The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episodes 1 and 2: Straight Man Rant"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-27-09, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episodes 1 and 2: Straight Man Rant"
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-09 AT 09:15 PM (EST)

Hey, I'm just voicing what every other straight guy is thinking so don't shoot the messenger, but why the HECK are the hottest women the first ones to go? It is a complete traveshamockery that I am forced to suffer through more episodes of fat guys in their boxers rather than getting to watch one of the hotter women to ever grace Survivor. MB needs to fix this problem or this show is headed to the dustbin of history.
I don't get the reasoning behind the Russ alliance-mates in voting for Marissa.

the Chihuahua: we need to get rid of Marissa
dumb a$$ alliance mate: why?
Chihuahua: She just confronted me about how she doesn't trust me, which then means I can't trust her.
dumb a$$ alliance mate: okay, that's good enough for me.

Whuh? How is the Chihuahua not being able to trust Marissa a reason to vote her out for anyone except him? Because you have a bunch of idiots who all want to play UTR. Marissa? okay, as long as it isn't me. Idiots. Mega-puke, Ben, was right about one thing- "candy-@sses." If the Chihuahua is saying someone should be voted out because they had the nerve to question him talking to everyone, then shouldn't about ten red flags fly up like Lex's mohawk?
And regarding Betsy's notorious older woman being the 2nd boot, how is an obvious sissy weasel like Ben "stronger" than Betsy? Apparently, Foo Foo thinks an arm-wrestling, bar managing, or being an insufferable prick challenge is next.
The shortfall of recent seasons has been too few likable people in the cast. Well, as Cuba Gooding once said, "this was another way to go."
Since it appears this season has been scripted, we'll see if it continues to follow the typical script:
1st boot: the bossy one, the religious fanatic, or the hot young woman
2nd boot: the matronly older woman
3rd boot: the young athletic guy that ends up on the wrong side of an alliance

>

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episodes 1 and 2: Straight Man ... more_cowbell 09-28-09 1
 RE: Episodes 1 and 2: Straight Man ... Aruba 09-29-09 2
   RE: Episodes 1 and 2: Straight Man ... michel 09-30-09 4
 RE: Episodes 1 and 2: Straight Man ... Max Headroom 09-30-09 3
 RE: Episodes 1 and 2: Straight Man ... iltarion 10-01-09 5
   RE: Episodes 1 and 2: Straight Man ... Aruba 10-01-09 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

more_cowbell 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-28-09, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail more_cowbell Click to send private message to more_cowbell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episodes 1 and 2: Straight Man Rant"
I hear ya, iltarion. As a straight female, I too am repelled by Ben's tighty goldies and Russell's saggy baggies (and still mourning the premature exits of Kel and Hunter, all these years later). I've taken to spraying Windex on the screen to create my own blurs, since the producers have fallen down on the job.

Unfortunately, Marisa's downfall was having a strong backbone and a mind of her own. Russell perceived her (accurately) as an immediate threat and moved to oust her. It was just a coincidence that she also happened to be hot. If she'd played along and pretended to be one of RussHell's dumbass Stepford sidekicks, it's possible that Ashley might have gone before her.

And yeah, the Betsy boot didn't make much sense either. Winning challenges isn't always about raw strength and speed. "Soft" skills are also important - puzzle-solving, observation, memorization, leadership, balance/agility, spatial awareness. Even in the physical strength challenges, some of the time women are matched up individually against women. So the question shouldn't be "how does Betsy stack up against the big Galu guys", it should be "how does Betsy stack up against the Galu women?" When comparing Betsy vs. Galu women, and Ben vs. Galu men, Betsy seems like she would have been the better choice.

BTW, I love the idea of an "insufferable prick" challenge. Contestants could decorate their biceps with fake barbed wire tattoos and compete to see who can spray themselves with the most layers of Axe before passing out. First prize: a truck with a decal of Calvin peeing on a jellyfish sting.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-09, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episodes 1 and 2: Straight Man Rant"
HEY, my pal Iltarion! Hope you had a great summer.

You definitely crossed my mind when editing inserted those "boobie blurs" during the RC in Ep. 1. I figure you were probably cursing your TV screen.

AHHH yes...eye candy eliminated before the viewers could get a "taste." Although in Marisa's case she has herself to blame.

Russell H. wants to take all the credit, but her spats with Ben certainly did not help her cause either. If there is anyone who is critical of UTR play it is I, but during the first three days into the game, discrection becomes the better part of valor and a smart play is to initially lay low. Marisa not doing that was her downfall.

She even admitted it at TC by referring to what she did as "dumb" and apologetically asked for a second chance. But castaways rarely give second chances; so she's outta here.

In Betsy's case you are dead on. Once again, Russell wants to take total credit, but make no mistake about it...Betsy gets voted out in a landslide because of her age.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-30-09, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episodes 1 and 2: Straight Man Rant"
"during the first three days into the game, discretion becomes the better part of valor and a smart play is to initially lay low"

You are certainly right. With no one wanting to go first, anything can be used as an excuse to boot someone.

On the other hand, so many cute women have been eliminated early for being weak or perceived as weak (Morgan, Brianna, Misty, S14 Jessica, Paloma, Carolina), better that she was voted out for being considered a threat. It's not much consolation but it's something.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-30-09, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episodes 1 and 2: Straight Man Rant"
Yes, Marisa rocked a bikini pretty well. But other than that, I thought she brought nothing. While horrible strategic gameplay sealed her fate, her personality was like fingernails on a chalkboard and I found her difficult to watch. Not difficult to look at, but difficult to watch in the gameplay sense.

Maybe she got a bad edit-- it's hard for the producers to give someone anything positive as the first boot. But I wasn't disappointed at all when she was the first one voted off.

agman's helping me survive

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-09, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episodes 1 and 2: Straight Man Rant"
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-09 AT 00:23 AM (EST)

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/photos/photos.php?v=36807&s=4&p=1

ALAS!!!!!

>

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-09, 07:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episodes 1 and 2: Straight Man Rant"
From one Straight Man to another...thanks for the link!!!

Now if she only kept that (mouth closed) pose for the first few days into the game we would be seeing more of her and not talking about her being the first boot.

Too bad

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •