The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Swictharoo"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ripley 196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-22-07, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Swictharoo"
I loved the switch,it really put a wrench in everyones plans and alliances.Has the show done this before or did they need to do something to help the Ravu tribe,and make the show interesting again?I would of loved to see Yah-Man get both the idols though.I can't see Lisi being too cautious in looking for it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Swictharoo Snidget 03-22-07 1
 RE: Swictharoo michel 03-22-07 2
   RE: Swictharoo iltarion 03-23-07 4
       RE: Swictharoo tribephyl 03-23-07 5
           RE: Swictharoo michel 03-23-07 6
 RE: Swictharoo aquariaqueen 03-22-07 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-22-07, 05:50 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Swictharoo"
There is some sort of tribal swap done most seasons.

Someone with better memory will be along soon, but I think only the first two or three seasons, and the season with Ulong were the ones with no swap/fake merge/some sort of mess up the tribal structure twist.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-07, 07:00 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Swictharoo"
Here is a quick run down. If anyone wants to had or correct details, I did it quickly by memory:

The first switch was in Africa (S3). By tree mail, 3 members from each tribe were directed to meet Jeff who told them they were going to the other team's camp. The boards were aflame with screams that changing the rules in the middle of the game was unfair and that it sucked.

Marquesas (S4) had a similar switch and it contributed to the first reversal of booting order after merge. Rotu, in total control, had some of its members rebel and vote with the last of the Maraamu.

Amazon (S6) had a different twist. The 2 younger members were asked to meet for a "Date." The tribes had been separated along gender so Jenna was all excited to meet Dave and started gossiping. Both were then told to pick new tribes of 6 alternating between guys and girls. Dave immediately separated Jenna from her buddy Heidi but kept Heidi until merge. The girls reunited and Dave was booted before both! Would you believe Dave was a rocket scientist!

All-Star (S8) had the weirdest switch. They were down to 6 Chapera and 4 Mogo Mogo. The Survivors drew random buffs from a bag containing 5 of each color. The first 5 Chapera drew Mogo buffs and the 4 Mogos drew Chapera buffs. Only Amber, the eventual winner, drew her own colored buff. She alone wasn't switched. With 5 Chaperans on one tribe and 4 Mogo and 1 Chaperan on the other, a chaperan was almost certain to go home no matter who won the challenge. The old Mogos lost but kept Amber!?? The merge happened right after and the old Mogos were decimated.

Vanuatu (S9) started men vs women. At one point, 6 men where left and 7 women. Each tribe designated a leader. Scout for the women, Sarge for the men. Scout divided, Sarge chose. We wound up with 5 women-2 Men on one side and 4 Men-2 women. The women stayed together and almost eliminated all the men. Chris was the last man standing but then the women started against each other. Chris won.

Guatemala had a surprise switch that was very complicated to describe. 2 from each tribe went on a pic-nic. 1 from each tribe was designated as the best team player and stayed where they were. The rest switched camp. The ones out on the pic nic returned to their own camp and quite a surprise. It killed the game of many players.

Cook Island (S13) had a mutiny. When the teams were down to 6-6, Jeff asked if the players wanted to mutiny and change teams. It had been proposed in S5 but no one had moved. In S13, two players moved away from one team, changing the numbers to 8-4. The team of 4 eventually won the game!

Season with switches are often less predictable after the merge and are much harder to win for the leader-types.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-23-07, 01:38 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Swictharoo"
You didn't mention that technically there were tribe switches on Exile Island and the Cook Islands because both seasons started with 4 teams of 4 before getting split up into 2 tribes.
Also, there was no switch in Marquesas that I am aware of. Kathy and Rob did get to picnic together, where Kathy, on the outs in her own tribe, did form an alliance with Rob, which came to nothing after Rob M was voted out immediately after merge. Kathy was able to form a more meaningful alliance against the Rotu4 though, and the rest was history.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-07, 02:08 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Swictharoo"
There was a switch in Marquesas. I seem to remember Kathy, Paschel and Neleh joining Sarah and Gina.
While Rob, Sean and Vee moved over to the love tribe.

But I've taken drugs in the past, so everythings a fog sometimes. Dream? Real?

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-07, 09:22 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Swictharoo"
There was a switch in Marquesas:

NuRotu had John, Tammy, Robert, Zoe, Gabriel who were joined by Sean, Rob and Vecepia.

NuMaraamu had Sarah, Gina who were joined by Kathy, Paschal and Neleh.

When NuRotu booted Gabriel instead of an OldMaraamu, it told Kathy that something was rotten in Rotu. That and the coconut chop helped form the alliance that overthrew John's Rotu4.

I didn't count Exile Island and Cook Island because those small, initial tribes were never meant to last very long. They certainly could be counted. In EI, Casaya and LaMina were formed on Day 4. In CI, the 4 tribes lasted 7 days and the winning alliance was formed right away on Puka.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-22-07, 07:24 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Swictharoo"
I would of loved to see Yah-Man
>get both the idols though.I
>can't see Lisi being too
>cautious in looking for it.

Oh, that would be great, wouldn't it???? "D@mn, we can't get rid of the guy!!!"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •