The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-15-12, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
Tribal switch could not have been any more random than what we saw; but after all was said and done MB must have had a smile on his face wider than the Grand Canyon. The three men least thrilled with giving up immunity got teamed with the core of the women's alliance; while Colton didn't lose his suck-ups in the shuffle and was placed perfectly between the three men and three women. And the two season's villians got to join forces.

1) KIM (9,5,4,7) - Can't ask for a better position. Stays intact with her girl alliance and has bonded with Troy and Jay. Oh BTW, she also has a HII. Back when Sabrina told the women she found the HII but had to hand it over, I'm sure where she found it came up in the discusson so MONSTER advantage for the women. But there are three other women on the new tribe, so kudos to Kim for finding it.

2) TROY (5,4,2,2) - Move over Country Gal, there's a new chicken snatcher in town. When he played cornerback I'm sure the coaches taught him the importance of going for the legs when making a tackle; glad to see he used the same technique with the chicken. Generally age is a disadvantage on Reality Shows, but if Troy could play the "Who's Your Daddy" card with the younger girls (and Jay) he may get some mileage from that.

3) JAY (3,7,3,3) - If he makes it to the merge with the right alliance, I can sense an IC run for this guy. We could have the early makings of a Kim, Chelsea, Troy, and Jay F4 deal. This would work well for Jay and make him the serious dark horse in this season.

4) SABRINA (1,1,1,1) - I'm not surprised Kim chose Chelsea over Sabrina to tell about the HII. Kim/Sabrina alliance could be a power struggle waiting to happen. Chelsea can play the part of the obedient following lamb more easily. I'm dropping Sabrina for not finding the HII. She had the best chance of finding it and one would have to assume the finder keeps it because there's no way to approach the other tribe being separated from each other.

5) CHELSEA (2,8,8,10) - Finds herself in a great position partnered with Kim. Problem is if she's really intent on winning, she'll need to eliminate Kim. If she sits next to her in the Finals Kim will give her a good 'ole-fashioned country whoopin' when the votes are read.

6) COLTON (15,15,10,13) - AHHH, the beauty of being the middleman in an uneven number tribe. With three men and three women Colton found himself in the middle. There have been previous players who failed in this position because they sat back thinking they were safe. I'm moving him up for seizing the opportunity and accepting the role in a proactive manner. He also moves up for providing the most entertaining moment in the episode ocurring at the IC...which was helped by Jeff tossing the ball closest to Colton so when he retrieved it we could watch the "Greek Gods" converge on him and hear Colton shrilling like a little school girl. Funny Stuff!

7) ALICIA (16,16,12,12) - She wanted Christina gone in the worst way, so I'll give her props for putting gameplay over her personal agenda. Like Colton, she is in good shape for advancement but has zero chance of winning. Although with the new tribe formations, Alicia becomes the best candidate to orchestrate a Colton blindside. She began her game hoping to attract a panty-chaser so she could play him. Wouldn't it be hysterical if the guy she ends up playing is as gay as a pink feather duster?!

8) MICHAEL (7,11,9,9) - Not sure where he is at right now--other than in the water with Chelsea. Not an unenviable situation by any means, but the slightest thought of a budding showmance and he's a goner. On a positive note, nice job catching the big crab.

9) CHRISTINA (6,2,6,5) - In ep. 2 Alicia wanted her death by water; in the preview Colton suggests her death by fire. But in the end, it will be at TC where her game death is offical. If she can somehow make it to the merge, she'll be the best escape artist since Houdini. I hope she does; but I doubt it.

10) JONAS (13,6,5,8) - On one hand he's OK being "Colton's B!tch;" on the other hand he says he doesn't trust him. Can this marshmellow be any more wishy-washy? But much to Jonas' chagrin Colton has a new b!tch on Manono...her name is Alicia.

11) LEIF (4,3,7,6) - I liked his scrapiness in the IC, but I see no storyline for this castaway. Personally I am disappointed because I wanted him to be a bigger part of the season and do well. But heading into ep. 6, I don't see it.

12) KAT (12,14,12,11) - Has "UTR" and "coattail rider" written all over her. You know how I feel about these labels, hence her position in the rankings.

13) GREG (11,12,15,14) - Never have I wanted a player this low in my rankings to participate in Final TC. It would be classic, but he would probably be the first juror in Survivor history to be accompanied by a translator. I suppose Production doesn't have a large pool of 60+ year old applicants to choose from, but they have to do better than this buffoon.

BOOTED) MONICA (9,9,9,4) - Being one of the three women in a newly formed seven person tribe, I can't fault her too much for having to put some trust in the middleman Colton. If she was familar with the Anti-Darwin Syndrome it wouldn't have been a blindside. With the NuManono figuring they'll lose with or without her, Monica was easily expendable. If the tribal switch put her with the "Greek Gods," she makes the merge.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... michel 03-17-12 1
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-17-12 2
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... michel 03-17-12 4
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-17-12 5
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... michel 03-17-12 6
                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-18-12 7
                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... michel 03-18-12 8
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... garyc 03-19-12 9
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... SpotTheDiffference 03-17-12 3
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... michel 03-19-12 11
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... SpotTheDiffference 03-19-12 13
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... michel 03-19-12 10
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... iltarion 03-19-12 12
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... michel 03-20-12 16
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-20-12 17
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... michel 03-20-12 18
                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-20-12 19
                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... michel 03-20-12 20
                           RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-20-12 22
                               RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... michel 03-20-12 23
                                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-21-12 25
                                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... michel 03-21-12 27
                                           RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... iltarion 03-21-12 28
                                           RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... Aruba 03-21-12 29
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... dabo 03-20-12 14
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... michel 03-20-12 15
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... dabo 03-20-12 21
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... iltarion 03-20-12 24
 Tallies dabo 03-21-12 26
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe... Belle Book 05-27-12 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-17-12, 02:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
I'm not ready for my list yet but I did want to bump this post above the spamming we've seen.

I'll just say that most of Colton's power comes from being disliked by so many players. People are lining up to ride his coat-tails so I don't think that he should be rated that high.

As for Kat, please tell me how differently you would have played if you had been in her position! Isn't she just "working with a team/tribe"?!!!!! I think she is doing pretty much what you advocated last week regarding Monono's dumb move: Don't go against the majority, think you are biding your time when, in fact, you are obeing orders.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-17-12, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
Hey...thanks for the bump-up

Believe me when I tell you it "hurt" ranking Colton (and Alicia) as high as I did. But I also moved Colton up for his "entertainment value" during the IC. Watching him prance through the water to retrieve the ball and the piercing sounds coming out of his mouth during the struggle that ensued was the funniest moment of the episode.

I think most of Colton's power up to this point has been the HII and recently being the middleman between three women and three men on the NuManono tribe. Being disliked certainly helps because he would be an absolute DREAM to sit next to in the Finals. Although I think that's premature thinking on Day 11 even for the most savvy of players.

When you have no survival skills, your work ethic and contribution around camp has been mimimal to nothing, and you are subpar in challenges I suppose all you can do is ride coattails. So you make a good point defending Kat by asking how else should she play the game differently. But to ask how would I have played it if I was in her position is impossible for me to answer because I would have survival skills, my contribution around camp would be excellent, and I would perform well in the challenges. A low ranking for Kat is more of a low ranking for Production.

Going with the majority of a tribe you know you will not be teamed with for 39 days for one move is tremendously different than building your whole game around coattail riding because you are so pathetically inept when it comes to survival skills and challenges.

03-17-12, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
Kat cost her tribe one challenge but has been good since then. As for her work ethic, it has never been discussed so I'd say it isn't an issue.

On performing well in challenges, I'll just say that one of the worst ever was an Olympian! Besides, even the best players fumble the ball at the most inopportune time. This to say that no one knows how one would fare in those challenges.

03-17-12, 11:09 AM (EST)
5. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
Nina cited her non-contribution around camp as an issue so something WAS mentioned to that regard. After costing her tribe an IC she more or less bailed out of the next IC but admitting she sucks at puzzles. So essentially she didn't give herself a chance to cost her tribe another IC. This is vintage Kat...I'll won't even try if I run the risk of failing. And those aren't my words...those are HERS.

As far as the Olympian who sucked in challenges...take a look at her when she competed in the Olympics verses how she looked on Survivor. You're pretty good and finding clips and pics of players. Post the two right here if you can find them. When you do I've got three words for you--Performance Enchancing Drugs. She would never admit it because if it ever came out she'd have to forfeit her medal. But I've been around athletics for a major part of my life and I know what I see and I'll just leave it at that.

Granted much depends on what the future challenges entail, but even the most diehard Kat fan cannot be optomistic about her abilities in future challenges. By her own admission she sucks at puzzles, her lack of balance cost her tribe an IC, and do you REALLY think she'll stack up against the others physically???

03-17-12, 07:53 PM (EST)
6. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
Nina? You mean the bag of rocks?!! Yes, her word means a lot!

As for Crystal, yes cutting steroid explained it partly but some of those failures were more than that:

http://funny115.com/v2/28.htm

Anyway, winning challenges doesn't prevent one from riding coat tails. Ozzy rode Cirie's coat tails in the new Malakal, even agreeing to throw challenges and Colby rode Tina's coat tails throughout the Outback. He won the challenges, she made the decisions.

03-18-12, 08:29 AM (EST)
7. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"

I realize we never got to see a whole lot of Nina but she did not come across as a liar or BSer from my observation or perception. I suppose you must have seen a completely different side than I did.

"Ozzy rode Cirie's coat tails in the new Malakal, even agreeing to throw challenges and Colby rode Tina's coat tails throughout the Outback."

Huh??? WHAT??? You're a funny man. Some discussions are best to let fall by the wayside.

03-18-12, 02:48 PM (EST)
8. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
Three seasons have shown us that Colby doesn't have an idea what strategy even means. Give him a chessboard and all he'd say is: "Nice Horsey". The guy is as dumb as a nail.

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-19-12, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
Think maybe some of Colton's influence comes from his fellow alliance members thinking he has closer ties to the women than he really does.

SpotTheDiffference 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-17-12, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDiffference Click to send private message to SpotTheDiffference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
1. Kim (10, 3, 2, 3)
This was, without a doubt, Kim's best showing in the game. Finding the HII could be crucial to countering Colton and his herd of sheep, and the side-alliance with Troyzan and Jay gives her more chances to switch strategies post-merge.

2. Chelsea (1, 4, 4, 6)
It's her being Kim's #2 that takes her up on my list. We've seen the power of pairs in this game, and if they can keep their tandem on the down-low, then Chelsea is sure to make it far. On the other hand, sticking with Kim in the end game would be disastrous for her--given how the editors have edited both of them, Kim is the sure winner if it ends up being a Kim-chelsea showdown in the end.

3. Sabrina (2, 1, 5, 1)
Sabrina has a bit of her power stripped away because of the swap. While she still has most of her original alliance intact, Kim just got past Sabrina in the strategy department, and Kat seems like a very logical first boot for NuSalani if they ever go to TC.

4. Jay (7, 10, 6, 4)
Jay found a bit more longevity in the game after the swap, and in the unlikely event that NuSalani loses multiple ICs before the merge, I think there at least two more boot candidates before his name comes up.

5. Troy (5, 9, 1, 5)
Apart from Colton, I think Troy has been portrayed as having the best relationship with the women. He was the one that Chelsea asked for fire, and he was the one that the women talked to about the previous TC. He's in the clearly stronger NuSalani tribe, and is in Kim's sub-alliance. At the moment, he really hasn't done anything wrong.

6. Michael (6, 6, 10, 7)
Michael is the obvious MVP of the IC--it was practically tailor-made for him and his height. However, he was on the outs in Manono, and he's still on the outs in Salani. He's also a huge challenge threat, so I don't think he'll make it far past the merge.

7. Leif (8, 8, 9, 12)
Leif is here only because of his challenge performance against Michael. With Colton supposedly sticking with the men, I think he'll survive next week. I don't think he'll last much longer though.

8. Colton (15, 16, 11, 13)
Colton is rated this high because--let's be honest--nearly everyone else on NuManono relies on him for strategy. This puts Colton at a very good position, at least up to the merge.

9. Jonas (4, 5, 3, 11)
Some people might think that Jonas should have gotten rid of Colton, but I disagree. Jonas needs Colton in the merge both as a number and as a vote-shield to even have a shot at making it far into the game. Getting rid of Colton now also means that NuManono will have a 3 vs. 3 gender-split tribe, and Leif's history with OldManono might just be enough to have him flip to the women.

10. Kat (12, 15, 12, 9)
Not much from Kat this episode. Decent performance in both RC and IC, I guess.

11. Alicia (17, 14, 13, 10)
I think Alicia played the only card that she could. To go against Colton, she would need at least one man flip, and given their seemingly blind loyalty to him, Alicia would have painted herself a target on her back and probably would have found herself gone instead of Monica.

12. Christina (3, 7, 8, 8)
Christina is pretty much dead woman walking right now. Colton doesn't trust her, Alicia doesn't like her, and she was left in the dark about the Monica boot. I don't think she'll be able to flip any of the men on her side, and it will take a miracle (or a medevac, if the promo holds true) to keep her in the game past next week.

13. Greg (11, 13, 14, 14)
He's weak, he's annoying, and he's pissed people off. Right now, he might just be Colton's perfect goat.

Out:
Monica (9, 2, 7, 2)
Bill (13, 11, 15)
Matt (16, 12)
Nina (14)
Kourtney

03-19-12, 06:54 PM (EST)
11. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
Spotthediffference, you write:

"Some people might think that Jonas should have gotten rid of Colton, but I disagree."

and

"Tarzan... might just be Colton's perfect goat."

The second statement tells you why Jonas needs to get off of Colton's coat tails. Sooner or later he will need to go goat hunting because Colton is set right now; Tarzan and Alicia are is best chance at the money.

If Jonas lets Colton do all the work, no one will go with him when the time comes. So, yes it's too early to boot Colton but it isn't too early to form a power base of his own. Right now, all Jonas is doing is admiring Colton.

SpotTheDiffference 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-19-12, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDiffference Click to send private message to SpotTheDiffference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
yes it's too early to boot Colton

Yes, this was the point I was trying to make about Jonas. Both his and Colton's best moves are the same--take Tarzan and probably Leif to the finals.

Jonas will need to do something to get votes. Masterminding a Colton boot could do it but so far, he really hasn't shown that he's actually capable of masterminding anything.

03-19-12, 06:45 PM (EST)
10. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
I was forgetting to make my list. Can't go talking about other lists if I don't put up one of my own!

1- Kim (1,1,1,1): It seems everyone wanted to be on board with Team Kim. The last players that were so well liked by the others were JT, Danni and Tom. Not bad.

2- Jay (7,5,12,12) : Big jump for this guy. There is a parallel to be drawn between Jay and JT, as both are southern boys that charmed their way inside an opposing alliance. Colton seems infatuated with Jay so I hope this turns out to be the Villain's blind spot.

3- Sabrina (2,4,2,2): She settled back into the role of the narrator. She told us about what was happening around her but we didn't hear anything new about her.

4- Troyzan (5,3,3,16): By showing his exchange with the women early on the morning after TC, we continued to see a player with great rapport to the others. He was called in by Jay and Kim to join their new formed alliance which is great for him.

5- Chelsea (4,2,3,5): We heard that Kim trusts Chelsea. She was included in a new alliance and was in on the idol secret but she didn't get the chance to tell us what she thought about all that.

6- Kat (3,5,8,8): She did alright in both challenges which seems to be enough for the others to like her. It's not enough for me but I won't drop her further yet.

7- Alicia (9,8,10,6): Within a few minutes, she went from saying the girls are loyal and needing them around to throwing them under the bus. I do hope she knows what she is doing or she could cause the fall of all the women.

8- Michael(8,7,9,15): The big guy caught some big crabs while others talked about the game. Way to go dumbass! Even Jay doesn't want anything to do with him.

9- Christina (10,13,13,9): She knew that the guys were doing some crazy things but she still trusted them to be telling her the truth. How dumb is that?

10- Jonas (11,11,4,4): Others follow Colton out of fear while this guy follows him out of admiration?????? I certainly hope that the coat tail riding doesn't reach the end.

12- Leif (12, 13, 11, 11): This supposed wild card doesn’t have a plan. All we see from him is that he likes everyone. That already got him in trouble once. When he complimented Monica during TC, we realized he hadn’t learned.

13- Tarzan (13,14,14,12): That was probably the worse Tribal Council ever as it revolved around Tarzan’s affection for words, his affectation using them and his affliction remembering some.

14- Colton (14,12,7,7): He continues to decide the course of action but his desire to be on a team with Jay, Troyzan, Kim and Sabrina could be the cause of his downfall. I will give him his due: He is great at getting information from people so he does have the ability to charm them.

Booted- Monica (6,6,9,10): The funniest thing is that she complained that Colton was too much like an infant that she needed to mother. Colton booted her partly because she was too fake in her mothering approach! Monica named her kids Rex, Judge and Honor so she certainly isn't the type of mother that Colton knows.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-12, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-12 AT 09:18 PM (EST)

Good things come to those who wait. Unbelievably busy end of the week for me.

Pretty good episode though the tribal divisions couldn't have been any more predictable.

Unfortunately, I don't think there will be a lot of novelty in my list.

1. KIM- Not exactly the most interesting character in the world, but she knows how to play the game. When you combine that with a couple key breaks, you have a clear cut leader at the turn. She has the chance to be one of the better female winners, and we haven't had a memorable one since Parvati won Micro. Great social game and sound strategically. One thing I don't get though, TWO idols at the same beach? Does that mean zero at the other beach? That would be quite a disadvantage for the team drawing the burnt orange eggs.

2. Chelsea- I said at the beginning that Chelsea would make the perfect loyal soldier, to use Brian parlance. Kim finding the HII was equally great for her. Her failed diplomacy with the men might have ruined her chances of beating Kim in a FTC, but her challenge ability might give her some options down the road. Obviously, it was a real bad sign that she had nothing to say about the tribal switch or the idol being found, but I'm not going to put her entire edit into one episode. It might have just been time for Kim to speak as we had mostly heard from Chelsea until now.

3. Sabrina - She still kept something akin to a narrator's role this episode, and she remains in a great spot. However, I think her chances of winning just fell to 3rd best. I don't see Kim allowing Sabrina to make the FTC, and Kim has the HII.

4. Troyzan - As usual, great confessionals from the Zan. The fact that he would have been good in either tribe shows he has played well. Frankly, I think he's the only guy who has a chance at winning. Great job catching the chicken, the best part of which is when he walked away afterwards. Everyone, including Chelsea, was cheering wildly, but he just acted like it was another day at the office. As long as Troy and Chelsea remain in the game, this season will be worth watching for me. Lastly, someone should say, this guy is 50? I need to get in shape.

5. Jay - Clearly Jay is the big mover this week. The idea of a coed alliance within Salani seemed to be his. I am not convinced the women would turn on their own, but he at least put himself in front of Michael on the boot list. Considering the likelihood of Salani losing challenges, that is probably a guarantee for merge.

6. Christina - I thought she looked great this episode, especially with the pigtails. I am a big fan, even though her time is growing short. I loved the shot of her and Jonas leaning on each other. They make a great couple. Once again, no one trusts the asian girl. I think there is a stereotype in there somewhere. Was she really that shocked at Monica getting the boot? Or was it more that Alicia voted with the men and left her in the dark? In that sense, she was the real blindside.

7. Kat - She is the fourth girl in the dominant girl alliance, and that is good enough for some consideration. I liked the stiff arm she threw Christina when she had the ball. She might have some anatomy that is kind of pleasant to look at, though I wouldn't be the one to mention that, of course.

8. Jonas - Though I may hate the UTR strategy, if he could ride Colton to the end, hahaha, he could win it all. Problem is- why would Colton bring him? He could have easily recruited Lief, Monica and Christina, blindsided Colton, and changed the entire power structure in the game. However, sticking with Colton was the "safer" move. He remains entertaining in confessional, and he had a fairly strong episode, edit-wise.

9. Alicia - The only thing you can blame her for is the blindside, which again was unnecessary. She had little choice but to ultimately go with Colton, who had the numbers and the power to vote off whoever he wanted. The fact that she even initially disagreed with the idea of voting off Christina, who we know she doesn't like, was somewhat impressive. Her best play now would be to stick with the guys, but I doubt she will do that once she actually has an option.

10. Michael - He disappeared from the edit, but he did dominate the IC and kill some large crabs. That has to put him above the rest.

11. Colton - He missed his target. As a member of the largest alliance in the game, and a possible goat herself, Alicia would have been the right boot. Monica was the head of nothing. I do give him credit for how well he played Alicia, even if it was completely unnecessary, and also for giving full effort in the doomed IC. Now that Kim has an HII and some connections with the men, he is no longer the most powerful player in the game despite being the most hated. Bad combo.

12. Tarzan - My assessment of Greg as a castaway rocketed with this episode. Yes, clearly the tribal switch ended his bid for power, and now he is little more than an expendable bump on a log. However, he is also quite the character. I can see why he was casted.

13. Lief - If there is a worthless casting choice here, it is Lief. His honesty was even looked at as a bad thing by Jonas instead of a good thing. Other than being spoken of, he has zero edit. He should make the jury though.

Despues...

Kourtney - UGH
Nina - No shot
Matt - Leading is a dangerous game.
Bill - Was too impressed with the women for the men's tastes.
Monica - Very impressive woman who can hold her head high. She worked hard, competed hard, and did what she could. She clearly decided to take the lead on the new tribe. Doing so on Salani could have gotten her somewhere, or it could have gotten her booted first. Either way, the pink bikini will be missed.

>

03-20-12, 07:05 PM (EST)
16. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
"One thing I don't get though, TWO idols at the same beach? Does that mean zero at the other beach? That would be quite a disadvantage for the team drawing the burnt orange eggs."

The women that picked Orange still had spent 14 days on the right beach. What the switch did was remove a dangerous variable in Colton's game. Now that they were down 3-4, it would have been the time for someone to feel the need to look for an idol but it was too late to start looking and Kim couldn't hand the idol to one of the women in order to keep them safe.

03-20-12, 07:50 PM (EST)
17. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
Here's how I understand the two idols at the same beach concept.

Because of the One World theme, two tribes (Salani and Manono) were on the SAME BEACH. One idol was hidden in the womens' camp and one was hidden in the men's camp.

Sabrina found the HII in the women's camp but was forced to hand it over to a man (Colton.) Any guy knowing Sabrina had to give it to a Manono would understandably not put too much effort into looking for a HII they would not be able to keep.

With the tribal switch, the NuSalani tribe stayed at the "same beach" where both tribes started the game. Knowing the NuManono tribe had to move to another area, it should have appeared obvious the finder of the HII (still hidden at the old men's camp) could not give it to a member of the other tribe because of the inability to see each other.

As I stated in my list, it was a huge advantage for the four women staying on the same beach.

03-20-12, 07:53 PM (EST)
18. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"

>As I stated in my list,
>it was a huge advantage
>for the four women staying
>on the same beach.

Agreed with everything you wrote and just wanted to add that it was also an advantage for the 4 men that went to the other beach.

03-20-12, 08:07 PM (EST)
19. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
I'm a bit lost with your statement. Why an advantage for the four men on NuManono? I assume there's NO idol on the NuManono beach, nor will there be until a HII is played. I could be wrong but that's my assumption.

03-20-12, 08:26 PM (EST)
20. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
If Manono hadn't moved then Alicia, Christina and Monica could have found the idol before Kim. Or Kim could have given the idol to Monica if they had been allied and Monica felt that she was in danger.

03-20-12, 08:44 PM (EST)
22. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
OK, I see what you mean. Only thing is Mamaca felt safe and secure with Colton. If Monica does not get the idol she gets blindsided and goes home regardless.

If she gets the idol, I'm feeling pretty certain she tells Colton thinking Greg is going home anyway. If Kim gives the HHI to Monica, Monica tells the other women. Alicia runs and tells Colton. Once Colton knows Monica has the HII, he goes to Plan B and they vote out Christina.

The men on NuManono were safe because "middleman" Colton decided to side with the men and send a woman home.

03-20-12, 09:40 PM (EST)
23. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
While it may have happened that way, you are forgetting to include Jay and Mike in your equation. Monica felt safe that Colton was with the girls but, if it had remained "One World", Jay or Mike could have told all the women that Colton was with the Misfits to stay. Alicia would have confirmed this by saying he was targeting both Monica and Christina. Kim gives Monica the idol and the three NuManono women eliminate the jerk. Why do you think they moved Colton out of harms' way?

03-21-12, 06:10 AM (EST)
25. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
Right from the getgo I said this whole twist was advantageous for Colton so I don't disagree with your hypothetical scenario to blindside Colton if both tribes remain on the same beach.

What I disagreed with is your statement that the twist of separating the tribes and the second HII was an advantage for the "four men." I don't see Jonas, Leif, or Greg going anywhere regardless of what beach they're at or regardless of who finds the other HII.

Also if it stayed "One World," I doubt Alicia pursues Colton as an ally, and even if she did, I doubt Colton would have involved her in any discussion because with the three other guys they have enough votes to eliminate Monica anyway.

Lastly if both tribes go back to their original camps after the RC, Kim wouldn't have been able to snoop around the Manono camp and find the HII with the seven NuManono tribemates in the vicinity.

03-21-12, 05:40 PM (EST)
27. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
From Colton's own words,Troy and Jay were more important in the alliance than Tarzan, Jonas and certainly Leif. The switch helped them because now Colton has to rely on them. As for Colton not talking to Alicia if it had remained One World, I think he is so full of himself that he wouldn't have been able to keep quiet about having the guys under control. In fact, he may also have told Sab and Kim about it.

03-21-12, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"

A HII not being on the orange beach helped the men because they are in the majority and don't have to worry about a woman coming up with it. Simple.

michel makes too big a deal out of Colton saying he saw this person and that person and BEEP. That doesn't necessarily make those the most important people in the game. It could just mean those were the first blue people he saw. Since Jonas was splattered in orange, same as Colton, Colton wasn't going to include him in those he saw splattered in blue, is he? That doesn't mean Jonas isn't important to his alliance.

>

03-21-12, 06:36 PM (EST)
29. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
Who's talking about if a switch doesn't happen? Not me. The statement I made in my list about an advantage for the four women on the NuSalani tribe was in reference to the HII.

All I'm saying is the women probably knew where to look whereas the three men didn't. And the fact they separated the tribes allowed the finder on the HII to retain it.

With rare exception tribal switches occur and any player understanding Survivor should plan for it and not be shocked or surprised when it does happen. We could have a thread with hundreds of posts playing the "what if" game about tribal switches and what happens if this player went here and that player went there and if the switch doesn't happen at all...Yadda, Yadda, Yadda, Blah, Blah, Blah.

Here's one for you...if Monica egg squirts blue and Kim's is orange guess who's the fourth player voted out of Survivor: One World? The one who was #1 on eveyone's list this week.

And IF we didn't have the Tribal Switch on Ep. 5 and IF Manono goes to TC, I still contend Jonas, Leif, and Tarzan are safe because Michael probably gets voted out.

This is why I didn't play the "what if" game pertaining to the tribal switch this past episode and focused my discussion on who had the huge advantage based on the second HII.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-12, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
Well, for a switch week, it was a good week to be in a strong alliance, with only Alicia and Troyzan losing a numbers advantage. And neither of them had to scramble in their new tribes to land in good spots.

1. Kim (1). It was, of course, the sweetest week to be Kim. Stayed with her good buddies, doesn't have to deal with diva Alicia for awhile, found an HII, smartly allied with Jay and Troyzan as a back-up plan, yowza!

2. Troy "Troyzan" (12). And he's back in the game! Catching rooster by the feet, risky, he could have got spurred, but he came out a winner.

3. Sabrina (2). Wise leader, adjusted immediately to new situation, like her smarts.

4. Jonas (11). Head in the game, I see him as subtle and controlling what he can in quiet ways.

5. Chelsea (3). Quiet this week, but still in a good position.

6. Leif (10). Managed to get himself back UTR, most people seem to like him.

7. Alicia (7). I don't really like her but she does manage somehow to always gravitate to the centers of control. And she makes me laugh.

8. Jay (9). JT charm and a bit of a brain as well.

9. Christina (6). Went from one bad situation to another bad situation, at least she tried.

10. Kat (4). Here by default, like her but no head for the game.

11. Greg "Tarzan" (13). Toned it down after the switch, or mellowing with age. I think he's putting on something of an act, doomed to fail at some point, but I'm finding it amusing now. No Norm Crosby but with a bit of work he could develop a comedy stand-up act of interpolating malapropisms.

12. Michael (8). Pretty much vanished this time, great challenge performance though. Crab hunter, all well and good, but in the end it is a social game, and he had none of that.

13. Colton (14). Uu! I did laugh when he screamed like a girl during the IC. I'll give him some credit for smart game, he's got the suckers under control, but he's a lousy human being and remains the bottom-feeder.

Good-bye Monica (5). With any luck we'll see her again with her hubby on TAR and they'll blow away the competition.

03-20-12, 06:59 PM (EST)
15. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
"Monica. With any luck we'll see her again with her hubby on TAR"

I think she was much too level-headed to interest them.

As for Leif, I don't think he did anything to get himself back UTR except pick an orange egg. Strange isn't it that it was the only thing that the swap accomplished...besides making sure that Colton would have the numbers at the merge.

03-20-12, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
True, Leif doesn't really understand the game, the only thing he has going for himself is he is well liked, and he goes all out in challenges but is probably going to continue to be under-estimated. The switch was good for him as Tarzan and Jonas need to keep him around now, at least to the merge, because there is nothing they can do to help Jay, Mike or Troy. So, Leif could go deep in the game if the men prevail post-merge, and should the women prevail they might give him a break and keep him in it as long as possible just because he's likeable.

03-20-12, 10:16 PM (EST)
24. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"

Hey, dabo, sweetest week to be the idol. Hahahaha!!!!

>

03-21-12, 10:43 AM (EST)
26. "Tallies"
Kim - 5|1
Sabrina - 16|3.2
Troy "Troyzan" - 17|3.4
Chelsea - 19|3.8
Jay - 22|4.4
Alicia - 41|8.2
Jonas - 41|8.2
Michael - 44|8.8
Christina - 45|9
Kat - 45|9
Leif - 48|9.6
Colton - 51|10.2
Greg "Tarzan" - 61|12.2

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-27-12, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 5 Love/Loathe List"
Here are my rankings for this episode:

1. Kim -- she's now in the power position, with a Hidden Immunity Idol and two options.

2. Chelsea -- moved up to #2 since Kim chose to confide in her about the HII. She's also in a great position.

3. Sabrina -- dropped to #3 but she's still in great shape with most of her main alliance intact.

4. Troyzan -- moved up to #4 by being part of a strong tribe and by catching a rooster!

5. Jay -- he must be in heaven, being in an alliance with two women as well as being in the stronger tribe!

6. Christina -- poor girl can't catch much of a break. At least she outlasted Monica.

7. Leif -- thanks to having most of the Misfits Alliance with him, he's safe again. And he did well during the Immunity Challenge! Too bad it didn't matter much.

8. Kat -- did a decent job in both challenges. And she's safe with most of her alliance.

9. Jonas -- I just hope he's more than "Colton's #####"!

10. Michael -- nice job in the IC and in getting that crab for dinner. The switch helped him for now!

11. Alicia -- I suspect once she realized Colton was sticking with the guys, she chose to aid him. Okay for now.

12. Colton -- not as bad as he was last episode, but he's still one of my least favorites.

13. Tarzan -- I really wish they'd chosen to get rid of him, but he's part of the Misfits alliance.

Gonzo: Monica. She just couldn't get a break. But it's real ironic that Colton thought she was leading the women!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •