The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S7 Anti_Bootee Contest Final Results"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-15-03, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"S7 Anti_Bootee Contest Final Results"
A very enjoyable Finale and Season! I was quite relieved to see Sandra win and I think she played a very good game. As for our game… it’s over, but yet, it’s kind of not over. The S7 Anti-Bootee Contest ended in a tie with Bebo and Bubbastan both winding up at 71. They had been tied going in and submitted identical entries, so we get no solo winner this season. I considered a tiebreaker for a moment, but nothing earth-shattering came to me, so as much as I hate games ending in a tie, I don’t plan on changing it. Should Miss Bebo and Bubba want to settle the score, I’m sure I could come up with something, but I’ll leave that up to them to push for if they want. Given the tie, Bebo and Bubbastan will each get to claim 5 total CDs worth of music from my collection (http://www.geocities.com/set_me_a_3/ ). Our prior leader, LozengeOfLove, also ended up at 71, but was eliminated from the contest by Darrah and thus couldn’t win. Claiming the third place prize, in a big come-from-behind move, was Sisyphus (61), who will get to pick 2 CDs worth from my collection. Others that made it all the way to the end were: PepeLePew (51), Ghostie PhoenixMons (42) and Magic_Star (-78). So a big congrats to them as well for playing so well. Also, let me give a close-but-no-cigar to 321Jump, who lasted to the final two, but selected Lillian over Sandra. If the pick had been Sandra, 321 would’ve grabbed third place.

The Survy Award fight had a very tight and unexpected finish. During Week 12, Forehead made a very smart and aggressive move, basically giving up further play in order to secure a big Red Ink farewell via Burton. His red splash put him at (-104), and threw down the gauntlet to Tribephyl, who was at (-99). This meant Tribe had to pick up a net -6 in order to win. Knowing this, I have to admit that I cringed when I saw Tribe’s final entry of (Lillian/Jon, Lillian, Darrah). He even stated in the post that he was trying to last through all 15 votes. TRIBE, what were you thinking???? He picked up a (-1) after the first vote and was still alive, but then when Lill won immunity, it was all over for Tribe. The +1 he picked up for that left him with too big a deficit (?lead?) to make up on the final vote. Therefore the S7 Survy Award winner is Forehead (-104) with the following runner’s up: Tribephyl (-102), EchoGirl (-97), djandy (-88) and Magic_Star (-78). Forehead wins 2 CDs from the above listed collection thanks to a very crafty strategic move.

To all those that won, send me an email with what you want and I’ll get burning.

Looking ahead to “S8 – ASS”, I have decided to combat Snewser in the following manner: the same deadline will be in effect time-wise, but the penalty itself will change. Whatever number week we are in will represent the number of penalty points assessed. Thus, Week 1 will be a small -1 hit, but by the time we hit Week 10, you’ll be paying a serious -10 penalty for the Snewser safety net. The Finale will cost you -15 (or if I’m feeling especially mean… 42 (=13+14+15)).

Final Standings

Made to the end:
71 Bebo
71 bubbastan
61 sisyphus

51 PepeLePew13
42 PhoenixMons
(78) magic_star

Out at Vote 15:
59 321Jump
(102) tribephyl

Out at Vote 14:
43 Punkin
(88) djandy

Out at Vote 13:
71 LozengeofLove
65 LeftPinky
62 railfan
59 sittem
57 Corvis
56 TeamJoisey
54 ulalame
52 Lolly
50 SurvivorManiac
49 KermittheVixen
49 RudyRules
49 tjstein
48 yensid
46 PackMan
42 sleeeve
2 managerr

Out at Vote 12:
(104) forehead

Out at Vote 10:
54 FesterFan1
49 I_AM_HE
47 Thaibeach
46 rwj3eb
16 ShowMeTheWinner
15 smrtNsassybnkr
7 GTmike

Out at Vote 9:
(97) echogirl

Out at Vote 8:
36 DracoMalfoy

Out at Vote 6:
41 GuessItRains
30 benjapol

Out at Vote 5:
28 Genius47
28 RainCrow
23 silentJ
22 Froggy446688
20 mistofleas
16 ejm92
13 RebelCrown
8 cqvenus

Out at Vote 4:
27 jsanb
27 PlumBlossom
26 realityluver
25 MTW1961
24 Gerbees
23 dajaki
23 LionChow
23 SaphireLady
22 anotherkim
21 TungFong
19 ivoryElephant
19 JohnMc
18 lroy
17 Steen
12 carencey
12 djk
6 Coconut
5 MajicMitch
4 Frau_Blucher
(1) Boomer
(9) buckeyegirl
(11) Angelfood
(12) mikey

Out at Vote 3:
17 7sins_pride
18 survivormitsx
18 apemanttt
18 DoodleBug
16 Rothschild
15 Amily
15 Spidey
16 Breezy
16 Yogi
12 probablyclueless
13 survivorscott
13 Cin
14 jkokoj
12 spacey
14 Swami
14 VolvoCowboy
10 FarmBoy
10 Oscirus
8 Luminou
11 Sheila
10 Jims02
6 cyclehausen
7 Ahtumbreez
3 JanetSTL
1 Ra_8secs
1 sticks
(3) dabo
(2) smokedog
(5) Poncho
(7) rockluver
(9) whoami
(11) Nash

Hope you all had a fun season, see you for ASS in February!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S7 Anti_Bootee Contest Final Re... PepeLePew13 12-15-03 1
 RE: S7 Anti_Bootee Contest Final Re... LeftPinky 12-15-03 2
 RE: S7 Anti_Bootee Contest Final Re... PhoenixMons 12-15-03 3
 RE: S7 Anti_Bootee Contest Final Re... sisyphus 12-15-03 4
 RE: S7 Anti_Bootee Contest Final Re... yensid 12-15-03 5
 Tearful acceptance speech Bebo 12-15-03 6
   RE: Tearful acceptance speech bubbastan 12-15-03 10
 RE: S7 Anti_Bootee Contest Final Re... PackMan 12-15-03 7
 OMH & red ink dedication forehead 12-15-03 8
 Thanks! Gerbees 12-15-03 9
 Thanks for the hard work :) ivoryElephant 12-16-03 11
 RE: S7 Anti_Bootee Contest Final Re... Draco Malfoy 12-16-03 12
 RE: S7 Anti_Bootee Contest Final Re... 321Jump 12-16-03 13
 Important Announcement sleeeve 12-17-03 14
 Thank you! Kermit the Vixen 12-17-03 15
 RE: S7 Anti_Bootee Contest Final Re... Lolly 12-18-03 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26138 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-15-03, 04:14 PM (EST)
1. "RE: S7 Anti_Bootee Contest Final Results"
Thanks for all your hard work in keeping track of all this stuff, LC!

I certainly don't have an argument with any of the rules you've set up and I like the idea of penalty points equalling the episode number.

Another idea is to leave the penalty as is, but bump up the posting deadline to let's say, 12 noon EST. Snewser never posts that early so anybody who posts after that time could get eliminated or get a much larger penalty (i.e. -10). Just a thought.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-15-03, 04:18 PM (EST)
2. "RE: S7 Anti_Bootee Contest Final Results"
Thanks LC.... see you for ASS!

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-15-03, 04:28 PM (EST)
3. "RE: S7 Anti_Bootee Contest Final Results"
The Finale will cost you -15 (or if I’m feeling especially mean… 42 (=13+14+15)).

I like this idea (would have been nice this time around though, cause I'd have won ) - and the idea of doing it either same number or increasing with each episode is good because the damage becomes almost non-existent in those last weeks unless the race is really tight (3 points isn't much at all when you've got 70 some odd points but it's a lot when you're at 10, KWIM?).

Them's my $.02 Thanks for a great game and I am proud to say that I, as a ghost, made it all the way to the end!!!!!

sisyphus 321 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-15-03, 04:37 PM (EST)
4. "RE: S7 Anti_Bootee Contest Final Results"
WOW...Third place here too.....I really wasn't expecting it....Anyway, It was a great game and a great show.....I hope I can top this in ASS

Thanks LC for a great game and for your time......

yensid 786 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-15-03, 04:40 PM (EST)
5. "RE: S7 Anti_Bootee Contest Final Results"
Thanks LC for a great game! I look forward to playing again on S8: ASS

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-03, 04:50 PM (EST)
6. "Tearful acceptance speech"
Oh.my.heck. This was completely unexpected.

I'd like to thank the Academy...oops, wrong speech. Excuse me, I have to start again.

I think it's only appropriate, given the way the season turned, that this contest was won by a lemming, I mean, follower. My one regret is that Jon's grandmother could not be here to see me win. But as we all know, the only thing worse than losing is to osten, so when I saw an opportunity to stay in the game, I took it. When it seemed like I was taking a leadership role, I held back, so that others could come to me. I'd like to thank all of the spoilers that I learned from, lied about, stole from, and otherwise manipulated to do well in this game. My strategy of "boot anyone, as long as it's not me or the Baby Bebo" worked extremely well.

Bubbastan, I'm glad that we are the sole survivors together. I couldn't think of anyone that I'd rather be in the final 2 with. And even if I could, I wouldn't admit it publicly, where it could hurt me in a jury vote.

And I thank you all for forgiving the big lie. Contrary to some notions, I do not cheer for the Dallas Cowboys. I know that this is shocking to some, but I had to do what I had to do. LionChow, you're a far cooler host that Jiffy could ever hope to be. I hope it wasn't too embarrassing to call the Jerry Jones Fan Club and find out that I had never been a member.

And thank you so much, LC, for not making your players wear the same clothes for the duration of the game. For that, not only do I thank you, but my family, friends, and coworkers thank you as well.

Bebo Fairplay says "Peace Out" and see you for ASS!

I am the embodiement of snarky, sarcastic and smart. I am also the S7 Anti-Bootee co-champion!

bubbastan 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-15-03, 11:52 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Tearful acceptance speech"
Bebo, I bow to your snarkiness, your smartness, your sarcasticness (even though this isn't really a word), and especially to your blueness, but I don't really believe in your supreme evilness, since JonnyJackass has a hold on that title, at least for now.

You can't really fret the lemmingitis, since it has saved many a butt, and most certainly mine, at least for this go-around. I himmed and hawed and changed my picks in the Pick the Bootee game and left my Anti-bootee picks the same until the 11th hour, and finally said, what the Heck? Rather be a live lemming than a dead whathaveyou.

Here I was just happy to have made it to the end (FINALLY), and I end up getting to share the crown with the Devil in the Blue Dress herself. Well, I am having one heck of an early Christmas!

Thanks once again to Lion Chow, for running a rocking game as always. Looking forward to ASS.

And thanks as well to Lozenge, who proudly wore the big target on his/her? back. You wore it well. Hell of a game!!

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-15-03, 09:29 PM (EST)
7. "RE: S7 Anti_Bootee Contest Final Results"
Congrats to Bebo and Bubbastan. You both did what you had to do to say in the game and get to the top.

LC, as I've said before, great game! Thanks for hosting and putting up with all our quirks and questions. You are da king o' the Fanatics games. I'm looking forward to ASS, and I like your new rule to counterpunch the Snewser Effect.

Here's to a great season. Onward to Season 8!

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-15-03, 09:41 PM (EST)
8. "OMH & red ink dedication"
OMH! I thought I had a shot at the PTTE game and repeating as King of Red Ink in the PTB game. I did not expect to become the King of Red Ink in the ABC. (Although I did think my ep12 Burton pick was my only hope.)

LC, thanks a lot for all your selfless efforts in hosting this game. It's been a lot of fun, and for the first time I lasted as long as I wanted to in the ABC...

echogirl, as I mentioned in your final PTB thresd, you will always be the Queen of Red Ink - do not retire your siggie. As you and I were tied when you emotionally picked Rupert, I don't really feel like I beat you here. So, the only logical move for me is to dedicate my first (...) Survy Award to the one and only Queen of Red Ink: echogirl. You were obviously the inspiration for my quest for red ink. I look forward to playing chess with you (and all other red ink contestants, tribe, djandy, magicstar, and hopefully more) in February.

Happy Holidays all,
forehead

Gerbees 145 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-15-03, 11:07 PM (EST)
9. "Thanks!"
Thanks for running this!
Looking forward to February!!!

Gerbees

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-16-03, 00:44 AM (EST)
11. "Thanks for the hard work :)"
You put a ton of effort into this game and it shows. I enjoyed playing and can't wait for ASS antibootee.

Congrats to Bebo and Bubbastan

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-03, 07:46 AM (EST)
12. "RE: S7 Anti_Bootee Contest Final Results"
Thanks again LC! See you in ASS!

I will not look at Snewser... I will not look at Snewser...
Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:289 Loss To Date:-50

321Jump 606 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-03, 08:38 PM (EST)
13. "RE: S7 Anti_Bootee Contest Final Results"
Thanks, LC, for running a great game! I went for all or nothing and ended up with nothing, but I had a lot of fun.

Congratulations to the winners!!

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-17-03, 01:35 AM (EST)
14. "Important Announcement"
I have one quick extremely important announcement to make:

I, eee, am officially going for last place for ASS... watch out red ink people... if I can't win this game, I'll do my best to lose it!

Kermit the Vixen 1639 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-17-03, 02:02 PM (EST)
15. "Thank you!"
Well, despite the fact that my score was nearly half of the winning score, I am SOOOO proud to have made it to the final four! Past seasons have seen me packing for Loser Lodge around Ep 5 or 6!

LionChow, you are the host with the most, baby! I am so looking forward to ASS and love your new penalty twist!

Why are you looking at me? Stop looking at me. I said, STOP -- wait, what? OK, never mind.

Lolly 721 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-03, 10:45 AM (EST)
16. "RE: S7 Anti_Bootee Contest Final Results"
LAST EDITED ON 12-18-03 AT 10:45 AM (EST)

LC,

Thanks for all that you do to make this a fun game (and I'm sure it's far more than we can imagine). I look forward to the ASS game.

And congrats to the winners and to those who made it to the end.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •