The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Your Strategy"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

LSUSURVIVOR 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-11-05, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Your Strategy"
Well with the casting calls gettin sent out I was wondering what everyone is doing, if anything to get ready if they get that big call. Also what would be your strategy on the Island if you get there???

I'm running a lot and about to start swimming, I'm in pretty good shape right now...I gotta go to class so I'll post what my strategy would be after I get out.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Your Strategy cuon10 02-11-05 1
   RE: Your Strategy LSUSURVIVOR 02-11-05 2
       RE: Your Strategy cuon10 02-11-05 3
           RE: Your Strategy LSUSURVIVOR 02-11-05 4
               RE: Your Strategy cuon10 02-11-05 5
                   RE: Your Strategy LSUSURVIVOR 02-11-05 6
                       RE: Your Strategy cuon10 02-11-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-11-05, 05:19 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Your Strategy"
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-05 AT 05:25 PM (EST)

I think there are several parts to any strategy.
First, make a decision not to pre-judge each other survivor until you have spent some time with the others
Second, instead of being defensive or offensive, use the philosophy that in "survival" you are competing against the elements and by that, you must control your environment as much as you can or it will control you
Third, don't get too mad about those not doing their part as much. You will get your turn to get even and their inactivity will motivate you to keep moving and active.
Fourth, make yourself useful, but not used. The truth about keeping a certain level of energy with little food and all the other things is to keep up a certain level of activity
Fifth, always keep certain key parts of your strategy to yourself
Sixth, MB and JP like for there to be some controversy and confrontation. Pick your battles with care, and make sure it is not with the most liked person on the team, unless your pretty sure your not totally dispensable.
Last,but not least, everyone else IS there for the same reasons you are. Do not let them convince you they are there for just the scenary. You are all competing for the same thing.
$1,000,000.00 and the opportunities it may bring with it. And Integrity can be alot of different things. To me, you do not show alot of integrity if you do not play the game as hard and real as you possibly can. People have no problem spouting off their version of "integrity". When you sign up for a game such as this, get selected, pass all the tests and so on. You are taking a spot someone else could take up,so if you don't want it badly enough to play the game with all you've got, then your not right for the game.
One last thing, Boston Rob played a good game second time around. I don't see where he lacked integrity in playing the game. Lex and Kathy showed very, very poor judgment and lost.
It worked for BRob. He played the game. His integrity was intact. I am a big fan of Kathy Vavrick O'Brien, but she and Lex blew it. Not BRob's fault.
Lack of integrity on the other hand were Vecepia and Neely.
They said they would take Kathy along if either were the winner of the last immunity challenger in S4, if she decided to let go.
They did not do that. At that point, if I were final 3, and the
OTHER person were going to put a little faith in me, risk their chance at the million, and BE THE ONE TO LET GO and I won the immunity challenge, I would take that person to final 2. Even if they were the most liked, hated or neutral player there.
Why? Because if someone is going to risk their chance at the million being that close, you gotta show a little faith back.
Chances are people will think about that when voting. But worse case scenario, you leave $100K better than before and possibly a whole pocket of opportunities as well. Before, you get to final four, you keep to yourself that about anything that does not get you booted, goes.

02-11-05, 05:41 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Your Strategy"
I agree with a lot of what you said...My philosophy in the game and in many aspects of life is to not go to one extreme. I don't believe in leading outfront and I also don't believe in going under the radar. I think a good example of this was Amy's game in Vanautu early on, if you remember John K. picked her as the person not likely to get booted (later she went to an extreme though and paid the price)...I also believe in taking chances. I've watched too many episodes where people could of changed the entire game had they just stepped out but were too concerned about playing conservative. You must be intelligent and choose the time but as we saw in Vanautu with Chris and the Leann boot you must take the chances when presented and not look back. I think you need get plugged in immediately, with everyone...have a close group of 2 or 3 but don't make this obvious. You should make everyone think that they can rely on you that you're a good person. Don't alienate yourself by immediately helping to divide a tribe into cliques. Dolly was a good example of someone that everyone felt cool and wasn't necessarily in a specific group, both sides thought she was with them, although she screwed this up with her poor decision making. Well I could go on for hours because I'm obsessed but that's just some of my thoughts.

02-11-05, 06:07 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Your Strategy"
Who that applies to the game is not obsessed with it. I just try to keep it in perspective. I am hoping to hear from them and I just had a really good feeling about the application/video the day I mailed it out, and if I do not hear from them this go round, then I will go for 12. I will ratchet up another couple of notches without coming up retarded or over-the-top. I know the part where I said I would take a person to final 2, if they were the one who let go and I won the immunity. Even if they were the best liked person there. But at that point, if your there at final four, in some way, you deserve to be there. IF not from your own devices, than from the lack of others to use theirs. So if someone is willing to let go, jump off or drop it and give me a 1 in 2, instead of a 1 in 3 chance to be final 2. I am willing to take them along. Because that other person might not have been willing to do that. I know it worked against Colby. But it also worked against Neleh to do the opposite. IT might sound crazy, but that's just me.

02-11-05, 06:19 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Your Strategy"
How old are you Cuon? What is your Survivor "character"...redneck, diva, boss, etc...
If we both get on I want to know what I'm up against, ha.

02-11-05, 06:42 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Your Strategy"
provider/thinker and wildcard. I am over 30 and not old and based on some of the responses I am getting from some of the msgbd veterans, I have a tendency to get a response equivalent to a BRob/Jerri would get. I can't help but believe some of these guys would rather continually accept the "typical" even though it is being pegged as "a different survivor" That could largely be hype. I have po'd some of these guys. I don't mean that in a mean way. And they get frustrated with me, but I have that affect on people in board games, esp. in the thinking kind.
By the way,I usually win them and most people I play with want to be my partner and not have to play against me. One of the people I play against alot has a 155 IQ.
I am just trying to figure out where MB and JP's heads are at. One way to do that, is to figure out how this first big twist plays out. Because if I get that call, I want to know what
new way they are looking at "possible castaways" in. The first interview is what will get you sent on to California. You know.
Nothing is impossible with these guys. There is even the possibility that some of these clips are tossed in to purposely throw speculations off and keep the Survivor element, fresher and newer. Some people get set in their ways and cannot accept that. I am sure they will get over it.

02-11-05, 07:05 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Your Strategy"
I see myself as the Rob C. guy but more of a threat physically but not enough for people to care about me being a threat...if that makes sense. I feel as though I have insight into the game and can detach myself from it...I used to think all the players thought like that before goin on and it was just easier said than done, but after watching the videos I think people go into the game with bad ideas...such as Wanda. I have watched all 9 seasons and it never ceases to amaze me how dense people are when they get "screwed over." which isn't appropriate word for it because to say you got "screwed over" would be to imply that it came from no where or it was wrong of the person to do this. When in reality it's the essence of the game...I could rant for hours on this topic

02-11-05, 07:13 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Your Strategy"
Agreed. I am not sure where they found Wanda. Maybe in a box of Fruit Loops. I am just not as sure as everyone else seems to be, that she is one of the two that get eliminated at the beginning. For me, she would go. No one is giddy and happy. At least not without Prozac, Paxil,Zoloft. The singing she does is meant for 5th grade girl/boy scouts. Not grown-ups.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •