to walk away with the title...deserving or not.

To not vote for a castaway who outplayed the others in the game resulting in you sitting on the jury is bitter. To not vote for a classless b!tch who flips the bird to a player officially voted out of the game is NOT bitter. There's a MONSTER difference between the two.

Who's "equating" finding an idol to winning an idol? What I said is putting out more effort than anyone else to seek and possess a HII is in no way "inept" in my book. Many times winning immunity is more impressive than finding immunity. Although there are times when a challenge is SOOO ridiculously silly, I would say finding a HII is more impressive. It all depends on the challenge and how the HII is possessed.

You want to talk "gimmick!" How about One World when the HII was literally placed in Colton's lap becoming a walking time bomb to implode the male tribe paving the way for a major advantage for the women. Given that scenario perhaps we can now say that Kim was the "luckiest winner of all." *snort*

I agree Ethan was a more deserving winner than Woo would have been given a Woo/Kass Final, but neither of the two would have been more deserving over the other in that scenario. As much as I dislike FTC becoming a vote for Mr/Ms Congeniality, when the real deserving castaway(s) are not in the Finals and you are forced to have to vote for a winner, then I have no problem with the title going to the most likable.

06-21-14, 06:24 PM (EST)
54. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Winner!"

>Michel, Michel. Michel...
>
>When it's a player you dislike,
>you will take your PhD
>in Spinology and refuse to
>give even a morsel of
>credit to that castaway even
>when if fact they outplayed
>the others and deserved to
>win.

This is your type of spin, twisting my reasons to make it look like I have a personal beef against Tony. You know better since you made all those Lvoe/hate lists: I always put Tony high on my lists so you KNOW I didn't dislike him. That's the way YOU work; refusing to give credit to players you hate. It must kill you that Sandra won this game twice and that many consider her the best player ever!!!!!

No, I called Tony the luckiest winner ever because that is exactly what he is. Even if I enjoyed his game and his antics, he won despite making dumb mistakes and being inept in challenges to the point where he needed Krass to win the key one and then have Woo inexplicably carry him to the end.

>I agree the way the ICs
>played out at the end
>of the game clearly benefitted
>Tony. So what else is
>new???
>Natalie does not get the title
>if Hantz doesn't defeat Brett
>in the final IC.
>Ethan does not win if Kim
>doesn't outlast Lex.
>Sandra does not get the title
>handed to her if Lil
>doesn't better Fairplay on that
>silly lillypad.
>Earl doesn't win if Dre does
>not outlast Yauman.
>And the list goes on and
>on...
>
>So yes, I admit Tony caught
>breaks along the way, but
>far from the "most luckiest
>ever."

But Krass winning the key challenge was only one of his big breaks, even the tribal swap worked wonderfully for him.

>HMMMM... in an early season Love/Loathe
>list YOU said Trish was
>an outsider until Tony took
>her in and aligned with
>her. So Trish displays loyalty
>to the man who brings
>her in and you spin
>that off as good "luck"
>for Tony???!!!
>
>SPIN, SPIN, SPIN...it's a wonder you
>don't get yourself dizzy!

Trash was an outsider in the original Apari but she didn't stay that way very long. She earned Sarah's trust to the point where the cop told her about her plan to throw the challenge. Sarah never told Tony because she didn't trust him enough. Trash was also the one that made the alliance with LJ. That was much more key than you probably can envision because if the new Aparri had voted LJ out, keeping the original Brawn tribe members strong, then Krass doesn't flip at the merge, giving Tony the neccessary numbers. Also, Tony was damn lucky that Trash did all the work to get Krass to flip. He did ABSOLUTELY nothing to gain that advantage. Instead, Tony should have lost all chances to win the game when he yelled "Top five baby" after a challenge win. Luck, luck, luck, he had it coming out of his arse.

>It's no secret I despise Kass,
>but (unlike yourself) I will
>give credit where credit is
>due. Kass clearly had an
>innate mental ability to solve
>puzzles. With Production being "puzzle
>happy" this season it served
>Kass well especially in the
>endgame. Which is why I
>would not be so certain
>Spencer wins the final IC.

Wait a second... I make the point that Tony was lucky to have Krass win F4 immunity to help him get rid of Spencer and you counter that by saying that Krass could have won the F3 immunity???? Do you see how illogic that is? OK, I admit Krass could have won the F3 immunity over Spencer and Tony. If she had, how would that make it less of a huge break for Tony? The big branwy guy needed little ole Krass to win his battle.

>But that fact does not make
>Kass a deserving winner in
>this game. Quite honestly, if
>Tony, Spencer, or Tasha did
>not make it to the
>Finals, then no one IMO
>would be "deserving" to win
>this season. It wouldn't be
>the first time on Survivor
>we had pathetic finalists at
>FTC. Although someone has to
>walk away with the title...deserving
>or not.

All the winners are deserving. The only problem I have is with Fabio and that's mainly because of the two quitters and the Sash/Jane imbroglio. Even Tony deserved his win even if he was luckier than every other winner besides Fabio and Bob.

>To not vote for a castaway
>who outplayed the others in
>the game resulting in you
>sitting on the jury is
>bitter. To not vote for
>a classless b!tch who flips
>the bird to a player
>officially voted out of the
>game is NOT bitter. There's
>a MONSTER difference between the
>two.

That accounts only for ONE vote. Krass had no chance to win because Sarah, Morgan, Spencer, Tasha and Jeremiah would have been bitter and she never flipped them the bird. You say that this jury wasn't bitter but they were. They most certainly were bitter against Krass but they never had a chance to spew their venom on TV.

>Who's "equating" finding an idol to
>winning an idol? What I
>said is putting out more
>effort than anyone else to
>seek and possess a HII
>is in no way "inept"
>in my book.

My take is that the idols almost always wind up in the pocket of the player that production wanted to find it. It's easy: Spencer got the clue in HIS napkin. Tony got the camera to point at the tree where it was hidden... In Redemption Island, Production was tricked by Ralph and Kristina who found the idols before Hantz and Morono so they aren't about to get duped again.

>You want to talk "gimmick!" How
>about One World when the
>HII was literally placed in
>Colton's lap becoming a walking
>time bomb to implode the
>male tribe paving the way
>for a major advantage for
>the women. Given that scenario
>perhaps we can now say
>that Kim was the "luckiest
>winner of all." *snort*

Kim won because she outwitted everyone. She did have luck but most of it was pre-merge. From the merge on, she orchestrated the game much like Tony did for a while except she knew how to proceed all the way to the end while he needed luck to save him from his rash decisions and his ineptness in challenges.

06-22-14, 06:30 AM (EST)
56. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Winner!"
Tony was inept in puzzle-solving. As a matter of fact he flat out sucked at it. But to make a blanket statement that he was "inept in challenges" is erroneous.

He more than held his own in the team challenges. One in particular was mastering a non-"brawny" task of nailing all the sandbags in the baskets in no time flat bringing home the victory for his team. Oh yeah...that was luck coming out of his arse.

In the first IC after merge he hung tough and outlasted eight other castaways on the Bermuda Triangles only to lose to surfer boy Woo. I don't recall any puzzles in that challenge. Oh yeah...more luck coming out of his arse.

He totally KILLED the RC when he chose to bring Trish on a pizza party. The buckets were supposed to be weighed but he dominated so handily they didn't even have to. I don't recall any puzzles in that challenge but I guess that was more luck coming out of his arse. *snort*

As stated before, several times his challenge performance deservingly got him an early lead only to watch it falter due to the puzzles.

By no means was Tony a "challenge beast" but far from "inept" in challenges.

Allow me to repeat my opening line from the last Love/Loathe List this past season:

"If Daniel Defoe was inspired to write "Robinson Crusoe" today after watching Survivor, I think he might have to add a chapter when Crusoe finds a crate washed up on shore containing puzzles, sudokus and rubic's cubes."

As long as Production will continue to be orgasmic about puzzles I guess "big brawny" players will need "little ole" puzzle solvers to help them along the way.

It doesn't kill me when a pathetically inept castaway wins the title...what's disappointing is idiotic morons allowing it to happen by committing (what I regard) one of the biggest cardinal sins in the game: "AWWWWWW, Don't worry about that non-threat inept player...there's enough time to deal with him/her later on the game." Historically castaways have been lucky to be the sole survivor as a result of that blunder...one was even allowed to increase her net worth by two million.

As much as you want to knock Tony, he was determined to NOT allow that to happen with Pillow Morgan and did not make the same blunder that benefitted other subpar players who backed into wins. Kudos to him!

I was being partially sarcastic when I said Kim must have been the luckiest of all. Yes part of her win was attributed to playing the game well, but a big part was dumba$$ luck too.

Production admitted on Finale Night they were hoping for Spencer to find the HII with Special Powers. But it was Tony who found it. Jeff Probst said himself that same night that Tony worked harder and searched harder than any other player this season. This is not insinuation, it is not spin...these are exact words coming from Production/Jeff.

So I will stated one last time and this will be my last post here...

Tony worked harder, played harder, searched harder, and put more thought into the game than anyone else this season culminating in a deserving win.

If you still refuse to see that obvious fact then you were watching this season with two blind eyes.

06-22-14, 07:15 AM (EST)
58. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Winner!"
Tony was inept in the challenges he needed to win so he was damn lucky to have Krass win his battles for him and even luckier that Woo is the dumbest player ever.

PS. An opinion, even yours, isn't an "obvious fact". The only fact here is that Tony was lucky since he had no power of decision at the end and that Woo obviously made the wrong decision if he wanted to win.

udg 3364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-22-14, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: DUMBEST MOVE EVER: We Have a Winner!"
I'm not surprised being there was very little love for Tony (even though he clearly outplayed the other castaways this season.)

I had three problems with Tony.

1) I didn't find him very likable as a person.

2) He played a very inelegant game. He told lies he didn't need to tell. Overall, it felt like he didn't win the game so much as a few other cast members lost it.

3) Too many freaking idols. I understand, that's production's fault, but Tony had so much immunity by mid season that it made the whole show a bit boring. I flat out fast forwarded through 2/3 of one episode and skipped parts of a couple of others. And honestly, I think having all those idols contributed significantly to #2. It allowed him to get away with being sloppy in his social game.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •