The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sun tan lotion??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-09-07, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sun tan lotion??"
I was surprised to see so many survivors last night had fairly major sun exposure after such a short number of days there. Given the tropical nature of the setting, and the presumed desire in each participant to last 39 days, I am surprised that they wouldn't be using the sun tan lotion available to them.

I remember seeing some people with peeling skin in seasons past, but not so much in the first ep.

Here are some pictures from SeeBS that show burns...

That last picture was not a flagrant attempt to flash some oobies. But if it works...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sun tan lotion?? nazpink 02-09-07 1
 RE: Sun tan lotion?? Snidget 02-09-07 2
 RE: Sun tan lotion?? Karchita 02-09-07 3
 RE: Sun tan lotion?? seas374 02-16-07 4
   RE: Sun tan lotion?? Snidget 02-16-07 5
       RE: Sun tan lotion?? seas374 02-17-07 6
           RE: Sun tan lotion?? Ripley 02-17-07 7
           RE: Sun tan lotion?? 2goobas 03-09-07 10
       RE: Sun tan lotion?? psjim 03-05-07 8
           RE: Sun tan lotion?? tjcrew 03-09-07 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-09-07, 12:11 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Sun tan lotion??"
Well, from a safety aspect I would definately think they would want to use the sunblock. In my opinion I would want to lessen any possible discomfort in a situation such as Survivor. I would think competing in challenges would be painful with people grabbing at your sunburn or throughing lumber over your shoulder would hurt too...never mind being crushed toghether at night.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-07, 12:24 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Sun tan lotion??"
Having done field research in places where I needed sunblock with skin that burns pretty easy where one might sweat a lot...

Even if you use sunblock it is hard to put enough on often enough to prevent all tanning/burning.

If you are sweating or going in the water you really need to put more on every hour or so. If you stay in the shade and don't get wet maybe every 2 hours. Most people only get religious about putting on the sun block only after they start to burn.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-09-07, 05:35 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Sun tan lotion??"
I've done a bit of field research on this as well. It seems to me to be no reason to think this group would have behaved differently than any previous Survivors, so the conditions must have been different. Maybe there were fewer clouds, less shade, more direct sun due to time of year or they were just sweating more.

seas374 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-16-07, 07:24 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Sun tan lotion??"
I didn't realize the cast is given sun tan lotion. Are they given anything else?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-07, 07:57 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Sun tan lotion??"
I did find this

"A: Since the first "Survivor" season back in 2000, contestants have always been provided with certain basic necessities that they wouldn't really have on a desert island. The list includes tampons, condoms and contact-lens solution. CBS spokeswoman Colleen Sullivan says that any contestant who needs regular doses of a prescribed medication get that too, of course."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6293777/

seas374 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-17-07, 09:31 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Sun tan lotion??"
Thanks for the article. That would make sense about certain items. I've never seen any episodes where the surviors are applying the lotion. I wonder if it's readily available or if they have to asked the camera crew or whomever for the supplies. The contact solution seems a little odd as there is no mirror to see how to put in or remove contacts. Also, they have no soap and I couldn't imagine putting contacts in with dirty hands.

Ripley 196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-17-07, 10:34 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Sun tan lotion??"
I always wondered about how they dealt with the bathrooms calls,If the tribe was anywhere near me in the morning ,they would vote me off quick.Also I have some serious body odor when I sweat,are they allowed deodorant?

Remember when Boo got injured they supplied him with bandages.

2goobas 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-09-07, 03:33 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Sun tan lotion??"
I've been wearing contacts since i was 11 (24 years ago) and after the first year or so I haven't used a mirror to put them in/take them out. I don't think I'd want to touch them or my eye with dirty hands but it's very easy to put them in and out without looking in a mirror.

psjim 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-05-07, 01:19 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Sun tan lotion??"
CONDOMS???
Is this SURVIVOR, or TEMPTATION ISLAND??

tjcrew 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-09-07, 10:02 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Sun tan lotion??"
I definitely remember the very first episode with Rudy having sun lotion applied by Richard- he made some comment about never believing that he would let a gay guy put lotion on him.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •