The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Applying for Survivor"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ante Bellum 3762 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-09-05, 06:59 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Applying for Survivor"
Does anyone have any hints?

Is there a way to improve your chances?

Ante

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Applying for Survivor Ante Bellum 07-19-05 1
   RE: Applying for Survivor byoffer 07-19-05 2
       RE: Applying for Survivor uglier than sarah w 07-19-05 3
 RE: Applying for Survivor seahorse 07-19-05 4
 RE: Applying for Survivor Brownroach 07-20-05 5
   RE: Applying for Survivor KObrien_fan 07-20-05 6
       RE: Applying for Survivor Brownroach 07-20-05 7
 RE: Applying for Survivor Ante Bellum 07-26-05 8
   Shakes's ":Love Cruise Brownroach 07-27-05 9
       RE: Shakes's ":Love Cruise warratah 07-28-05 10
           RE: Shakes's ":Love Cruise oz4ever 07-28-05 11
               RE: Shakes's ":Love Cruise applejack93 07-28-05 12
                   Australian Survivor oz4ever 07-30-05 13
 RE: Applying for Survivor Cisco 08-02-05 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

07-19-05, 09:49 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Applying for Survivor"
I'm guesing that was a no.

Or perhaps it's just the number of posts. i can understand that but i've been lurking awhile before i got the nerve to sign up and post.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-19-05, 10:09 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Applying for Survivor"
AB

Welcome to the boards. Don't take a lack of response as a shot at you for having few posts. I would guess that either there are no suggestions, or there may have already been a post on this. Maybe do a search on the boards.

The only recommendation I can make is to not be Canadian. That keeps me out!

Good luck getting on the show.

uglier than sarah w 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-19-05, 06:13 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Applying for Survivor"
Don't have any tips but want to wish you luck!

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-05, 11:22 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Applying for Survivor"
Sheer luck is what is needed. Also, a great video.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-05, 02:47 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Applying for Survivor"
No one who posts here has ever gotten on the show, so it'd be hard to say what would "improve one's chances".

However, one of our veterans, Shakes the Clown, did apply successfully to be on the short-lived "Love Cruise". Somewhere in these forums he wrote a lengthy and very informative account of the entire audition process for that show. I don't remember which forum it was in, but it would be worth reading. Maybe someone recalls where Shakes put that thread....?

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-05, 03:03 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Applying for Survivor"
Wasn't it on OT (off topic)? I recall seeing it too, it was well written and funny as well as informative.

07-20-05, 03:40 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Applying for Survivor"
I thought he might have posted it on OT, too. I did a search and it didn't come up, but it must be in the archive by now if it was on OT.

07-26-05, 06:37 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Applying for Survivor"
thank you all

*crossing fingers*

07-27-05, 03:54 PM (EST)
9. "Shakes's ":Love Cruise"
LAST EDITED ON 07-27-05 AT 04:02 PM (EST)

Oops, my computer is acting wacko and posted on its own before I finished typing.

Anyway, I found Shakes's Love Cruise diary on - d'oh - the Love Cruise Forum. (KO was right, it was on OT originally.) It is here now, and it is a great read, and probably very useful for any reality show applicants.

warratah 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-28-05, 02:26 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Shakes's ":Love Cruise"
That was great, really informative, I sent in a audition tape for the Aussie Survivor - it was such a bad audition tape - no wonder I never heard from them!!

oz4ever 1604 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-28-05, 02:37 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Shakes's ":Love Cruise"
LAST EDITED ON 07-28-05 AT 02:38 AM (EST)

Yay welcome to the boards warratah! I suspected you were another Aussie.
Don't worry about missing Aussie Survivor anyway, remember how bad it was? That tribe who didn't bother building a shelter and only won immunity once and went into the merge 7-3 down?
And the fact that it was held in South Australia, not even foreign! And at final 4 tribal council when they all refused to go and the producers warned that if they didn't turn up that night, they would give the half million dollars to 5th placed Sophie? And Joel throwing the final 3 immunity challenge. And then Caren (who I saw on "The Footy Show (NRL)" last year or the year before on a commentating challenge, how she won the car but it was in episode 7 and she got voted out, coming 10th, that was silly. I can't believe Channel 9 made us miss Marquesas!
My favourite part of that whole series was Craig talking about his favourite types of chocolate.
Edited to add: Remember they showed the audition tapes of the people who did make it on the show and Sciona's tape was her running around a park pretending to eat poo?

Skippy the bush kangaroo

applejack93 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-28-05, 11:56 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Shakes's ":Love Cruise"
OMG - THAT WAS THE WORST.THING.I.HAVE.EVER.WITNESSED.

Australian Survivor was simply embarassing. I have tried to find sites on it, but there is hardly a single record on the net about it.

Ugh ugh ugh. I remember the theme music was awful and the girl from my home town (newcastle) Jane, made it to f6 without doing anything. It was just bad. And yes, I remember sciona's audition tape.

I can't believe we missed marquesas for THAT. I have made my opinion about Aussie survivor very clear on these boards over the past year. I HATE IT.

Glad to know people who can share in my agony.

oz4ever 1604 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-30-05, 06:05 AM (EST)
13. "Australian Survivor"
LAST EDITED ON 07-30-05 AT 06:34 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-30-05 AT 06:33 AM (EST)

At long last I have found the site for the crappy Australian Survivor. And upon checking, no it was not 10th placed Caren who won a car. It was 11th placed Sylvan, and it was won in episode 4 or 5. Here is the link to the site: http://home.kooee.com.au/kris_e/au_s1index.html

"I ain't no Hershey Bar"

Cisco 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-02-05, 04:06 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Applying for Survivor"
If you look at all the audition tapes of peopl ewho made it, you will notice very little in the way of production values. Most seem to just turn on the camera and do something.

My tape was produced byy a local TV news friend of mine back in 2001. I was selected for a personal interview in Chicago.

Then they called back a week later, sent me a bunch of info from the CDC and the state department about Kenya. They asked me to get a physical and send it to them in 3 days.

I did all of the above.

I thought I was a sure thing for the LA auditions.

Then they called and said that I was not being considered for Africa but would be considered strongly for Survivor 4.

Of course I never heard from them again.

Oh well if the show makes it to 13 or 14 I may apply again just for the hell of it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •