The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"After Further Review"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-14-09, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"After Further Review"
- Ben WAS the first castaway thrown out of a challenge.
I finally viewed the youtube link, provided by michel, of the rather infamous and lame challenge in Thailand where many allege the first castaways were thrown out of a challenge. In that challenge there were clear rules, most likely outlined by Jeff in more detail than shown on TV, that stated anyone causing contact while not being in the "challenge zone" would be removed from the game and one item obtained from their tribe would go over to the opposing tribe. Ken, Robb and the merry band of Sook Jaians to walk the plank after them do not exactly qualify as being "thrown out" since their dismissal was clearly defined in the rules presented to them beforehand. Rather their being knocked from the challenge was merely "part of the challenge" itself.
The incident with Ben however is a case where a contestant had to be forced from the game due to not a rules violation but blatant disregard of the welfare of other contestants. That would qualify as being "thrown out" of a challenge.
To present a good comparison, in the wonderful game of dodge ball, or its funner 80's -approved moniker- murder ball, it is part of the game that if you throw a ball at an opponent and said opponent catches that ball, you are out of the game, at least temporarily. That is not a case of being "thrown out;" it is merely within the rules. Now, if a kid were to be removed from the game for attempting to behead the opponent with every throw, THAT would qualify as being "thrown out." It is not the same thing. There you go.
Yes, I just spent 10 minutes of my life to write that. Thank you for your attention to this matter. P/0

>

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: After Further Review jbug 10-14-09 1
 RE: After Further Review michel 10-14-09 2
   RE: After Further Review iltarion 10-15-09 3
   RE: After Further Review Aruba 10-16-09 5
       RE: After Further Review iltarion 10-16-09 6
 RE: After Further Review Colonel Zoidberg 10-15-09 4
   RE: After Further Review...one more... krismiss2us 10-17-09 7
       RE: After Further Review...one more... Max Headroom 10-19-09 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-14-09, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: After Further Review"
and we appreciate it

& I agree too.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-09, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: After Further Review"
So, you're Jeff's lawyer now! I understand what you're saying and almost made the same post (thanks for the 10 minutes) but the question then becomes: Did Jeff had that interpretation in mind or did he forget Thailand? We blamed him for forgetting Thailand and that's still very possible.

Anyway, Jeff stopped the challenge before and warned everyone so, like Ken and Robbbb, Ben didn't follow clearly stated rules.

PS: You find the "Attack Zone" lame? That was Thailand's best one.

10-15-09, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: After Further Review"
The idea could have been a good one if they would have taken more time to set up the course. Set up a bigger course with at least 4 boats to grab from and at least two "attack zones" and it could have been a great challenge. Instead, the one zone basically meant you always had one person coming from the start and one person going to the end. Well, the person going to the end was always going to be screwed because the person at the start could merely go into the water with them and then start over, nothing lost. The person going to the end on the other hand lost their item. So, pretty much every challenge had the same predictable ending. I think Brian managed to pull Shi Ann into the water once when he was returning with an item. Otherwise, no one returning with an item ever won a challenge.

>

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-09, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: After Further Review"

>Anyway, Jeff stopped the challenge before and warned everyone so, like Ken and Robbbb, Ben didn't follow clearly stated rules.

Holy Smokes, Michel! We agree TWICE in the same WEEK!!!
HMMM, maybe our foxhole could be a congenial environment after all.

Yeah...Jeff stopped the contest to give everyone the lowdown on what will not be tolerated. Whether he did it before the challenge started or during the challenge...the timing is irrelevant. What IS relevant is the infractions occurred AFTER the Sook Jai violaters ALL were thrown out of that challenge. Jeff was guilty of what all of us would like to do...forget Thailand.

To expand on Iltarion's dodge ball comparison...when a player catches a ball no stoppage in the game occurs. A player is temporarily out of the game and the contest keeps going on. This is what happen when Brian tossed Shi Ann off the beam and preceeded to score for his team. Shi Ann was temporarily out of the game and there was no break in the action, hence Shi Ann was not thrown out of the that challenge. When Jeff had to stop the contest to punish the violators (and in the Thailand challenge remove an item from their boat and place in the opponent's boat) that qualifies as being "thrown out" of the challenge in my mind, i.e., Ben, Robb, Ken, and half of the Sook Jai tribe.

I agree with Iltarion's suggestion that having a second attack zone would have definitely enhanced the viewing pleasure of that challenge. The only drawback is it may have been tough for Jeff to referee BOTH attack zones. Whereas Robb's infraction with his entire body out of the zone while grabbing Clay's throat would have been spotted even with several attacks happening, a couple infractions occurred because a leg or body part was out of the zone. That infraction could have been missed with more than one attack going on.

Personally there could have been 10 attack zones and I still would have regarded that challenge as "lame" for one reason...Erin was selected to sit out.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Damn, it took me 12 minutes to come up with this. Iltarion beat me by 2 minutes!

10-16-09, 09:32 PM (EST)
6. "RE: After Further Review"
Great point, Aruba, about Erin. I also was saddened when at the beginning of the replay she was selected to sit out. That automatically made it a bummer challenge.
I have to disagree with everything else. The challenge was not interrupted when Ken, Robb, and the other scalawags were forced to take a seat. All the other players kept going without interruption. If Robb had been the first and only person to be thrown out "for getting a good shot in on the backwoods hick" then you would all have a case. But no. The Sook Joe's being forced to sit and Ben having to be thrown out for kicking someone in the ankle when their back was turned are too totally different situations.
I think instead of trying to play the "gotcha" game, everyone should just give JP some credit. Afterall, HE WAS THERE. hahaha... p/o

>

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-15-09, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: After Further Review"
OK, OK. Ben WAS the first castaway thrown out of a challenge that didn't have specific throw-out guidelines in place from the get-go. No one said he wasn't.

However, to say he was the first to get the Bobby Cox treatment when four Suck Jobs got it in Thailand is not exactly accurate. It's like recognizing a boxer as the first to be DQ'd for hitting a guy below the belt when a dozen others had been DQ'd for the same infraction just because it was the first time the ref forgot to say "I want a good, clean fight" beforehand.

krismiss2us 768 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-17-09, 02:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: After Further Review...one more question"
Do ya'll have every season on dvd at home or what? I don't remember any of what ya were talkin' about and i've watched every episode of every season. Of course, my #####-poor memory could explain why my honey always wins fights ;)

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-09, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: After Further Review...one more question"
That's what you get in the Survivor Fanatics Forum. If it makes you feel any better, I've watched every season of Survivor, and I don't remember the Thailand challenge either.

agman 2009

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •