The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sugar Love"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-15-10, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sugar Love"
There are a lot of people who don't like Sugar because she cries too much. I say, "Who cares?" Lots of people cry all over the place on these reality shows. As long as the person plays the game, they can cry all they want.

When she made it to the target sans top then turned and gave the two-handed salute to Sandra, I thought that was awesome. At least she got a point for her team.

Plus, she made it to the final three in her original season, partly based on misleading other players - you know, "outwit". So who's saying she's weak?

Plus, she's a freakin' pin-up girl!!!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sugar Love iltarion 02-15-10 1
 RE: Sugar Love tribephyl 02-16-10 2
   RE: Sugar Love garcor 02-16-10 3
   RE: Sugar Love Spanky68 02-16-10 4
       RE: Sugar Love LFJ 02-16-10 5
           I thought this too! moonbaby 02-19-10 8
 Sugar Bashing michel 02-18-10 6
   RE: Sugar Bashing Wacko Jacko 02-19-10 7
 RE: Sugar Love Colonel Zoidberg 02-20-10 9
   RE: Sugar Love?? michel 02-20-10 10
       RE: Sugar Love?? Wacko Jacko 02-22-10 11
           RE: Sugar Love?? michel 02-22-10 12
               RE: Sugar Love?? Wacko Jacko 02-23-10 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-15-10, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sugar Love"

When I did my evaluation of the cast, I called Sugar "one of the most deserving women of recent seasons," so, I certainly didn't have a problem with her being here.

Crying is generally perceived as a sign of weakness, right or wrong. When you are grouped with a bunch of strangers, your actions in the first couple days can leave a strong impression. So, in short, crying on the 20th day, probably fine; crying on the 2nd or 3rd day, probably a bad idea.

>

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-16-10, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sugar Love"
I liked Sugar a lot, on her original season.
While she did show glimpses of her heroic character this season (her winning point in the RC, topless and refusing to be embarrassed because of Sandra unhooking her bra) her edit was mired down in some serious self-doubt and desperation for connection.

In real life? Sugar's tactics would certainly be worthy of the major brush off. Who wants clingy? Who desires desperation? And don't even get me started on talking during sleep time. Or stalking.
However, in light of the game I think dumping Sugar will be Colby's game-losing mistake.

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-16-10, 06:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sugar Love"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-10 AT 06:56 AM (EST)

Don't think she was valued too highly in her own season either; at least not early on. Forget who was voted out first from her tribe, but likely there was someone perceived as weaker than her on her tribe who went first. Instead she almost lived in her shack, which kept her out of most alliance building. Add that to her generally weak challenge performances and her crying, and don't think anybody saw her as a threat. And having an idol made the risk of taking her out not worth it.

I did enjoy her in her season and would prefer she had stayed longer instead of say, Candice or Rupert. Or Colby.

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-10, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sugar Love"
as I said in Bashers, I didn't like Sugar at first in her initial season. I've never seen her as hot like I would think a pinup model would be.

But she grew on me when she was sent to Exile Hut so often. And by the time she exited, I was soft toward her.

If I had been on Survivor as a 20something I would have likely taken a big brother role and stood up for Sugar. But if I were on Survivor today, I would have done just what Colby did: boot her. Like Tribe said, she was clingy and didn't let Colby (or others) sleep.

She can blame Colby for not understanding her. Or she can see that she picked the wrong male to lean on for comfort this time. And if her game was dependent on picking the right male targets to give her sympathy, then she has to be faulted for making that mistake.

I am not mad that she was here. I think she had game to get as far as she did the first time. But I am not sorry that her drama is gone now.

Agman resized my siggie

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-16-10, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Sugar Love"
Do you think the "clingy routine" was real or Showtime, to set herself up for the boot? Just asking. Because Sugar played a smart, insightful game the first time around (IMHO). She got a strong male to cover for her, then orchestrated his boot. And, as you say, she spent a lot of time lying around, eating fruit at the "Sugar Shack". Then, she went to the end. She helped Bob win it.

I wonder if she got out there, sized up the competition, and thought it would be better to leave early, as opposed to later. I thought she nearly skipped out of the TC. Her statement at the end was something like "It will feel great to get some clothes on" - no tears there.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-10, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "I thought this too!"
Seemed she was in no way upset to be the first boot. Vacation, yay!

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-10, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Sugar Bashing "
You wrote: "As long as the person plays the game'

There you go, you understand why I think they made a terrible mistake in casting her for this. She went in Gabon only to help her failing acting carreer and outwitted only for the drama value of the boot, not because it made game sense. That spoiled brat doesn't belong on Survivor, maybe Big Brother but not here.

And even in Gabon, what we saw was Asspartame, not real the real Sugar. People said she was annoying everyone, taking their stuff to use for herself and talking non-stop. The editors turned her into a sweetheart but it was all fake, more "sweet n' Low" than anything refined.

Good riddance, maybe this season we'll have a story that makes sense and a game that plays out with everyone trying to make their best move unlike that crappy season 18.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-19-10, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Sugar Bashing "
I myself am a little bummed because my favorite two females are the first two booted. Not liking the rank order of the Heroes tribe. I find both James and Ruppert annoying.

Not a fan of Cirie but she is one heck of a player. I think Tom's quote about getting rid of Cirie while they had the chance will become important. Cirie is a smart player who for some reason people are not threatened by her. She is a very logical first boot as she made it to the end each time she played by being very conning...yet she sucks at challenges and does little around camp.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-20-10, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Sugar Love"
Sugar from Gabon? I set out to hate her and ended up loving her.

Sugar from Heroes vs. Villains? I set out to love her and ended up disappointed in her. Maybe she wanted to be the first boot (she wouldn't be the first Survivor or Hamster wanting to go out early) but her game seemed desperate and weak. It smarts of a Pro Bowl quarterback deliberately throwing an interception on third-and-10 at his own 20 just to get out of the game, get sent to the showers, and go hit the clubs.

02-20-10, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Sugar Love??"
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-10 AT 08:14 PM (EST)

You guys all seem to forget that Sugar came very close to being the first voted out of Kota also. It isn't a coincidence. Had Paloma been just a little bit stronger or more convincing, Sugar was gone. She was always a terribly weak player that was tremendously helped by all the tribe shuffles in Gabon. Insider clips also told us she annoyed everyone in Gabon just like Colby said she did.

Editing, smoke and mirrors and a somewhat cute face, that was Sugar's whole schtick.

02-22-10, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Sugar Love??"
Did any of you watch the videos that each contestant posted on cbs.com? Sugar says in her video that her and JT were a couple (dating). She said that JT and herself were going to hide this alliance the best they could.

Oddly when watching the show nothing came across to indicate that Sugar and JT were dating. In fact Sugar was hitting on Colby and JT was more than happy to vote out Sugar. In fact the following episode Jt said Sugar being the first boot was a no brainer.

Oddly, also when Realitytvworld did their exit interview with Sugar she never mentioned that she was dating JT….but did seem to hide what she thought caused her to be voted out. Could it be that somewhere between the time Sugar did her video interview she and JT broke up? I do believe Sugar’s interview was shot on the island…but will have to watch it again. Maybe after breaking up Sugar was then playing the game to make JT jealous…….by hitting on Colby and basically talking too much? Either they broke up just before the game began or Sugar was delusional.

02-22-10, 11:00 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Sugar Love??"
I saw that video and it seemed to me that Sweet n' Low had the hots for JT, wanted to be with him, not that they were a couple. Maybe they hit it off one night at a survivor party but that JT didn't have the same definition of dating.

And, if her game was to make JT jealous than she's dumber than I thought.

02-23-10, 07:51 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Sugar Love??"
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-10 AT 03:00 PM (EST)

If that was the case, you think we'd see the two of them talking as they were on the same team....I am not sure they even spoke to each other. To me in Sugar's website she hints that there is a mystery reason as to why she got voted off....my guess is she blames JT. I really think the whole Colby thing was her idea to make JT jealous.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •