The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"<<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Game! =) Pick the Seconday Target! Hosted by MoccaJ. Signups in here!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cuauhtewatemoccajava 133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-22-04, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"<<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Game! =) Pick the Seconday Target! Hosted by MoccaJ. Signups in here!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-04 AT 03:57 PM (EST)

Welcome to the Pick The Secondary Target game!

Note to self: Hit the preview button before posting.

Hello to everyone at Blows. I came up with a grea idea for a game, and would love to see if it becomes popular enough so that we can do it every season. Credit goes to echogirl for the nickname she gabe me, MoccaJ, which I like a lot! Hopefully, I'll have the opportunity to be your hostess!

If anyone is interested and we get enough, please sign your name saying you'd like to participate. I won't do this if I don't feel we have a reasonable amount of people that have interest in participating. If we get enough people to get this off the ground, the first entry will be right after the next episode (episode 5) of AllStars.

However, based on the game rules which I will elaborate further on in the post, you are allowed to join in any time, albeit with a penalty for each week that went by until you joined in. I won't make the penalty too large since it's a new game.

This is the first game of it's kind where I don't give a rats behind on who's going every week, no no! See if you can guess who ELSE is on the chopping block.

This game is great because everyone is on equal footing. Those who read spoilers know who NOT to put down as a secondary target, but those who don't read spoilers can feel assured the people who do read them really don't have too much of an advantage.

NOTE: We WILL allow players to play for RED INK!

The game is this:

Every time a tribe goes to TC, there are two targets.
Prime example: Episode 7a of the Pearl Islands when Andrew got voted off.
There were two targets: Andrew, who left, and Jon, who stayed in a 6-4 vote.
There are lots of games at Blows that try to predict the bootee, but none where they try to predict the castaway that stays who was also on the chopping block.
This is that game!

Objective!

Every week, you will submit the name of one castaway, not that you think will be going, but who will receive the second most votes at Tribal Council. Who is the secondary target?
You also will need to list how many votes the secondary target will receive at Tribal Council. You accumulate points based on how accurate your picks were.

Quick Note

Sometimes more than two people receive votes at Tribal Council. Because it's almost impossible to predict, I'm not including it in my game. The secondary target is the person that receives the second most votes at Tribal Council. A third or more persons that pick up votes will have nothing to do with this thread.

Scoring & Sample Entry

Again, I will use the merge TC of Pearl Islands where Andrew went as an example. Incase anyone forgot, the vote was between Andrew and Jon, and Jon received 4 votes.

MoccaJ's Sample Entry for week 7a of Pearl Islands:

Secondary Target: Rupert
Votes Received: 2 votes.

Bonus:

IC Winner(s): Burton

Based on this entry, this person would have received 9 points.

Scoring Rules:

Listing the correct secondary targetnets you 5 points.

Listing the correct number of votes the secondary target receivednets you 4 points.

If you were one vote off (ie the secondary target received 4 votes, you put they'd receive 3) from what the secondary target receivedyou get 3 points..

Two votes off nets you 2 points.

Three votes off nets you 1 point.

Four votes off you gain nothing.

5 or more votes off, it's a 1 point deduction.

If you fail to list the correct secondary target, but the target you listed came from the tribe which had secondary target came fromyou get 3 points.

Further elaboration:

To make this work after the merge, I will make it so that it will net you three points if the secondary target you listed came from the tribe the real secondary target came from closest to the merge.

For example, this is hypothetical:

We all know Gina Crews was switched to Rotu. Let's say she didn't get voted off and was still there at the merge. Say your putting in an entry, and they've merged. You put down Gina as the secondary target, and it ended up to be Tammy.

Because Gina and Tammy were on the same tribe closest to the merge (Rotu), you would get three points.

This rule also applies for either male or females, as long as the target you listed came from the same tribe closest to the merge the actual secondary target was on, weather the gender was correct or not does not matter.

The below is ONLY IF YOU DID NOT GET THE FIRST TWO OPTIONS CORREcT.

If you fail to list the correct secondary target, fail to list the secondary target you listed came from the tribe the real secondary target came from closest to the merge, but get the gender of the secondary targetit will net you one point.

Example: Pearl Islands merge episode. You put the secondary target as being Ryno. Wrong secondary target, wrong tribe, but the real secondary target ended up being a male. That nets you one point.

If you fail all three things above, you get a 1 point deduction.

Bonus: IC Winner(s)

This is optional. However, this is a nice way to get some extra points.

I am not asking for the RC winner because the Reward Challenge doesn't really have anything to do with who's on the chopping block or not.

Correctly listing the tribe that wins immunity (this only applies pre-merge) nets you 1 point.

Correctly listing the person who wins immunity (this only applies post-merge)nets you 3 points.

If you list the tribe you think wins immunity, and they end up losing the IC, you get a 2 point deduction.

This is because, except for All Stars, it's a 50-50 chance.

If you list the person you think wins immunity post merge, and they end up losing it, it's a 1 point deduction.

Scoreboard

NOTE: I will do all the scoreboard tallying. You don't have to worry about that.

Every week the scoreboard will look like this:

Episode/Player (I'll have this in bold)/Secondary Target listed (this will be in italics)/Actual Secondary Target/Point Total Increase/Point Total

Example:

5/MoccaJ/Michelle/Shawn/+7/27 Total

I'm pretty sure I've listed all the rules, and everything else I needed to list, so please sign up if you're interested.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post it in the thread. I'd prefer a reply to the thread if you have a question over a pm, simply because if other people are curious about the same thing, I can provide an answer in a reply for everyone to see.

Thanks again!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Gam... Cuauhtewatemoccajava 02-22-04 1
   RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Gam... I_AM_HE 02-23-04 5
 RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Gam... echogirl 02-22-04 2
   RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Gam... Cuauhtewatemoccajava 02-22-04 3
 RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Gam... LozengeofLove 02-23-04 4
   RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Gam... Molaholic 02-23-04 6
 RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Gam... okaloosajohn 02-23-04 7
   RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Gam... Cuauhtewatemoccajava 02-23-04 8
       RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Gam... pmspml5 02-23-04 9
 RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Gam... ValleyGirl 02-23-04 10
 I'll play and you're crazy Blow by Blow 02-23-04 11
 RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Gam... Road Kill 02-23-04 12
   RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Gam... Cuauhtewatemoccajava 02-23-04 13
       UPDATES! =) Cuauhtewatemoccajava 02-23-04 14
 RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Gam... Steen 02-23-04 15
   RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Gam... Cuauhtewatemoccajava 02-24-04 16
 RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Gam... PelicanPete 02-24-04 17
 Me, too! tvgeek401 02-24-04 18
 RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Gam... Milan23 02-26-04 19
   RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Gam... Cuauhtewatemoccajava 02-26-04 20
 RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Gam... nicalai 02-26-04 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-22-04, 08:10 PM (EST)
1. "RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Game! =) Pick the Seconday Target! Hosted by MoccaJ. Signups in here!!!"
I guess no one's interested?

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-23-04, 00:32 AM (EST)
5. "RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Game! =) Pick the Seconday Target! Hosted by MoccaJ. Signups in here!!!"
i haven't had a chance to read the whole rules, but i will play

give it a couple days and don't be discouraged that there's only been a few replies so far, the boards are slower on weekends

- RMMNW!!!

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-22-04, 10:55 PM (EST)
2. "RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Game! =) Pick the Seconday Target! Hosted by MoccaJ. Signups in here!!!"
I'll play!

02-22-04, 11:17 PM (EST)
3. "RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Game! =) Pick the Seconday Target! Hosted by MoccaJ. Signups in here!!!"
Great! Nice to see you on board echogirl.

If anyone else is interested, I urge you, please sign up.

If anything is confusing, or if anyone needs anything further explained, feel free to ask!

LozengeofLove 1060 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-23-04, 00:10 AM (EST)
4. "RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Game! =) Pick the Seconday Target! Hosted by MoccaJ. Signups in here!!!"
I'd play :}

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-23-04, 00:49 AM (EST)
6. "RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Game! =) Pick the Seconday Target! Hosted by MoccaJ. Signups in here!!!"
Will you have a red points category?

FLUFFLYPILLOWS (RED POINTS)TRIBE LEADER
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-23-04, 04:56 AM (EST)
7. "RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Game! =) Pick the Seconday Target! Hosted by MoccaJ. Signups in here!!!"
I'll play.

02-23-04, 07:24 AM (EST)
8. "RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Game! =) Pick the Seconday Target! Hosted by MoccaJ. Signups in here!!!"
>>>Will you have a red points category?

I'll definitely figure out how I can add one today.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-23-04, 11:32 AM (EST)
9. "RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Game! =) Pick the Seconday Target! Hosted by MoccaJ. Signups in here!!!"
I'll play as well

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-23-04, 01:35 PM (EST)
10. "RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Game! =) Pick the Seconday Target! Hosted by MoccaJ. Signups in here!!!"
MoccaJ:
I'll play, just give it a few more days for others to respond. You'll probably get more response as it gets closer to Thursday!
Thanks for your efforts.

Valley Girl
member Team MadDog

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-23-04, 03:03 PM (EST)
11. "I'll play and you're crazy"
I'll play as long as you never, ever, ever ask me to tally up the scores. Or even ask me to calculate my own score. I think you're a complete and total lunatic for coming up with such a wild and crazy game. It's insane!! Oh, and you'll get more interest later in the week. Sunday's are quiet.

So let's take S7 Ep10, Rupert gets booted. Say I picked Jon. Now, he got one vote, but he wasn't the primary secondary target (Darrah). But he was from Drake, like the bootee, but unlike the secondary target. He was male, but the secondary target wasn't. Am I correct that I'd manage to lose one point for doing this?

Another comment on the rules - I'd propose ditching the bonus for picking the IC winner. Nearly every other game has these. Why not keep it a little simpler?

So game on!!

-BbB

I do more to not work than actual work.

Road Kill 1101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-23-04, 03:16 PM (EST)
12. "RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Game! =) Pick the Seconday Target! Hosted by MoccaJ. Signups in here!!!"
I will play, but I am with Blow by Blow.....I will pick who I think will get the second most votes at TC and you just tell me how I did.

02-23-04, 03:38 PM (EST)
13. "RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Game! =) Pick the Seconday Target! Hosted by MoccaJ. Signups in here!!!"
I do all the score tallying, so don't worry about that Blow by Blow.

Just pick your secondary target, and how many votes you think they'll receive. It's that simple.

In answer to your question:

>>>So let's take S7 Ep10, Rupert gets booted. Say I picked Jon. Now, he got one vote, but he wasn't the primary secondary target (Darrah). But he was from Drake, like the bootee, but unlike the secondary target. He was male, but the secondary target wasn't. Am I correct that I'd manage to lose one point for doing this?

Gender only comes into play if you've failed the two above it.

If you DIDN'T pick the correct secondary target, and DIDN'T get the tribe right, only THEN will gender come in to play.

One more thing:

Using the merge episode vs. Andrew and Jon (no Morgan men were around in Episode 10 so can't use that):

You picked Sandra as your secondary target, it ended up to be Jon.

You still get the three points because Sandra and Jon were on the same tribe closest to the merge.

02-23-04, 03:54 PM (EST)
14. "UPDATES! =)"
We will allow players to play for red ink!

I also am reducing the number of points gotten for the optional IC winner as to not take the focus off of the game, which is the secondary target.

Steen 1544 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-23-04, 04:57 PM (EST)
15. "RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Game! =) Pick the Seconday Target! Hosted by MoccaJ. Signups in here!!!"
Sure, I'll play

02-24-04, 03:26 PM (EST)
16. "RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Game! =) Pick the Seconday Target! Hosted by MoccaJ. Signups in here!!!"
Bumping this, would like some more participants.

PelicanPete 140 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-04, 03:28 PM (EST)
17. "RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Game! =) Pick the Seconday Target! Hosted by MoccaJ. Signups in here!!!"
Sure, I'll join in.

-PP

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-24-04, 05:43 PM (EST)
18. "Me, too!"
I'll play.

Milan23 127 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 10:33 AM (EST)
19. "RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Game! =) Pick the Seconday Target! Hosted by MoccaJ. Signups in here!!!"
I'll play.

02-26-04, 12:38 PM (EST)
20. "RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Game! =) Pick the Seconday Target! Hosted by MoccaJ. Signups in here!!!"
Just a heads up, the week 6 Entry will be put up Friday afternoon.

Even if you didn't sign up, please feel free to play.

Yes, there will be a red points category.

nicalai 133 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 01:21 PM (EST)
21. "RE: <<< RULE THREAD ONLY>>> New Game! =) Pick the Seconday Target! Hosted by MoccaJ. Signups in here!!!"
i will play, where do i sign up?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •