The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-24-05, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion thread"
Pick The Bootee Game

For the past couple of seasons I have been hosting PTB- Pick the Bootee during Survivor, before that my predecessor was Echogirl. The game has changed a little each season. Last season we went back to tribes and then individual challenges.

I am currently revamping the rules for the upcoming season. For those that have played the game before I would like to hear from you in this thread or via PM on any rule or scoring changes you would suggest. Did you like the challenges? Would you rather stay with only individual challenges instead of team challenges each week?

I am also going to be changing the Red Ink scoring, and am open to suggestions from those that played as a red inker.

For anybody who hasn't played, here are a few links to the old rules from the past 2 seasons:

S10 PTB Week 1
S10 PTB Week 2 (Includes Rules)
S9 PTB Rules

Any suggestions/feedback from potential new players is welcomed.

I will be posting a PTB game sign up thread shortly after Labor day weekend so as to give everybody who is interested in playing time to sign up. Guatemala looks to be a fun season ahead of us!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion... emydi 08-24-05 1
   RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion... alwaysintruble1 08-25-05 2
       RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion... dreamerbeliever 08-25-05 3
 PTB Newbie question byoffer 08-25-05 4
   RE: PTB Newbie question KObrien_fan 08-25-05 5
 RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion... cuon10 08-25-05 6
   RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion... Dakota 08-30-05 13
 RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion... tribephyl 08-26-05 7
   RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion... KObrien_fan 08-26-05 8
   RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion... tvgeek401 08-28-05 9
       Yes No Maybe tribephyl 08-29-05 10
   RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion... KObrien_fan 08-29-05 11
 RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion... coolbluepig 08-29-05 12
 RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion... Mo0 08-31-05 14
   RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion... tvgeek401 08-31-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 01:31 PM (EST)
1. "RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion thread"
I think you and triby should retire red ink from your games and name the last red ink winner in your games the SUPREME RULER of RED INK

All in favor, raise your hands, the AYES have it!!!

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-25-05, 00:13 AM (EST)
2. "RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion thread"
I think any previous red ink winner should have to play for positive points in the next year to give the rest of us a chance.

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-25-05, 01:11 AM (EST)
3. "RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion thread"
Umm I want to be repeating and don't want the emy-factor to have to deal with Red is a wonderful color on you emster.

And to KO, whatever your creative melon comes up with will be great! I love the team aspects up until merger time and then we all try to slit each others throats (thanks Lex). It's your chess board hun and we are the pawns. Well I guess I'm more like the sitting king

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-05, 01:50 PM (EST)
4. "PTB Newbie question"
Hey KO

I have never played PTB before, but these games are fun so maybe I will play this time. But first a question: Since I don't go into spoilers, is this game a waste of my time? I assume that your gang of spoilers who know the bootie and challenge winners each week will run the tables, and I will just be column fodder for the scoring.

08-25-05, 03:04 PM (EST)
5. "RE: PTB Newbie question"
That is a good question. The rules are in such a way as to favor the early bird entry which grants an extra 10 points. Many times the vidcaps and the SOTS have not been posted prior to the early bird deadline, and so a non spoiler who posts early has about the same chance as the spoiler who gets entry in early.

The normal deadline is noon on the day of the show and the spoilers have got to get their picks in well before the "Snewser" reveal and they can't change their answers after the deadline. So this too helps minimize the effect of spoilers.

Besides all of that, the bootee itself is just a small portion of the weekly point value. Guessing the correct first confessional and challenge winners also aides the scores. While the challenge winners can be spoiled, usually not early enough in the week if the early bird is jumped on.

Then there are challenges which also help increase the score and no spoiler in the world has an advantage over the true survivor fanatic when it comes to my kind of riddles/puzzles/games Receiving immunity can be huge on any given week.

The disadvantage spoilers can have sometimes is that they get too confident in the info and use it without regard to common sense and then if the info is wrong and they don't have immunity, they are out of the game.

So hopefully you see that whether a spoiler or non-spoiler there is no inherent advantage and hopefully it is fun for all to try their hand at this game.

S11 PTB is coming!!!!! MAKE SOME SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-25-05, 10:34 PM (EST)
6. "RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion thread"
Last season's game was pretty much fun. It was challenging, which is part of what makes it fun. I think a continuation of the way we played last season would be super kewl!!!!!

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-05, 10:58 AM (EST)
13. "RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion thread"
>Last season's game was pretty much
>fun. It was challenging,
>which is part of what
>makes it fun. I
>think a continuation of the
>way we played last season
>would be super kewl!!!!!

As I tiptoe into Fanatics, uncharted territory for me, to check out these games that bring peeps to the wonderful world of Loser Lodge which was so much fun, I find myself reading "It was challenging" and I think "What the heck!" Is this something I want to do? Challenging? Hmmmmmmm Got to read the rules, this could be more than I bargained for.
Mystic Artistry
Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-05, 04:39 PM (EST)
7. "RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion thread"
Hiya KO!

I don't have a lot of suggestions as I myself am wondering how (or if) to change things for the upcoming seasons of the ABC and LoserLodge.
So in a way, I'm looking to your thread to give me a direction as well.

However, I think the way things have been run so far (under your tutelage) have been great.
No changes necessary.

On the other hand ...
One thing I have been pondering is the "probationary period". (Moreso from my perspective as host.)
As we know, the games have allowed for the first few weeks to be relatively consequence free.
Although the rule was originally meant to include "everyone". I've found that most of the time "everyone" is already playing.
So I have to sit with my snuffer in my hand and no torch to use it on, for almost a month. (Meanwhile the RedInkers get a few weeks to greatly boost their totals.)
I'm seriously considering either starting the game late or making boots from the first week on.

Of course any rule that allows a fellow gameshow host to win, would be greatly appreciated.

08-26-05, 05:06 PM (EST)
8. "RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion thread"
Hiya Tribe,
I agree I have been rethinking the probationary period as well. There are many different directions that I could go with and I haven't totally decided yet.

Glad to hear from you, can't wait for the season to begin!

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-28-05, 09:33 PM (EST)
9. "RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion thread"
Personally, I don't like the elimination of a probationary period. The first time I played these games, it took me a few weeks to figure out what was going on (not the brightest crayon in the box, am I?) and I needed the non-elim weeks.

A Cygnus Masterpiece ignore this space. ignore, ignore, ignore this spaceIcecat is da bomb!

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-05, 04:06 AM (EST)
10. "Yes No Maybe"
Not to steal any KO thunder, but ...

Thanks alot for your input geek.
It's definitely helpful to hear from players about the way the games are perceived.
I've secretly been following this thresd in hopes of getting some friendly guidance, by proxy.
(My OT attempt failed miserably)

The main reason I was thinking about stopping or lessening the probationary period was for personal reasons.
(Yes, I said reasons.)
One; because I don't get to use my State-O-The-Art Snuffer as much as I would like to (now that it's over a year old I'm not even sure it will work anymore.)
AND Two; because I would lvoe it if more people were to drop in at LoserLodge. (The more losers the better. In my mind.) Except for you, KO. I'm hoping I can take a feild trip to your FyneEstablismynt again.

But after taking your vote under consideration I'm all but firm that things will go as normal. (IOW, I can't really promise you anything yet.)

Sorry KO, I know it's a thresd about the PTB. But, I couldn't help myself.

Hi. I'm tribe and I suffer from DirectileDysfunction.

08-29-05, 06:02 AM (EST)
11. "RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion thread"
No, it's totally OK Tribe, both of our games are similar enough where I don't mind if you use this thread for ideas.

And as far as the probation period, I don't mean to get rid of it all together, but last year I had it as a month, 4 weeks. With the addition of the immunity challenges that means a player could actually get through the whole season without ever being vulnerable. I added the more immunities to give more folks a shot at staying in the game longer.

So rather than get rid of the probation period, I may just shorten it. All input will be taken into consideration.

coolbluepig 819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-29-05, 06:12 AM (EST)
12. "RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion thread"
i am ntersted to join and i would like to see the 50 picks per season... and the probationary period is ok...

Mo0 427 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-31-05, 06:31 PM (EST)
14. "RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion thread"
After playing last season, I like the idea of a probationary period, just because unless you look at the spoilers it's impossible to guess for the first couple of weeks. After 4 weeks, it should be easy to guess... I wouldn't be against a 2 week period.

One thing I'd like to suggest is to have certain questions be just for picks, certain ones just for points, and then one or two that you can choose which. I think that'd be more interesting.

Also, I think an interesting question to add to the list would be "Who will _____ vote for?" While there are two tribes, you should have one member of each tribe listed, so the person not only has to pick which member but then also who they'll vote for.

I enjoyed the heck out of playing the game last season, and as a newbie I think I did pretty well. If I recall, the only reason I lost was because I picked too many times. GIVE ME MORE PICKS! Can't wait for this season's game.
-Mo0cow--
I'm not stupid, just selectively ignorant.
-Mo0cow--
I'm not stupid, just selectively ignorant.

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-31-05, 07:55 PM (EST)
15. "RE: S11 PTB Rule changes suggestion thread"
Yep, I definately needed more picks, too.

A Cygnus Masterpiece ignore this space. ignore, ignore, ignore this spaceIcecat is da bomb!
No, I never have anything new/interesting/snarky to add. Thanks for noticing.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •