The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-14-10, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9"

Alright. I think we waited long enough here. Once again we got the most obvious boot, but I give the editing props for trying to convince us that the obvious wouldn't happen.

1. Fabio - Interesting. Says he is just "acting" stupid. Except his confessionals are no study in intellectualism either. Entertaining at least.

2. Brenda - Had an alliance fall into her lap. Had a majority post switch fall into her lap. Frankly, hasn't had to do much beyond smiling her pretty smile. Strategically she is being out played by Sash, but socially, she has the best game. She also gets limited props for winning the memory challenge. Easy challenge, frankly. Every image started with a different letter. SMAWMS, MSCADMW. Ah, next puzzle please.

3. Sash - Brenda didn't care who he chose to vote for. He has the strategic control. However, I still don't see a winning edit for him.

4. Jane - Much more sympathetic character this time around. Actually looked like she thought she might be going home. In many ways, this was her worst episode even while finally triumphing over Marty. She struggled in the challenges right after saying she should take Marty behind the wood shed. She also was targeted with most agreeing with Marty that she is a threat.

5. Holly - Tries hard in the challenges and is in a nice spot socially.

6. Chase - Come on, momma's boy. Grab your nuts. Obviously, he didn't want to eat since the brick wall should have been a sure sign that the men were going to win. I don't want to hear how these people are starving. He chose to suck up to the women rather than eat. Better to go eat and listen to Marty's plans than to sit and talk behind his back with the women. Reminded me again of Rob C, who at least had virginity as an excuse.

7. Kelly P- Somehow better than the others.

8. Benry - Likely next target.

9. Dan - zzzzzzzzzz....

10. NayByotch - Eff this, eff that, eff you. What great tele she is. Or not.

pimp walkin-

Marty - Haha... was really edited in a bad light this last episode. No doubt that he was cast as the dark side and Jane as the light. Loved the send off of Jane and loved the antagonizing of Nay with the pimp walk at TC. Guy was entertaining, but he destroyed his own game. Will the season be worth watching without him is the question.

>

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9 garyc 11-14-10 1
 RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9 michel 11-14-10 2
 RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9 Belle Book 11-14-10 3
 RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9 milkachulina 11-15-10 4
   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9 iltarion 11-15-10 5
       RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9 PsychoKitty 11-15-10 6
 RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9 Toban 11-16-10 7
   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9 beanhead 11-16-10 8
       RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9 dabo 11-16-10 9
       RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9 Toban 11-17-10 11
 RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9 Brownroach 11-16-10 10
 RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9 dabo 11-17-10 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-14-10, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9"
Fabio: Could turn out he's much smarter than appeared early in season. Marty seemed to think so per his exit interview.

Brenda: Still seems to have best social game, though may be acting a bit too much the queen bee.

Sash: See him as blindside target somewhere in near future if other players are smart.

Benry: Was at least trying to shake things up along with Fabio though target should probably have been one of B/S/N/PK group.

Holly: Might be in a good position, but likely has to ally with Benry & Fabio to capitalize on it. Assuming she can bring along Jane, Dan, and perhaps Chase.

Jane: Think Marty's campaigning against her really rattled her which helped explain callous comments when casting her vote against him. Still needs to be part of push to upend Brenda/Sash alliance as doubtful they'll let her near final TC.

Purple Kelly: Reminds me a bit of the guy several seasons back (Samoa?) who you hardly knew was there until he ran off a number of IC wins late in the game? She's had two moments: crying after the last RC loss and her we have to milk or own milk (suppose that is gramatically correct?) that show she is in fact participating.

Dan: Do think he is mentally into game. Otherwise even less visible than Purple Kelly.

Chase: Appears overmatched by game as seems unable to think for himself. Not a good sign.

Na-onka: Is her entire strategy to get to final TC by relying on expectation of having alliance with numbers advantage and outrageous behavior to provide incentive for Sash and/or Brenda to take her to final TC?

Marty: Don't think he's as good a game player as he sees himself, but does follow that being on a tribe that couldn't compete combined with aggressive play gave him little chance of getting near finish. Hope they never do an old vs. young matchup again.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-14-10, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9"
1- Fabio: He's playing dumb but he is sharp. He shows it is very easy to do and, by not ticking anyone off, not only does he avoid taking charge but he also cultivates jury votes. Fabio being cool looks like the best strategy.
(BTW, another example that you are not necessarily who you appear to be!)

2- Chase: He started out the season by telling us he would have loved to have Coach Jimmy on his tribe. Chase needed counseling and he found it in Holly who is also a Coach and who learned from Jimmy. Chase is smart because he did see right through Marty's lie. All the votes that Marty said could go to Jane, could also go to Chase and he has the women praising his character. Nice place to be if he can get rid of Brenda.

(BTW, his display of paranoia and weakness are very effective ploys used by many gamers in on-line game. When your ally is feeling insecure, you have to give him more info than you wanted and he forces you to make the decisions, exposing yourself. Of course, you can overdo it as Rafe showed to Jamie! But Rafe was an on-line gamer.)

3- Holly: She now looks very solid; She was the one that comforted Kelly and counseled Chase.

4- Jane: She won her battle against Marty but where does that leave her story?

5- Brenda: She made one of the stupidest moves ever by brushing off Chase. All he needed were a few words of comfort, a smile and a pat on the shoulder. Instead she cleaned her toe nails!?? This strategic player must have been affected by the conditions to have lost focus this much.

(BTW, "Brenda didn't care who he chose to vote for. He has the strategic control" is wrong in theory and in practice.
In practice, we saw that they chose to eliminate Marty, the one Sash wanted to keep => That conversation was cut for suspense.
In theory, letting your ally decide is a good way to deflect pressure. All you have to do is cut him loose at one point. The easiest ones to blindside are those that trust you.

6- Sash: Speaking of lost focus, Sash went from leading an alliance to putting himself (and Brenda) in Dolly's position. Leaders do not straggle alliances, they lead one side and pagong the other. Now, since Dan and Holly are on speaking terms and so are Chase, Fabio and Benry, the two factions could come together and get rid of those who think are leading the camp.

7- Kelly : She must have turned down Jeff's romantic advances to get such a crappy edit. She seems nice even if she is dumb and she has always participated in the strategy discussions so she must have something to say.

8- Dan: He is funny but we don't get to see it often. He is having a pretty good ride.

9-Benry: They often use insignificant characters to make commercial type interviews. Benry's endorsement of the zip-line could have been paid by the Nicaraguan tourist ministry.

10-Na'Onka: Seeing her embarrassing herself was funny for a minute or so but when it ran to over 5 minutes, you knew that this meant there was not much else to show. How about showing the return from reward? That has often been funny when someone raves about the great food. We've had nothing like that this season.

Booted - Marty: His main strategic flaw was that he always made it clear who were his enemies. It sure looked like Burnett was trying to help this guy so I'm glad he's gone before we had a new Hantz.

Ils sont fous, ces Romains!

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-14-10, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9"
Considering how much nobody likes Na'Onka (including me), I think that once I do my Survivor Nicaragua: What If? game (hint, hint), I think we all know who we'll vote out once she reaches her first Tribal Council.

milkachulina 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-15-10, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail milkachulina Click to send private message to milkachulina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9"

1) Naonka – Never in the history of Survivor have a I heard so many negative comments about a single player. From the CBS website to other random message boards, the complaints against Naonka are clear and notably consistent. Without a doubt, the general dislike of Naonka is rooted much deeper than normal character flaws. Nonetheless, I find Naonka to be the most entertaining competitor in this very lackluster season of Survivor. She has excellent game play and game alliances (no hated Survivor contestant has gone to Tribal Council as many times as Naonka and not received votes). Even if she gets voted out soon, Naonka will still be entertaining as a member of the jury. I look forward to her next round of antics. Let the chips fall where they may.

2) Jane – Calamity Jane becomes a bigger favorite of mine after each episode. She’s a smart player, despite her weak performance in the last Reward Challenge, and I consider her to be one of the strongest female competitors this season. Her personality is enduring and magnetic. It’s also wonderful that a woman her age is still in it to win it. Quite impressive, that Jane.

3) Sash – Good game play. But, he really needs to put a shirt on. Some people have bodies that were made to be covered up at all times.

4) Brenda – She appears to be Queen B (for Brenda) at this point. Though, her arrogance is annoying to me. I am hoping for her to get the ultimate blindside. I do like her. It’s just that she’s cocky, and I don’t like that.

5) Chase – Such great eye candy. And, that’s pretty much it. I am disappointed that he isn’t as buff as he was when the season started. I know that he can’t work out on the island, but something’s still a little off. He has lost more weight at this point than he should have. He still looks great, regardless. Chase seems to be the perfect example of how to shred the image of a once masculine male. He took a beating last episode. So long, Alpha Male status. I am scared to death about seeing him during the live final tribal council when the next winner is announced. Why? Because I am often disappointed at how feminine some of the men look during the live final with their newly arched eyebrows, glam hairstyles, and beyond metrosexual attire (think JT). Chase will probably just wear a dress. Oh well. He was hot once.

6) Holly – She really doesn’t do anything. She seems like a band parent. Nice enough, but not really interesting. But, I would buy raffle tickets from her to help support the band in its effort to march in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade.

7) Kelly P – Whatever.

8) Benry – I hate that you are now on the wrong side of the alliance. Why and how did you let Marty corrupt you?

9) Fabio – Do you REALLY think you can convince me that the stupidity is an act? Puhleeze. And get a haircut.

10) Dan – Talk about a worthless piece of guy. Why is he here? Go home. I hate that he gets a vote on the jury. He should have been out ages ago. And, for all the talk about Jane being able to win it all…here’s your guy right here. No one dislikes him (except for me, and I don’t get a vote), and he is very, very, very non-threatening. He could win! But, I still think he is worthless.

Marty – I did a little dance when this arrogant, worrisome, idiotic, semblance of a man was voted off. Good-bye. Good-bye. Good-bye.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-15-10, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-10 AT 01:42 AM (EST)

I invite you to go back and view some of the comments about Russell, Lisi, Randy, etc. etc... Nay is not catching any negativity that hasn't been seen on these boards 1000 times over. Yet, none of those highly unpopular players bullied a disabled person, stole food, hated people because of their hair, or used the eff word in TC like they were auditioning for Hell's Kitchen. These things will draw vitriol down upon you every time, no matter who you are.

Sundra is perhaps my favorite female Survivor of all time, but she deserves that high regard. Similarly, Nay deserves what she is getting too.

>

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-15-10, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9"
Na'Onka is a toxic waste dump. And I guess the ultimate "goat!"

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Toban 110 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-10, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Toban Click to send private message to Toban Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9"
1. Fabio: I never disliked him but he's grown on me every episode while some of the others have dropped.

2. Holly: Her recent behaviour has almost made me forget the crazy Holly of episode 2 or 3. She seems really solid and her head is in the game.

3. Brenda: I still like her style but the whole dismissal of Chase was a bit off-putting.

4. Sash: He seems to be playing a great social game and no one has mentioned him yet as a boot option.

5. Chase: I'm glad he chose to stay with the women. Plus he's hot.

6. Purple Kelly: Totally UTR and appears to be simple but she's in a good position to go far. (As an aside, no one seems to mention her at all in their post-game interviews. She must be as irrelevant in the actual game as the editors apparently believe.)

7. Dan: useless but inoffensive

8. NaOnka: Yes, I think she's obnoxious and vulgar etc. but she's at least strategizing and is in a decent spot to make it to the finals (but not win). She entertains me far more than RussHole did on the last two seasons.

9. Benry: He's a tool without any discernible strategy. I actually think it's him who is the idiot and not Fabio.

10. Jane: Dumba$$ hillbilly with a mean streak. Voting comments about Marty were rude and totally unnecessary.

The Boot:

Marty: Despite his arrogance, I liked him and was rooting for him to triumph over Jane.

beanhead 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-16-10, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beanhead Click to send private message to beanhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9"
Hi. I've been reading on this site for awhile and finally decided to start throwing in my 2 cents.

Based solely on my opinions,

1. Fabio. The guy is entertaining and is playing the kind of game I'd like to think that I would play if I ever went out there (which I never would).

2. Jane. I like how I can't really make my mind up about her. Is she a scrappy old lady I'm supposed to like?? Or is she kind of evil?? Is she going to find someone else to mount a crusade against or ride it out now that Marty is gone?

3. Nay. If I think of her more as a cartoon character and less as a real person she totally cracks me up. I can't help it. CBS wants her to entertain me and I'm letting her.

4. Chase. He reminds me of Colby, and that can't be a bad thing. It was silly to pick the women, though.

5. Holly/Dan. They are kinda the same to me. Both are inoffensive. They must be easy people to get along with or there's no way either would still be in the game.

6. Brenda/Sash. I have never been on this bandwagon. I feel they've made the game harder on themselves than necessary. Both are smart and could easily have run to the end with one solid alliance. If they are to get to the end they will have to keep flipping, which will probably not please the jury.

7. Benry. He hasn't been a big part of the season, and I get the feeling that he's a mean person in general. At least be entertaining if you're going to be mean.

Booted: Marty, I will miss you, but I have a feeling this won't be the last time we see you on Survivor.

Am I forgetting someone? Nope, don't think so.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-10, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9"
Welcome aboard! Great list! Yeah, Nay is a cartoon, that's a good way to look at it.

Toban 110 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-10, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Toban Click to send private message to Toban Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9"
How could you forget Purple Kelly? She's made such an impression, eh?

Brownroach 14241 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-10, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9"
Easy challenge, frankly. Every image started with a different letter. SMAWMS, MSCADMW. Ah, next puzzle please.

I said the same thing when I was doing the East Coast Spoiler Thread -- make an acronym out of the symbols. Even if it hadn't occurred to me to do it in the first round, I'm pretty sure it would have by the second round. Marty was trying to remember all the words in order, which is more difficult.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-10, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep9"
Never got around to sitting down and thinking about it this week, so here goes just a quicky rorschach list...

1. Jud

2. Jane

3. Holly

4. Benry (hey, he's in on the dumb act? dude!)

5. Brenda

6. Sash

7. Chase

8. Dan

9. NaOnka

10. Kelly

Bye-bye Marty. He was a player, had he somehow made it to final he would have deserved the win.

And a graphic from the vault just for the fun of it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •