The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-20-12, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
What makes a good season?

For me, the main factors are the characters. Just like Jeff said that he wanted the applicants to show their essence while filming their presentation videos, I want the editors to show us the essence of the people they chose to cast.

I firmly believe that the people cast to be on the show are ALL interesting, at least on some levels. I've never been to a survivor event but I've read from many people that met the players and they all say that they have great personalities. Most of the time, a character is a dud because he or she doesn't fit in the story.

The next factor has to be the location and how the local culture comes into play during the show. You watch any episode of Season 16 and you soon KNOW that you are in China. Tell me how would anyone have known that season 21 was played in Nicaragua?

Then and only then comes the game itself and I want to see lots of interesting strategy. The winner's game does come into play but it's very difficult to know exactly what happened out there because so much is cut to keep it simple for the average viewer and because of time constraints. So I put only a little weight on the actual winner's game.

I'm not ready yet to list my favorite seasons even if I believe the first 12 would all rank in the top 15 with maybe only China, Tocantins and Fans versus Favorites matching up with those early seasons. So, before I post my list, I'd love to read your feedback, either by presenting your own list if you have one or telling me what you look for in a good season.

Ils sont fous, ces Romains!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. SpotTheDifference 12-20-12 1
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. garyc 12-20-12 2
       RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. michel 12-20-12 4
           RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. garyc 12-22-12 8
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. michel 12-20-12 3
       RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. SpotTheDifference 12-21-12 5
           RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. michel 12-21-12 6
               RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. SpotTheDiffference 12-21-12 7
 My List michel 12-22-12 9
   RE: My List SpotTheDiffference 12-22-12 10
       RE: My List michel 12-22-12 11
 RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. iltarion 12-29-12 12
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. michel 12-30-12 13
       RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. iltarion 01-11-13 18
           RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. michel 01-11-13 19
 RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. Flowerpower 12-31-12 14
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. michel 01-01-13 15
       RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. Flowerpower 01-02-13 16
 RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. kingfish 01-02-13 17
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. bondt007 02-14-13 20
       RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. SOAR64 02-15-13 21
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. michel 02-16-13 22
 Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again dabo 05-15-13 23
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... michel 05-15-13 24
       RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... SpotTheDifference 05-17-13 25
           Heyya, Spot! dabo 05-17-13 26
               RE: Heyya, Spot! SpotTheDifference 05-18-13 27
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... dabo 05-18-13 28
       RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... michel 05-19-13 29
           RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... PepeLePew13 05-19-13 30
               RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... michel 05-19-13 32
                   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... PepeLePew13 05-22-13 37
                       RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... dabo 05-22-13 38
                       RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... michel 05-22-13 39
                           RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... PepeLePew13 05-22-13 40
                               RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... michel 05-22-13 42
                                   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... PepeLePew13 05-22-13 44
                                       RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... michel 05-22-13 46
           RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... dabo 05-19-13 31
               RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... michel 05-19-13 33
                   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... dabo 05-19-13 34
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... dabo 05-21-13 35
       RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... michel 05-21-13 36
           RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... dabo 05-22-13 41
               RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... michel 05-22-13 43
                   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... dabo 05-22-13 45
                       RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... michel 05-22-13 47
                           RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... dabo 05-22-13 48
                               RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... michel 05-23-13 49
                                   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... dabo 05-23-13 50
                                       RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons A... michel 05-23-13 51
 RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. Jims02 05-25-13 52
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. michel 05-25-13 53
       RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. Jims02 05-26-13 60
           RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. michel 05-27-13 67
 RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. Ottawa Girl 05-25-13 54
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. michel 05-25-13 57
       RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. Ottawa Girl 05-25-13 58
           RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. dabo 05-25-13 59
               RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. Ottawa Girl 05-26-13 62
                   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. michel 05-26-13 65
           RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. michel 05-26-13 61
               RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. Ottawa Girl 05-26-13 63
                   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. michel 05-26-13 64
                       RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. Ottawa Girl 05-26-13 66
 RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. Ottawa Girl 05-25-13 55
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. Ottawa Girl 05-25-13 56
 RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. Neliah 01-20-14 68
   Welcome! tribephyl 01-20-14 69
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. Ottawa Girl 01-20-14 70
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. michel 01-23-14 71
 RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. dabo 03-27-14 72
   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. PepeLePew13 04-03-14 73
       RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. michel2 04-05-14 74
           RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. PepeLePew13 04-10-14 75
               RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. michel2 04-12-14 77
                   RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. dabo 04-12-14 78
                       RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. michel2 04-13-14 79
           RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons. dabo 04-10-14 76

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SpotTheDifference 937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-20-12, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
I'm guessing that's a typo up there--China being season 16.

My main criteria for a good season is the characters. Are they likeable? Do they bring anything to the table in terms of story and strategy? A year after I watched them, are they still memorable?

The story being told by the editors is also one of my main criteria. My least favorite seasons are generally the ones whose stories are dominated by a very few people, with the other players pretty much just in the background.

Lastly, it's how I remember that particular season. I don't have the time to re-watch all of the episodes, but during the off-season, I try watching two or three previous seasons to see if I still like it even when I know who the winner is going to be. This also means that my rankings will probably change over time, depending on whether or not I enjoy the re-watch.

Here are my rankings:

1. S09 - Vanuatu
2. S15 - China
3. S06 - Amazon
4. S07 - Pearl Islands
5. S20 - Heroes vs. Villains
6. S02 - Australia
7. S16 - Micronesia
8. S18 - Tocantins
9. S10 - Palau
10. S11 - Guatemala
11. S25 - Philippines
12. S04 - Marquesas
13. S12 - Panama
14. S01 - Borneo
15. S03 - Africa
16. S24 - One World
17. S14 - Fiji
18. S13 - Cook Islands
19. S17 - Gabon
20. S21 - Nicaragua
21. S05 - Thailand
22. S08 - All-Stars
23. S19 - Samoa
24. S23 - South Pacific
25. S22 - Redemption Island

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-20-12, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
I'm starting to lose track of the seasons. But my top 5 are:

1) Fans vs. Favorites (by a lot)
2) Cook Islands (Yul, Ozzy etc. vs. Candace, Adam etc.)
3) Coach's first season (Tocantins was it?)
4) Heroes vs. Villains
5) Tie: Australia & this one (Phillipines - good cast)

12-20-12, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
Cook Islands is usually loved or hated, not much in between. From my POV, it was one of the worst because of all those stupid twists. It had a few great characters but many more duds than usual and those were really duds, not knowing anything about Survivor before being recruited to fill the quotas.

Philippines, like Cook Islands, had very few laughs, one of the reasons I put FvF and Australia high myself.

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-12, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
LAST EDITED ON 12-22-12 AT 10:33 AM (EST)

The Aitu 4 story gave me a rooting interest.

And there was some humor; Cao-boi (forgot how to spell) and his Plan Voodoo and the Sundra/Becky fire starting contest. Penner of course was fun.

And I like the twists. Palau may have been my least favorite season.

12-20-12, 11:28 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
Yes, yes, a typo sounds better than a brain cramp.

Very interesting having Vanuatu at number one. I'd put it high also because Chris is one of the funniest winners ever, the scenery was great, especially that volcano and having an earthquake on film was amazing. It was also a season rich in themes like the sacrifice of the young and being the opposite of the Amazon. That's another season which, I agree with you, should rank high.

Heroes vs Villains had many good ingredients but there was too much production tampering for me to rate it high. The whole thing gave me the feeling that Russell and Parvati rode the producers' coat tails.

I'm also interested in the importance you put on the rewatch. I feel the ranking should mostly be based on how a season made me feel when I first saw it, no?

PS. I know many will agree with you but I can't rate Borneo, Africa, All-Star and Thailand as low as you.

12-21-12, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
I'm also interested in the importance you put on the rewatch. I feel the ranking should mostly be based on how a season made me feel when I first saw it, no?

Thing is, I forget what happened in past seasons too quickly to not use the rewatch as a basis for my rankings. I also tend to notice more subtle editing notes during a re-watch because I already know what to expect. For example, I used to rank the Cook Islands as a top-tier season because I absolutely loved that Yul won over Ozzy. It was during the re-watch that I realized how absolutely overpowered Yul's idol was, and the insane number of twists that production introduced into the game.

I haven't rewatched HvV or Samoa, but I remember being completely amazed by how HvV turned out and how disappointed I was when Natalie won (although I'm pretty sure I would have been disappointed regardless of who among Samoa's Top 7 or 8 won).

I tend to agree with you about the Philippines, although I really can't rank it low. I felt like it had a very bland first three episodes, picked up mid-game, peaked at the RC / Jeff boots, plateaued until the Penner TC, and quickly lost steam towards the end. What I love about it is the editors, IMO, did a very good job at presenting a generally interesting set of post-merge characters, something that, again IMO, cannot be said for A LOT of the other seasons.

12-21-12, 09:52 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
In CI, I believe that production was caughgt off guard by the mutinee that led to the possibility of an all-Caucasian F4 so they did everything possible to make sure the Aitu 4 would prevail. Remember the pre-season uproar when Survivor lost sponsors over this racial division? All Probst could say in defense was: Watch how it turns out. What would he have said if it had wound up Candice/Adam/Parvati in the F3?

Samoa is good if, like me, you hate Hantz. Mind you, I didn't really hate him during the show even if I had heard he was the spoiler's source. It was his reunion show performance and his posts afterwards that made me hate him. Still, during the season, it was amazing to watch the editors' ability to turn this illiterate, loud-mouth, gross individual into the Fan Favorite...and to watch the demure Natalie win it in the end. Best comeuppance finish, ever from my POV. And, with Danger Dave Ball, we did have laughs so I'd rate Samoa higher than a few of the latter seasons. If only the editors hadn't been so pro-Shambutch and anti-Laura...

HvV is funny. That is always good for me but I can't forgive production from interfering to get Parvati and Russell to the end so it drops to the back of the pack.

SpotTheDiffference 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-21-12, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDiffference Click to send private message to SpotTheDiffference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
Samoa is good if, like me, you hate Hantz.

I don't like Russell, but I also don't like Samoa. I just felt like there were too many unlikeable characters both pre- and post-merge (Borassi, Ben, Yasmin, Laura, Monica, Shambo, Russell). Russell making it to the end and Natalie not having a decent story only adds to my dislike of that season. I know a lot of people like Dave and find him funny, but I really didn't. Maybe I just don't understand his brand of humor. *shrug*

12-22-12, 05:27 PM (EST)
9. "My List"
I think this is how I'd rank them:

Hors Catégorie:
1- Astralian Outback
2- Borneo

Top of the Class:
3- Amazon
4- China
5- Panama: Exile Island
6- Pearl Islands
7- Vanuatu
8- Marquesas
9- Guatemala

Good Seasons:
10- Fans vs Favorites
11- One World
12- Africa
13- Tocantins
14- Palau
15- All-Stars

Average Seasons
16- Samoa
17- Thailand
18- Fiji
19- Heroes vs Villains
20- Gabon
21- Redemption Island

Bad Seasons:
22- Cook Islands
23- Philippines
24- Nicaragua
25- South Pacific

I can't compare the first two seasons to the others so that's why I put them at the top. They hooked us and the series lasted this long because of them. In two seasons there was only Nick that was somewhat underdeveloped so, even if Borneo's production was lacking at first and the game was rudimentary, these are two gems.

- Amazon was comedy gold, the location was great and the game very interesting. The tribe swap worked like rarely before or after, the new dynamics lasting long after the merge.

- China also had many laughs; Zhan Hu was hilariously dysfunctional while Fei Long had some great clashes. With the editing following the Art of War as its main theme, I simply enjoyed it from beginning to end.

- Panama: This is rather high for a season that used the same location for the third time but Casaya is easily the funniest tribe ever and everyone tried to backstab the other.

- Pearl Island: This was Survivor's finest hour: Production and editing were at their peak and the characters were simply great. I drop it a few ranks only because I hated the Outcast twist at the time. Fire is life was put aside and I hated it but it turned out that it wasn't as ill-conceived as many other twists seen in later seasons.

- Vanuatu: You had to enjoy Chris to like this season and I certainly did. But it wasn't only Chris because there many themes woven into the story and we had some great volcano scenes.

- Marquesas: For the first time we saw the game being played as it was meant to be played. As for the characters, some were underdeveloped but it was only because some were so fun to watch. Sean was robbed: He should have been given the chance to play again.

- Guatemala: Playing the game in the shadows of the Mayan ruins gave this season an unequaled appeal. Watching the fall of the Axis of Evil which paralleled the fall of the Mayan Empire was great and seeing Steph as the mean queen was hilarious.

That's why these stand on top for me.

The bottom 4 have this in common: Not enough laughs and way too many twists. Some had interesting new locations but production did a poor job connecting them to the game.

Ils sont fous, ces Romains!

SpotTheDiffference 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-22-12, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDiffference Click to send private message to SpotTheDiffference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: My List"
If you don't mind me asking--what makes RI better than Philippines? I tried rewatching S22, and had to stop mid-way because of a number of factors, most especially Rob, who I felt completely ruined that season's gameplay because of the rigidity of his strategy. While it worked out for him, it just didn't translate to good TV, IMO.

You also mentioned that the last four had "way too many twists". Which twists in S25 didn't you like? I felt like at least this season, that the twists were executed and actually worked quite well, especially compared against RI, SP, and to an extent, OW.

12-22-12, 11:04 PM (EST)
11. "RE: My List"
Boston Rob is mostly what made RI for me. How many people have the creativity to get everyone to play a game then pretend to have an urgent need to find the time to get the idol? Rob proved time and again that he had more tricks up his sleeve than 95% of players and I always enjoyed his confessionals.

In addition, Philip was a lot funnier than anyone in the Philippines. Listen again to his TC description of the Stealth-R-Us alliance! I also enjoyed seeing the 3 Degrees' sibling rivalry to impress Daddy-Rob! And seeing Russell cry? Priceless. Maybe I should put RI higher!

As for the twists in Philippines, we had:
- The choice of returning players.
- The 3 Tribes
- The 3 HIIs
- The 4 person Finale.

The choice of returning players wasn't as bad as in SP (Coach and Ozzy are 2 of the dumbests players ever) but none were great and no woman?

The 3 tribes worked well for the post merge game but not so much for the premerge and the editing because of Matsing's ineptness. All the premerge boots were telegraphed and we never got to know Kalabaw. Most boring premerge ever if you want my opinion.

The merge had 3 HIIs and 2 Immunity necklaces which is absolutely ridiculous: Almost half the cast was safe!

The finale dragged on and on when they could have had a Final 2 and made it exciting. I know China had the same problem but China had a great FTC to make us forget the boring first hour. The Philippines' FTC had nothing except Penner's grandstanding.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-29-12, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."

The cast and the story that production weaves with them makes a great season.

Haven't seen one of these in a while. Not sure my list would have changed much.

1. S13 - Cook Islands - Nate likely being in the final ruins michel's conspiracy theory. Regardless, best underdog story. The Aitu4 = best alliance ever. Ozzy spitting at the Raros equals arguably greatest Survivor moment.

2. S08 - All Stars - Funniest season ever. B-Rob and Amber.

3. S02 - Outback - Great characters. Jerri's fall. Colby and Tina. First medivac.

4. S24 - One World - Great winner. Most gorgeous cast. Hilarious characters. Chelsea and Christina, yummy. Chelsea- my favorite female castaway ever.

5. S03 - Africa - Survivor hardcore.

6. S10 - Palau - A season of firsts. Great winner. Tom, Ian and Katie. Jen Lyons- RIP.

7. S06 - Amazon - Hilarious season. Surprising winner. Rob C- a pioneer of the voting confessional.

8. S20 - H vs. V - Hot women. Great game play. Satisfying winner.

9. S22 - Redemption - B-Rob gets it done. Attractive cast. Phillip comedy.

10. S16 - Micronesia - Great game play. Hot cast. Great finish.

11. S19 - Samoa - Gorgeous cast. RussHell. Laura.

12. S12 - Panama - Sally's knee-socks. Terry. Cirie. Crazy characters.

13. S18 - Tocantins - Great winner. The Dragon Slayer. Hahahaha....

14. S11 - Guatemala - Great winner. Many twists including the returning players.

15. S15 - China - Great game play. James. Amanda. Jean Robert.. hahahaha.

16. S09 - Vanuatu - Gorgeous cast. Ami. Eliza. Women implode.

17. S04 - Marquesas - Season with B-Rob could only be so bad. Rotu4 get sunk. Bad ending.

18. S05 - Thailand - Vastly different tribes. Masterful game by Brian.

19. S23 - South Pacific - Coach and Ozzy back again. Disappointing end.

20. S07 - Pearl Islands - GREAT pre-merge. Worst F4 ever.

21. S21 - Nicaragua - Stoner won. Detestable people. Quitters.

22. S17 - Gabon - Who? What? Where? Utterly forgettable.

23. S14 - Fiji - Detestable people. Forgettable people. Earl, Yau Man and a bunch of jerks.

24. S01 - Borneo - Dirty. People ate rats. Everyone hated each other. No one knew how to play. Poor production value. Unattractive cast. People on vacation. Weak.

25. S25 - Didn't watch it. Will catch it eventually though.

Peace/out

>

12-30-12, 03:38 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."

>1. S13 - Cook Islands -
>Nate likely being in the
>final ruins michel's conspiracy theory.
>Regardless, best underdog story. The
>Aitu4 = best alliance ever.
>Ozzy spitting at the Raros
>equals arguably greatest Survivor moment.

Do you really think Survivor would have risked their reputation on a probability? When Jonathan proposed an All-Caucasian F4 to Adam, Adam didn't wonder about Nate. He knew his best F3 was with Parvati and either Candice or Jonathan since they had become such tasty goasts.

>2. S08 - All Stars -
>Funniest season ever. B-Rob and
>Amber.

You have it way higher than most but you are right, it was a funny season. Makes me wonder even more why you place CI, the least funny season, at #1.

>6. S10 - Palau - A
>season of firsts. Great winner.
>Tom, Ian and Katie. Jen
>Lyons- RIP.

Too many quitters for me.

>14. S11 - Guatemala - Great
>winner. Many twists including the
>returning players.

I'm glad that you finally say Danni was a great winner!

>15. S15 - China - Great
>game play. James. Amanda. Jean
>Robert.. hahahaha.

I really like this one more than 15th but it's your list.

>20. S07 - Pearl Islands -
>GREAT pre-merge. Worst F4 ever.

But it was comedy gold.

>24. S01 - Borneo - Dirty.
>People ate rats. Everyone hated
>each other. No one knew
>how to play. Poor production
>value. Unattractive cast. People on
>vacation. Weak.

Did you really hate it when you first watched it? It captivated 50 million people so how can it be last?

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-11-13, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."

Parvati was the one with the power in Raro. Her F3 would have been her, Candice and Nate.

Candice was the ultimate goat, obviously, and Nate had a big mouth.

True, CI was not a funny season. Great story though, even if contrived. And Sondra was my favorite Survivor female until Chelsea came around. LUV her.

Borneo- I have a different perspective than most probably because I did not watch S1 first. It was S2 that got me into Survivor. I only went back and watched S1 later. I was shocked at how amateurish the original season looked in comparison to later seasons.

>

01-11-13, 09:43 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-13 AT 09:50 PM (EST)

It's precisely because it was contrived that I hated it.

Sundra, though good looking, was terribly boring, almost as bad as Becky and Yul.

PS. Parvati didn't have Cirie telling her what to do back then.

Yes, Borneo, especially the first few episodes, has weak production but the characters were so well developed that it compensates. It's the only season where we truly had 16 individual stories told, where the editors didn't try to create characters.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

12-31-12, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
LAST EDITED ON 01-01-13 AT 09:46 AM (EST)

Happy Holidays, everyone!

For me, it really is about the personalities in the game, and the strategies they employ to get to the end. It's also about how they adapt to the twists that present. I agree, not all twists are good, some are horrible, but still it's about outlasting. I think I also enjoy a season more when the people I really like, out last the people that I really don't like. When it's a more polarized group, and the better half outlasts, it's much more rewarding for me.

I tend to hate seasons that the producers favor some and try to force them on us, like RussHell, Brandon, Cochran.

My favorite season was Cook Islands. I loved the underdog theme. I loved Ozzy the most in that season, he came across far more humble and focused, true to himself. When the odds were so stacked against them, it was Ozzy that single-handedly got them to the end. I loved really loved the Aitu four.

I also enjoyed Penner and his antics. I loved Yul as well. I enjoyed Nate, Parvati, and many of the characters of the season.

1. Cook Islands
2. Marquesas: Boston Rob. He made this season. At first I hated him....arrogant kid that talked like the God-father, but as the season went on, I quickly changed my opinion of him. I found him hysterical, and it seemed that he evolved and recognized the game for what it was as time went on. I loved that he rocked the boat and got out Hunter. So many funny moments with Rob. And, this season had many memorable characters as well....Hunter, Sean, the General, John Carroll, and how could anyone forget Kathy O'Brien. Loved Marquesas!
3. Australia: This season had so much drama and great characters as well. The flood, a fire, Skupin's first medivac, Colby, Jerri, Amber, Elizabeth, Varner, Alicia etc.
4. Borneo: Again, what CRAZY characters starting with Hatch and his unlikely buddy, Rudy. Sue, Kelly, Gervase, Greg, Dr. Sean, Jenna Lewis. So many funny things in Borneo, and the novelty of the show. Mostly I found Hatch to be an amazing player.
5. All-Stars: Being a huge Boston Rob fan, I just loved how Rob dominated this season, and did it having SO much fun. The Happy Chappy's, loved them! Also, I loved having all of the great characters back again.
6. Vanuatu: At first I didn't really like the girls vs. boys theme, but this season gave us some great characters as well. I loved Sarge and company, and it was great that the Fat Five got rid of the young bucks as quick as they did. And, I really have to say that Chris really grew on me. He was GREAT. Good characters. LeAnn: Best blindside ever!
7. Amazon: Interesting characters, I loved Rob Cesternino. Christie and her evil step-sisters, the Rocket Scientist...What they did for food!
8. Tocantins: LOVED JT and Stephen, Taj, Tyson, Coach...great characters.
9. Redemption Island: Boston Rob. Rob really meant business in this season, and he played the flute and all of his tribe followed obediently through the entire season. I liked David from the other tribe. Not sad to see Hantz FINALLY go...(hopefully gone for good!).
10. Philippines: I really enjoyed this season, Malcolm was a fav, but so was Denise. And, they were underdogs...went from being the only 2 Matsing left to winning. I enjoyed this cast as well.
11. Thailand: I thought Brian Heidik was a hoot, and I really enjoyed Shi-Ann and Robb.
12. China: Todd - amazing player.
13. Heroes vs. Villains. Tyson, Tyson, Tyson...what could have been. But hats were off to Parvati in this one. Sandra, always enjoy Sandra.
14. Guatamala: Some good characters, not crazy about Judd or the other bully type guy.
15. Pearl Islands: Liked the characters, hated the twist. I loved Sandra.
16. One World: Great cast, fun to watch, but it was a predictable season for me.
17. Panama: Liked Cirie, Shane - not so much, but did have some fun moments.
18. Micronesia: Fans tribe was weak, too weak. Definitely some funny moments
19. Palau: Beautiful location.
20. Gabon: Didn't really like the cast. Would have liked to have seen what Ace could do. Bob, Sugar, Corrine ~ UGH.
21. Fiji: Predictable, handed us the winner on day one.
22. South Pacific: Brandon Hantz...Cochran
23. Samoa: RussHell
24. Nicaragua: NaOnka, quitters

Africa: Never saw this one!

01-01-13, 09:37 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
LAST EDITED ON 01-01-13 AT 09:37 PM (EST)

Not another CI fan?!

It really is a season that is either loved or hated but doesn't it matter that there were so many recruits who were more interested in representing than in playing?

And you really should try to watch Africa if only for the challenges and the rewards. Tom and Lex flying in a balloon over the savannah and Lex and Ethan visiting a local village were great moments.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

01-02-13, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
Ha! Yes, michel, another CI fan!

I see your point regarding the "recruits, and I do think you have a point. But, Ozzy was a quiet, determined, and focused young kid that made his way despite the circumstances, and I just loved how despite the numbers, he and the rest of the Aitu 4 kept winning and winning and winning to pull themselves to the bitter end. I just loved it!

Even though Ozzy didn't win, I thought Yul was also a great winner.

Yes, someday I am going to watch Africa in it's entirety, looking forward to it. Got to know Lex and Tom a little bit in All-Stars, Ethan as well, and I really liked them all...especially Big Tom!

kingfish 17061 desperate attention whore postings

01-02-13, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
LAST EDITED ON 01-02-13 AT 04:16 PM (EST)

Nice thread and I wish that I could spend the time necessary to come up with a really well considered response. But since I can't (Flu - I'll probably have to visit the crapper before I finish this) I’ll have to make it quick.

(What? You don’t believe I can be concise? Huh. Well I guess maybe there is a silver lining (for y'all) in all this. Errp.)

#1: Survivor Philippine Islands. Because IMO we just witnessed the best Survivor performance of all time, and possibly "Survivor Perfection Personified", Denise. She was focused from day 1 to day 39, and in spite of some of the worst breaks that one can face, and Abi, she doesn’t get caught up with a "Poor me" attitude, she doesn’t let personal conflicts get in the way of good decision making, and she doesn’t let her heart get in the way of intelligent decision making. In my view, Denise was just brilliant. Her co-conspirators were very entertaining, but as you mention, that isn’t so rare.

#2 Hatch's season. Simply because of the way Hatch was able to, with no precedent or pre-awareness of how the show would unfold, was able to out-maneuver his island mates simply with his natural instincts guiding him. He could have done it without the nude bathing, and he might have been smarter with the IRS later on, but his manipulation of the other beach bums put him in the upper echelons of survivor winners, And it doesn’t hurt that the first episode was stunning and pivotal enough to bring us all together.

bondt007 3403 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-14-13, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
I remember going to bed during the first season, and the second season too, thinking about what to do and what the next move would be - what happens if this or that takes place. There really was no precedent as you say, and when I discovered this place (Blows), everyone was trying to figure it out too.

What great days, those were (except when Shakes flamed me) (...well that was OK too).

So I would agree Season 1, and for me Season 2, were at the top. I would think it would be more fair to rank Season's 4-present outside of 1-3. I'll include Africa because to me, it was still pretty old school.

>Issued by "Q" and RollDdice

SOAR64 146 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-13, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOAR64 Click to send private message to SOAR64 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
My favorite is definately the first one. Everything was so new. I can remember that I really thought that the show was being filmed in real time. We were all so into it. Then it happened, one day I was in the Doctors office waiting room killing time reading magazines and I saw it. A story about Richard Hatch having family problems since his return from filming Survivor. This ranked up there with the first time I discovered that there was no Santa, no Easter Bunney or tooth fairy. I just had a hard time accepting the fact that the Survivor contestants were not still on the island.

With time, the disappointment has eased some what. But from that moment on I have never viewed Survivor thru the same eyes that I did the first time.

02-16-13, 06:56 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
Sorry Kingfish, I hadn't seen your post but I must say I can't put the borefest that was Philipines in number 1. Nothing special happened all season long except for Abi winning a surprise immunity. As for Denise's run, the goal is to avoid TC, not go there every time. She was simply lucky not to be the biggest target.

dabo 26058 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-13, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
If anyone wants to play this game again, may as well use this thread for it again. Here's a ranking article I ran across:

http://www.examiner.com/article/ranking-the-most-memorable-seasons-of-survivor-updated-through-season-26?cid=taboola_inbound

Tom Santilli

#1: Borneo (Season 1): Nothing can top the original.

#2: Heroes vs. Villains: It was quite possibly one of the best seasons.

#3: Micronesia (Fans vs Favs): A great concept, to pit favorite players against those who supposedly "knew the game" and were big fans. If this were only true!

#4: Panama (Pearl Islands): Panama is best remembered for giving us the big-hearted loyal pirate, Rupert Boneham. At the time, he was like no other contestant before him, and he had a captivating quality much like Russell Hantz, although their gameplay could be described as polar opposites. Rupert embodied the spirit of his season, which was all about pirates.

#5: All-Stars: Memorable for all of the wrong reasons, this season also was the first fulfillment of every Survivor fans dream: to have our favorite players return to play again!

#6: Palau: Unfortunately and sadly, Palau is remembered most for having featured Jen Lyon, the first Survivor to have passed away, and at the young age of 37 (breast cancer). Inside the game of Survivor though, the season was one of the strongest, and featured a very memorable overall cast, including Jen, but also Stephanie and Bobby Jon. It was the first and only time in Survivor history where a tribe was whittled down to only 1.

#7: Marquesas: Overlooked because of the one of the least memorable winners EVER (Vecepia), Marquesas was the first season where it seemed the contestants had actually seen Survivor before appearing on the show.

#8: Philippines: A very strong season that had all of the elements of a great Survivor game.

#9: Amazon: Survivor: Amazon re-constructed the show yet again, this time adding strong doses of comedy into the mix. Rob Cesternino was the stand-out here.

#10: Caramoan: The second attempt at a "Fans vs. Favorites" season. There were likeable characters worth rooting for, like Cochran, Brenda and Malcolm, playing for his second-straight season. There were huge strategic moves and what seemed like a record-breaking number of blindsides, like the ousting of the "Stealth-R-Us" CEO Phillip Sheppard when Malcolm produced not one, but two hidden Idols at Tribal. There was the incredibly harsh blindside of Brenda from the emotional Dawn Meehan, who started the season as a hero and ended being seen more as a villain.

#11: Redemption Island: Say what you want, I am a lover of Survivor strategy and Redemption Island will go down in Survivor history as one of the best strategic performances EVER.

#12: Samoa: Some argue against an entire season being remembered for only one player, but that is and will always be what Samoa will be remembered for...the introduction of Russell Hantz to the masses.

#13: South Pacific: Returning players Coach and Ozzy shouldn't have stood a chance coming back the season right after Boston Rob dominated the game (Redemption Island). But miraculously, both made it to the Final 4.

Holding my tongue for the most part, but SO also had Ozzy getting voted out a record three times in one season. Redemption island was one of the worst twists ever in the game.

#14: The Australian Outback: Survivor was real, Australia's most memorable moment reminded us just how real it was...When Michael Skupin inhaled smoke and passed out into the fire, receiving severe burns and being evacuated from the game. The game itself changed drastically at that moment, not only the seriousness of the game, but this season specifically.

#15: Thailand: Many rank this season as one of the worst, or least memorable. To me, this season is memorable for the same reason people loved Samoa: It featured one of the all-time great Survivor villains, Brian Heidik. Brian was Richard Hatch 2.0.

#16: Vanuatu: Famous mostly for it's "female alliance", this season the tribes were divided by gender. It was the villainous Ami Cusack who engineered what could have been one of the best female alliances of all time.

#17: Cook Islands: The controversial division of tribes into ethnic groups started this season, although it didn't quite bring the drama I think the producers were hoping for.

#18: Tocantins: Who doesn't remember Coach?

#19: One World: It was an interesting concept that hadn't been attempted before.

#20: Panama - Exile Island: Exile Island featured a number of memorable players, but the season itself was just blah.

#21: Guatemala: Another example of someone winning by playing a better "social game" instead of the harder-fought game.

#22: China: Winner Todd Herzog played a very good strategic game, but Todd unfortunately doesn't stand out.

#23: Nicaragua: So it wasn't the worst season ever, it just felt that way.

#24: Africa: I may get some flack for ranking this so low, but I remember watching this season, following Australia and Borneo, and just remembering that it was a complete dud.

#25: Gabon: If you like strategy and was mad that Russell Hantz didn't win either of his two seasons, then you probably despised Survivor: Gabon.

#26: Fiji: The Big Brother-esque "Haves vs Have nots" was one of the rare Survivor innovations that completely fell flat. Add to it that the cast was made up of mostly unmemorable clueless players (with the exception of likable Yau-Man).

05-15-13, 10:53 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
Another list! What I'd like to know is where do you and the other posters here rank Caramoan? I'd put it just above the lowest tier. It would be dead last if I considered the reunion.

05-17-13, 06:58 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
I've finally caught up after a marathon session of episodes 4-11 over the weekend. I didn't really like most of the season; only the Corinne, Phillip, and Brenda boot episodes really stand out IMO. Quite a number of unmemorable or just irrelevant characters, and most of the rest were just plain unlikeable. For now, I'm ranking this season somewhere closer to the bottom of the list, but still above South Pacific and Redemption Island. A rewatch might change my opinion, but I'm not ready to rewatch just yet.

05-17-13, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Heyya, Spot!"
Just an aside, but the next two seasons are to be filmed in the Philippines again.
See!

Congrats to your economy. And can you keep us updated about Cagayan Province, Paulaui Island weather on spoilers for S27? (No idea at this time when they will/have begin/began filming.)

No comment about the Blood v Water rumors, at least not in this forum at this time.

As far as ranking seasons goes, Survivor has morphed so many times now that I find I can no longer even do that sort of thing. Plus, basically, the real game doesn't kick in until the merge, so each season divides into gonzo stage and the real game stage. It is frustrating. At least for me.

My ultimate assessment of S26, Caramoan, is that it was pretty weak. S25, Philipines, was much better.

05-18-13, 09:46 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Heyya, Spot!"
The article you linked has the island name misspelled: It's Palaui. Basically, Palau with an "i" at the end.

Here's a small bit of trivia for anyone who's interested. Palau, Palaui, and Pulau (of Pulau Tiga) share the same etymological root--an austronesian word for "island".

I won't be posting specific weather reports this time around. I was near the Caramoan area during the start of the filming of Survivor: Philippines and my supposedly first-hand weather spoilers were dead wrong. >__< I guess the only thing I can say is that the traditional start of the monsoon season is coming in a few weeks.

I would agree with your ultimate assessment. I think there were a large number of people thrown to the wayside, with the editors favoring a very limited number of characters, most of whom didn't even really contribute big picture-wise.

05-18-13, 08:30 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
Another list here.

1. Borneo S1: Nothing will ever top the original’s sense of adventure.

2. Micronesia S16: One blindside after another made for the most entertaining strategy session the show has seen yet. Cirie and Parvati literally controlled this game.

3. Palau S10: So many touching moments here, from Stephenie’s one-person tribe to Ian’s departure to Tom’s win.

4. China S15: A largely fun cast, some great challenges, plus James getting booted with two idols. What’s not to like? This was a season that really managed to balance out great strategy with the location and its culture.

5. Philippines S25: A very great season all around. A wonderful job in casting coupled with even editing, the interesting players making it far.

6. Gabon S17: Some people hate it, but the craziness of the season made it worth watching.

7. Tocantins S18: If you hate Coach, you hate this season. Thankfully, we find Coach entertaining.

8. Australia S2: Memorable largely as a piece of nostalgia, this is a vintage example of the adventure the show has lost in favor of tiny islands and multiple food challenges.

9. Panama: Exile Island S12: Quite possibly the greatest tribe ever here with the doubled-up Casaya.

10. Pearl Islands S7: Why, outcast tribe, why?

11. Heroes vs. Villains S20: On the surface, there is a lot to like here. The only sad thing was that being a “hero” this season meant acting arrogant and forgetting to really play the game.

12. Africa S3: The beautiful setting made up for what was ultimately a predictable game.

13. Vanuatu S9: Take away Rory, Sarge, Eliza, and Twila, and this would have been a yawner of a season.

14. Nicaragua S21: It was definitely unpredictable, and sometimes that’s all you can ask for.

15. Cook Islands S13: One of the most beautiful places ever.

16. Marquesas S4: It wasn’t a terrible season, but it was not what this show needed with just its fourth installment.

17. All-Stars S8: A terrible jury.

18. Samoa S19: There were some great moves, but this season was too much Russell and not enough of the actual setting.

19. Caramoan S26: Not as good of a season as Jeff Probst hyped it up.

20. South Pacific S23: As much fun as Cochran was to watch, the five or so weeks after the merge were akin to an afternoon nap.

21. One World S24: The best part of the season was the women’s alliance.

22. Guatemala S11: All in all, this one just didn’t bring too much new to the table.

23. Redemption Island S22: Yes, Rob is the best winner ever — but a good winner cannot save a season.

24. The Amazon S6: Overrated by many, the setting was the best thing about this season.

25. Fiji S14: Redeemed slightly by the fact that Yau-Man and Earl were both likable guys.

26. Thailand S5: There’s nothing good to say here.

05-19-13, 11:07 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
Just another terrible list. I could show you hundreds of stupid lists by linking this:

http://survivorsucks.com/topic/999/Its-That-Time-AgainRank-The-Seasons

158 pages of Sucksters' lists. Enough for ya?!

As for the list you posted, I'll never be able to take seriously someone who lists Amazon near the bottom. Did you read the guy's reasoning? Take away Rob, Jenna and Heidi and you have nothing. Take away three of the main characters of any story and you're always left with nothing. I understand why you didn't copy that part! Putting Gabon anywhere but in the bottom 5 isn't any better. And Philippines is insipid and humorless.

PepeLePew13 25175 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-13, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
The objective of this kind of list is to allow people to freely express their opinions and I think it's reasonable for them to do so without you doing some belittling of others' opinions. People should be allowed to be fans.

I thought Philippines was a terrific season and I also thought the Amazon was not very good at all - not bottom three, but not much higher than that (maybe 5th worst or so). I guess it's clear that I can expect you to not take me seriously any more - if you ever did in the first place, that is.

05-19-13, 03:31 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
I thought you'd know I always appreciated you so I don't understand your last sentence.

The list that Dabo posted wasn't his. He imported one from a blogger and I'm telling him that there are thousands of lists that could be imported also.

I don't belittle opinions unless they are laughable. When someone writes that Amazon is bad because, take away Rob, Jenna and Heidi, you have nothing left, then that deserves a laugh.

I would say that the objective of this kind of list is to share your preferences, encouraging others to appreciate the seasons you liked. That means having a discussion and I can't have a discussion with a blogger that never posted on this board.

So, I'm curious why you liked Philippines so much and didn't like Amazon. I'm guessing that it's because you liked one winner a lot and not the other but you didn't explain. If that is your main reason then I will simply say that we don't use the same criteria to determine the value of a season. It wouldn't be you that I wouldn't take seriously, it would be your list. I couldn't use it to help me see the value of a particular season because the winner's identity is low on my checklist.

A good season is an entertaining one. The best seasons have 14 entertaining episodes. Philippines had the worse pre-merge until it was "topped" by Caramoan's bad joke. At most, it had maybe 3 or 4 good episodes which isn't enough for me.

Amazon was hilarious and, even if you didn't like seeing Jenna win, that final episode was still thrilling until Rob lost the Final IC.

05-22-13, 07:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-13 AT 12:04 PM (EST)

>I don't belittle opinions unless they
>are laughable. When someone writes
>that Amazon is bad because,
>take away Rob, Jenna and
>Heidi, you have nothing left,
>then that deserves a laugh.

I'll do that person one better - Amazon was not great; even WITH Rob, Jenna and Heidi in it, there still wasn't much there.

>I would say that the objective
>of this kind of list
>is to share your preferences,
>encouraging others to appreciate the
>seasons you liked. That means
>having a discussion and I
>can't have a discussion with
>a blogger that never posted
>on this board.

A 'discussion'? You argue when someone doesn't see the same way as you do. Did the person want you to debate his/her choices with you or did the person simply want to make a list and say "That's what I think"?

>So, I'm curious why you liked
>Philippines so much and didn't
>like Amazon. I'm guessing that
>it's because you liked one
>winner a lot and not
>the other but you didn't
>explain. If that is your
>main reason then I will
>simply say that we don't
>use the same criteria to
>determine the value of a
>season. It wouldn't be you
>that I wouldn't take seriously,
>it would be your list

You clearly use a list as a criteria to determine if someone is worthy of your respect - to wit, you said: I'll never be able to take seriously someone who lists Amazon near the bottom. That's why I said that final sentence in my previous post - you said that you can't take seriously someone who lists Amazon near the bottom, and that's what I've done; ergo it translates into "Michel won't take me seriously because I don't see Amazon any higher than the bottom five." Can't get any clearer than that.

Sometimes people don't want or need to give a particular reason for liking or hating a season - it's THEIR list and they shouldn't have to worry about having their character being judged on whether they found a season to be good or bad. You've already proven that you'll judge someone character's based on a list. To paraphrase Eliza, it's just a fvcking list.

>A good season is an entertaining
>one. The best seasons have
>14 entertaining episodes. Philippines had
>the worse pre-merge until it
>was "topped" by Caramoan's bad
>joke. At most, it had maybe 3 or 4
>good episodes which isn't enough for me.

Philippines was a terrific season with a great cast. One tribe was dominated, yes, but out of that one bad tribe came two strong characters which were mixed in with a bunch of interesting characters for the rest of the game and they made the final four. {As an aside, people liked Palau for the most part, and that season had a tribe that was decimated worse than one tribe was in the Philippines. Why does Palau get a pass for that but not the Philippines?} There were a lot more than "maybe 3 or 4" good episodes. The season's format worked, the three returning players didn't grab all of the soundbites and the two 'celebs' integrated themselves well in the game even if they didn't always play well. There were tons of strategic discussions, which is what I really like to see in a Survivor season instead of a bunch of people sitting around in camp (a la Redemption Island), and Penner's 'story-telling' during the pep talk to Lisa was a great moment.

>Amazon was hilarious and, even if
>you didn't like seeing Jenna
>win, that final episode was
>still thrilling until Rob lost
>the Final IC.

Since you asked why I ranked Amazon so low, I'll go ahead and give my reasoning. I did not find Amazon to be "hilarious" and if I want humour, I'll go and watch something like JFL Gags. Survivor is not a comedy and I happen to think that ranking a season based on the amount of humour in it isn't a solid reason. Sure, Heidi may have made a bunch of incredibly vain comments but that doesn't make or break a season when she can't strategize her way out of a paper bag.

Anyhoo... I thought it was a bad final two in the Amazon (I didn't find the finale "thrilling"), I was never a fan of RobC and thought he was trying too hard with his jokes and not a solid player (a view supported by his tepid performance in All-Stars), and I found the whole cast for the most part to be unlikeable. Jenna wasn't a great player as she made a couple of bad moves and wanted to quit at one point, and I did not like Heidi at all. The men's side were a bunch of misogynistic morons and were saved by the tribal swap.

05-22-13, 12:39 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
Have to agree with all you said about Philippines. One of the better casts (except for Zane who is one of those types that Probst inexplicably loves), a lot of stories to tell. Of the three returning players, Swan fell into the same rut as before, Penner was the same old loveable Penner but knew he was wearing a target from day 1 and really worked at the game the entire time he was in it, and Skupin switched up his game and was no longer the madman of the Outback. Malcolm and Denise were two of the best underdogs ever. Celebrity Lisa had a long hard journey. Celebrity Kent gave it a game effort but never overcame his own blindspots. Abi was annoying but somehow it worked, after awhile it was almost a game within a game wondering what she would do next.

As for Amazon, I can't say it was great, but the gender experiment was one worth trying, and the inclusion of Christy gave us an instant underdog. Some decent casting, some not so good (Roger). Rob C. demonstrated a vital element of how to play Survivor, you have to make the best of the hand you are dealt, and constantly kept his head in the game. Rob C. pairing up early with Matthew -- who by his own admission had no idea how to play the game and mainly was there for the adventure, but was willing to try to learn the game -- was the vital decision that made the Cesternino game possible. And we had Dave the rocket scientist! Unfortunately, when it reached the jury formation stage, four interesting people went to the jury in a row, leaving only Rob and follower Matthew and follower Butch and hanger-on Heidi and hanger-on Jenna, so the end of the season went into a tailspin.

05-22-13, 06:06 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
A 'discussion'? You argue when someone doesn't see the same way as you do. Did the person want you to debate his/her choices with you or did the person simply want to make a list and say "That's what I think"?

As far as I know, this is a discussion board. If you want to make a list and have no one comment on it then pin it to your fridge.

"You clearly use a list as a criteria to determine if someone is worthy of your respect - to wit, you said: I'll never be able to take seriously someone who lists Amazon near the bottom. That's why I said that final sentence in my previous post - you said that you can't take seriously someone who lists Amazon near the bottom, and that's what I've done; ergo it translates into "Michel won't take me seriously because I don't see Amazon any higher than the bottom five." Can't get any clearer than that."

What's clear is I expect people to have a thicker skin than that. Of course it's the list that I don't consider seriously. I have no idea about what else the person thinks. I didn't think it needed to be spelled out.

Now that we are talking, I'll let you know exactly why I rate the Philippines in the very last tier. The season had, by far, the weakest group of women ever. Only Denise stood out. The men only had Kent, Malcolm, Penner and Skupin so where is that great cast? Carter? Artis? I don't think so. 5 out of 18 isn't great even for hitters in baseball which reminds we: What happened to the Fantasy league?

The pre-merge was total crap, with Matsing being the designated loser tribe because Swan was the designated losing returning player. Only Hiki was, by production design, more pathetic in the series' history. Ulong was decimated worse than Matsing but it was by their own design, the mactors picking each other and they looked quite formidable at the start. It made their demise a surprise and quite amusing. I didn't like Steph and BJ much, I didn't like Denise and Malcolm either. However, I think Tom and Ian played much better than the moronic Lisa and Skupin. I still can't explain why they booted Abi at F5?

Also, Palau was beautiful and nicely exploited by the camera work. I thought they could have done a whole lot more with the Philippines. Palau also marked a new era for challenges and that was nice to see at the time. Philippines had 3 idols in play at once, a record of mediocrity as far as game design is concerned.

If Survivor didn't have its funny moments, its shocking blindsides that let's us laugh at someone's expense, then it wouldn't be worth watching. Even Burnett wrote that he knew he had a hit when Hatch argued with Sue in the first 15 minutes of the first show. That scene was pure comedy: The corporate manager, sitting in a tree, telling a trucker how they should plan their adventure.

05-22-13, 06:34 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
Speaking of having thick skin, it's clear that you could use some as nobody, I mean nobody, argues or fights back more than you when someone presents an opposite opinion about something that you said. I don't need to get any further than that as its quite well documented out there.

There's a difference between having a discussion and saying that someone who posts an opinion list cannot be taken seriously simply for posting that a particular season should be ranked so low or saying someone's list is terrible, etc. Who made you the ultimate decider of the quality of a listing of seasonal rankings?

Your opinion of the Philippines is fine - I know there are more people who thought it was a good season than a bad season (as shown in this thread, too) and I will laughably disagree that this is by far the weakest group of women (Guatemala and about 7 or 8 others were worse) and the cast is better than you made it out to be, but hey it's an opinion and an opinion should always be respected, not belittled.

As for the fantasy league, no one was interested. Hardly anyone's around on this site these days.

05-22-13, 07:48 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
>Speaking of having thick skin, it's
>clear that you could use
>some as nobody, I mean
>nobody, argues or fights back
>more than you when someone
>presents an opposite opinion about
>something that you said.
>I don't need to get
>any further than that as
>its quite well documented out
>there.

I guess you've forgotten the good old days where the discussions were lively because everyone defended their opinions.

>There's a difference between having a
>discussion and saying that someone
>who posts an opinion list
>cannot be taken seriously simply
>for posting that a particular
>season should be ranked so
>low or saying someone's list
>is terrible, etc. Who
>made you the ultimate decider
>of the quality of a
>listing of seasonal rankings?

First of all, the person I said I wouldn't take seriously wasn't a poster here so why should I be PC with a complete unknown? For all you know, that list could have been designed to entice reactions.
Secondly, I opened the thread by asking people to tell me what makes a good season in their opinion and I explained how I judge a season. That's why I challenge the posters. I want to go further than comments like "a fanboy's wet dream". I could say; my post, my rules as long as it's within the guidelines.

>Your opinion of the Philippines is
>fine - I know there
>are more people who thought
>it was a good season
>than a bad season

That's because we've had nothing but crap since Tocantins.

>I will laughably disagree
>that this is by far
>the weakest group of women
>(Guatemala and about 7 or
>8 others were worse)

What? Danni was simply awesome, Zookeeper Cindy was great in challenges, Cop Amy was terrific all around, Nurse Margaret was a smart player who got bullied out of the game while Brooke was sacrificed by the swap. Add Steph who many like and that's 6-1 over Philippines.

Dawson, "Cookie", Roxy, Katie and Lisa were p.a.t.h.e.t.i.c. Dana was sick and RC is a skank who was nothing more than a younger version of Sherri. That means Abi was second best!

>an
>opinion and an opinion should
>always be respected, not belittled.

An opinion is more respectable when it's backed by solid arguments.

>As for the fantasy league, no
>one was interested. Hardly
>anyone's around on this site
>these days.

Too bad. I got in a public league and it's starting to look good. How about you? Any chance for Football?

05-22-13, 08:35 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
Again, there's a difference between having a cordial discussion and loudly shouting others down - and seeing that you're going to carry this for as long as you can since you've always HAD to have the final word, this is going to be my last post on this thread. It's got to stop somewhere.

It doesn't matter where the poster is from or whether you know him/her or not (just as you don't know who I am, either) ... where do we get off calling someone's list 'dumb' or 'moronic' or whatever adjective you want to use?

We'll agree to disagree, but Lisa was rather integral to most of the strategy discussions in the game, putting aside her emotional displays to the side. RC, I'll defer to dabo as he's already put out a good point about her gameplay and I see it the same way. As for Guatemala - Brooke, Brianna and Morgan were useless, Margaret was so 'respected' that she was booted over a raging idiot in Judd, StepheniME was a narcissistic twit who was all about HER, Cindy screwed up the car prize decision and was forgettable otherwise, and Lydia was dragged into the final four and did little other than to keep her nose clean in camp. Only Danni and Amy were solid.

An opinion is more respected when backed by a solid argument? According to whom? Other people have presented solid arguments but you typically shoot them down and argue until you get the last word.

Over and out. Peace.

05-22-13, 09:40 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
I'd like to ask you 1 question before you leave: When did I show you a lack of respect?

05-19-13, 03:28 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
I'm not interested in sifting through the chaff at Sucks, that's why I don't often visit there. I just posted those lists as I found them to demonstrate how subjective all this is. I can't even do anything about how they justify their rankings except winnow it down a bit.

The guy who came up with this list is obviously an all-out Boston Rob fan, for example. Boston Rob is his best winner ever despite the unfavorables of Redemption Island.

His complaint about Africa would resemble in no way my complaints about Africa. I enjoyed Amazon much more than he did, obviously. Low rankings for Marquesas just mystify me, though I agree that Vecepia is one of the less memorable winners.

05-19-13, 03:49 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
They certainly are subjective. That's why I don't even try to rank them precisely, going simply by categories.

Thing is though, a good list can help me appreciate a season. Thailand used to be a season I didn't like at all but reading someone's opinion that it was really funny made me appreciate it a bit more. I still can't stand the first 4 episodes of constant complaining but it has its moments, enough to make it average in my mind.

05-19-13, 05:16 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
Thailand was a mixed bag, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Survivor when it aired. Productionwise, they screwed it up with some bad twists right from the start. I wouldn't rank it last, though, as it did have some highlights, and Brian played a near perfect game. Probst had it last on his list from a few years back.

05-21-13, 06:54 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
Here's another fun list for us to have fun with. It's really a good list in some ways, as well as good for a few laughs. My own comments in parentheses.

http://bloghasspoken.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-ranking-of-survivor-seasons-updated.html

1. PEARL ISLANDS S7 - The perfect survivor season. (That's right, always lead with a strong joke! In all seriousness, I like this guy, it's his list and he's entitled to his opinion.)

2. COOK ISLANDS S13 - In a word, epic. To watch 20 people in 4 tribes battle it out to get down to 1 was a great journey.

3. HEROES VS VILLAINS S20 - A fanboy’s wet dream, it did not disappoint.

4. MICRONESIA S16 - A great concept, but the Fan’s tribe was laughably bad, cue blindsides galore and memorably stupid moments.

5. CHINA S15 - Beautiful location, inventive and unique challenges, and one of the best casts ever.

6. VANUATU S9 - Chris had one of the best winner’s stories ever, to come back after being outnumbered by 6 women.

7. NICARAGUA S21 - Constantly unpredictable, there were many memorable moments.

8. PHILIPPINES S25 - The three tribe twist worked fantastically well, and we got a season that was always interesting.

9. PALAU S10 - Despite no original gimmick, still ends up being one of the most unique seasons as one tribe decimated the other. (Actually, one of the worst twists of all time, combined with one of the other worst twists of all time. Jonathan and Wanda, two of the obscurest players ever, out on day 2 because they weren't picked to be on either tribe.)

10. CARAMOAN S26 - The season really exploded after the merge and was certainly never boring.

11. SAMOA S19 - Russell was the star of the show.

12. TOCANTINS S18 - Coach’s crazy antics were the highlight of the season.

13. ALL STARS S8 - Probably the most drama-filled season of all.

14. EXILE ISLAND S20 - Worth watching for Shane alone, and the evolution of Cirie, now one of Survivor’s best ever players.

15. GUATEMALA S11 - Physical, brutal season with some great confrontations.

16. GABON S17 - Probably the most personal and nastiest season.

17. AMAZON S6 - Cesternino’s wit made this worth watching and kept the power shifts interesting.

18. ONE WORLD S24 - Kim's a great player but not great TV.

19. FIJI S14 - Easily the worst twist. Earl, Yau Man and Michelle were all cool characters. (Haves and have-nots was a pretty awful twist, hardly the worst in my opinion.)

20. SOUTH PACIFIC S23 - So many of the previous seasons problems flared up again, and in many cases even worse.

21. REDEMPTION ISLAND S22 - The Redemption Island twist failed, as did the "Rob vs Russell" twist. No season that introduced the craziness of Phillip could ever be a total loss, though.

22. AUSTRALIA S2 - The first ever evacuation, a handful of memorable characters, one of the best of the early seasons of Survivor.

23. BORNEO S1 - The season that started it all, but it’s also frustratingly slow in places and hadn’t quite reached its potential yet. (This is really why I have to love this guy, he's absolutely fearless in stating his own opinion.)

24. AFRICA S3 - There was the first and best tribe swap, and a look at the community outside of the game.

25. MARQUESAS S4- Most boring cast/winner ever. The best thing this season gave us was the coconut chop challenge. (And the dreaded purple rock. Yeah, it is unfair as can be, but the previous tie-breaker had to go, the purple rock was a true improvement.)

26. THAILAND S5 - Was a drag to get through at times.

05-21-13, 07:37 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
I'd say this is a typical list of a young sucks poster that started watching late, probably during Cook islands and watched the early seasons on the fly. Any list that puts Borneo and Australia at the bottom doesn't understand the show's history. To say they are slow is to compare them to later seasons instead of evaluating them on how they made you feel when they aired. That's my main criteria: How I liked it when it aired. 2nd and 3rd watch should only serve to reveal hidden gems, not alter initial reaction.

>1. PEARL ISLANDS S7 - The perfect survivor season.
(PI is generally #1 over at Sucks...as much as any consensus can be reached there. I liked it but hated the Outcast twist)

>2. COOK ISLANDS S13 - In
>a word, epic. To watch
>20 people in 4 tribes
>battle it out to get
>down to 1 was a
>great journey.
(the 4 tribes lasted 5 days! This had so much production manipulation that it cannot be this high)

>3. HEROES VS VILLAINS S20 -
>A fanboy’s wet dream, it
>did not disappoint.
(It was funny, until you realized that Russhell and Parvati were in on the joke. He should keep his wet dreams for himself)

>4. MICRONESIA S16 - A great
>concept, but the Fan’s tribe
>was laughably bad, cue blindsides
>galore and memorably stupid moments.
(How can he rate it this high if he hates half the cast?)

>5. CHINA S15 - Beautiful location,
>inventive and unique challenges, and
>one of the best casts ever
(Finally, a good decision)

>6. VANUATU S9 - Chris had
>one of the best winner’s
>stories ever, to come back
>after being outnumbered by 6
>women.
(Two in a row)

>7. NICARAGUA S21 - Constantly unpredictable,
>there were many memorable moments.
(What? The only unpredictability was NaONka. I put it way down the list)

>8. PHILIPPINES S25 - The three
>tribe twist worked fantastically well,
>and we got a season
>that was always interesting.
(My definition of fantastically well doesn't include a season where 1 tribe is so pathetic that it goes to every TC. S25 is a really bad season)

>9. PALAU S10 - Despite no
>original gimmick, still ends up
>being one of the most
>unique seasons as one tribe
>decimated the other.
(20 people on the same beach was a great idea. This guy sees what he wants to see so I won't give it any any further attention)

05-22-13, 06:40 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-13 AT 09:29 PM (EST)

One last list, I promise no more. You'll like this one better but still have grounds for disagreement.

http://saoki.site0.com/survivor.html

1. Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (season #20)
Unlike other seasons where the best TV only occurred after the merge, this season managed to thrill me from start to finish. It featured suspenseful gameplay, shockingly bold moves, and lots of WTF moments.
(The Heroes tribe was a disappointment to me, as were some of the villains. If this season proved one thing, though, it is that Cirie shouldn't ever come back. People are afraid to play with her now, she's that good. The best of the F3 won.)

2. Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites (season #16)
A refreshing season that cast some of the most conniving players in Survivor history.

3. Survivor: Cook Islands (season #13)
One of the rarer seasons where the player that I heavily rooted for, Yul Kwon, actually won the game. He overcame formidable obstacles too.

4. Survivor: Redemption Island (season #22)
Boston Rob...I developed a whole new respect for the guy. He took the game to new heights, and masterminded some impressive (albeit troubling) new strategies. I didn't like the Redemption Island twist.
(Horrible twist. Boston Rob finally got to play that Godfather game he wanted to play in Marquesas, and it turned out to be a terrible way for anyone not named Boston Rob to play the game. This entire season would have been virtually unwatchable if Rob didn't know how to make it fun to watch. Russell getting voted out and then losing the duel were the highlights of the season.)

5. Survivor: Samoa (season #19)
Russell Hantz. To my amazement, his machinations went on to save his tribe from a near-hopeless 8-to-4 decifit!

6. Survivor: Borneo (season #1)
Although I remember complaining about the lack of strategy among these castaways, this first season of Survivor kept me on the edge of my seat.

7. Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs. Favorites (season #26)
I mean seriously, at first glance that "Favorites" tribe looked like a Survivor Hall of Shame. But admittedly to my admiration, some of them really stepped up their gameplay.

8. Survivor: All-Stars (season #8)
This season pitted a lot of renowned Survivor players against each other, stirred some intense emotions, and sparked romance.
(To me this season was a collection of players I was fine with seeing again, a collection of players I never wanted to see again, and Amber. It is also the season that left the most hurt feelings in its wake, some previous friendships would never heal. Jerri did manage to redeem herself, in my opinion, and I've been kinder to her ever since.)

9. Survivor: The Australian Outback (season #2)
This season had a good villain (Jerri) and a memorable tragedy where Michael Skupin passed out into the fire.

10. Survivor: Palau (season #10)
A season highlighted by two standout players: Tom Westman and Stephenie LaGrossa. Tom inspired such respect in fellow players that the jurors actually took his BS seriously.

11. Survivor: Philippines (season #25)
A refreshingly unpredictable season.

12. Survivor: Fiji (season #14)
This season reminded me of a counter-intelligence thriller because of that one episode where a rival alliance conspired to use a hidden immunity idol. It also featured a castaway that I hated more than anyone in Survivor history, Dreamz.

13. Survivor: Tocantins (season #18)
An unpredictably cutthroat season wherein the last two castaways managed to betray all three of their alliances.

14. Survivor: Gabon (season #17)
A veritable encyclopedia of the different Survivor strategems.

15. Survivor: The Amazon (season #6)
The first season to divide tribes into all-male and all-female castaways. Made for some interesting social dynamics.

16. Survivor: Africa (season #3)
I loved the generational clashes in this season.
(I loved the setting, the wildlife, the cultural inclusions. Some of the players even seemed like decent people. Tribal swap was a good twist. But that's about it, it was the worst played game to date. In retrospect, the final two was an inversion of what would later become a Survivor norm: the goat dragged the winner to FTC.)

17. Survivor: Vanuatu - Islands of Fire (season #9)
A female-dominated season where the last man managed to win against all odds.

18. Survivor: Pearl Islands (season #7)
I hated the twist in this season where eliminated castaways voted two outcasts in.

19. Survivor: South Pacific (season #23)
The return of Ozzy and Coach! Cue the chirping crickets.

20. Survivor: Marquesas (season #4)
A dull season except for the pivotal power shift and the infamous "purple rock" tiebreaker.
(Again, no love for Marquesas. The worst thing about this season was the reunion show host.)

21. Survivor: China (season #15)
A season highlighted only by the bizarre coincidence of one castaway (James) ending up with both hidden immunity idols.
(Huh? This is a truly unfathomable placement.)

22. Survivor: Guatemala - The Mayan Empire (season #11)
I just remember this season for the returning Stephenie LaGrossa. I lamented how she tarnished that "America's sweetheart" image.

23. Survivor: Panama - Exile Island (season #12)
I considered this season the flukiest in that the most annoying people seemed to dominate the game instead of getting voted out.

24. Survivor: One World (season #24)
An embarrassing, mind-numbing season of quite possibly the dumbest (and most delusional) crop of players in Survivor history.

25. Survivor: Nicaragua (season #21)
For me, this season took the cake for annoying castaways and inane gameplay. Also found that Medallion of Power twist pretty lame.

26. Survivor: Thailand (season #5)
I almost stopped watching the show. This season featured the lamest twist ever: rival tribes cohabitating instead of merging.
(I thought that was actually the only good twist in Thailand, the schoolyard pick tribe formation was bad, and as for the optional swap it would have served Probst right if one entire tribe had decided to just join with the other tribe. Brian perfected the Hatch game adding his own innovation, dragging the goat to FTC.)

05-22-13, 07:50 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
No comment! It would get me in trouble.

05-22-13, 09:33 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
Oh, go on. Comment on my comments if you like.

05-22-13, 09:55 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
Then I'll say that you were wrong when you wrote that I would like that list.

I'm trying to find out what you said good about RC which Pepe noted in his last post. From what I heard, she tried to make a deal with everyone right off the bat just like Sherri. She thought she was running the game just like Sherri but, outside of that idiot Mike, no one took her seriously. The only difference is that she was booted at the first occasion instead of being dragged to the end as the perfect goat. Then she was an insufferable holier-than-thou beyotch at Ponderosa and had Russell campaigning for her to win a totally undeserved title Miss Survivor over at RHAP.

05-22-13, 10:18 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-13 AT 10:20 PM (EST)

I said:

"I'd have to disagree about RC being a younger version of Sherri, though I get why you say that. RC knew her game had taken a hit, tried to work it out, Sherri just forged ahead with delusional expectations."

I thought you'd like that list better than the previous one, just to clarify.

05-23-13, 07:37 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
Actually, I like it less. The top five should be near the bottom 5!

Sherri didn't just forge ahead: She managed to get Laura and Matt to flip on the couples. She did have power for a while and it brought her to the F3. It would have been more accurate to say that RC was a failed version of Sherri. Even Malcolm found her skanky when he got to Tandang and didn't want anything to do with her. She also had the dumbest, otter-like laugh. Good boobs though.

05-23-13, 09:34 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
LAST EDITED ON 06-03-13 AT 01:26 PM (EST)

Oh well, I thought you would like that the early seasons were more fairly treated. No matter.

Anyway, you go ahead and remember things the way you want, I'll remember things they way they actually were.

Sherri did manage to get into a shaky leadership position in the Fans tribe, though she never had full control of her alliance and lost Laura at TC4. At the swap Eddie and Reynold threw her under the bus. They all manage to make it to the merge and for the first and only time Sherri is targetted, not for sound game reasons but because one or two guys have bruised egos and are letting emotion get in the way of the game. Corinne's game implodes instead, Sherri survives and delusionally believes she will have Phillip under her control before long. She manages to get to the end of the game because she votes as she is supposed to and she sucks at challenges. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

RC got into an early alliance with Abi, Michael and Pete. She wants to be in charge, nothing wrong in that. She at one point tried to paint a target on Lisa, who was playing badly at that point anyway. Pete wanted to be in charge of the alliance, and he also wanted to get rid of Michael. He approached Lisa about joining the alliance, and made a deal with Artis. Instead of having a power struggle, Pete plays a trick to make it seem that RC can't be trusted, it works and Abi breaks up for good with RC. At the Matsing dissolve Malcolm joins Tandang, quickly learns from Pete all he needs to know from Pete to help him integrate. RC is on the outs with two or three members of the tribe (Artis really didn't care for Abi but his deal was with Pete), Malcolm makes a smart tactical decision not to get close to her because she can't help him and could hurt his game. Michael is still her friend, and Lisa is in (and will continue to maintain for some time) a solid team Tandang frame of mind. Despite RC's bad position in the tribe, Malcolm could still easily have been a sitting duck had Tandang gone to TC, and would have to play his HII (or maybe get Pete to give him the HII, except oh yeah while Pete had made it seem he had the HII Abi was actually the one holding it). At the merge there was a lot of manuevering and game going on, what emerged of all that was a cross-tribal split vote plan, when Penner plays his idol he saves himself, RC goes to the Ponderosa.

You got her nervous laugh right, though.

05-23-13, 10:50 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons Again"
I don't dispute any of what you wrote but look at the similarities:

- RC is a professional woman who thinks she knows this game inside out, believing she will be great at it.
- Sherri is a businesswoman who thinks she knows this game inside out, believing she will be great at it.

- RC got into an early majority alliance with Abi, Michael and Pete.
- Sherri got in an early majority alliance with Laura, Matt, Michael, Shamar and Julia.

- RC wanted to be in charge but the edit didn't show that she was irritating everyone.
- Sherri wanted to be in charge and the edit showed that she was.

- Pete flipped the tribe on RC by using a simple trick.
- Reynold flipped the tribe on Sherri by showing they needed his challenge skills.

- At the swap, they both got a good deal, their tribe gaining strength which enabled them to coast to the merge. Neither used the time to improve their position. It was actually Sherri that did a little better here, at least gaining Andrea's ear even if she "can't help (her) and could hurt (her) game".

- At the merge there was a lot of maneuvering and game going on in each season:

- Reynold was Phillip's original target but Corinne saved him when she proposed booting Sherri instead. This plan failed. From what we saw at the reunion, Sherri took her loss well

- Malcolm was Lisa's original target but Pete saved him when he proposed booting RC instead. This plan worked. From what we saw at Ponderosa, RC went nuts.

I think the parallels are pretty factual so Sherri could actually be considered better than RC!

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-13, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
The Best of the Best
1. Australian Outback
2. Pearl Islands
3. Fans vs Favorites
4. Palau
5. Marquesas
6. Borneo

Really Solid Entries
7. Vanuatu
8. Amazon
9. China
10. Tocantins
11. Africa

Good, But Flawed Seasons
12. Philippines
13. South Pacific
14. Guatemala
15. Panama: Exile Island
16. All-Stars
17. Heroes vs Villains
18. Samoa

Forgettable Stuff
19. Gabon
20. Thailand
21. Cook Islands
22. Nicaragua

Terrible, Terrible Seasons
23. Fiji
24. One World
25. Redemption Island

A 2003 IceCat original

05-25-13, 02:23 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
Very interesting list, Jims! I'm curious about the flaws you saw for seasons 12 to 18.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-13, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
Sure, I'll oblige.

12. Philippines

This season has a pretty likable cast overall, but is somewhat marred by Tandang's complete pre-merge dominance. Then it just turned into a fairly standard, "Misfits band together" kind of outcome that we saw in Marquesas and Cook Islands already.

The editing was really obvious too.

13. South Pacific

I'm a pretty big apologist for this season... But even I have problems with it. My biggest complaint is, basically, I feel like the season was setup so Ozzy could win. The fact that he didn't, and the script was flipped, fills me with delight (what a terrible game he played!)... But doing Redemption Island with Ozzy on the show seemed a little too setup.

Also, a really predictable post-merge. I like the internal jockeying that Sophie did to stay in control afterwards (mostly due to Albert), but yeah. Pretty boring Pagonging.

14. Guatemala

This one probably doesn't fall into this category of "flawed". I just find it a little bland. Some memorable characters, but I don't recall any real interesting blindsides ever this season. Or at least, blindsides I didn't see coming.

15. Panama: Exile Island

Fairly boring Pagonging post-merge, with the exception of an IC holdout. The Crazy Casaya thing was definitely a highlight, but the characters grated on me. Probably my least favorite Final 3 ever, as well.

16. All-Stars

I just still really hate how this one went down, game-wise. It had lots of likable people, sure. But I really dislike the brain-dead strategy these supposed All-Stars went with. From voting off the winners first (wow, real clever and not bitter) to how iconically stupid everyone was post-merge for never turning on Romber. They should thank their lucky stars that Rupert and Jenna have no idea what they're doing.

17. Heroes vs Villains

This season is like Samoa, in that it's basically professional wrestling. Survivor already is basically pro wrestling, but this season, they really rubbed it in your face. I admit I still do enjoy this season immensely for what a trainwreck of strategy it became (with a fitting Sandra win), but I call B.S. on the producers too.

18. Samoa

Same as above, with the pro wrestling motif. Loses points versus HvV because it deified Russell more. Galu was waaaaaaay too invisible as well to be taken seriously. There is pretty much no excuse for Brett to finish 3rd and be that under-developed... Especially considering Russell didn't even win.

A 2003 IceCat original

05-27-13, 06:03 PM (EST)
67. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
Thanks Jims. I must say I completely agree with you regarding Philippines, South Pacific, All-Stars, HvV and Samoa. So much so that I pulled them all down to the bottom of the pile except for All-Stars.

I rate Panama and Guatemala higher because I liked many of their characters.

Ottawa Girl 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-25-13, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ottawa%20Girl Click to send private message to Ottawa%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
I want to play. I'll admit upfront that I found it difficult ranking the seasons. I'm not married to the list with the exception of my number one.

1. Borneo -- Blew me away. Re-watching it, not as good production-wise but still ranking number one for the entertainment aspect at time of original airing. There was nothing like it. Big plus, Jeff Probst did not yell out commentaries during the challenges.

2. Cook Islands -- I know, but ranking 2nd mainly due to the number of times I viewed it ... found it entertaining. Penner's mutiny, Aitu 4 vs Goliath, the underdogs triumph, Penner dissing Jeff.

3. Australia -- Falling in fire, losing everything to a flood, and cowboys at that one reward, jumping off a cliff. All good.

4. Pearl Island -- Dead gramma, petty theft, fish sabotage. Hated Outcast twist but very entertaining season.

5. Vanuatu -- What Chris accomplished was remarkable. Hated Probst bashing him at the Reunion instead of giving him his due.

6. China -- Courtney's snark, James, Chicken's exit, Todd.

7. Amazon -- Am I the only one who thought Matthew should have won? Loved his evolution. Deena, Rob C, rocket scientist, delusional young pretty girls, Jeanne serving maggoty food, shelter burning.

8. Panama -- Shane's craziness and death threat, Cirie's rise.

9. Marquasas -- Kathy's arc, tribe switch was fun, Robfather's commentary, John Carroll's exit, Pappy and Sean win reward challenge, new Maraamu tribe challenging Jeff's call on one of the challenges.

10. Paulau -- Beautiful scenery. I didn't get the Steph love.

11. Africa -- Rough season, loved first tribe swap twist. Bathing in elephant dung infested waters!!!

12. Fans vs Favorites -- Having a hard time writing favorites without the "u" (O Canada). Erik, Erik, Erik.

13. Thailand -- Bat crazy Jan, boat slips away, Robb choking Clay, Mr Freeze.

14. All Stars -- Oh, the backstabbing, the pleas, the drama. Boston Rob was robbed.

15. Heroes vs Villains -- Loved that Sandra won over Russell and Parv and that it really pissed off Russell.

16. Fiji -- Hated haves/have-nots premise but great characters -- Yau-Man, Rocky, Anthony the male black Cinderella, Edgardo, Boo.

17. Guatamala -- Judd was both painful and funny to watch.

18. Caramoan -- Cochrane deserved the win but I didn't want him to win. What is wrong with me? Great blindsides and great saves. Production could have omitted the whole first half and don't get me started with the Reunion.

19. Tocantins -- Stephen and JT were a great team. I personally thought Stephen was more strategic. Loved Tyson and Sierra clashes.

20. Redemption Island -- Should have been called Boston Rob finally wins.

21. Philippines -- Love Penner and Malcolm. That's it.

22. Samoa -- I think I'm the only one who thought Nathalie deserved the win, loved that it pissed Jeff off to no end. (Remember this is MY list, but feel free to bash.)

23. One World -- Snooze.

24. Nicaragua -- Fabio won? Fabio?

25. Gabon -- Drama, drama, drama. Usually I enjoy drama but did not enjoy this season.

26. South Pacific -- Nothing.

05-25-13, 10:17 PM (EST)
57. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
I like this list especially since the first 9 seasons are all in the top half.

You are certainly NOT the only one that thinks Natalie deserved her win. Russell had about the worst possible social game. As for Matt, I think most viewers wanted him to win at the time but Jenna played a better game.

05-25-13, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ottawa%20Girl Click to send private message to Ottawa%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
No grief for Cook Islands? I wanted me some Michel rant (lol).

Didn't read message boards for Amazon so was not aware of the Matt love. And for Natalie, with Russell winning Fan Fav, thought I was in the minority. Hmm, good to know.

Thanks for your feedback. Have to say the later seasons have sometimes had me questioning why I still watch, but somehow they always reel me in.

05-25-13, 11:42 PM (EST)
59. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-13 AT 11:43 PM (EST)

Good list. I liked Cook Islands despite it having the most publically controversial start. Great mix of characters, and I think having a more ethnically diverse cast is something they should do again. Just don't divide them into four tribes based on ethnicity at the start of the game like that would prove anything.

Panama also had a four tribe start, and I thought that version of it was even worse, divided by age and gender. Fortunately, the four tribe start is unsustainable in the US format for the game, they can't keep it that way very long and those seasons were able to recover.

And yes, Natalie deserved the win. Russell thought he had a great social game because the remainder of his tribe followed his leadership. Completely misunderstands the concept of the social game.

I too was rooting for Matt over Jenna in Amazon, but that was mainly because I didn't like some of the things Jenna and Heidi had done. Matt didn't even try at FTC to win over any of the jury. He didn't think it was worth the effort. He was probably right.

05-26-13, 00:57 AM (EST)
62. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
I too didn't appreciate the division by ethnicity and gender/age.

The start of the game rarely impresses me. Exceptions include Borneo, Pearl Island and maybe Heroes vs Villains (Yau-Man bashing Fairplay's head on the boat).

I've watched every single episode with the exception of Camaroan episodes 2 and 3 (I had enough of Brandon and Phillip) but would read this board to see if I was missing anything. Glad I caught the Phillip boot. Great episode.

You guys rock. Reading your comments is often more entertaining than the actual episode. Especially love the summaries. Thanks.

05-26-13, 01:50 AM (EST)
65. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
I think there were many great premieres:

- Marquesas: Cleopatra, Rob, Peter.

- Amazon especially when the women won the first immunity challenge.

- All-Stars: Just to see everyone's reaction at seeing who was there.

- Vanuatu with the "greetings" from the locals and the extremely sexist ceremony which fired up the women.

- Palau was also one of a kind with the double elimination and all the decisions to make.

- Guatemala: The trek showed us what the players were made of.

- China: Courtney during the temple scene, everyone carrying their luggage up the stairs only to be told they'd leave them all behind, the art of war, Chicken's "damn!"...

- One world had a great concept. It eventually led to the men being completely fooled by Kim after the merge.

Even Fiji's "Something bad is about to happen" was interesting. It's afterwards that the Have-not twist became unfair but, as a premiere, that was very interesting.

05-26-13, 00:48 AM (EST)
61. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."

I think we are in the minority regarding Natalie but we are not alone!

No CI grief because I know that CI is an all-or-nothing type of season. Personally, I hated all the twists, especially the Final 3, and half the cast was completely forgettable. The green bottle was used only to help the Aitu tribe and Yul was never in danger of being voted out which tarnishes his victory. The fire challenge between Becky and Sundra was a perfect image of the season: Contestants who had no idea how to play this game made the season boring beyond belief. I get that many viewers thought that Penner's narration and Ozzy vs Yul were enough to make a good season but I'm not one of them.

PS. Mario Lanza's Funny 115 lists for seasons 12 to 21 has, by far, less entries for Cook Islands than any other seasons.

05-26-13, 01:17 AM (EST)
63. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
I get the Yul comment. His HII totally guaranteed a final 3 placement. Hated the rules for the 1st HII but without his HII, Yul would not have turned Penner. My love of the season has more to do with the challenges and the underdog story. And Ozzy.

I got turned on to Mario's Funny 115 lists from this board. I'll have to go back to see what 2 CI events made it on the list. CI was not a funny season.

05-26-13, 01:37 AM (EST)
64. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
There were actually 4 entries:

http://funny115.com/v2/85.htm

http://funny115.com/v2/41.htm

http://funny115.com/v2/27.htm

http://funny115.com/v2/19.htm

05-26-13, 02:16 AM (EST)
66. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
Thanks. Ha ha, Billy loves Candice. Funny and awkward.

Thanks also for the list of great first episodes. How could I forget Cleopatra. I stand corrected.

Why do I want to go back and watch them again. What I should do is go to the board's archives, relive it that way.

05-25-13, 09:51 PM (EST)
55. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
I want to play. I'll admit upfront that I found it difficult ranking the seasons. I'm not married to the list with the exception of my number one.

1. Borneo -- Blew me away. Re-watching it, not as good production-wise but still ranking number one for the entertainment aspect at time of original airing. There was nothing like it. Big plus, Jeff Probst did not yell out commentaries during the challenges.

2. Cook Islands -- I know, but ranking 2nd mainly due to the number of times I viewed it ... found it entertaining. Penner's mutiny, Aitu 4 vs Goliath, the underdogs triumph, Penner dissing Jeff.

3. Australia -- Falling in fire, losing everything to a flood, and cowboys at that one reward, jumping off a cliff. All good.

4. Pearl Island -- Dead gramma, petty theft, fish sabotage. Hated Outcast twist but very entertaining season.

5. Vanuatu -- What Chris accomplished was remarkable. Hated Probst bashing him at the Reunion instead of giving him his due.

6. China -- Courtney's snark, James, Chicken's exit, Todd.

7. Amazon -- Am I the only one who thought Matthew should have won? Loved his evolution. Deena, Rob C, rocket scientist, delusional young pretty girls, Jeanne serving maggoty food, shelter burning.

8. Panama -- Shane's craziness and death threat, Cirie's rise.

9. Marquasas -- Kathy's arc, tribe switch was fun, Robfather's commentaries, John Carroll's exit, Pappy and Sean win reward challenge, new Maraamu tribe challenging Jeff's call on one of the challenges.

10. Paulau -- Beautiful scenery. I didn't get the Steph love.

11. Africa -- Rough season, loved first tribe swap twist. Bathing in elephant dung infested waters!!!

12. Fans vs Favorites -- Having a hard time writing favorites without the "u" (O Canada). Erik, Erik, Erik.

13. Thailand -- Bat crazy Jan, boat slips away, Robb choking Clay, Mr Freeze.

14. All Stars -- Oh, the backstabbing, the pleas, the drama. Boston Rob was robbed.

15. Heroes vs Villains -- Loved that Sandra won over Russell and Parv and that it really pissed off Russell.

16. Fiji -- Hated haves/have-nots premise but great characters -- Yau-Man, Rocky, Anthony the male black Cinderella, Edgardo, Boo.

17. Guatamala -- Judd was both painful and funny to watch.

18. Caramoan -- Cochran deserved the win but I didn't want him to win. What is wrong with me? Great blindsides and great saves. Production could have omitted the whole first half and don't get me started with the Reunion.

19. Tocantins -- Stephen and JT were a great team. I personally thought Stephen was more strategic. Loved Tyson and Sierra clashes.

20. Redemption Island -- Should have been called Boston Rob finally wins.

21. Philippines -- Loved Penner and Malcolm. That's it.

22. Samoa -- I think I'm the only one who thought Nathalie deserved the win, loved that it pissed Jeff off to no end. (Remember this is MY list, but feel free to bash.)

23. One World -- Snooze.

24. Nicaragua -- Fabio won? Fabio?

25. Gabon -- Drama, drama, drama. Usually I enjoy drama but did not enjoy this season.

26. South Pacific -- Nothing.

05-25-13, 09:55 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
Sorry, obvious Noobie here. Don't know how I posted same message twice.

Neliah 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-20-14, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neliah Click to send private message to Neliah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
I am a complete newbie here, but I LOVE Survivor, even though I haven't watched it right from he start and in order, because I am in Germany and it doesn't air here at all (not even a German version of it) But I am very caught up and love this ranking thread.

So ... for me I enjoy seasons mostly if I find at least one person I really, really like, the reasons for it being various. If I "fall in love" with one of the players, I get so invested in their path and how they do on the show, that this alone would cause me to rank the entire season higher. Also I love the "old" challenges like Survivor Auction and Endurance with Temptations and of course the locations play a role, I enjoy water challenges more than let's say the ones in Africa and I also love when the players have wonderful rewards and are invited to a tribal feast in a village of the local natives. I do enjoy when I find that people have a good heart.
Having said that, let's see...

~ Best seasons IMO (not in order, they all just rank as BEST for me):
20 - Heroes vs. Villains (because I love Sandra, she is my favorite player ever, her attitute is heartwarming and hilarious at the same time. She causes me to rank this season high dispite of Russell, who I don't like at all and never will)
7 - Pearl Islands (because of Sandra and Rupert)
12 - Exile Island (because of Cirie)
16 - Fans vs. Favs 1 (because of Cirie but also the craziness of gameplay later on, that was just great to watch, even though I felt for Erik!)
11 - Guatemala (I loved Brandon, Amy, Cindy and the entire tribe-dynamics which I haven't found like that again AND of course the location, which was just pure beauty, steeped in spirit and history (for me))
8 - All Stars (because of Rupert and because the tribe Amber & Rob etc. where on had so much fun most of the time (dancing and singing), which I rarely found later on, and for me that made it very enjoyable to watch.

~ Good seasons (not in any order):
10 - Palau (I loved Ian, didn't care much for Tom though, which makes me not wanna rank it higher)
9 - Vanuatu (Can't pick a favorite player, but the entire tribe dynamics made me enjoy it a lot AND of course, the location, that was amazing.
15 - China (same thing as with Vanuatu)
17 - Gabon (I loved the wild life aka Elephants so close by and also the winner Bob a lot)
18 - Tocantins (J.T., Stephen and of coure Taj! (I came to like Coach and Tyson more in their later seasons, not this one))
6 - Amazon (I really enjoyed Rob C. and Matthew)
2 - Australia (Because I loved how the people interacted with each other, I love when they are nice to each other to be exact, and these ones stuck together through so many tough times that it was just heart warming)
4 - Marquesas (I loved the "love-tribe" moments, also Paschal, Neleh, Kathy and Sean, he was hilarious)

~ Least liked Seasons:
5 - Thailand (Just didn't like any of the cast)
14 - Fidji (Didn't like concept nor cast)
19 - Samoa (because of the inroduction of evil aka Russell and making him and his ways such a horrible focus point all season)
21 - Nicaragua (Didn't like the cast, esp. Nayonka)
24 - One World (Couldn't stand Colton)
22 - Redemption (Didn't like how it seemed just handed to Rob while the other mates on his tribe didn't seem to have a mind of their own) AND also I just can't get on board with the redemption island concept at all. It cuts the beauty of rewards and plain reward challenges short and kinda contradicts "The tribe has spoken".

~ Things that ruined the joy of watching for me:
Russel Hantz (esp. in Samoa)
Brandon Hantz returning the way he did his second time around
Colton in "One World"
Redemption Island

I guess for me it comes down to this: It's one thing if I like someone enough to make me not care about the ones I don't enjoy watching (like loving Sandra which made it bareable to endure Russell in Heroes vs. Villains) but it is another thing if there is only Russell like in Samoa or Colton in "One World" with no one to make up for it (IMO).

Anyway, this was fun. I am looking forward to Febuary and hope to find someone to like in the new season

tribephyl 10601 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-14, 03:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "Welcome!"
Thanks for joining our little community. Much more fun on the inside.

Oh and swoop!

01-20-14, 02:03 PM (EST)
70. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
LAST EDITED ON 01-20-14 AT 02:03 PM (EST)

Hi Neliah, welcome (the people here are friendly). As you can see by number of postings, I too am fairly new but I wanted to let you know I love the reasonings behind your rankings. Heartfelt -- no better reason.

With a new season fast approaching, hope to hear more from you.

01-23-14, 09:16 PM (EST)
71. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
Welcome aboard, Neliah.

Interesting read.

03-27-14, 00:14 AM (EST)
72. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
Hey, here's a fun list!
http://www.thewire.com/entertainment/2014/02/definitive-ranking-every-season-survivor/358537/

Actually, I think some of the rankings are undefendable, but there's some good snark along with the nonsense.

04-03-14, 04:10 PM (EST)
73. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
I'll be interested to see how the rest of this season plays out - based on the way things have unfolded so far, this is turning out to be a stellar season. Still a long way to go, though, so plenty could happen to cause the ranking for this season to drop in a big way.

michel2 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-05-14, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
74. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
The game play this season is entertaining but the season is very bland. There have been very few personal moments, nothing interesting about camplife, not many funny scenes and absolutely nothing to tell us that they are in the Philippines.

04-10-14, 12:18 PM (EST)
75. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
Who cares about whether they're in the Philippines? Umpteenth season there. I'm in it for the characters and how they interact with each other in strategic moments and there have been plenty of it. I'd disagree that there's "nothing interesting" about camplife and "not many funny scenes", and the consensus out there is that there are many others that agree.

04-12-14, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
77. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
They've never cared about being in the Philippines because they've never done a cultural type reward. I care about that a lot because that used to be a staple of the show. Just look back at the early seasons where they'd go to local villages, ride hot air balloons over the savanna, etc... Those were the great seasons.
Who cares about the consensus: Most fans these days take the ##### SEG serves and ask for more.

As for funny scenes, I'm sure you read Mario Lanza's funny 115 lists. How many scenes would warrant a mention? The last episode, thankfully, had some funny moments but before that?

04-12-14, 11:38 PM (EST)
78. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-14 AT 11:42 PM (EST)

They could almost always do a gross nummies chal.

China had some of the best cultural nods.

You would think one of these times in the Philippines they could have took them to the bundoks, but oh well.

04-13-14, 02:33 AM (EST)
79. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
China was indeed great for that. That's why it's one of the few seasons that can compare with the first 12. Survivor jumped the shark filming Cook Islands and very few seasons after that equal the gems we originally had.

The funniest thing is I remember complaining about Africa, Thailand and All-Star! Those are still the weakest of the first 12 seasons but they are golden compared to the formulaic show we have in Cagayan: Where are the idols? Who do we vote for? That is practically ALL we get these days. I may as well play another online game.

All the seasons in the Philippines could have been filmed in Burnett's backyard or a Hollywood studio and we wouldn't have seen the difference. The Outback steakhouse! Nothing makes you think of the Philippines more than that!

04-10-14, 02:57 PM (EST)
76. "RE: Ranking your Favorite Seasons."
http://www.giligansrestaurant.com/site/index.html

I agree that Survivor Production no longer has any culture, it's a shame but what can you do. I like this season so far, interesting batch of characters.

They got really lucky with the weather during filming. While the rest of the country took poundings from storms, Probst and co. got off light.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •