The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Was Courtney TRYING to lose last night??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-05-07, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Was Courtney TRYING to lose last night??"
Was she NOT trying, in hopes of voting out JR?? Or was it just VERY BAD strategy to put her up first off, knowing she weighs 70#'s and has the strength of a 13# kitten??

I really thought she was doing her thing purposely, but later wondered. She genuinely looked upset, and looked a little scared that she'd be on the chopping block. But, unlike Leslie, the men want her around for awhile, so they can uh-hummmmm, admire her good looks?? (Excuse me while I vomit again, just remembering that scene in the lake with JR and James!).

In any case, I guess most of them feel Courtney will be a good one to keep around for later, in the finale??

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose las... nailbone 10-05-07 1
   RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose las... jbug 10-05-07 2
 RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose las... zipperhead 10-05-07 3
 RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose las... finallytyping 10-05-07 4
   RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose las... mistyrose52 10-05-07 5
   RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose las... CTgirl 10-05-07 6
       RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose las... Jaxxjack 10-05-07 8
 RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose las... PepeLePew13 10-05-07 7
   RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose las... Estee 10-15-07 17
 RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose las... iltarion 10-05-07 9
   RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose las... Karchita 10-05-07 10
 RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose las... finallytyping 10-05-07 11
   RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose las... Quiddity99 10-05-07 13
       RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose las... finallytyping 10-05-07 14
 RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose las... Aruba 10-05-07 12
   RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose las... Sues 10-13-07 15
       RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose las... JoeGazillionaire 10-15-07 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-05-07, 11:37 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose last night??"
Well, judging by how chewed up her hanbds were after that challenge, I'd call it just bad strategy.

And exactly why they kept her over Leslie, I don't know, but if she doesn't go at the very next opportunity, they're even more stupid than I suspect.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-07, 11:42 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose last night??"
That was the most pitiful effort (or lack thereof) I have ever seen from anyone trying to do anything! What? did the machette weigh more than she does? Probably! LOL

I really could not believe they did not send her packing - but then thought about how Leslie cut her own throat, so.....
I'd talk about Leslie here but there has to be another thread so again.....

JR is just lucky Leslie & Courtney messed up way more than he irritated people.

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-05-07, 11:43 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose last night??"
Bad strategy.

If you have a teammate who you don't think can compete physically, NEVER keep them for immunity challenges. ALWAYS put them up in reward challenges. You have to win immunity.

Leslie had to go because she made the strategic blunder of talking too fondly of the other team. Weak as Courtney may be, you don't want a teammate who actually sympathizes with the other team, especially when it comes time to beat them during challenges.

finallytyping 401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-05-07, 12:15 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose last night??"
Really, how stupid must Courtney be if her team chose
her to participate in the physical part of the challenge
instead of the intellectual part?

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-05-07, 12:36 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose last night??"
>Really, how stupid must Courtney be
>if her team chose
>her to participate in the physical
>part of the challenge
>instead of the intellectual part?

Good point! LOL!!

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-07, 12:43 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose last night??"
Well she won't have been any help in dragging the puzzle across the finish line. Don't forget how many times Jiffy told us how heavy it was (I thought he was setting Dave up to fail again!)

Jaxxjack 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-05-07, 02:34 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose last night??"
>Well she won't have been any
>help in dragging the puzzle
>across the finish line.
>Don't forget how many times
>Jiffy told us how heavy
>it was (I thought he
>was setting Dave up to
>fail again!)

My strategy would have been to keep her back for the puzzle with James and then let James drag it AND her by himself across the finish line.

It was such a lame attempt to cut that rope. She swung that machete once and then absolutely GAVE UP. I would have cut her loose. Leslie may have given the impression that she appreciated the other tribe more than her own, but at least she appeared to actually try during challenges. Vote out Courtney, then Leslie next.

Everyone talks about Courtney and Individual immunity challenges, but if you don't have strong players you won't even make it to the merge.

PepeLePew13 26138 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-07, 01:33 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose last night??"
Maybe they were just keeping Courtney around for the inevitable medivac or carry-the-tribemate challenge - carrying a 17.4 pound waitress is a lot easier than lugging Sister Christian or Amanda around.

They also know that once they get to individual challenges, Courtney is guaranteed to never win a challenge so they (Todd/Amanda/Aaron) can keep her in step under threat of being tossed at any time.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-07, 08:53 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose last night??"
once they get to individual challenges, Courtney is guaranteed to never win a challenge

In one word: Darrah. We all remember the water tube, right?

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-05-07, 03:47 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose last night??"
Courtney was definitely trying. She was clearly holding back tears as that challenge came to its inevitable conclusion. If anyone ever deserved to go due to a lost challenge, it was her. The only one I can even compare it to was Chris at the first IC in Vanuatu. Amazingly, he stuck around as well.
AGAIN, don't these people watch Survivor? The team that gets the early lead in the challenges wins 80% of the time. You never put your weakest person first. In relays, you put your fastest or 2nd fastest runner 1st. For one thing, just being able to see someone, like Amanda, go first and do the job, would've given Courtney an idea of how to do it and the confidence to get it done. Instead, she's whining, "How are they doing this?" because she never got to sit back and watch someone. Now, I'm sure she still would have been the slowest at the challenge, but she definitely does a better job if she goes second instead of first.
They couldn't have let Todd and Courtney do the puzzle because those two never would have been able to drag that thing anywhere. Dave and Sherea could hardly do it. Aaron seems intelligent. They should have had him and Courtney do the puzzle.
These people are foolish if they thought they couldn't trust Leslie and therefore had to get rid of her. As she made so abundantly clear, her faith is very important to her. Leslie is not capable of deception, I don't believe. That's why she couldn't help but be so honest about visiting the other tribe and what she told them. Were they really afraid she would jump tribes? Come on, you have to be kidding me. I think it came down to the weakest two people, as JR said it should, and Leslie was older, less attractive? (apparently to some), and irritated people with her bible rousing.
Aaron appeared to have the power by getting his way in the vote, but Todd was really the only person that it really benefitted, as now he is the only person that knows about the idol.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-05-07, 04:28 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose last night??"
Aaron appeared to have the power by getting his way in the vote, but Todd was really the only person that it really benefitted, as now he is the only person that knows about the idol.

This is the crux of the matter to me.

10-05-07, 05:21 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose last night??"
Keeping Courtney around for individual immunity challenges
might be dangerous because usually they are more endurance
type challenges (like pole sitting, which would delight
JR to no end) or challenges where high body weight is a
disadvantage.

Quiddity99 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-05-07, 08:40 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose last night??"
Endurance is usually only the first and last individual immunity challenges though. Most of the individual immunities, particularly in Exile Island and Cook Islands relied on physical strength. And the final Fiji immunity challenge relied on upper body strength a lot more than usual. I don't think we have to worry about Courtney doing good in those individual challenges.
---
...Classic Moments in Survivor History...
Jenna: "Forget that deaf girl Christy, me and Heidi are the ones who are really handicapped since we're so beautiful!"

Gee, and she wonders why she's despised by so many -_-

10-05-07, 09:03 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose last night??"
Yah, you're right. She seemed to get tired trying to pull
her buff up over her thingies.

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-05-07, 06:53 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose last night??"
I'm with the consenus that Courtney was trying. She's just pathetic. Who you could accuse of not trying is the stellar selection committee who refuse to look at the name of the show when casting these embarassments to the game.

As much as Courtney deserved to go, they made the right decision booting Leslie. Given the first opportunity, she would have flipped in a heartbeat.

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-13-07, 09:49 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose last night??"
They're waiting for Courntney to finally expire so they can use her for the center pole of their shelter....

JoeGazillionaire 349 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-15-07, 07:40 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Was Courtney TRYING to lose last night??"
The equivalent of Courtney trying to wield that machete is like if your or I were given a 100 pound pitch fork and told to do some raking....just looking at her rail thin frame and you know that she has no body strength to strike with any force. It's also editing too....the producers have to shorten that clip to only a few minutes. I'm sure she tried many times, but the force that she applied was probably nothing more than a love tap. I think she was kept around for strategic reasons. Some of the guys probably think they can use her as a chess piece since she's not the leader type.
also, there was a clear reason why Leslie was voted out. She has no guile, but that's also what makes her very dangerous. She's over the other tribe unwittingly giving them a layout of her tribe and its power structure and their secrets. The guys were smart to vote her out right then and there...to stop the leaking of information. Courtney despite all her physical limitations is at least worldly enough to know not to let the other tribe know about your tribe. It's not about finding other Christians and witnessing.....it's Survivor. They are trying to pump you for information.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •