The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have Been Among the Best Ever"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

vivor 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-27-08, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vivor Click to send private message to vivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have Been Among the Best Ever"
I mean goin back to when Dan got voted out from Kota as a shocker to Ace getting voted out after being betrayed by Sugar to Marcus getting dooped, to Charlie getting baboozled and to Randy getting tricked into using a fake idol, it's been among the best stretch of Tribal Councils in the history of Survivor.

I've never seen so much trickery in consecutive episodes like I've seen in this season.

I especially liked seeing Ace and Marcus getting tricked cause those 2 thought they had it all planned out. Marcus got way too cocky, thinking Crystal would just fall into his lap like a little lap-dog or something. Brilliance on the parts of Kenny, Crystal, Matty, and Sugar, and Susie as well.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have... iltarion 11-27-08 1
   RE: The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have... Aruba 11-28-08 5
 RE: The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have... suzzee 11-28-08 2
 RE: The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have... michel 11-28-08 3
   RE: The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have... garcor 11-28-08 4
       RE: The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have... Aruba 11-28-08 6
           RE: The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have... michel 11-28-08 7
               RE: The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have... Aruba 11-29-08 10
   RE: The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have... iltarion 11-29-08 8
       RE: The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have... michel 11-29-08 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-27-08, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have Been Among the Best Ever"
I disagree wholeheartedly.
You knew either Dan or Suzie were going home. Dan was the bigger challenge threat once merge arrived, so it was completely predictable that he would be the one sent home.
I do give Kenny some credit for getting in Sugar's head to force the Ace boot. I wouldn't call his lying "brilliance", but it was good game play. You knew Ace was going home once he didn't have the idol to play. The votes didn't need to be read. If Sugar wasn't going to vote for him, she would have given him the idol.
Suzie flipping to boot Marcus was completely predictable. Marcus was "way too cocky, thinking Crystal would just fall into his lap"? No, Crystal and Marcus both made a promise to each other to not write each other's name down. Crystal never planned on keeping her promise. Marcus was wrong to trust her. That's all. There is nothing brilliant about making a promise you never plan on keeping. Again, predictable boot.
Charlie's boot was the ultimate predictable boot. Once Corinne's confessional calling Sugar a moron was shown, you knew Sugar was going to vote against her. With Sugar shedding tears throughout the TC, you knew Charlie was gone.
Last episode didn't even make an attempt to be unpredictable. You knew Randy was going from the start. Randy was going anyway. There was no need to dupe him into taking the fake idol. It was merely Sugar being vindictive. No brilliance or surprised involved there either.

>

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-08, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have Been Among the Best Ever"
Yeah...I agree. It's been commonplace in your more recent seasons to let the viewers in on the blindsides which has been a disappointing concept IMHO. Yes I know it enhances the soap opera-ish storylines that CBS seems to be fixated on, but it does cheapen the TC from a fan involvement standpoint.

One TC that comes to mind is when Brian in Guatemala was blindsided. If there ever was a player who was a legend in his own mind it was Brian. Yes he was a student of the game but got schooled early on in the season. When one player in his tribe was dubbed "Golden Boy", he self-proclaimed himself as "Platinum". Players praised him during TC and Brian had a smile on his face wide enough to swallow his ears. Then when the votes were revealed booting Brian, not only he, but the viewers didn't see it coming either. Would like to see more TCs like that.

But my all-time favorite TC was during the Vanuatu season. For reasons I still haven't completely understood, the alliance of Ami, Leanne, Julie, Twila, and Scout decided to temporarily abort their plan to finish off Chris and target Eliza. Twila and Scout knowing they were 4th and 5th on the food chain were able to turn the tide on the quintessential male-basher Ami. As the first votes were read for Eliza, Ami gives a nod to Eliza as if to say, "AWWWW...sorry little girl. I say it's your time to go." Bu when the remaining votes indicated an apparent Leanne blindside, Eliza quickly returned the look to Ami as if to say, "OH YEAH?!" Priceless!

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-28-08, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have Been Among the Best Ever"
Go dig up Fans vs. Favorites from Micronesia. Mary, Joel, Ozzy, Jason, Alexis, and my favorite Erik. You can watch most of the episodes on:

http://www.fancast.com/tv/Survivor%3A-Micronesia---Fans-vs.-Favorites/96260/738506181/Survivor%3A-Fans-Vs-Favorites---Episode-14/videos?autoPlay=false

And welcome to the boards

Certifiable Guest at Tribe’s Lodge

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-28-08, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have Been Among the Best Ever"
Hello Vivor and welcome to the boards.

I agree that these Tribal councils have been entertaining and have kept us guessing. One just needs to look at the voting thread in spoilers to know how much we were tricked by the previews. Once we saw the first few minutes of the episodes however, some boots weren't really surprises as Iltarion said.

Like Suzzee pointed out, Micronesia delivered many fun Tribals. Even Fiji had its share of surprises after the merge.

I still consider that the best stretch of TCs came in Marquesas. From episode #3 to episode #8, we had some memorable votes. Hunter, Sarah, Gina, Rob and John leaving made very strong impressions on the viewers. The Gabe boot is underestimated because few in Survivor history had as much impact. It told Kathy and Neleh what to expect from their former allies.

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-28-08, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have Been Among the Best Ever"
Agree that none of these 5 tribal councils have been very surprising, except perhaps to the bootee. Ace might have been the closest to being a surprise as it involved one voter voting against her closest ally, and perhaps her own self-interest.

11-28-08, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have Been Among the Best Ever"
I wholeheartedly agree, gracor. Even with all the blindsides last season, I saw everyone coming and I'm sure most every viewer did too. Such is the case this season. I also agree that the Ace boot was the closest we had in a long while of the viewers being surprised, but when Sugar took the HII back that was pretty convincing to me that Ace was a goner.

11-28-08, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have Been Among the Best Ever"
I'm wondering how many boot choices you guys had BEFORE each episode started. You wouldn't be backing up into a prediction now, would you?

11-29-08, 06:57 AM (EST)
10. "RE: The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have Been Among the Best Ever"
With all due respect we're not talking about episodes; we're talking about Tribal Councils. If it weren't for challanges and TCs I wouldn't be watching a single minute of any Survivor episode. The point being made here is in recent seasons the TCs (although entertaining at times) have been anti-climatic from a viewer's shock factor standpoint.

In my opinion it just takes something away from the show when the castaways are walking to TC and the outcomes can be easily predicted during what should be the high point of the episode.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-08, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have Been Among the Best Ever"
The Gabe boot has never been underestimated by me. That boot ultimately spelled the end of the Rotu tribe, which up until that point, had been the strongest tribe ever on Survivor. It also is a landmark boot because it is one of the 1st examples of the oft-violated rule of Survivor- Don't play a post-merge game pre-merge. Of course, the first such example happened in that same season when Hunter was booted. That however is not as good of an example since one of the orchestrators of that boot ended up winning the season. Or you could say Gabe's boot illustrated the rule- Don't ever get overconfident in the game. Another oft-violated rule in the game.

>

11-29-08, 03:21 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The Last 5 Tribal Councils Have Been Among the Best Ever"
I knew I wasn't alone in considering the importance of the Gabe boot!

Iltarion, can I suggest that your problem with the rule is that you don't quite state it right. It's not exactly about avoiding to play a post-merge game before the merge: Tina proved it had to be done when she stripped Jerri of her power by voting out Mitchell, Chris did it also when he voted out the strong men of his tribe, Danni did it when she realized that Gary's trust was more valuable than Blake's loyalty.

The rule should be: Don't make big moves unless you have to.

Tina had to take over for Jerri or else Ogabore was doomed. Chris had to save his life. Danni needed Gary to get in with Rafe and Steph. You can add Cirie to the list of players who made big moves before the merge out of necessity. She did it more times than anyone else. I count 5 times.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •