The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is Osten "Faking It"??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-10-03, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is Osten "Faking It"??"
Do you think that Osten is acting useless as a part of his strategy, or do you think that Osten is just out of his element and struggling?

I look back at past Survivors and I think that nobody has used the strategy "I'm a big strong guy, but I just can't win anything!" Each week I think that Osten is performing just well enough for his current team to keep him, but not well enough to seem like a big individual threat after the merge. So right now I think he is "acting".

I hope I am right, because I would hate to think that he is as pathetic as Andrew and RyanO.

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is Osten "Faking It"?? PhoenixMons 10-10-03 1
   RE: Is Osten "Faking It"?? sittem 10-10-03 2
 RE: Is Osten "Faking It"?? nailbone 10-10-03 3
 RE: Is Osten "Faking It"?? Spanky68 10-10-03 4
   RE: Is Osten "Faking It"?? sisyphus 10-10-03 5
       RE: Is Osten "Faking It"?? Chrissy gal 10-10-03 6
           RE: Is Osten "Faking It"?? Nash 10-10-03 7
 RE: Is Osten "Faking It"?? bobstew617 10-19-03 8
   RE: Is Osten "Faking It"?? 1unatic 10-21-03 9
 RE: Is Osten "Faking It"?? whoami 10-21-03 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-10-03, 02:44 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Is Osten "Faking It"??"
I've been of the "Osten's faking it" camp for a while now. I am STILL trying to find my beloved tape with the first two episodes to go back and listen to his confessionals for more clues, but the ones I remember certainly didn't strike me as someone who was truly quitting and weak - he seemed to pick all the right the right words during the confessionals to lead me to believe that he's not really weak, never really wanted to quit, etc. I know there aren't many of us here who feel that way, but he does talk very differently when he's talking TO his tribemates as opposed to when he's talking on confessionals and in the TC voting "confessional". In particular, his comments after his Ryan S. vote struck me as very odd for someone who wanted everyone to vote him out. He got two votes at TC and I think that was something he didn't expect...so he kept his trap shut and did held out for a LONG time in that IC but still floundered on the RC. I don't know, nothing seems to add up with him and this is the only thing that makes sense to me. I hope I'm right, too.

I *heart* my ©2003 GeorgiaBelle Creation
"An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it" - Mohandas K. Gandhi

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-10-03, 08:09 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Is Osten "Faking It"??"
Agreeing with you PM. After week 2 I was pretty down on Osten. However, near the end of that show I was beginning to ascribe to the faking it theory. What's strange to me about the swimming failures is that he's been the first one in the water both times - why try to "lead out" and then fail misserably - so it looks like strategy to me.

BTW - is it just me, or does Osten remind you of Deion Sanders?

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-10-03, 11:11 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Is Osten "Faking It"??"
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-03 AT 12:43 PM (EST)

as pathetic
>as Andrew and RyanO.
>
This is the only part that I agree with. Why would anyone fake being useless and cause their tribe to suffer like they have? Only the fact that he's got Andrew fooled keeps him in the tribe.

If he faked it enough where they ALMOST lost or came CLOSE to winning but lost, I could see it. But he's cost them major losses, like the RC last night.

With a tribe with any brains, he'd be gone already.

Edited to add: I hadn't thought about it in terms of "the Big Lie" and all we know about that...Hmmmmmm...

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-10-03, 11:23 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Is Osten "Faking It"??"
I don't think he was drowning. I agree with those who think this is the Big Lie. It would fit. I think he would've been a lot more scared if he was really drowning.

sisyphus 321 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-10-03, 11:42 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Is Osten "Faking It"??"
I will have to agree with everyone here that Osten may be the perpetrator of the "great" lie...I watched last night and immediately the thought came to me.....he was by no stretch of the imagination in any danger of drowning, the guys threading water....he did not even try to get the piece of the puzzle...I was totally disgusted then I said ...whow this is his strategy...

Ep1...he appears to be the cool guy bring liquor and immediately forming an alliance with the guys he percieved to be the strength or power of the tribe....he even gets them to strip down with him....hence sabotaging the very first challenge

Ep2....Morgan looses both challenges and he immediately goes into a slump..which I now sincerely believe was an act to solidify the thought in peoples mind that even though he was muscular and percieved to be strong he was infact weak and therefore not a treat...so pleads please vote me out...but his alliance does not buy it or rather buys it but thinks it is temporary and so votes out Ryan S....more evidence Osten votes Ryan S the one he pled to and the most gullible...Lillian was the only one that did not buy it and saw through him....

Ep3....Morgan looses again and it plays well into Osten hands since although he puts up a valiant effort fails in the end against rupert who although in a big man is not nessecarily the strongest....but then rupert is into the game and not worried about stategy at this point.....thus he proves again he is not a treat...strong as he may seem....

Ep4...what to say...he obviously threw the reward challege but since the Drake tribe was hell bent on throwing the immunity challenge there was not much he could do.....

well that is theory anyway.....

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-10-03, 08:25 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Is Osten "Faking It"??"
I like your analysis sisyphus, it makes Osten look even more suspicious.

Nailbone - I think you are correct that this strategy would require that he be surrounded by people who aren't very observant.

I can't wait to see how this plays out.

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Nash 437 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-10-03, 11:30 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Is Osten "Faking It"??"
Absolutely faking it! Osten's the big lie. HE CAN SWIM. He isn't suffering. He's masterful and I see him in the top 4.

bobstew617 723 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-19-03, 09:48 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Is Osten "Faking It"??"
If he is "faking it", it really is a brilliant survival strategy as he won't be the major target right after the merge--that would be Rupert. If he is a faker, he would start winning the physical ICs around Ep 10.

1unatic 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-21-03, 09:17 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Is Osten "Faking It"??"
He's not faking. He really is a big, stupid, wimpy, weakling who just looks strong.

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-21-03, 09:44 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Is Osten "Faking It"??"
He could be faking it but I am not convinced yet. Some weight lifters are just that weight lifters and can not do anything else very good.

WHOAMI
We have but to choose what to do with the time we have been given.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •