The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-04-11, 03:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "

Well, I have to give the editing credit because I didn't see this coming. I'm not sure why a guy finishing 7th would get such a large part of the edit. He was entertaining to a point, but not THAT entertaining. I guess the actual final four must be some boring individuals.

I was damn glad to see him go though. His story got old about 4 episodes ago. AND, it is anyboy's game now.

1. COACH - Is it possible that right after Rob M somehow convinced his tribe to give him a free ride to the end that Coach could do the same thing? No one is even close to targeting him. It seems like everyone has him in their finals. He has stayed loyal with his vote but has vacillated in everything else. Seems like he is giving his word to too many people. You can't be loyal to everyone and maintain integrity.

2. Sophie - I'm not so sure this isn't her game now. She is along with Coach and Ozzy the only person to have a voice throughout. She wanted Cochran gone and got her wish. She has kept a cooler head than Albert and has kept an eye on Brandon throughout.

3. Edna - My girl is still around and trying. I don't quite get the tears at TC considering she has known her standing for weeks, but I understand that sometimes it can just get to you. According to the family, she is the next to go. Obviously, I'm hoping for things to finally change up. We will see.

4. Brandon - The drama at TC was nonsense. Brandon is the PERFECT alliance mate. He will vote for who he says he'll vote for even if it strategically makes no sense. Who wants their alliance mate thinking strategically? Forget that. They might realize they would be best off to get rid of you. Coach couldn't have found a better guy to align with.

5. Albert - I love it when guys are trying to sound smart and talk so stupid. If your entire tribe is working except for you, don't you think they MIGHT resent that a little? Think maybe that MIGHT get brought up at FTC? Don't these people WATCH Survivor? Anyway, I'm not sure we've seen anyone with more plans and less execution. Is he just mining for votes? The problem is I don't see Coach letting him make the FTC.

6. Rick - Holy smokes, he actually SPOKE this episode. He even had his cowboy hat off. I was like - Who the hell is this guy? I think he is the next to go.

RI-

Cochran - HAHAHAHA... how sweet it is. Dude had just become annoying. Actually, the Upolus owe you nothing. You tried to make a move to better yourself, and it didn't work. On the other hand, you got to be relevant for a couple episodes. Props.

Ozzy - Like I said before, NO ONE beats this guy in a concentration challenge. His story continues afterall. In fact, it is getting stronger. RI was made for him. He has a real shot now.

No Redemption for You-

Dawn - Surprised. She had a strong edit. Not sure why. She wasn't that interesting.

Whitney - Long time coming. Take the train.

>

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... michel 12-04-11 1
 RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... milkachulina 12-05-11 2
 RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... Belle Book 12-05-11 3
 RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... dabo 12-05-11 4
   RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... michel 12-05-11 5
       RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... iltarion 12-05-11 6
           RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... michel 12-06-11 8
       RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... dabo 12-06-11 7
           RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... michel 12-06-11 11
               RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... dabo 12-07-11 13
                   RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... michel 12-07-11 14
                       RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... dabo 12-08-11 15
                           RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... michel 12-08-11 16
                               RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... dabo 12-09-11 21
                                   RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... michel 12-09-11 24
                   RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... PepeLePew13 12-08-11 17
                       RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... Belle Book 12-08-11 18
                           RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... michel 12-08-11 20
                               RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... dabo 12-09-11 23
                                   RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... michel 12-09-11 25
                                       RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... dabo 12-10-11 26
                                           RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... michel 12-10-11 27
                                               RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... iltarion 12-11-11 28
                                                   RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... michel 12-11-11 30
                                               RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... dabo 12-11-11 29
                                                   RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... michel 12-11-11 31
                       RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... michel 12-08-11 19
       RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... Belle Book 12-06-11 9
           RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... iltarion 12-06-11 10
               RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List ... dabo 12-07-11 12
 Tallies dabo 12-09-11 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-04-11, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-11 AT 02:30 PM (EST)

1- Coach: The only question remaining is whether or not he chose the right tide. His story is the only interesting one left. Roll Tide!

2- Albert: Princess Albert is dumb but he is our only hope to see something happen. Seeing him fail so often isn't very promising though.

3- Sophie: She seemed calm and observant but, in reality, she is cold and boring. Finally though, she earned a role in this season's play by becoming the axe-wielding killer in the Manson family. Sharon Tate was killed by 16 knife wounds and we heard Sophie taking 16 whacks!

4- Edna: Now let me understand this: Brandon told her on day 10 or so that she wasn't part of the alliance, that she was only their 6th vote and NOW she starts worrying? Took her 20 days to realize what Brandon was saying. What's up, Doc?

5- Brandon: If you are not going to play then stay home.

6- Rick: If you are not going to live then kill yourself.

RI - Ozzy: This dumbass could still win this game despite being voted out twice. Seeing Cochran beat him would be the laugh that this season dearly needs but I'm starting to want to see him return and break the record held by Matt, Andrea and Burton: Get voted out a third time!

Cochran: I would have done the same thing at the merge IF I had promises from the people in danger on the other side. Cochran's error was that his promises came from Coach, Sophie and Albert, the three players that didn't need him after the vote.

Ils sont fous, ces Romains!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

milkachulina 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-05-11, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail milkachulina Click to send private message to milkachulina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
1. Sophie - She has become one of my favorites on the island. She wins challenges, she's smart, and she generally knows what to say and when.

2. Albert - Albert should be thankful that he won the Immunity Challenge. I think he could have been in trouble otherwise. His "do nothing" work ethic on the island reminds me of JP Calderon. JP got the boot for it. Albert might as well. I will say this: Albert has a great face. Body, not so much. But, the face is very handsome. Though, he will probably look like some over-tweaked freak at the reunion. All that facial masculinity will go up in smoke by the time the make-up crew rehauls him. Sounds like I have a crush on Albert, huh? I do!!!

3. Coach - I do not want to see this man win this game. He does not deserve it. He is mentally unstable. He is quite delusional. He is Coach.

4. Rick - I don't get this guy, because I don't know who he is. I don't dislike him. It's just the first time I have seen someone make Top 6 and I have no idea who they are.

5. Brandon - Why did I get the feeling he wanted to come out of the closet at Tribal Council, or confess to taking part in the killing of Natalie Holloway? What demon has him in shackles? It's something big. I hope he breaks down and gives us a confession soon. Then I'll feel sorry for him and start to like him.

6. Edna - I hate her with a passion so strong it could convince Carl Rove to support every local, state, and national Democratic candidate in the 2012 elections.

Banished to Redemption Island:

Cochran - As much as I dislike Ozzy, I do not want to see Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer win at Redemption Island. I want him to sit on Tribal Council surrounded by the people who want to see him dead. He has earned this distinct honor.

Ozzy - Ozzy's star has faded like Whitney Houston after a crack-cocaine blitz. You are no longer every woman, Ozzy.

O-U-T, out:

Dawn - Bye.

Whitney - Bye y'all.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-05-11, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
Here are my rankings:

1. Coach -- right now this is his game to win. But you can't be loyal to everyone and maintain integrity.

2. Sophie -- the one with the best chance of beating Coach -- if she makes it to the Final 3, that is.

3. Edna -- still one of my favorites but she really should've done more to shore up her position earlier.

4. Rick -- pretty boring but at least he had a role in this episode, and I like him more than the others who are left.

5. Brandon -- another melt-down from you. It's only a matter of time before you go.

6. Albert -- that was pretty malicious, what you did to Edna. And you're becoming lazy. Not a good thing for you.

On Redemption Island --

Cochran -- you made a move to better your position, but it backfired. And now you're up against Ozzy. You're toast.

Ozzy -- Redemption Island is made for you! But what'll happen if you return to the game itself?

On the jury --

Dawn -- you probably should've jumped ship with Cochran. But you didn't, and now you paid the price.

Whitney -- at least you got to see your new boyfriend on the jury. You must be happy with that.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-11, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
Sad to see Cochran go, he had so much potential. Ah well.

01. Sophie. Head in the game but needs to come out from under the radar a bit more to be seen as a player by the Savaii jurists. Some see her as a cold fish, I disagree; I see her as calm and rational, a player who does understand the game.

02. Coach. It is his game to lose at this point, there are three big stumbling blocks he has to get past and they are named Ozzy, Coach and Coach. If Ozzy gets back in the game and makes Final there are five Savaii votes on the jury, at least one has to break ranks for anyone else to win. Coach himself could lose control of Te Tuna, and the closer they get to Final the more dangerous his choices become. And finally there is Coach himself, a BS artist, and if he stands at Final trying to BS the jury he could well blow it big time.

03. Edna. And she's back playing hard in the game to secure her position, possibly improve it! She should have been keeping her options open all along as she has long known she was at the bottom of the totem pole, per Brandon, and now is in the Cochran position of just trying to survive each time to improve her chances. Still, at least she is playing.

04. Albert. Well, I decided to break up Albert and Sophie on the list; for one reason their games are drifting apart, and for another he's making some major mistakes. For a guy who put a lot of emphasis on challenges, strategy, and a social game, I don't know why he thinks he's doing well in this game. He hasn't been stellar at challenges, has won only one II. His strategy ploys have all gone nowhere. And his social game is mainly just talk. Actions speak louder than words, and the Prince Albert stuff should have been a wake-up call.

05. Rick. If he has been playing the game we really haven't seen much of it.

06. Brandon. Tool.

Redemption Island

Cochran. Made his big move at the merge and did keep his options open afterwards, just found there wasn't much of anywhere for him to go after drinking the kool-aid. Reverted to playing the same sympathy kid game he worked in Savaii, so much for how well he would do in the individual game.

Ozzy. Well, he's still there, getting to repeat himself at RI twice an episode, good for him.

Good-bye, Dawn and Whitney. Maybe they can get together and bake Cochran a cake for his half-birthday.

12-05-11, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
RE. Sophie the cold fish: Look back at all her confessionals. Did she ever have something positive to say? Her negativity is through the roof. She is starting to remind me of Corinne, the one that hated everyone.

(Too bad she isn't as loud as Corinne. It would be entertaining at least.)

12-05-11, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "

In all fairness, Ozzy was only voted out the first time per his own strategy. It isn't like he was voted out twice already because of his own poor play.

>

12-06-11, 08:34 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
But that strategy itself was called stupid. It would have been much better to send Cochran to RI and play it straight.

12-06-11, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
I disagree, I do not see in Sophie someone who is a either a cold fish or a negative one (unless you are simply tallying adverbs). I see, rather, someone who has done a very good job of finding her Inner Spock in order to play a logical analytical game of Survivor. She isn't unemotionally Vulcan about it, she is quite emotional if contrasted to a Vulcan, quite human. But at the same time she isn't a cranky tempermental fire-spitting over-the-top drama queen. Very well-centered.

12-06-11, 09:41 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
This is a complete list of all the confessionals Sophie had during the season. In my opinion, it shows someone that mostly has negative things to say about others and most of it is straight narration.

Sophie: “I’m a Russian economics major, Coach… he’s ready to show off what he has but at the same time you cannot deny the situation: Coach has been out here twice before, he knows some things.”
“I think I have a really great advantage right now because I have this really strong alliance where I think that at least a couple of people there are really, really sincere. Brandon, I am a little more worried about because I have this gut feeling that he is hiding something.”

“For some reason or other, Brandon wants to vote out Mikayla. I don’t know what his deal is, Maybe Brandon is threatened by Mikayla because she is a strong woman. If that’s the case, it worries me because I think I am quite strong as well.”

“Oh! My God! I was in so much shock. We didn’t say anything after that. He is such a loose canon. There is a lot of tension between Brandon and Mikayla. I think that, in Biblical terms, he would call her the whore of Babylone. I think Brandon, right now, is really torn between following whatever crazy religious beliefs that he has and yet, at the same time, inherentaly, in his blood lines, he is a devious jerk.”

“I thought I had a five strong plus Edna alliance going but it seems like we will have to do some reshuffling. Only because our alliance is based on trust and just because you are in it doesn’t mean we are always going to trust you. We’ll trust you until you do something wrong and now, it seems that Brandon is only a small, small Russell Hantz.”

“At the duel, Christine was really pissed off so, no matter what she says, if she comes back into the game she isn’t going to be with us…I think Christine would be the worst person to come back from Redemption Island.”
“Brandon actually wants Edna to leave. He likes Mikayla better now. He’s changed his mind. She’s no longer the whore of the tribe now…but he’s still going to vote her out. I don’t get it. He’s nuts, absolutely nuts.”

"You know that whole prayer thing… as long as I’m not the one speaking the prayer. I find Coach to be a little more questionable when he is the one saying God, help us find the idol when he already has the idol in his pocket. It gives me a bit of an ickey feeling.”

“You can never count on someone flipping over, you can never know for sure. That being said, I think I feel as confident about Cochran flipping over because Cochran thinks that if he switches and comes back to camp, he’s going to get beat up which is a legitimate thing … to be afraid of.”

“Albert, he is getting nervous. He’s thinking a lot right now of switching up the game and I think those are important things to think about in general Survivor strategy but I’d like to stay rigid with the plan. I’d rather get rid of Jim.”

“Albert is starting to show his true colors more and more which, maybe are similar to my true colors in that I am strategic and I want to win the game and this is our one shot to make the big move because you have two free votes hanging around. Albert is trying to take control of this game and I am the swing vote. So, now I am debating to stick with Coach or go with Albert’s crazy plan. At the end of the day, it is a question of what will take me to then end.”

“I always felt that his personality is something that Cochran has going for him out here. When I first came here, I felt bad for Cochran, seemed like people bullied him but I can see now why people got annoyed with him. I get frustrated by the kind of air that he puts on. I think he is really proud of the move he made, I think he still thinks that somebody will take him to the end. I don’t like him.”
“Cochran said: “A lot of you feel indebted to me”. I don’t feel indebted to you. Screw you. He made an awful move, he should have stuck to his tribe.”

/end.

I'll let you make up your mind if this doesn't warrant the cold fish label.

12-07-11, 02:08 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
First of all, appreciate all the work in compiling all this. Thank you.

But no, I do not get a cold fish from this. I get someone maintaining an analytical approach to things, assessing things (fairly accurately) as they happen, assessing the other players (per their actions) in the game, keeping her head in the game, keeping her eye on the prize. And also showing her emotions somewhat. But not in a drama queen NaOnka gonzo over the top Russtroll disparage everyone turdish way, she has control of herself.

Thank goodness. The editors may hate her because she keeps so even-keeled; that's their stupidity, their addiction, not mine.

12-07-11, 08:31 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
Even Edna has been given more character development than your gamebot.

12-08-11, 02:34 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
Gamebot? LOL! It is the words we elect to use. Not that I expect an answer, but would your last name be Hantz?

12-08-11, 08:28 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
Gamebot, Automaton, etc... Look around, I am not the only one saying it.

12-09-11, 01:54 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
>Look around, I
>am not the only one
>saying it.

Maybe, but you're the only one who seems to want to argue with people about their own opinions.

12-09-11, 08:23 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
It takes two to tango.

And, if we don't argue about opinions, we may as well close this whole place.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-11, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
I'm in the same boat as you are, dabo. I see Sophie as the one with the most consistent edit in the game throughout. Everyone else has been up and down or been ignored in the game, but Sophie has done a good job of assessing others in the game and keeping her head in the game. She's been spot on with her assessments - you (michel) say she's a cold fish but how is it a cold fish if she's accurate with what she's observing? Rob also had many moments where he put down others in his tribe, but he won.

Michel, once you get a certain idea, you don't let go of it even when it becomes apparent that you'll be wrong, such as with Cochran or with Erinn in Tocantins, for example. Sophie IMHO has a better edit than Erinn did. If Sophie wins this season, it's an outcome I can easily envision - if Albert or Rick or Brandon wins, I can't see it at all. Coach is the only other one who has a chance of winning this season (not going to count Ozzy here) and his edit has been all over the place - you want to talk about Sophie being a cold fish for her comments about others, you got to say the same thing about Coach as well for his condescending talk toward others, especially the likes of Edna.

12-08-11, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-11 AT 05:23 PM (EST)

Well, Michel did let go of his idea that Cochran will win eventually, but I think only the recap convinced him to let it go. Otherwise you're right, PepeLePew13 -- Michel does seem to have a blind spot where Sophie is concerned. He is convinced that she's not worthy of the win; so he won't let go of the idea even when I try to point out possible flaws in his theory (such as the idea that Sophie might be a cold fish, which I don't really believe).

12-08-11, 07:32 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
"He is convinced that she's not worthy of the win"

Tell me one thing that she did to deserve it!!!!!! Build an alliance? No, she was just randomly part of that discussion. Help her team win challenges? No. Provide for her tribe? No. Outwit Cochran to flip at the merge? No. She has done nothing, absolutely nothing but ride the Upolu family van to the end.

There have been coat-tail riders winning before and I don't have a problem with that but all of them, without exception, had to do something to get to the end. Most were in danger at one point. Sophie never was. Most flipped a vote to their advantage. Sophie never has. Most made bonds with people that helped protect them. Sophie never did.

12-09-11, 02:54 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
Who has she pissed off?

12-09-11, 08:27 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not hard when you do nothing. Lydia didn't ##### anyone off either.

Try to imagine a question the jury could ask her beyond who are you?
If they do ask her what she did to deserve the money, what could she possibly answer?

Here's a million dollars for doing nothing. I don't think so.

12-10-11, 02:09 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill

What can I say, I enjoy watching somebody play Survivor keeping a clear head, not being controlled by her emotions (despite giving vent to them at times). You, by contrast, seem offended somehow. Or disgusted maybe. Or insulted.

I can well understand why reality show editors hate her: It's just so anti-gonzo of her, doesn't she realize it is reality TV and she was supposed to be a diva! Someone from the casting department may well be called on the carpet over this, explaining "But her dad was her designated loved one, how could we pass up having a Thurston on the island!"

Anyway, I don't think it was an accident she was on the beach to join the stargazer alliance, otherwise Upolu would have broken down into gender-based alliances.

12-10-11, 03:27 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-11 AT 03:34 AM (EST)

"Each of us
A cell of awareness
Imperfect and incomplete..."

That is my favorite Rush song so we can't be enemies!

Look, you really don't understand my point of view. I have enjoyed the stories of many "anti-gonzo" characters (whatever that means) that kept their head in the game like Tina, Ethan, Vecepia, Helen, Leann, Danni, Aras, Earl, Natalie W., Alina because everyone one of them still had a story and none were divas.

Since Sophie doesn't have a story, I have to conclude that she won't be relevant in the end game. I'd hate to see her win because she has done nothing to earn it. If she does win, that's what will disgust me. Not her personally; the editing choices that didn't show her story.

If Sophie hadn't been on the beach on day 1, Edna would still be there at F5.

12-11-11, 00:48 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "

Have no fear, michel. Sophie is not winning.

>

12-11-11, 01:18 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
I wish I was as confident as you. I don't think Rick, Edna and Brandon are winning. Albert neither, especially after the Princess Albert story last week. That leaves Ozzy, Coach and Sophie.

I would simply hate to see Ozzy win because I've seen Outcasts win in two foreign seasons of Survivor and it simply stinks. He was voted out and "fire is life" should mean something.

Coach's win is not a sure thing because he has been shown having many ups and downs. For example: Would the editors have shown the "even my parents call me Coach" scene if he was the winner? Maybe but it's a weird choice. And look at the jury when he talks at TC. Jim, Dawn and Keith are always frowning.

A characteristic of a winner's edit is consistency and, even if her story is practically non-existent, Sophie has consistently been shown.

12-11-11, 02:45 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-11 AT 02:52 AM (EST)

Of course we aren't enemies, this is all in the spirit of fun. And that is a great song. Point being: when decisions are being made that decisions are being made, deciding things and doing nothing are not the same thing. One is being in the game, however well or poor, and the other is simply not being in the game at all

If Sophie hadn't been on the beach on day 1, Edna would still be there at F5.

Probably, because Coach would have brought Edna in and then she would have been told by Brandon she was just being tolerated as a number 5 instead of a number 6, because Brandon is a turd.

But Sophie was there, she put herself there, and I think that was probably an intentional move on her part. Not to exclude Edna or Mikayla, but that she probably wanted to prevent Upolu turning internally into Amazons v Warriors.

Not that I can prove any of that, but it just as much assumption to think she just happened to luck into being in the stargazer alliance. There's a lot of game they just can't show us. For all we know Rick tried to be in the game but we've seen none of it.

12-11-11, 01:35 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
Well, according to the edit, it was a random conversation. Jeff said it so that is what we have to go by. See, I am not talking about real-life Sophie but the Sophie fabricated by the editors. That Sophie hasn't done (or decided) a single thing.

By the way, I thought of you when I read this post by Fat Little Fingers, a smart poster over at Sucks who also had seen Sophie as a cold fish:

Saint Sophia of Rome (died ca. 304) is venerated as a Christian martyr. According to tradition, she was a young woman of Rome who was killed for her faith during the reign of Diocletian. She was buried in the cemetery of Gordianus and Epimachus.

...She was invoked against frosts that occurred late in the year; thus she was called kalte Sophie 'cold Sophia' in Germany by those who invoked her aid in planting arable crops. She is thus considered to be one of the "Ice Saints". In Poland and the Czech Republic, the Ice Saints are St. Pancras, St. Servatus and St. Boniface of Tarsus (i.e, May 12 to May 14). To the Poles, the trio are known collectively as zimni ogrodnicy (cold gardeners), and are followed by zimna Zośka (cold Sophia) on the feast day of St. Sophia which falls on May 15. In Czech, the three saints are collectively referred to as "ledoví muži" (ice-men or icy men), and Sophia is known as "Žofie, ledová žena" (Sophia, the ice-woman).
Folklore states that there is a risk of frost round these ice saints days and the risk will be until Cold Sophie 15th May.

http://survivorsucks.com/topic/89453/Cold-Sophie-the-Ice-Saint

I wonder if her edit was influenced by any of this! If so, we have to consider she died as a martyr!!

12-08-11, 07:22 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
Erinn had much more character development than Sophie. Watch Tocantins again and it starts with her asking what she has herself gotten into. Then she becomes Coach's punching bag but outlasts him. Story-wise, that's as if Mikayla had made it to F5 like Erinn did. She also had a nice tie-in with Joe at the merge and then she got close to Stephen.

Compared to that, Sophie talks only to Albert, no one else except for that brief scene with Cochran at the merge. Even when Edna came over to plead her case, Sophie was busy suntanning, letting Albert do the talking.

I messed up Tocantins because I was sure that Coach would be wrong, that a warrior wouldn't win. In effect, it wasn't Erinn's edit that fooled me but Coach's and it could very well be that he fooled me again. I simply can't take the guy seriously. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Sophie has only given us narration. She never talks about herself and no one talks about her. She has so little presence that she could easily have been a voice off screen the whole season.

12-06-11, 11:57 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
I think Sophie's being a "cold fish" (and a negative one, at that,) is in part a matter of one's own point of view. She's definitely trying to play the game logically and unemotionally, but might be seen as going too far by some people (i.e., you.) That said, she is starting to get a bit cranky. No surprise there -- even logical people start to get cranky after that much time on Survivor. But she doesn't remind me of Corinne, and I hope she never does.

12-06-11, 08:28 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "

I am punching Corinne in the face right now.

Dabo, you used the words "Vulcan" and "Spock" three times in the same post. Consider yourself banned.

Hahaha....

>

12-07-11, 00:56 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Survivor- S23 - Love/Hate List - Ep.12- "
Saavik!

12-09-11, 02:07 AM (EST)
22. "Tallies"
1. Coach -- 8: 1.6
2. Sophie -- 9: 1.8
3. Albert -- 19: 3.8
3. Edna -- 19: 3.8
5. Brandon -- 25: 5
5. Rick -- 25: 5

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •