The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Freinds of Mark B. Meeting"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-04-03, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Freinds of Mark B. Meeting"
Hi, my name is Scott and I am a Survivoraholic.

I just realized this while I was on my cruise last week. I had suspicions before, but now it is confirmed.

On the ship, the tv channels change depending on where you are and what contracts the ship has. Come Thursday night at 8:00 I noticed we were getting CBS. Yay! The only problem is Thursday was formal night for dinner and our dinner was at 8:30.Did I mention this was also the night we were going to celebrate our anniversary on the ship?

So I made my wife wait until the very last second to head up to the dinning room. I got to see Matt hang with his mom for a little while.

Now that in itself does not make me a Survivoraholic. Excusing myself at 8:50 to go to the "bathroom", and sneaking down to my room to see who gets the boot does.

The first words out of my wife's mouth when I got back was "Who got booted this week?" Not because she wanted to know, she wanted me to know she knew why I went. She even told the waiter to ask me.

I am just glad I didn't have to spend a fortune on the internet on board to find out.

So what are your stories of being a Survivoraholic?

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Freinds of Mark B. Meeting sisyphus 05-05-03 1
 RE: Survivoraholic..... smrtNsassybnkr 05-06-03 2
 RE: Freinds of Mark B. Meeting SteffiGurl 05-07-03 3
 RE: Freinds of Mark B. Meeting managerr 05-07-03 4
 RE: Freinds of Mark B. Meeting Jims02 05-07-03 5
 Survivoraholic whoami 05-07-03 6
 RE: Freinds of Mark B. Meeting Connie E 05-08-03 7
 RE: Freinds of Mark B. Meeting wildchickenhunter 05-09-03 8
   RE: Freinds of Mark B. Meeting survivorscott 05-10-03 9
 RE: Freinds of Mark B. Meeting KeithFan 05-11-03 10
 RE: Freinds of Mark B. Meeting bubbastan 05-11-03 11
 RE: Freinds of Mark B. Meeting managerr 05-12-03 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sisyphus 321 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-05-03, 05:24 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Freinds of Mark B. Meeting"
Hi my name is Sisyphus and I am a survoraholic. I am usually in the gym to start around 7:30pm and just so I don't miss survivor I cancel my strength training for thursdays and do a 1 hour on the treadmill just so i don't miss anything, then I go home.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-03, 05:09 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Survivoraholic....."
I too am a "survivoraholic" On Thursdays, you can ask my kids what day it is and they will tell you it's Survivor night! I don't answer the phone and kids are only allowed to ask me questions during commercial. (during the show, they have to go ask Dad) If I get phone calls, the kids know to take a message. My 6 yr old daughter has Gymnastics on Thursdays until 7:30. When I tell her we have to hurry she says..."I know Mom, it's survivor night!) On finale nights, we dress up in our best survivor camping clothes...(usually mess up our hair and add a little dirt to the face to keep it authentic) Always making sure to wear the appropriate tribe color. We have games during the commercials in which the kids can earn a number of rewards from Dorito's to dog bisquits. (can't forget that river water, can you?) It's usually a family event. We even try to coordinate our dinner menu to correspond with the country (ie: Thai food for Thailand etc...)

SteffiGurl 358 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-03, 04:04 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Freinds of Mark B. Meeting"
I got you beat.

I am the Stefmaster, and I...am a Survivorholic.

I have invented a game based on Survivor using dice and Uno cards. I used to maked up sixteen names and play them down to the final two. The game has very complex and concise rules.

And what's worse...eventually I started making paper figurines as game pieces to help me visualize the story, which I make up as I go along. It can be a very intense game depending on your imagination, but I have made about 100 paper people!

Is there a prescription drug for this? I'm totally possessed! I can't wait until Amazon is over so I can stop thinking about it!

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-07-03, 12:04 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Freinds of Mark B. Meeting"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-03 AT 12:04 PM (EST)

This is managerr and I too am a Survivorholic.

Last year during Survivor: Marquesas, my state decided to delay Survivor for a couple hours so that they could show the lame Big12 Basketball Tournament during that time slot.

I called the station 3 times (pretending to be different people) to protest, and fired off several emails. (And wrote form emails for my friends and co-workers to send to the station as well)
When they followed through with their decision to delay Survivor, I took off from work early, drove 2.5 hours out of state, just so that I could catch Survivor live, and then drove another 2.5 hours back home that evening.

Then when I came home, I watched Survivor again, since I had taped it. (I figured I may as well just in case my car got a flat or broke down while I was driving!)

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-07-03, 05:59 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Freinds of Mark B. Meeting"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-03 AT 06:00 PM (EST)

All my friends make fun of me because I can never do anything with them on Thursday nights, because it's Survivor night.

I did miss the finale of S2. Someone taped it for me. But, I could only watch it after school. So, I had to go the entire day making sure that I didn't find out who won Survivor. I got all the way to Spanish class (last period of the day) and I hear this girl talking about Survivor.

I said, "I don't even want to hear about about who won... Please!"

She replies, "Who won? Tina! Didn't you see the show?"

God, I wanted to smack her...

In Honor of Summary Writers...
7. "Christy wins the Jan Gentry “Aim High” Award" -Fester
8. "Heidi and Jenna are more Butch than Butch" -Draco
9. "Matthew: DINNER!" -Anotherkim
10. "Janet misplaces her granola bar. Granolagate!" -Swami
11. CARLA: "C'mon...do something! They just do jackbleep" -dabo

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-07-03, 10:02 PM (EST)
6. "Survivoraholic"
Hello my name is whoami?? I do not know. But I am a survivoraholic. Thursday is my night to watch Survivor. I tape it in case I miss something or somebody interupts me. My sister watches it also and records it just in case one of us misses it we can get the tape from each other and watch it. I spend 3-4 hours on line each night reading the spoilers and anything else about Survivor. I always watch it a second time so I can see what I missed.

WHOAMI

The way you play a game is how you are in real life when push comes to shove.

Connie E 117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-08-03, 11:33 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Freinds of Mark B. Meeting"
Hello, my name is Connie E and I am a survivorholic also. 2 stops are required after picking up my DD from preschool on Thursdays....
1) Blockbuster, where she is allowed to pick out the Disney movie of her choice, insuring me the full hour in peace to watch the show, and
2) Lil' Ceasars, where we get a $5.00 cheese pizza for dinner, so I won't have to cook.

My husband knows he is on "baby duty" with our son from 8:00-9:00.

I also watched the Tanya boot from S5 while in labor at the hospital. I can only say that being on the painkiller Staydol vastly improves your enjoyment of the show.

Do I need help? Oh, yeah, and anyone want to go out for a beer after the meeting??

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-09-03, 11:02 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Freinds of Mark B. Meeting"
Oh SS, I don;t know about the SurvivorAholic thing, but dump the wife. Putting your anniversary before Survivor, give me a break. If it where me I would have ordered room service. This is just wrong!

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-10-03, 05:32 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Freinds of Mark B. Meeting"
She puts up with me, So I love her. Hey she did let me wait until the last minute to go up there.

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-11-03, 01:03 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Freinds of Mark B. Meeting"
Hi, My name is KeithFan and I'm a Survivorholic too.

I became a SH mid season 1 and have been hooked since my first fix. It's humiliating, degrading, and I love every minute of it. I'm a 38 year old man with highschool age kids and I have to come home on my supper break to make SURE I set the VCR correctly on the Thursday nights I have to work. I even go so far as to hang a reminder note on the VCR not to touch because Survivor is taping.

I look at tomorrow nights episode with a certain amount of sadness. Sure the 3 hours will be awesome, but what will I do after that until September? Sure TAR broadcasting during the summer this season will help, but it will only be the Methadone for the heroin addict. God help me I even enjoyed Africa and Thailand!

Parting is such sweet sorrow.

"Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
- Saint Augustine (354-430)

bubbastan 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-11-03, 05:14 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Freinds of Mark B. Meeting"
Hi, I'm bubbastan, and I'm a Survivor-aholic. Thankfully, my dear husband, Mr. bubbastan, puts up with my repeated checking of the VCR to make sure that I've programmed it correctly, and the fact that after we get home from the weekly Survivor Night out, I pop in the tape and watch it again. He merely shakes his head sympathetically when I yell and him and dog if they make any noises (including turning the pages of the newspaper, rustling bags of pretzels, or scratching (the dog, not my husband )). He even put up with my blowing off fairly hard to get reservations for dinner on our last vacation so I could stay in the room and eat room-service hamburgers while I watched Survivor.

My problem is the folks at work. When I outrightly refused to attend an important client conference because I would have been in transit for this installment's premiere, they failed to see the humor of the situation. Actually, they failed to show any sympathy at all. I still didn't attend the conference (I tele-conferenced instead) and I'm still working, but let's just say my future does not look quite so bright as it once did.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-12-03, 01:02 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Freinds of Mark B. Meeting"
I think we've all been outdone by the guy who got his house torn down in the tornado. LOL. Yet, I'm sure if it happened to any of us, we'd be the same way.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •